[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Average Jeep Owner.jpg (105 KB, 437x480)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>whole brand built on off-roading and being rugged
>only 10% of customers take vehicles off mall pavement
>always has the worst reliability short of super cars
That is their secret?
>>
>mistaking low maintenance for capability
anyway, the secret is they look distinctive and are fun in the summer
>>
>>27631847
Free advertising from scrubs like you
>>
File: 1708975075561129.png (24 KB, 609x152)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
jeep lyfe 4 lyfe homie
>>
I saw a white jeep gladiator with six wheels on 22s that were painted white with pink inserts today. That person gets the reputation jeep people have and embraces it to the maximum.
>>
>>27631847
>always has the worst reliability short of super cars
Is a direct function of
>only 10% of customers take vehicles off mall pavement
The stereotypical Jeep buyer is a moron who buys their barbie car and then doesn't keep up with routine maintenance like it's baby's first camry, then is shocked when stuff starts falling apart.
>>
File: JDpowerstudy2023-JUN.jpg (729 KB, 1950x2467)
729 KB
729 KB JPG
>>27631847
>>always has the worst reliability short of super c-ACK
>>
>>27631847
>whole brand built on making good posts
>only 1% of his posts are good
>still allowed to keep posting
What is your secret?
>>
>stacy never changes oil and jeep blows up
>its fine because now it lost its value and can be engine swapped and turned into a real vehicle
>some incel is mad about this
>>
>>27632389
The fuck is "initial quality"?
>>
>>27631847

>>only 10%

That is very generous. It would be closer to 1%
>>
>>27632372
This. Wranglers that get routine maintenance are fine. They're gutless rattlecans with terrible driving dynamics, but they don't literally fall apart at 50k miles like a lot of modern cars. I don't even fucking like Wranglers, but I'm getting a tired of the memery. They hold up better with regular maintenance than virtually any vehicle Ford or GM currently produces. Worst I've seen on a JL by 100k miles is electrical faults which is par for the course industry wide.

Anecdotally, my wife's JLU is heavily modified at 98k miles and is perfectly fine. We're getting it Ultra4 tech ready. The thing has ran trails in 38 states and it has not been gently wheeled. It's bashed off trees and absolutely mangled rock rails and bumpers against boulders. It has a UD44 up front because we broke the OEM axles wheeling it too hard. No serious issues that keep it from being able to drive on the highway. The only failure we've had that didn't come from off roading it too hard was the roll bar speakers blowing out.
>>
>>27635008
People rating reliability based on whether their phone successfully connects to the car's botnet every morning.
>>
>>27632389
https://www.consumerreports.org/cars-driving/which-car-brands-make-the-best-vehicles-a6159221985/
>>
>>27631847
"offroading" has to be one of the gayest and lowest IQ activities to have ever existed.
>>
>>27632389
In no fucking world is a Volkswagen more reliable than a Toyota.
>>
>>27635332
Said the faggot who will never see the majesty of nature and then run it over.
>>
>>27635385
Bicycles are the gayest form of transportation. Go back to your containment board, faggot.
>>
>>27635403
>t. 300lb slob
>>
>>27635449
Quit projecting your gay fantasies onto healthy people.
>>
>>27635008
Exactly what it sounds like. Someone sits in the car and says "wow this feels quality" then JD powers gives whoever paid them an award for it.

