[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Subject
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]


All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!


[Catalog] [Archive]

/news/ is a text board for sharing and discussing current news articles. When starting a thread you must include the complete URL of a news article from a credible news site (for instance, a newspaper, news magazine, or a news TV channel). Blogs and editorial articles are not acceptable news sources. News articles must be recent! Nothing older than 48 hours please. Threads older than 48 hours will cease to bump when replied to. Please note that 4chan's global rules are in effect. Blatant trolling and racism is not permitted.

Please note that news, news articles, and current events can also be discussed on /pol/; however /news/ is exclusively for recent news articles, and not general discussions of politics, social phenomenon, or world events.
>>
Please note that although /news/ is a text board, the thread creator is permitted to upload an image to the original post. All replies to the thread, however, are to be strictly text only.

File: Screenshot_24.png (451 KB, 638x561)
451 KB
451 KB PNG
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2018/nov/09/scotland-first-country-approve-lgbti-school-lessons

Scotland will now "teach pupils about the history of LGBTI equalities and movements"

What do you think of this ?

Are you against it or not ?
66 replies omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>323493
We do, but if you've read curriculum text books you would notice no one bitches about their wife's being part of the paragraph, no complaints about implicit heternormality. But dare mention how much of a gayboy Greek/Roman gods are or how mathematical boyfriend's helped the proof structure for infinity counting, and suddenly it's forced? It's not turning straights into gays, it's just giving light to those who were snuffed out because gays are the Antichrist or whatever they bitch about nowadays.
>>
>>323506
"heternomality" I love how you use fucking buzzwords! Most of the faggots you mentioned in history are in fact pederasts!
>>
>>324447
Some of them were, sure. But "most" is simply statistically wrong, and we still teach about straight pedos too so your point is more than simple gays.
>>
Really don't care about it since I don't live in that country, but I will care if it starts to effect my country.
>>
>>324447
>heternomality is a buzzword
it's a totally accurate description of our culture, whether or not you think heterosexual relationships should be the norm. personally I think no amount of gay acceptance will lead to 50-50 equality between gay and hetero relationships, but gay acceptance in society still has a long way to go.

>>“The Lobby,” the four-part Al-Jazeera documentary that was blocked under heavy Israeli pressure shortly before its release, has been leaked online by the Chicago-based website Electronic Intifada, the French website Orient XXI and the Lebanese newspaper Al-Akhbar


>> It uncovers Israel’s sleazy character assassination of academics, activists and journalists, its well-funded fake grassroots activism, its manipulation of press coverage, and its ham-fisted attempts to destroy marriages, personal relationships and careers. The film highlights the efforts to discredit liberal Jews and Jewish organizations as tools of radical jihadists, referring, for example, to Jewish Voice for Peace as “Jewish Voice for Hamas” and claiming that many members of the organization are not actually Jewish. Israel recruits black South Africans into an Israeli front group called Stop Stealing My Apartheid, in a desperate effort to counter the reality of the apartheid state that Israel has constructed. The series documents Israel’s repeated and multifaceted interference in the internal affairs of the United States, including elections;
https://www.truthdig.com/articles/the-film-the-israel-lobby-does-no
9 replies omitted. Click here to view.
>>
Land of the free
fucking lmao
>>
Lobbying should be fucking banned. Doubly so for foreign lobbying.
>>
Russian psyops are small game compared to this.
>>
>>324189
Unironically true. It's against democracy. The richest and most powerful get their voice heard more than for example poor people or just one voter. One vote is not worth one vote anymore if lobbyist lobby something after the election. You could argue lobbyists have even millions of votes AFTER the election.
>>
>>324036
jews control europe too

File: 1537062419216.png (814 KB, 872x770)
814 KB
814 KB PNG
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-06/republican-valadao-concedes-to-democrat-cox-in-calif-house-race

Democrat T.J. Cox defeated incumbent Republican David Valadao in California’s 21st Congressional District as Valadao conceded the race. The Associated Press had declared Valadao the winner in the Central Valley district, though votes counted since the Nov. 6 election put Cox ahead.

By defeating three-term Valadao, Cox joins a cohort of Democrats who seized GOP-held House seats in California. Cox is an engineer and local business owner who attacked Valadao on his nearly 100% record of supporting President Trump’s agenda.

