[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Love.jpg (509 KB, 1000x1481)
509 KB
509 KB JPG
Love edition

Previous: >>100090335

READ THE WIKI! & help by contributing:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Home_server

>NAS Case Guide. Feel free to add to it:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Home_server/Case_guide

/hsg/ is about learning and expanding your horizons. Know all about NAS? Learn virtualization. Spun up some VMs? Learn about networking by standing up a OPNsense/PFsense box and configuring some VLANs. There's always more to learn and chances to grow. Think you’re god-tier already? Setup OpenStack and report back.

>What software should I run?
Install Gentoo. Or whatever flavor of *nix is best for the job or most comfy for you. Jellyfin/Emby/Plex to replace Netflix, Nextcloud to replace Googlel, Ampache/Navidrome to replace Spotify, the list goes on. Look at the awesome self-hosted list and ask.

>Why should I have a home server?
/hsg/ is about learning and expanding your horizons. De-botnet your life. Learn something new. Serving applications to yourself, your family, and your frens feels good. Put your tech skills to good use for yourself and those close to you. Store their data with proper availability redundancy and backups and serve it back to them with a /comfy/ easy to use interface.

>Links & resources
Cool stuff to host: https://gitlab.com/awesome-selfhosted/awesome-selfhosted
RouterOS's: https://wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Home_server#Custom
https://reddit.com/r/datahoarder
https://www.labgopher.com
https://www.reddit.com/r/homelab/wiki/index
https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Features
List of ARM-based SBCs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PGaVu0sPBEy5GgLM8N-CvHB2FESdlfBOdQKqLziJLhQ
Low-power x86 systems: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LHvT2fRp7I6Hf18LcSzsNnjp10VI-odvwZpQZKv_NCI
Cheap disks: https://shucks.top/ & https://diskprices.com/

Remember:
RAID protects you from DOWNTIME
BACKUPS protect you from DATA LOSS
>>
what are you using your home server for anon?
>>
File: unnamed.png (749 KB, 804x1024)
749 KB
749 KB PNG
>>100134072
hentai@home
>>
>>100134072
Gaming video streaming to old thinkpad using sunshine (server) and moonlight (client)
>>
>>100134072
piracy
>>
>>100134052
Thanks boss!

Commenting again from old thread:
I've got a docker instance of traefik as my reverse proxy providing SSL for a couple of my local web servers through letsencrypt. I'm interested in trying out a different reverse proxy, potentially nginx or apache but I'm undecided and open to any suggestions. Containers need not apply. Minimal to no bells and whistles; I just want one thing that fulfills it's intended purpose and fulfills it well.

Also looking to see if there were going to be any hurdles with having two reverse proxies requesting the same certs from letsencrypt. They would be the exact same certs on both reverse proxies(*.local.domain.tld and *.domain.tld) wasn't sure if that would be an issue or not prior to traefik retirement.
>>
>>100134329
Program your own reverse proxy in rust or Go.
>>
File: GJC-TCAXEA09y8Y.jpg (72 KB, 527x479)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>100134072
>virtualization host for ADDNS homelab, 'production' vms for network, sandboxing
>piracy box (soon to be retired in favor of new one, will then be used as backup repository)
>dumb small nas used for storage for virtualization host because I cannot be bothered to flash the hba to IT Mode
>network gear for segmentation/wifi
>>
>>100135018
Nice
>>
>>100134072

I've always been the kind of person to only install a browser on my phone because 'muh privacy' but firewalling on modern, mature smartphones is advanced enough that they can't surreptitiously exfiltrate data if I don't let, for instance google keyboard is imo the best keyboard but it's without a doubt absolutely glowing, so I just don't give google keyboard network access, best of both worlds. In light of that, my new recent philosophy has changed from 'only have a browser' to have a smaller threat vector to 'make it to where I don't need a browser,' unironically to have a smaller threat vector. Browsers are without a doubt the biggest spyware known to man, after all. I'm not all the way there yet but it's coming together.

So really just imagine what that would entail and that's what I'm going for. Password manager, IAM, routing and firewalling, pirate box and media server, email, NAS for file storage, DNS via unbound, etc etc.