In reality I think its something like within the first 90 days are there any defects or faults with the machine the buyer has to bring to the dealership to repair or correct. Basically the better the score the better the QC upon leaving the factory HOWEVER like I alluded to earlier, its really just a pay to win award with JD powers or whoever "reviews" these vehicles. Its all a gay little scam they play to pay money to review houses for various bullshit awards and consumers hear it wins shit for "best ambient vibes" award and doofuses don't think about it other than "wow it won 23 awards, it must be good!"
>>
>>27631861
that's the thing, they're high maintenance and low capability
>>
>>27635008
it is a highly technical rating schema based upon how heavily paid survey takers are for their statements
>>
>>27631847
They're pretty
>>
File: Untitled.png (713 KB, 600x600)
713 KB
713 KB PNG
>>27631847
Who the fuck would try to tackle a mud trail on road tires insted of Mud Terrain or even All Terrain tires?
My guess is this started as a trip down a dirt road, and wasn't actually supposed to be an "off-road" adventure.
>>
>>27635664
>Who the fuck would try to tackle a mud trail on road tires insted of Mud Terrain or even All Terrain tires?
Literally everyone who's ever bought a 4x4 vehicle? To daily drive something like a jeep you end up hating life getting anything but regular all-weather DOT tires. If you go up to (even DOT approved) mud tires it makes driving it kinda awful on the street, and they're soft compound and wear out much faster. Most people don't' spend $2000 on actual off-road tires for that one time they go down a jeep trail and get stuck in mud like that.
>>
>>27635759
That's only if you cheap out. Nitto Trail Grapplers and Toyo Open Countries have good road manners. They're decently quiet and aren't so aggressive that they cause the vehicle to shake. Dick Cepek's and Cooper Discoverers are fine, too. Even Yokohoma Geolandars are okay.
>>
which is the SUV/m for the man who hates the army, hates soldiers, hates war veterans, hates the air force, hates the navy and wants an anti-military SUV in everything
>>
>>27635856
Lol the nittos are at least 3 bills a piece.
>>
>>27635856
Cool, now compare those all-weather road tires for comfort and noise and everything you suggested. They're an entire fuckin world apart in terms of usability for what that jeep will be doing 99% of the time. I've owned and ridden in jeeps and trucks that had both, and its kinda shit having mud tires for that once or twice a year you ever go mudding. And again, pretty much nobody is going to drop $2-4000+ on wheels and tires to have actual off road capability, most jeeps, lifted trucks, you name it are for peacocking only, not actually getting muddy.

That is proven by the retards that daily drive them: look at OPs pic. EIGHT extra lights she's probably never turned on, A-pillar covers for no reason other than the parts shop sold them to her, Better bumper because she's a woman and will be running into shit, and a custom peach paint job (or wrap) and decal all for her to get stuck in some deep mud and stand on the fiberglass roof. Its all for looks, always has been. Real off roaders don't do style shit because they know rock crawling, mudding, and trail running destroys your truck and they're not going to spend that kind of money multiple times to make it look nice again.
>>
Big issue is jeep is a lifestyle brand that people buy them not for practical purposes. They would do better with a Carroll or Accord.
They buy a jeep because they are showing off to other closeted gay men or a women who are part of the boys.

The point is people don't buy jeeps for anything other than the jeep scene. They don't care about reliability.
>>
File: jeep.jpg (552 KB, 1079x672)
552 KB
552 KB JPG
>>27631847
What generation did the Wrangler turn to shit?
>inb4 always has been
The old ones with the 4.0 and a 5 speed are pretty based.
>>
>>27636581
2007 when the JK was born.
>>
>>27631847
The jeep isn't even dirty on the sides. This dumb cunt slowly drove into the mud hole until it stuck and then climbed out the window.
Clean jeep, clean (fuckable)feet, this whole thing is fake as fuck.
>>
>>27636581
it didn't, it's one of the last based vehicles in the market
>>
>>27637150
Now post your dirty offroad vehicle
>>
let me guess woman and road tires
>looks at tires
yeah
>>
>>27632304
It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.
>>
File: 20180825_130530.jpg (3.4 MB, 5312x2988)
3.4 MB
3.4 MB JPG
>>27637306
We don't have mud pits here.
>>
>>27635879
Stop being poor.
>>27635942
I can directly compare them. I have Toyos on the Jeep I drove in to work today. My 2500 has Cooper Discoverers. My First Gen Cummins runs Geolandars. My Challenger has Michelin Pilot MXM4s.

The Jeep was running stock BFGs when i got it, has had Dick Cepeks and Nittos, too. The First Gen had HMMWV takeoffs for a long time. The 2500 had street tires on it when we got it new.

The Jeep rides badly enough that big off road tires don't make much difference. The 2500 has marginally worse road noise with zero feedback difference. The Geolandars on the First Gen are a massive step up from the takeoffs and actually ride about the same as street tires, but I can't speak to noise as the truck itself is loud as fuck.