The Cox win brings to 40 the number of seats Democrats have flipped in the House.


---------

BUT WAIT, IT COULD BE 41!

>'Damaged goods': Alleged fraud has GOP bracing for loss of N.C. seat
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/07/dan-mccready-north-carolina-house-election-1051829

Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
20 replies omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>324222
>0.0001%
So now your tune is "well I guess it happens but there's not a lot of convictions so no big deal!” Right?
>>
>>324224
>The reason why there isn't any fraud reported is because it rarely happens
>it rarely happens
I don't see what you mean by now. It was clear from the start that's what was being stated. Your fault for being pedantic.
>>
>>324224
The point of contention that is quoted in five posts is
>>there isn't any fraud reported is because it rarely happens
from >>324147, which I also assume >>324208 was posted in response to (why the fuck couldn't you post all of that in one post). Your evidence has done nothing to disprove >>324147's original statement that voter fraud is rare (note that he never said it NEVER happens, that's something you're insisting on your own).

And it seems like the problem is being handled pretty well. Even if we assume that the US is awful at catching fraud and the rate is actually ten times that, it's only .001%, or 11k votes. If all of those were concentrated in one year and for once particular race, then maybe you could tip a single close election. Spread out over nearly four decades and 50 states? Zero net effect. You would need to believe that US law enforcement is so inept that they failed to prosecute at a rate THOUSANDS of times greater.

So which is easier for you to believe: that voter fraud is too small to be a problem, or the US is so massively incompetent that they can only catch a fraction of a percent of all voter fraud (and has been this incompetent for decades)?
>>
>>324203
>Implying forging signatures for state ballot measure petitions and voter registration is voter fraud.

>>324204
>Republican in red state conducting actual witch hunt to suppress the vote.

>>324205
>Isolated incident as only one person was charged, which proves my point.

>>324206
>Isolated incident as only one person was charged, which proves my point.

You guys are TERRIBLE at this.
>>
https://i.4cdn.org/tv/1544421296684.png

In case anyone still tries to argue it isn't a blue wave, this graph should settle it.

File: smug2.jpg (131 KB, 940x720)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA (WWBT) - A jury found James Fields Jr. – the man who plowed into a crowd during the Unite the Right rally in August 2017 – guilty of first-degree murder on Friday.

A 12-person jury of seven women and five men also found Fields guilty on charges of aggravated malicious wounding, three counts of malicious wounding and one count of leaving the scene of an accident causing serious injury or death.

The two-week trial concluded Thursday as both sides delivered their closing arguments.

In closing statements, the commonwealth argued the case was about intent. Prosecutors said Fields used his car as a deadly weapon and that he acted with malice, intent and premeditation.

Senior Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Nina-Alice Antony said there is no credible evidence of Fields' claim that his car was attacked.

Antony said Fields acted with hatred, and that same hatred can be seen in text messages sent to his mother before the rally. She told him to be careful and Fields replied with “we are not the ones who need to be careful” alongside a picture of Adolf Hitler.

As the trial closed on Thursday, more photo evidence was released, including Fields in a convenience store with Joshua Matthews, and a young couple from the Richmond area. They were all together less than an hour before the crash. Fields dropped them off at their car, and they said no to going to lunch.

Antony said it was important for jurors to see that Fields had an intent to harm others, making a decision to act of “ill will, hate and anger.”

Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
103 replies omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>324233
>Blame the defense lawyer when this was an open and shut case for murder.
Maybe you Nazis should have crowd funded a 'good' defense lawyer instead of whining about the state doing the bare minimum to help you anti-American scum
>>
>>323929
>>323985
> Mother of the victim says she died of a heart attack
> videos of the car attack show she was grazed
> refrains from doing research on who these people actually are and blames it on /pol/
>>>> random videos and literally whos
Next you'll say I'm /pol/.
>>
>>324018
I remember it was George Washington driving the charger immediately before
>>
>>323683

>news article reporting that someone who murdered someone found guilty
>should be fairly uncontroversial stuff
>101 posts
>>
>>324475
Fascists are very sensitive and like to deny reality all the time.

When Chris Cantwell learned that fellow neo-Nazi James Fields Jr. had been convicted of murder, he promised violent retribution - "complete and total destruction" by "an army of fanatics" ready to die for their cause.

