[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1705676805446436.jpg (43 KB, 640x427)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
Are mild hybrids a meme? I'm completely out of the loop when it comes to those.
Father tells me I should get one. Are repairs more expensive for those? Are they more prone to having issues than regular motors?
I'd be driving it to work like 14km a day and take about two 1400km trips a year.

Looking for something up to 25k€ at most and 1-2 years old but optimally cheaper what are the options?
Suzuki Vitara is one I found in that cost range.
>>
>>27632446
For 25k€ you should be able to get a brand new Vitara with 0 km, 4wd, panoramic sunroof, and top (GLX) trim, which includes adaptive cruise control, leather upholstery, keyless entry and start, satnav, automatic climate control, and all of the other bells and whistles. If you don't need/want 4wd, then you can save ~4k€ and still get all the nice features, or you can get a mid (GL+) trim, which still includes adaptive cruise control and a lot of other nice features, with 2wd for 18.5k€. All of them come with a 3 year comprehensive warranty that includes roadside assistance throughout Europe (not just the EU) and even places like Morocco and Turkey and a 7 year warranty on the powertrain. I don't see how you could go wrong.
>>
>>27632901
The wrong part is getting a cuckover instead of a hatchback. Swift Sport exists and is a MHEV.
>>
>>27632942
OP might already own a warm hatch. That was the case for me when I was planning to buy a Vitara.
>>
>mfw no diesel Vitara
Not worth it.
>>
>>27632942
I am pretty sure that the swift sport is discontinued.
>>
>>27632446
>Are mild hybrids a meme?
No. Depending on how properly mild hybrid iis designed it can save about 0.5-1.0liter of gasoline per 100km. But you mainly get this fuel save mainly at areas with lots of stop&go situations.
>Are repairs more expensive for those?
Depends on where you live, if you live in europe then not. If you live America then getting parts might be difficult to get if something breaks. Mild hybrid is most often a starter-generator that takes the place/displaces the traditional alternator. Its just an alternator with multiple more features than traditional alternator. the hybrid drive battery in case of Suzuki cars has been 12volt 10A so very small size, not sure about the 2024 models.
>>
>>27632446
You pay ~$4,000 more only to start saving that money in gas over a period of 5+ years, when right around that time you need to buy a new battery for $3-5k...

You actually lose money with them short and long term.
>>
Thanks for all the replies. Any other good options in this price category? I'd check out local vendors and see if they got them.

>>27632901
Cant get it for 25k with all that stuff in my country. Did see some barely used ones with just like 1k km for 22k though.
>>
>>27633510
Skoda Octavia
>>
>>27633437
MILD hybrids anon. Not FULL hybrids.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.