The difference is fucking miniscule if you buy quality. Stop buying Generals or shitty chinese knockoff bullshit.
>>
>>27631847
it's like every badass offroad car has shit reliability. land rover, hummer, jeep, etc. all have horrible reliability reputation, yet people seem to really be into them.
>>
>>27636313
I bought one because:
>they're the only manual 4x4 left in america with sfa
>aisen (a huge Japanese conglomerate) makes the tranny and tcase
>dana makes the axles
>it has a v6 that's been out for 10+ years, hopefully they can't fuck that up
>the v6 has been documented multiple times to go 600k+
>the interior is retard simple
>roll up windows
>it's easy to work on vs other vehicles
>mods galore
>future parts support due to popularity
>It comes with: a fuel tank, radiator, and tcase skid from the factory. No one else does to my knowledge(plastic doesn't count)
>I can directly bolt on high trim parts
>more narrow than it's competition
>still has more rear space
>300$ in suspension mods gets you 35s
>prior to 2022, you could get the base model for like 28-32k
>articulation out of the gate is unmatched due to longer links
>components are actually beefy on the jls
>multiple yt videos of people driving them across the planet to remote places with no issues
Jeep gets flack (deserved) but it blows my mind that Americans didn't jump on the wrangler/gladiator train 2018-2022. At that time, there were like 10k less than toyotas equivalent and better in every category. I wouldn't buy the model refresh.
>>
>>27637835
>dodge minivan V6
Everyone loves to leave that part out when talking about that V6. Almost like nobody walking this earth wants to brag they share a motor with the least reputable minivan.
>>
>>27637848
>nissan frontier motor was in the quest
>tacoma was in the sienna
>chevy couldn't figure out how to make a family van
>Ford has the disaster of an ecobosst
>the dakota was cool
>full size trucks suck doing anything above a 3/10 in difficulty.
>wahhh I don't want an engine made in the millions so I can't find parts in 15 years
What a stupid argument
>>
File: jeep beach party.jpg (1.15 MB, 2850x950)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>it's a Jeep thing
>I dont understand
>>
>>27635340
>BMW engine
>Boxer in the other shitbox
>3cyl stressed AWD stick shift meme machine
>4cyl turbo in new taco's

And your surprised?
>>
File: woods.jpg (1.33 MB, 2419x1144)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
>>27637306
Once again proving that pickup trucks are king. Not the best at anything, but pretty damn good at everything (except tight parking garages).
>>
This whole youtube fags of Jeeps that are so surface level and mind numbing to listen to. Its no wonder the Jeep brand can rope these dumb fucks in. Its such a try hard vehicle for your average forest service road. Its the equivalent of getting the most out of an on ramp to the highway with a sport car at that one moment.
https://www.youtube.com/@LiteBrite/videos
>>
>>27631847
The average coomsumer dosent understand how their cars work
>>
>>27637848
the pentastar v6 is pretty proven and reliable at this point. who tf cares if its in a minivan? i dont get this
>>
File: PXL_20240507_184243960~2.jpg (1.26 MB, 3556x2679)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
31 years old and still kicking. Original engine and transmission. Can't speak for nu-jeeps but the pentastar V6 is probably one of the least gay modern engines out there.
>>
Would lowering a wrangler piss off the faux-offroad crowd sufficiently? Or would I need some anti-duck stickers as well?
>>
>>27638738
>Would lowering a wrangler piss off the faux-offroad crowd sufficiently?
They're a bunch of dummies that only do it for show. They don't care if your jeep is lifted or lowered. Its like after FnF movies started, kids were doing the same thing to their shitboxes of installing mods that don't do anything and they can't use them. Its just consumerism and peacocking, nobody will get upset about lowering a jeep.
>>
>>27636581
>The old ones with the 4.0 and a 5 speed are pretty based.
My YJ with the 4.2L and Aisin 5-speed should also be on that list. And maybe even more "based" because it's carbureted and not fuel injected.

For the first two or three model years of the Wrangler, which was launched right after they were bought by Chrysler, Jeep reused the same old AMC 4.2L inline 6 that AMC had used in Jeep CJs and other cars (Gremlins, Eagles, etc.) for years, but with more new exhaust plumbing to help keep emissions down.