But, as with everything Cantwell has done since August 2017, his vow was at least somewhat blunted by his dramatic fall and humiliating nickname: the "Crying Nazi."

Cantwell, who earned the nickname for his reaction to news of a warrant for his arrest, made the threats on Friday, the same day Fields was found guilty of murder for ramming his car through a street crowded with counterprotesters at a rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, last year. Thirty-five people were injured and one killed, Heather Heyer.

As The Washington Post's Joe Heim and Kristine Phillips reported, the killing "culminated a dark 24 hours in this quiet college town." And Cantwell was mostly in the middle of it. A photographer for The Washington Post captured him sitting on a curb, being tended to by police after being hit in the eyes with tear gas.

A year later, with Fields' trial done, Cantwell went on the alt-right social media platform Gab and aimed his words at "Charlottesville and the broad Left." He said Fields' conviction "will drive us toward your complete and total destruction." He claimed that there are more than enough people "to put in the massive amounts of unpleasant work."

The next "Dylann Roof, the next Robert Bowers, he's not going to go out blasting and be out of the fight," Cantwell wrote.

Cantwell has made similarly ominous threats before. As The Washington Post's Avi Selk wrote in August 2017, "Cantwell was the thick-armed embodiment of white nationalism to tens of millions of people - the star of VICE News and HBO's documentary about [the] rallies, which has been seen more than 30 million times."

https://www.tampabay.com/nation-world/crying-nazi-vows-destruction-of-the-left-after-charlottesville-killers-murder-conviction-20181209/
>>
He even weighed in on the violence that came to epitomize the rally, saying the fatal car strike was justified because the protesters had been "stupid animals."

But then came Cantwell's fall.

A video shot in his hotel room shortly after the rally shows Cantwell learning there is a warrant out for his arrest over the use of illegal gas and injury by caustic agent or explosive. He appears to be on the verge of tears.

"I've been told there's a warrant out for my arrest," Cantwell pleads to the camera, through sniffles and in a trembling voice. "I don't know what to do!"

The dismantling of his persona wasn't over.

A short time later his OkCupid profile was leaked online, describing him as single, 6-feet-tall and interested in marriage and children.

"Ideally I'd like to talk on here briefly, move quickly to the phone, and then we can go out on a date and see what happens," wrote the user "ItsChris603," beneath what appears to be a gym-mirror selfie of Cantwell.

If that happens, it will be without the help of OkCupid. Ten minutes after the company learned Cantwell was on its site, it banned him "for life."

Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
>>
>>324455
Already a thread up.
>>
>>324458
It's okay, I see that one is a different article.

File: trumpadmin-kelly.jpg (143 KB, 640x638)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - White House Chief of Staff John Kelly will leave his job at the end of the year, U.S. President Donald Trump said on Saturday, his latest staff shakeup since midterm elections a month ago cost Republicans control of the House of Representatives.

Trump, speaking to reporters as he left the White House to attend the annual football game between the Army and Navy military academies in Philadelphia, said he would name a successor for Kelly, possibly on an interim basis, in the next day or two.

“He’s a great guy,” Trump said of Kelly, who led the Department of Homeland Security before taking over as Trump’s chief of staff. “I appreciate his service very much.”

Trump has been in discussions for months with Nick Ayers, a top aide to Vice President Mike Pence, about becoming his chief of staff, a White House official told Reuters.

A freewheeling former businessman, Trump brought Kelly in last year to restore order to his often chaotic White House, but has clashed repeatedly with the retired Marine Corps general in recent months. The two men were no longer on speaking terms, according to one source with direct knowledge of the situation.

Kelly’s impending departure is part of a broad overhaul designed to recalibrate Trump’s administration as it faces a new reality in Washington, with Democrats set to take control of the House in January and the 2020 presidential race gearing up next year.

Trump made Kelly chief of staff after the departure of Reince Priebus, who lasted little more than six months in the job.

Unlike other key Cabinet appointments, the White House chief of staff does not require confirmation by the U.S. Senate.

Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
2 replies omitted. Click here to view.
>>
It's almost like he is specifically removing people to prevent bingo.
>>
>>324102
And he refused because he does not want to be a part of this sinking ship.