Anything in that vein is in my interest.
>>
>>100134072
>HomeNAS
>Experimentation/learning
>Home auotmations
>Piracy
>>
>>100134072
100% automated media streaming server using the *arrs, jackett, deluge, plex + overseerr, invidious and stash.
>>
>>100135413
Which password manager are you using? I'm just about done using keepass. Would love to use something with a web interface and even better if I can use MFA through something like Duo. Also don't want to pay for it. Kind of getting more difficult lately to pirate enterprise software with most things going SaaS
>>
>>100134329
For what it's worth, Certbot – Let's Encrypt's officially recommended ACME client – supports Apache, nginx and HAProxy. Those three are the most supported.
They all have tradeoffs for features or speed. Without going more into details, use whatever unless you have specific requirements for more advanced features or the need to handle over 10,000 simultaneous requests over one another.
>>
>>100135912
That would be vaultwarden. Its the first password manager I've ever used besides ITglue at work so it's very very cool to me. I just bought a set of yubikeys as a second factor, pretty excited about that, not sure if duo is supported but I'd be surprised if it wasn't. I installed via docker but I'm intending to do manual install just because my workflow is squarely not docker based and I don't really want it to be. The docker container is really easy though, plug and play almost.
>>
>>100135912
NTA. Bitwarden can do what you need.
https://bitwarden.com/help/setup-two-step-login-duo/
>Also don't want to pay for it.
BitBetter or VaultWarden then. The prior is a DLL binary patch for the license checks, the latter is a community made attempt at re-implementing the Bitwarden server API in Rust but compatibility with mobile clients may be worse due to API differences.
>>
How does /hsg/ feel about enterprise refurbs?
https://www.newegg.com/p/1Z4-001J-00E07
>>
File: just tired.jpg (44 KB, 611x676)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
my main server is cursed, every time I think it's ready and I put it in my closet, something happens that causes me to offline it and take it back out. I've done this song and dance more times than I care to admit
>>
>>100136378
There's no such thing as a refurb, that's just a used drive. Just buy a used drive and save money.
>>
>>100136464
It says refurbished on the page.
>>
>>100136475
No shit dipshit, it's still just a drive that's been used. You going to spend extra money because Rajesh hit it with a disinfectant wipe to get the dust off?

If they're the same price go crazy, but otherwise you'd be retarded to buy the same drive for a higher price.
>>
File: 1554772210414.jpg (110 KB, 1014x1024)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>100136500
I mean 12tb is small enough that I wouldn't bother buying it new, but any old 'used' storage medium could be fucked with in any number of ways-why would newegg bother implying it was offering some sort of service with any kind of protection plan otherwise? I'm not concerned with the difference in price between 'used' and 'refurbished', I want to know if buying preowned drivers is even a reasonable idea to begin with, full stop, and why. Pricing can come after that.
>>
>>100136577
They say it's refurbed because people who don't think much would sooner buy one of those than one listed as used. They terms are functionally equivalent in this case but used has a more negative connotation to the uninformed consumer.

>> I want to know if buying preowned drivers is even a reasonable idea to begin with, full stop

Yes, I buy the fuck out of used enterprise DC SSDs. The price is right.
>>
>>100136649
>They say it's refurbed because people who don't think much would sooner buy one of those than one listed as used. They terms are functionally equivalent in this case but used has a more negative connotation to the uninformed consumer.
The truth is I was hoping the answer was more complex than that, but I knew in my heart that was the case.
>Yes, I buy the fuck out of used enterprise DC SSDs. The price is right.
Great thanks. What's a 'DC' ssd?
>>
it means data center, doesn't it
>>
>>100136675
Nah the answer is always just some form of 'because capitalism' haha