Then for 1990 and later, they used that same 4.2L block but with a different crank, pistons, and head (which lowered the displacement to 4.0L), added fuel injection, and put it in Jeeps for the next fifteen years or so.
>>
>>27632389
I have 2 problems with this chart.
1. How the fuck does Dodge have fewer problems than Jeep when they're the SAME FUCKING BRAND
2. Why is Land Rover not lower on the list??
>>
desu I loved my patriots and driving the little wish com shitboxes through blizzards up to the hood sold me on them

[spoiler]Until the electrical problems started.[/spoiler]
>>
>>27637746
That's a regular 2wd road my guy
>>
HELL YEAH BROTHER
>>
>>27639265
based
>>
>>27639251
That's a beach, go get your eyes checked. Sand can go from perfectly navigable by anything to a death trap for even custom sand rigs.
>>
>>27639813
>rig
>2wd car in the pic
Back to the mall with you, lsrper
>>
>>27635465
The public at large has a moronic attitude about modern cars. I can hardly blame review companies for minimum effort surveys.

Random gen-Xers will write online comments like
>Well I bought a new Dodge ShitUV. Two years and almost 7000 miles in and no problems so far!
These fuckers weren't buying cars in the 70s and 80s when cars would shit the bed in the first 10,000 miles. No one in the last 20 years should be surprised that the core systems of a modern car are good for at least 50,000 miles (Stellantis brands being the exception)

Or you'll hear
>I bought one of those so-called reliable Japanese cars...but the sunroof stopped working after a minor fender bender
>So I traded it in for a a much nicer car [names car with a class action lawsuit for transmission failure at 40,000 miles].
>>
>>27640430
oh I know it. There was a study or whatever done for initial quality/reliability for stuff like motorcycles and RVs. Per 1000 bikes if a company had 400 reported issues that sounds horrible. Almost half their bikes have defects? Yeah, turns out they were hardley davidson's where some boomer just dropped $60k on a mobile recliner and a bracket was loose, so they took it to the dealership to get tightened. That counts as a "quality problem" in the first 10,000 miles. A loose bolt is the equivalent to exploded transmission in these "initial quality" numbers.

Just like you pointed out; if for whatever reason the sunroof needs tweaking by a tech, thats the same as an actual catastrophic failure.
>>
>>27637835
>JLtrash
Too bad the JK was the last time they actually looked decent. Shit, I’d go back to a TJ before I sat my ass in one of those ugly cunts.
>>
Moving goalposts.
I posted my dirty offroad vehicle, it just happens to be on a hardpacked beach in that photo.

Low energy troll, you don't get a (You)
>>
>>27640500
>my arguments are bad
>watch me reach for straws
The wrangler and grenedier seem to be the only new options left that aren't turbo-soi'd. Hybrid land cruiser and 4runner are disgusting and geniually going to be a problem for right to repair.
>>
>>27640693
The Wrangler and Gladishart is a soi option, bud. If I wanted a Jeep for a fun little daily driver, a manual 2dr soft top JK is as new as I’d go. The JL is uuuuuuuuuugly.
>>
i've never met or known or seen a normal person who has ever owned a stellantis-brand product
never
not once
they aren't just abnormal, they're always criminally insane and often actual criminals, the worst drivers in existence - people who exist because the laws of the jewish cabal prevent you and I from disposing of them in an appropriate manner, as part of a full-spectrum program to destroy civilization

owning a stellantis product is like having your entire body covered in prison tattoos
it is a planet-sized red flag helpfully warning normal people to avoid you at all costs
>>
>>27635465
>Someone sits in the car and says "wow this feels quality"
No, the new phrase is "this feel luxury"
>>
>>27640370
>incapable of reading
Why is it trendy to be stupid these days?
>>
What a fun thread
>>
File: d2f.png (290 KB, 402x404)
290 KB
290 KB PNG
>>27631847
>tfw want a jeep but don't want to be seen as a "jeep person"
Wat do?
>>
File: IMG_7199.jpg (766 KB, 1280x966)
766 KB
766 KB JPG
>>27641063
You can buy your Jeep of choice in the most basic manual OEM functional setup and take care of it. No angy grille, no ugly rims or mudder tires, just enjoy a perfectly decent little vehicle, put the top down and enjoy your tunes. The attitude of “I like it as-is and it’s just a good little run-around funbox” is not what “Jeep people” do.