Can't wait to see what this administration is like without Kelly. Kelly was scum but he was preventing Trump from making a lot of stupid moves. Now Trump won't have someone to restrain him.
>>
>>324083
I love how Trump is the free space
>>
>>324437
It's funny because FoxNews spent a lot of airtime promoting him as some kind of wunderkind after the announcement on Friday.
>>
This season of The Apprentice is fucking terrible. None of these people are likeable or are in any way competent enough to run a business much less a government agency.

File: 1543446139216.png (544 KB, 1033x1500)
544 KB
544 KB PNG
Donald Trump’s first Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) administrator repeatedly violated agency policy to use personal email for government business, according to newly released public records.

Scott Pruitt – who left the administration this summer after months of controversy over his spending, travel and ties with industry – used his private email account for work over a period of months, according to records recently made available to the Sierra Club.

Someone forwarded the emails to Pruitt’s government account on the day he resigned. EPA policy requires employees to do so within 20 days of any correspondence via personal accounts.

Using personal rather than government email shields messages from public records requests and can put sensitive information at risk. Trump repeatedly criticized Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential campaign for using a private email account and server while she was secretary of state.

Others in the administration, including the president’s daughter, Ivanka Trump, have used personal email accounts for work.

Elena Saxonhouse, a senior attorney for the Sierra Club, said Pruitt’s email use “treads into unlawfulness if he was using personal email to evade the Federal Records Act or [Freedom of Information Act]”.

She added: “The fact that his personal emails weren’t provided to us until after he left could mean that he was actively trying to hide something or that he was just as cavalier about records policy as he was about all the other rules on government accountability and ethics. Both are bad.”

In response to a previous request, the EPA had officially released just one message Pruitt wrote to anyone outside the agency during his first 10 months in office. His emails offer a new look at his close relationships with influential conservatives.

Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
12 replies omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>324078
>>
>>324275
Quality post
>>
>>324202
>says he violated policy by not forwarding said emails within the required timeframe. Care to explain what he did that is illegal? policy vs legislation
It's a violation of the Federal Records Act.

>https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-bill/1233
>(Sec. 10) Prohibits an officer or employee of an executive agency from creating or sending a record using a non-official electronic messaging account unless such officer or employee: (1) copies an official electronic messaging account of the officer or employee in the original creation or transmission of the record, or (2) forwards a complete copy of the record to an official electronic messaging account of the officer or employee not later than 20 days after the original creation or transmission of the record. Provides for disciplinary action against an agency officer or employee for an intentional violation of such prohibition.
>>
>>324305
Further reading.

>https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2018-09/documents/interim-records-mgmt-policy-20180822.pdf

>The FRA, as amended, requires all federal agencies to make and preserve records
containing adequate and proper documentation of their organization, function, policies,
decisions, procedures and essential transactions. These records are public property and
must be managed according to applicable laws and regulations.

>Official Agency business should first and foremost be done on official EPA information
systems. The FRA now prohibits the creation or sending of a federal record using a nonEPA
electronic messaging account unless the individual creating or sending the record
either: (1) copies their EPA email account at the time of initial creation or transmission of
the record, or (2) forwards a complete copy of the record to their EPA email account within

Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
>>
>>324078
The real discussion here should be how an AGW denying corporate shill, a greedy drone that, while serving as attorney general of Oklahoma, sued the EPA 14 times on behalf of energy companies and polluters in exchange for campaign donations, was ever appointed head of the EPA in the first place - that's something that's worth investigating a little i think, not his fucking emails.

http://www.edfaction.org/scott-pruitts-web-fundraising-and-lawsuits

So Meng Wanzhou held 7 passports, in theory gave them up as China doesn't allow dual nationality...and only kept Hong Kong and Chinese passports. She had Canadian Permanent residency but lost it in 2009...though there is often no confirmation of that sort of thing.
https://www.voachinese.com/a/4693315.html
This is her other house in Vancouver, courtesy of VOA Chinese service.
>>
Another good story, I am sorry, no translation at this time...busy.
http://cn.rfi.fr/%E4%B8%AD%E5%9B%BD/20181208-%E5%AD%9F%E6%99%9A%E8%88%9F%E6%8B%A57%E6%9C%AC%E6%8A%A4%E7%85%A7%E5%BA%AD%E8%BE%A9%E8%AE%B2%E4%B8%8D%E6%B8%85-%E4%B8%AD%E5%9B%BD%E6%8A%A4%E7%85%A7%E6%AD%A3%E5%9C%A8%E5%AF%84%E5%87%BA
>>
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/technology/tech-news/nortel-turned-to-rcmp-about-cyber-hacking-in-2004-ex-employee-says/article534295/