A DC SSD is one designed for a datacenter. They come with power loss protection and obscene TBW ratings. I've only had one fail and it was an 8 dollar 120gb boot drive so I didn't even bother asking for a new one lol
>>
>>100136729
Got it. I'm actually waiting on some mounting hardware to arrive in the mail before I wire a handful of the same kind of SSDs together into my first all-flash zpool, very excited to see how it functions.
Side question: do you know if you can daisy-chain mellanox NICs together and still resolve LAN/local IP for the purposes of filesharing?
Say I have a switch with 2 10g ports and a single 1g port dedicated for a line to the router. Both of the 10g ports on the switch go to two different computers, but one of the two computers has a 2 port nic-one connected to the switch, and the other to a 3rd computer. Can computer #3 share files/get internet/be assigned a lan IP by the router?
>>
>>100136940
Switch can see computer one and two (directly connected) but not computer three without you configuring the NIC as a switch, hub or bridge.
>>
>>100137009
Cool, thank you. Could you configure one of the ports to act in this fashion while leaving the other to operate in it's plug-n-play format (for a 2 port nic)?
On a slightly different note what about a direct line between 2 computers who also have lines running to the same switch? For instance, if both machines had a 10g line to their switch, but shared a 25g line between them, how does the switch see this? Would it automatically detect that the two computers can share 35g of bandwidth, or would this need to be manually addressed? specifically for something like https://www.newegg.com/p/14U-005H-000R2?Item=9SIADU0KA94542
>>
I set up some samba shared folders on a mini pc (running linux mint). I can access them from my android phone but when I try to use my desktop (also linux mint), I get this:
>Unable to mount location. Failed to retreive share list from server: No route to host
My mini-pc also shows up in the File Browser 3 times.

Also, the built in "Share Folder" thing in mint didn't get me anywhere. I added shared folders to the smb.conf
>>
What is G's stance on Proxmox? I installed it on an old computer, but idk what disks I should set as LVM, and what as directory. Ive heard some troon is fucking up zfs with shitty commits, so idk if I want to use that. I installed PVE to a 1tb nvme, I have a 250gb sata ssd, two 4tb hdds and an old 500gb hdd with data I want to keep still on it.
>>
>>100137191
No opinion on PVE itself cause I don't use it, but I will say you should install PVE on the 250GB SSD and setup the 1tb NVMe for LVM and host your VMs and maybe file shares off of that. Would be much more preudent imo.
>>
>>100137129
>Could you configure one of the ports to act in this fashion while leaving the other to operate in it's plug-n-play format (for a 2 port nic)?
no, you would have to bridge the two ports together.
>if both machines had a 10g line to their switch, but shared a 25g line between them, how does the switch see this?
it doesn't. the switch can't see anything that isn't directly connected to it. as long as you aren't creating an IP loop this should be fine.

as a general rule (at least personally), if you connect a computer to another computer directly, put that connection on a dedicated /31 network.
eg.
router - 192.168.0.254 /24
switch -
PC 1 NIC 1 - 192.168.0.1 /24
PC 2 NIC 1 - 192.168.0.2 /24
PC 1 NIC 2 - 10.255.255.254 /31
PC 2 NIC 2 - 10.255.255.255 /31

this way PC 1 and 2 can comunicate with the entire network on NIC 1, and can comunicate with eachother over 25g only with eachother and there will be no loops

if you wanna do the original idea, same deal
router - 192.168.0.254 /24
switch -
PC 1 - 192.168.0.1 /24
PC 2 NIC 1 - 192.168.0.2 /24
PC 2 NIC 2 - 10.255.255.254 /31
PC 3 - 10.255.255.255 /31
>>
>>100137353
oh, option 2 here is actually only allowing PC 3 to connect to PC 2
but if you bridged PC 2 NICs then you could put PC 3 on that 192.168.0.0/24 network
>>
>>100137353
>if you connect a computer to another computer directly, put that connection on a dedicated /31 network.
I understand the principle of what you're talking about but have no functional idea of how to do it. Is it even possible to separate the subnetworks between different ports on the same nic? These machines can each only handle a single card.
And for the original idea, that would just be a workaround to either buying a switch with more than 2 10g ports.