Pic related. I had to order an OEM grille from the US and source new lights and side rails and stuff and throw all the aftermarket shit in the trash, but it’s better like this.
>>
File: 20220901_061629680_iOS.jpg (2.64 MB, 3264x2448)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB JPG
>>27641144
Or you can get a Hipster alternative like a Jimny or Iltis or Lada Niva or AMC Eagle or something. But honestly, those are secondary vehicles. You can daily them, but older cars require more maintenance, and you best have a good line on parts locally or a primary vehicle if something goes wrong.
>>
>>27641063
>obx
Comfy
>>
File: IMG_3476.jpg (48 KB, 511x265)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>27641063
what’s wrong with jeepers
>>
>>27635863
Hyundai Venue
>>
>>27641192
Everything. They'll even clog a thread with the same pictures we've been seeing for 2 years now to act like they aren't mall crawlers.

If you own a Jeep with the 4.0 straight six, nothing I said applies to you, you can be an actual mall crawler and I'll have more respect for you than a modern jeep owner who actually off-roads. Unironically. That is one based fucking vehicle, to the point that even I, a jeep hater, has to adore it.
>>
>>27641529
upvote
>>
File: 1715145887522919.jpg (3.31 MB, 4032x3024)
3.31 MB
3.31 MB JPG
>>27641529
Thank you kind sir. Indeed it is a based vehicle. One that is just effortlessly cool. The more I drive it the more I appreciate it.
>>
File: liplick.gif (1.24 MB, 498x278)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB GIF
>>27632389
This is very likely bait, but I'll fully bite into it. Let's judge this by ignoring dodge (KEK) at the top and see what else is suspect here:
>alfa in the top 3
>alfa earmarked as a 'premium' brand
>Buick scoring top 5 while the exact same cars, Opel/vauxhall, score low in europe
>MINI higher than BMW
>BMW above average
>Toyota below average
>Land rover higher than Audi
>>
>>27635331
>Road-test score
>owner satisfaction
hahahah jesus fucking christ someone please post an actual somewhat factual list
>>
File: 1700159527006595.png (75 KB, 376x365)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
>>27642365
Copium overdose
>>
>>27631861
Winter too!
I like to dick around in fresh snow with mine.

>>27633197
More like Stacy turned in her lease early because she didnt like the rough ride and road noise
>>
>>27632389
Stellantischuds can't stop winning
>>
>>27641745
Yucky. The other guys xj in org is much nicer
>>
>>27642647
that guy is weird, he went from shitting on XJs and jeeps with a passion to loving them after he got one for free from his parents, funny how that kinda stuff works out
he used to argue the xterra was better than the jeep in every way, it was always funny to watch but look where we are now
>>
>>27642672
He does move goal post a lot. It's ibv just for attention. That's why he samefags so much
>>
>>27641188
Great beer, I wish it didn't give me the shits
>>
>>27639162
Dodges and Jeeps are made by different factories. The LX chassis cars and minivans were made in Canada. The JS platform cars/crossovers and the V6 and V8 engines for the LXes, were made in Mexico. The Tremec TR6060 used in the Challenger is also of Mexican origin.

Jeeps and their drivetrains are made almost entirely in the US with a few exceptions like the Renegade (Italy) and the 3.6 engine in the Wrangler Sport (Mexico) Oddly this is why they are kind of shit. The Trenton, Michigan engine plant in particular has a poor reputation while the Mexican engines are notably more reliable.
This was also seen with the Dart that had it's production move from Michigan to Mexico and actually improved in quality over the first batch of cars.
>>
>>27643127
Truuu!
Also, that sucks man. Good reason to avoid anything honestly. Nobody wants to shit themselves at the beach lol
>>
Bwomp
>>
>>27631847
>>whole brand built on off-roading and being rugged
>>only 10% of customers take vehicles off mall pavement
>>always has the worst reliability short of super cars
this applies equally to Land Rover.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.