Good story from 2012, how Nortel was brought down by Huawei. Meng is out now, due to health reasons, seems she suffers from high blood pressure and sleep apnea.
>>
ou can follow her on instagram.

annabelballerina on Instagram Her sisters name is Yao (different mom)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/resizer/wAU4hlTgDG2PP0k1jaix-Evz4Qk=/1484x0/arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/UV72JXEEL4I6PHT2ED5I26QNWY.jpg

>When Christopher Cantwell learned that self-professed neo-Nazi James Alex Fields Jr. had been convicted of murder, he promised violent retribution — “complete and total destruction” by “an army of fanatics” ready to die for their cause.

>But, as with everything Cantwell has done since August 2017, his vow was at least somewhat blunted by his dramatic fall and humiliating nickname: the “Crying Nazi.”

>Cantwell, who earned the nickname for his reaction to news of a warrant for his arrest, made the threats on Friday, the same day Fields was found guilty of first-degree murder for ramming his car through a crowd of counterprotesters at the “Unite the Right” rally last year in Charlottesville. Heather Heyer, 32, was killed, and 35 others were injured, many grievously.

>As The Washington Post’s Joe Heim and Kristine Phillips reported, the killing “culminated a dark 24 hours in this quiet college town” — and Cantwell was mostly in the middle of it. A photographer for The Post captured him sitting on a curb, being tended to by police after being hit with tear gas.

>A year later, with Fields’s trial now over, Cantwell went on the social media platform Gab, known for its far-right user base, and aimed his words at “Charlottesville and the broad Left.” Fields’s conviction “will drive us toward your complete and total destruction,” he said, claiming that there are more than enough people “to put in the massive amounts of unpleasant work.”

>The next “Dylann Roof, the next Robert Bowers, he’s not going to go out blasting and be out of the fight,” Cantwell wrote.
4 replies omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>324381
>I would nuke the internet this very instance
the absolute state of /news/
>>
>/pol/ is a bunch of crying little bitches
Not really breaking news, but still news
>>
>>324415
yes but it bears repeating.
>>
cantwell is based
>>
>>324460
And you’re boring as fuck. Based blah blah. Idiots.

One emailer wrote: ““You are a disgusting, vile Jew … This is OUR country: you’re merely living here (for now).”

A caller said: “You should have died in the Holocaust with the rest of your people.”

But the calls that most disturbed Tanya Gersh consisted only of the sound of gunshots being fired.

The terror campaign — known as a “troll storm” — was the result of Daily Stormer publisher Andrew Anglin’s December 2016 directive, urging hundreds of thousands of readers to harass the Jewish woman and her family, according to court filings.

Gersh sued the known neo-Nazi. On Wednesday, a Montana federal judge denied Anglin’s motion to dismiss the case, holding that speech in encouraging anti-Semitic harassment was not entitled to First Amendment protection.

The Montana mother found herself in Anglin’s crosshairs in late 2016, after Richard Spencer, a household name in the alt-right movement, gained notoriety when a video of him shouting “Hail Trump!” at a conference of nearly 300 white nationalists — and the Nazi salutes it elicited — went viral.

Spencer’s mother, Sherry Spencer, owned a ski home in the otherwise idyllic town of Whitefish, Mont. After facing local protests related to her son’s views, she reached out to Gersh, who in 2016 worked as a real estate agent, about selling the property.

Subsequently, court filings allege, Sherry Spencer decided not to sell. Months later, she published a blog post on Medium, accusing Gersh of extortion, threats and denouncing her son’s views.

Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
109 replies omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>319573
>>319859
>Don't present an argument
>But claim you won an argument no one was making anyway.
Take your own medicine and fuck off.
>>
>>315161
>You still can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater without having to go jail.
Hey, bad news, the precedent you're referencing was overturned 50 years ago because it constituted a direct violation to the first amendment.
https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2012/11/its-time-to-stop-using-the-fire-in-a-crowded-theater-quote/264449/

Maybe if you were a little more educated, a little less stupid, and didn't just parrot everything you read on twitter; you would have known that before you made such a stupid fucking post.