I currently have 2 machines-one's w10 and the other's xubuntu LTS, both connected to a switch with 10g lines - said switch has an additional 4 2.5g ports. I use the xubuntu machine for a server/nas/workstation and the w10 for backup/gaymen, but I'm in the process of planning an upgrade for the xubuntu rig and will be left with enough spare parts to set up a 3rd node that can actually act as reasonable backup storage. I have everything figured out aside from the networking situation.
So I could either buy a new switch with enough 10g ports for 3 machines, or use the current one and switch the windows connection for a 2.5G or even an aggregate of 2 ports for 5G.
>>
>>100080976
can anyone help?
I'm trying to passthru my gpu. I followed the guide to the letter. (mostly)
>>
File: 145115495299.jpg (67 KB, 490x492)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
Piratebros, what VPN do you route your torrent client through? Do they support port forwarding? Are they sketchy? Options seem bad since Mullvad stopped supporting port forwarding
>>
>>100137643
>I understand the principle of what you're talking about but have no functional idea of how to do it.
it's the easiest thing in the world
>linux
find each ports name, eg eth0 and eth1 (try "ip -br a")
set eth0 to 192.168.0.1 /24 (subnet mask: 255.255.255.0)
set eth1 to 10.255.255.254 /31 (subnet mask: 255.255.255.254)
>windows
open the network control panel
set port one's IPv4 address to the same as above
set port two's IPv4 address to the same as above

it's literally that simple.

as for your config, i'd keep it the same and just hook the new backup node to the server as i've shown you above (/31 network), since it only ever needs to connect to the server/nas to perform backups and doesn't really need any other connectivity.
>>
>>100137643
>Is it even possible to separate the subnetworks between different ports on the same nic?
think of a NIC like a room in a wizards tower. the wizard can open portals to anywhere he wants, and he processes all the stuff that comes through those portals.
the portals can go anywhere (eg be in any ip address range/subnet) and it doesn't matter to the wizard in his tower, since he is the one opening those portals and they all come back to him. he can even combine portals to make bigger ones to the same place (ether channel or teaming) or send stuff from one portal right out another one (bridging).

point is, a NIC can have one port or 100 ports, the ports are all uniquely addressable and can do anything they like - the job of the NIC is just to take whayever comes through that port and decide what to do with it.
gay analogy but i hope it helps
>>
>>100137984
>the wizard can open portals to anywhere he wants
normal fucking people call this the CPU
why they fuck do you think you need a second, weaker CPU just dedicated to being a router?
>>
File: 1696584602419671.jpg (37 KB, 786x800)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
Good morning sars, quick question on this guide here from a Linux noob running the latest Debian Net Install on his home server.

https://docs.openmediavault.org/en/latest/installation/on_debian.html

>The following commands must be executed as root user.
Is using sudo the same as being the root user? I made a user and added them to the list of sudoers so I could SSH and do stuff without being near my computer. I can maybe enable root over SSH for this so I can log in as root real quick but everyone seems to warn against that. I just don't want to have to be near my server to install OMV
>>
>>100138227
whats your point? theres a chip in the NIC that does all that, it's just a fucking analogy dude i'm not saying there is literally a wizard in your computer (even though there is, that's why when he disappears in a puff of smoke your PC stops working)
>>
>>100138290
>Is using sudo the same as being the root user
sort of. sudo (and similar tools such as doas) is used to run a command as another user, by default the root user. if you can sudo, you are not the root user but you have permission to run commands as the root user.
the sudoers file dictates what commands you can run and as what user with what level of authentication, eg you might want to allow a user to use apt as root for a sudo apt install/update/upgrade without a password, but you might not want them to run any other commands as root.
>I can maybe enable root over SSH for this so I can log in as root real quick but everyone seems to warn against that
enabling root over ssh is more dangerous than allowing a sudoer over ssh, because the root user has unrestricted access to everything and there is no way to limit ir, while a sudoer can be restricted. bt default most sudoers require a password to run a sudo command, so this means even if someone hijacks your ssh connection they might not necessarily have the ability to run sudo commands.

