[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: maxresdefault.jpg (62 KB, 403x720)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>have a 2002 miata as a weekend car
>shifter is raw and mechanical
>feel every notch and click
>clutch is physically exhausting and punishing
>if I don't treat it exactly how it wants to be treated it jumps and hops in protest
>daily an auto for years
>need a new daily
>test drive a VW wagon with a manual box
>clutch feels weighless
>impossible to fuck up the start
>every shift is insanely smooth
>the knob almost feels like a joystick rather than a mechanical lever
why do people act like driving a manual is a big deal again? these modern boxes are so fucking easy to drive it's WILD
>>
>>27632671
>feel every notch and click
>if I don't treat it exactly how it wants to be treated it jumps and hops in protest
This car has personality.
>>
>>27632671
You make the case while simultaneously saying old manuals are physically exhausting.
>>
>>27632671
>using the shifter and clutch in a miata is physically exhausting to you

If you had shown me this post 2 years ago I'd have said it had to be a troll post but now... I'm scared that it's not.

Jesus christ OP, I thought I was weak and out of shape, how do you even survive?
>>
>>27632671
Either your Miata is modified or something is fucked up, they have baby ass clutches stock too. It should not be exhausting and punishing unless you have some race clutch that's way stronger than a stock miata's power needs.
>>
>>27632671
Your clutch is fucked, probably a nigrigged fix that messed with how and when the clutch stops making contact (would also explain why it's so hard to press in the pedal). You should also check your synchros.
>>
>>27632804
>>27632829
>>27632860
eh I don't have a miata personally but I've driven a few on tracks through rentals and car swapping at track days
the old ones are honestly pretty rough on your thigh, at least the ones with steel lines and a track clutch
there aren't any helper features on the first two generations at all, I know /o/ freaks out about miatas for some reason, but the last fully stock one I drove felt like any heavily stripped out track car does
sure, they don't exactly require the pressure of purpose-built track machines, but for an enthusiast car they're pretty raw and raw means physically demanding to some extent
plus op is probably smol as he's a miata owner, so it's probably harder for him
>>
File: PXL_20230615_131048189.jpg (2.86 MB, 4032x2268)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB JPG
>>27633956
I have two NB Miatas like his and neither has a particularly stiff clutch. They're very easy and forgiving.
>>
>>27632780
>Have to double clutch into 2nd and 3rd on cold days or it grinds
>Bucks no matter what on cold days
>Can't get it to do either on warm days even if I intentionally try to make it happen
She hates the cold and so do I.
>>
miatas are for fags
>>
>>27634543
When are you buying yours?
>>
>>27632671
my NC3 is exactly the same. completely ruined all other cars for me.
>>
>>27632671
>shifter is raw and mechanical
Change the fluid and get a weighted shift knob.
>>
>>27634005
NBs are cute
>>
File: 1703298152968915.jpg (73 KB, 980x683)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>27632671
Sounds like an aftermarket heavy duty clutch. When did you last change the oil in the shifter and replace the boots?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.