Like most people on this board, they pretend to be highly educated on everything except the facts. When the facts are presented, they try to move goalposts because the idea that they were, perhaps, wrong never entered their minds and they will be right no matter what the facts say.

Fact: There is no law against being an asshole
Fact: Harassment contains more than just saying mean words to someone
Fact: this case isn't going anywhere and is based entirely on the hot takes of a single judge.

As vile as it is, it's still protected under the first amendment. You're uneducated if you disagree because there's plenty of precedent to prove so.
>>
Also: this is now the point where the entire board screams and whines about nazis and /pol/ because the facts of the case don't like up with what they *feel* is right. Because to this board, feelings > reality.
Just like every other thread on this shithole of a board.
>>
>>324445
Feel free to state anything resembling a fact any time.
>>
>>324444
That would be a shame for the 1st amendment if any of your points were true since Anglin defamed them based on their ethnicity/religion and doxxed them for their personal information (including a child's), but you'd have had to read rather than take some anon's low hanging idiot fruit. But hey, if I just say the reason they're in court is because they said mean things and not anything else that transpired, it's just babies who don't understand free speech in the US.

Well, well, well...
It all makes sense, /pol/ aka r/The_Donald are a bunch of betas who attached themselves to Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/11/29/how-donald-trump-appeals-to-men-secretly-insecure-about-their-manhood/

From boasting about the size of his penis on national television to releasing records of his high testosterone levels, President Trump’s rhetoric and behavior exude machismo. His behavior also seems to have struck a chord with some male voters. See, for example, the “Donald Trump: Finally Someone With Balls” T-shirts common at Trump rallies.

But our research suggests that Trump is not necessarily attracting male supporters who are as confidently masculine as the president presents himself to be. Instead, Trump appears to appeal more to men who are secretly insecure about their manhood. We call this the “fragile masculinity hypothesis.” Here is some of our evidence.

>What is ‘fragile masculinity’?

Research shows that many men feel pressure to look and behave in stereotypically masculine ways — or risk losing their status as “real men.” Masculine expectations are socialized from early childhood and can motivate men to embrace traditional male behaviors while avoiding even the hint of femininity. This unforgiving standard of maleness makes some men worry that they’re falling short. These men are said to experience “fragile masculinity.”

The political process provides a way that fragile men can reaffirm their masculinity. By supporting tough politicians and policies, men can reassure others (and themselves) of their own manliness. For example, sociologist Robb Willer has shown that men whose sense of masculinity was threatened increased their support for aggressive foreign policy.


Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
44 replies omitted. Click here to view.
>>
This board is cancer.
>>
>>320714
>lol ur dick is small

Intense 2018 political dialogue ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>322307
>>322322
>>322356
>>322405
Holy shit /pol/tards getting triggered HARD.
>>
>>322356
You're a whiny faggot
>>
>>322356
You must think all of this website's cancer then. No one likes you reddit faggots. No one. Get the fuck off of 4chan and stick to your shithole of the internet.

File: TDB-L-NUNS-1204-225-1.jpg (1.98 MB, 4000x2491)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB JPG
Two longtime nuns at St. James Catholic School in Torrance allegedly embezzled as much as $500,000 in tuition, fees and donations, perhaps spending some of the money on trips and gambling at casinos while telling parents the school was operating on a shoestring budget, officials and parents said.

The figure represents only what auditors have been able to trace in six years’ of bank records and might not include other cash transactions, officials from the Archdiocese of Los Angeles told parents and alumni at a meeting Monday night at St. James Catholic Church in Redondo Beach. An audio recording of the two-hour meeting was obtained by the Southern California News Group.

The apparent scandal came to light last week when the church’s small, K-8 school announced that it had notified police that Sister Mary Margaret Kreuper, and Sister Lana Chang, who both had retired earlier this year, were “involved in the personal use of a substantial amount of school funds.” But the nuns had expressed remorse, and the archdiocese and the church were not pursuing criminal charges.

Kreuper was the school’s principal, and Chang taught there.