it's the differenece between giving someome a master key and giving someome only the keys they need.
>>
>>100137911
>it's the easiest thing in the world
>set eth0 to 192.168.0.1 /24 (subnet mask: 255.255.255.0)
I don't actually know the bash to do that yet though.
>open the network control panel
>set port one's IPv4 address to the same as above
I'm looking through change adapter settings but I still can't find the way to manually assign IPs. Sorry to make this difficult.
But for what it's worth I just need to figure out how to do it for the future, I only have single port 10g cards at the moment.
And I like the wizard analogy, I'm just unsure of how to manage what the NIC does yet.
>>
>>100138416
i mean why would you pay $200 for a chip that is 1% as powerful as your CPU. plus it eats a whole pcie slot and not just a SATA port!
>>
File: 1327700447548.jpg (14 KB, 320x240)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
At one point not too long ago an anon helped me determine I could use a 3.0x8 HBA with 8 sata SSDs connected to in on a 2.0x8 slot and still have enough serviceable pcie bandwidth to be able to run everything properly(8x drives R/W@ ~500MB/s (4Gb/s) = ~32Gb/s, or the same capacity the pcie 2.0x8 slot has)
By this logic, would the same be true if I used the same number and type of drives and HBA in a 3.0x4 slot? It has the same paper bandwidth as a 2.0x8 slot, but I'm not sure if HBAs are smart enough to do that like a NIC is.
Thanks /hsg/.
>>
File: 1000019366.jpg (44 KB, 600x432)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>100138807
>I don't actually know the bash to do that yet though.
dependa on your system and how it handles IP addresses, you'll have to look that up yourself. for debian it's like this:
open /etc/network/interfaces in your favourite text editor
find the line for the port you wanna change (eg, "iface eth0 auto")
change it to something like this:
iface eth0  inet static
address 192.168.0.1
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.0.254
dns-domain anons-house.lan
dns-nameservers 192.168.0.254 1.1.1.1 8.8.8.8

reload the network interfaces
>I'm looking through change adapter settings but I still can't find the way to manually assign IPs
picrel, ignore the numbers - click on IPv4 properties
>And I like the wizard analogy, I'm just unsure of how to manage what the NIC does yet.
by writing your own driver. the "wizard" aka NIC controller is told what to do by it's driver software, and you set the options for that like i showed above. more complicated stuff like teaming or bridging generally speaking isn't possible on windows (but windows server has limited support) and on linux again it depends on distro and what software you wanna use for it. i use proxmox so it's all done via a GUI.
>>
File: 1000019367.jpg (36 KB, 739x415)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>100138831
what the fuck are you talking about
the NIC on your moyherbkard is controlled by it's own discreet controller attached to the chipset, your CPU doesn't control it.
the reason for an AIC is to have a more powerful "wizard", eg to get 10g, 100g, 700g or multiple ports, etc

dude go look at NVIDIA (formerlly mellanox, RIP)'s latest and greatest NICs. they have controllers that are straight up more powerful that your everage desktop CPU, encrypting/decrypting and pushing 800Gb of data a second. when your NIC is bigger than the average GPU and has it's own management interface, you know it's serious shit
>>
File: 1000019368.jpg (37 KB, 774x396)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>100138957
>bigger than the average GPU
actually funny I say that, because bluefield 4 has a GPU built in to do all the line analytics
when data is moving this fast you don't wanna wait for the slow as fuck CPU interconnect and halt all other operations just to manage the network traffic, so instead just add a dedicated GPU to the NIC to handle all that
>>
File: 1676411078713455.png (302 KB, 519x292)
302 KB
302 KB PNG
>>100138957
>>100138994
And here I was getting cold feet about connectx4 25g cards.
>>
>>100139007
dude, compared to the cost of those fuckers, 25g seems practically free
when datacenters spend more on one NIC than i've spent on my entire network ever (hell one server propbably costs as much as my appartment) you know just how much money is being turned over by big data and social media companies
>>
>>100137789
this bong doesnt even work the smoke doesnt go through the water
>>
>>100138890
i can't see why it wouldn't work
also you sure all your drives will often get maxxed out at the same time?
>>
>>100139034
the pipe does though, which means it's still cooled down more than a straight pipe. you could add fins to the pipe and make it out of copper for even better cooling
>>
>>100139063
yeah i guess so but its gotta be less efficient