The revelation comes four years after a car struck and killed four people as they left a Christmas concert at the church, including a 6-year-old boy.

Michael Meyers, the church’s monsignor, told the crowd of a few hundred people that the archdiocese launched an internal investigation six months ago after the organization performed a standard audit of procedures ahead of Kreuper’s retirement after 28 years at the school.

Around the same time, Meyers said, a family happened to request a copy of a check made out to the school, and the staff noticed it had been deposited in a bank account other than the school’s.



Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
>>
That’s when Kreuper became “very nervous and very anxious” about the upcoming financial review and requested that the staff alter records, the monsignor said. Meyers said he alerted an archdiocese internal auditor performing the review that “something was off” and that the auditor confirmed his suspicions.

The archdiocese then hired an independent forensic auditor for a deeper review.

Without the red flags raised by the check, Kreuper’s “strange” behavior and a tip made to an archdiocese ethics hotline, officials said the school would never have known about the problem.

The improper use of the funds had been going on for at least 10 years, Meyers said. The parish and the school have always run in the black, so it appears no one had suspicions.

“The systems that were set up were dividing people, so nobody knew what was happening,” Meyers said.

A retired FBI agent hired by the archdiocese interviewed school staffers and the nuns.

“When he was talking to Sister Mary Margaret, she did acknowledge that she had been taking all the money, so that’s not a question,” Meyers said.

He said no other staff members are suspected of wrongdoing, but a bookkeeper who was unaware of the long-running scheme has voluntarily taken a leave of absence to preserve the integrity of the investigation.

Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
>>
The sisters used a majority of the money for “personal gain,” officials said, though some of it was “recycled” back to the school.

Meyers said the money would have ended up in the school’s reserve funds.

The sisters expressed deep remorse, officials said.

The archdiocese is cooperating with Torrance police, but is unwilling to be a “complaining party,” archdiocese lawyer Marge Graf told parents. She said the decision was made because the nuns’ order, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, has agreed to pay the school full restitution and impose “severe sanctions” on Kreuper and Chang.

When a parent asked what the money was spent on, the attorney said: “We do know that they had a pattern of going on trips, we do know they had a pattern of going to casinos, and the reality is, they used the account as their personal account.”

The nuns, described by many as best friends, have been removed from ministry, according to a letter from the order read aloud during the meeting. Meyers said they have been moved to separate convents.

Church officials did not say whether the order’s restitution agreement hinged on the archdiocese not pursuing criminal charges.

Meyers and other officials pledged to make changes to prevent abuse in the future, noting that new principal Noreen Maricich has implemented an online payment system for tuition that draws funds directly from parents’ bank accounts.

Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
>>
Jack Alexander of Redondo Beach said in an interview with the Southern California News Group that he and other parents are considering banding together to act as a complaining party to Torrance police themselves. But without cooperation from the archdiocese, he is doubtful the effort would lead to prosecution.

“We were an ATM, and people know it and they won’t ask for justice,” Alexander said.

The approach sends the wrong message to students, he said, that money is more important than morals.

“They are trying to recapture money, not get justice,” Alexander said.

Paul Eakins, a spokesman for the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, said prosecutors have not been presented with a case yet from Torrance police. Sgt. Ronald Harris said police will confer at some point with the District Attorney’s Office.

“Our office doesn’t decline to charge simply because the victim’s future cooperation is problematical,” Eakins said. “However, if a victim is not presently cooperating, we may consider that as a factor in determining whether a case can be successfully prosecuted.”

Many in attendance questioned how the school could claim in a parent letter that the embezzlement did not affect the students’ education, and they criticized officials for hesitating at first to reveal the full, six-figure estimate. Some have called on Meyers to resign.

Denise Sur, a longtime St. James parishioner who put four children through the school and spoke at the meeting, said in an interview that she was disappointed that details were not provided immediately.

Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
>>
“The biggest thing is I’d prefer to see this not hurt the school more than it already has,” he said in an interview.

Samantha Pierce, a Torrance resident who has attended St. James for more than 30 years and whose son graduated from the school, said the controversy underscores a failure of church leadership. Only a police investigation can be trusted, she said.

“They convicted the sisters before they actually have the facts on hand, that is the thing that disturbed me the most,” Pierce said.

She expressed skepticism that the nuns acted maliciously, even given their apparent admissions of guilt.

Kreuper was known to forgive tuition debt and offer assistance to families experiencing financial hardships, Pierce said, and she took trips to Las Vegas because she visited a friend from a Catholic school where she used to teach.

A spokeswoman for the Diocese of Las Vegas could not be reached on Wednesday. Kreuper has a past address and P.O. Box in Las Vegas, public records show.

If the nuns indeed misused funds wrongfully, Pierce said she would forgive them.

Other parents said it was well-known that Kreuper and Chang traveled often and went gambling, but that they claimed they were gifted the trips by a rich relative.

Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/06/mueller-to-release-new-details-on-ex-trump-aides-manafort-cohen.html

Smash Bros. released and Mueller news on the same day. This is going to be glorious.
294 replies omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>324253
You're probably right.

We got duped.
>>
>>324199
>You can't just randomly decide to launch nukes mate.
Yes you can, in fact Donald Trump could do it within a few minutes when he looks in the mirror and sees his tiny itty bitty wee wee
he will do this if he is voted out of office
>>
>>324323
You know full well the joint chiefs will ignore it.

They've already ignored orders to bomb Syria. The president doesn't have direct launch authority - the nuclear football is not a button. He simply gives the command to the joint chiefs and they percolate it down through the system. Strategic command obviously does this faster for rapid response reasons but it still goes through General Mattis and his men.

And General Mattis isn't that stupid.
>>
>>324253
He didn't intend to do anything about the swamp or immigration in the first place.

Think about this: What exactly would the Republicans run on if they didn't have the immigrants to blame? They benefit from keeping the USA in a perpetual state of "We have to do something about those damn immigrants!"
>>
>>324440
>What exactly would the Republicans run on if they didn't have the immigrants to blame?
everything thing else they generally base their platforms on. lower taxes, less business restrictions, creating jobs instead of gibmes, stuff like that

File: QPortraitSFIII3rd.jpg (150 KB, 1600x1600)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
The "QAnon" community is falling apart.

Perhaps no conspiracy theory has thrived more readily in the dark corners of the internet since it was first born last October on the infamous troll message board 4chan following President Donald Trump's vague remarks last year at a military dinner that it was the "calm before the storm." An anonymous user claiming to be a high-level government informant and calling himself "Q" after the highest level of security clearance at the Energy Department, began leaving cryptic messages he called "crumbs" which were supposed to be hints as to a wide-scale government operation known as "The Storm" to take down government corruption and the new world order, with Trump at the center. While the messages often had very specific dates, many aspects of them were purposefully vague, allowing believers in "QAnon" to use their imagination and fill in gaps.

In time, a gigantic overarching narrative emerged in which Trump, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, and Special Counsel Robert Mueller were all working together and planning mass arrests of everyone from Hillary Clinton to liberal financier George Soros to members of Congress, for their role in a massive, world-spanning criminal child sex ring enterprise that has included every former U.S. president — and that people should prepare martial law and orchestrated mass riots to protect those marked for arrest. Q's believers have claimed that North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un is a CIA plant, that former Democratic staffer Seth Rich was assassinated by MS-13 on the orders of party leadership, and that Republicans intentionally lost the special election for Jeff Sessions' Senate seat in Alabama to build evidence of voter fraud. At its height, QAnon broke into popular culture, with disgraced TV star Roseanne Barr promoting it on Twitter.

https://www.salon.com/2018/11/15/qanons-true-believers-are-devastated-as-the-conspiracy-theory-goes-down-in-flames/
177 replies omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>m-muh racism
>4channel
what a meme
>>
>>317332
I just went on the restaurants IG, because this post made me except some overly-candid shots of kids or creepy old mascots or something.

But dude, there's literally fucking nothing out of the ordinary on it. It's your straight-up, run-of-the-mill urban hipster fare. If anything, it's notable in just how UNNOTABLE it is.

Where are you getting this pedophilia connotations from? How on earth could you look at that page and come to the conclusion "this is the work of a secret pedophile involved in human trafficking?"
>>
>>324378
yeah, hes really cleaned it up since pizzagate
>>
>>323770
Same goes for /news/.
>>
>>324419
>"Yeah it was totally bad before" *provides no proof*


Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10]
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10]
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.