not only that, i want the experience of pulling the smoke THROUGH the toilet bowl water like a real bong. all thats displayed there is a pipe with water cooling. Its probably a plastic pipe too not even that good at exchanging heat.
>>
>>100139107
drill a hole through the handle of a plunger, seal it over the bowl, and succ
>>
>>100139045
>i can't see why it wouldn't work
yippee.
>also you sure all your drives will often get maxxed out at the same time?
They're going in a zpool that's gonna be running plex, samba, deluge, and everything else I can think of over the next several years. It will have nvme drives over lan it can talk to, and will eventually have another flash pool in a 3rd node for legitimate high-speed backup (I only have a 6 hdd raidz2 pool so far and it's 1/3 full and can only run at around ~600MB/s I/O).
I'm trying to build out enough speed and storage and redundancy to last me through 2 decades and all the weeb shit I can stand while being able to move things around/play in labs all I want.
>>
>>100139131
yeah i understand how i could do it but im saying this misses the whole point of why itd be funny and cool. weedsmokers are the dumbest retards man i swear. wheres my visine huhuhuh
>>
File: 1654690185547.jpg (37 KB, 750x458)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>100139029
>~$2500 per card
>>
>>100137789
I'm brand new to the wonderful world of fully automated containerized piracy, literally just yesterday got gluetun up and running with PIA, took for fucking ever to figure out how to get it to work correctly with wireguard because they're retarded and won't just let you generate keys so you've gotta set up a script that manually validates and generates the configuration. Haven't even tried to get port forwarding set up yet, I've seen enough info out there to know it's possible, but you've gotta hack together scripts to get the ports and update your torrent client's port settings manually after it starts. It's enough that it's got me wondering if it was even worth getting or if I should refund and get something else, but it was so cheap and it's working now so I dunno.
>>
is ecc ram worth it?
>>
>>100139231
no idea, but I bought 384GB of it anyway
>>
can you even prove that ECC ram has protected you from bit-corruptions?

can anyone with ECC ram pull up some stats of how many actual errors it has corrected in its life-time or something?
>>
>>100136043
Thank you, I think I will go with HAProxy.
>>
>>100138491
I see, thank you for the explanation. I am reading more into my issue and they really do want me to do this as the root user so I enabled root over SSH for my install. It should be okay, right? I'm not opening any ports on my router.

Thank you!
>>
>>100139451
It's provable, ECC reports back to the host OS when an error occurs but this information isn't kept unless you specifically set something up to catch it. ECC isn't about 'how many errors it corrects' it's more about peace of mind that if something did happen, your data would be fine.

https://serverfault.com/questions/643542/how-do-i-get-notified-of-ecc-errors-in-linux

>>100139231
If you care about your data, absolutely. I do not at the moment care about any data I'm storing so none of my servers are running ECC.

https://serverfault.com/questions/643542/how-do-i-get-notified-of-ecc-errors-in-linux
>>
>>100139324
I kneel
What do you use it for?
>>
>>100139894
Assuming you trust all of the networks involved, sure. If you don't like if this is a VPS you should setup only key based SSH access with a password as is standard. If it's just over your own LAN, then you'll most likely be fine, just turn it back off after the install because it really is bad practice. I only ever ssh in as my own administrative user then sudo my way into root privileges.

Just keep in the forefront of your mind that convenience is diametrically opposed to security. You can encase an entire server in concrete, not give it a network connection, monitor or keyboard and you will have an incredibly secure server but you will have an incredibly convenient server. Conversely, you can give root a bad password, port forward SSH directly to WAN with root login enabled, and this will give you an incredibly convenient system to manage but obviously it will be incredibly insecure. You just need to find the balance that works for you, best to follow best practices until you can fill that in yourself.
>>
How do you trust used drives? Used drives in my country is cheap as dirt (10 USD ish) and said they're 100/100 on HDD Sentinel. That can't be right lol.
>>
File: s7Zefrx.jpg (46 KB, 400x568)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>100140862
In hdsentinel beneath the 100/100 performance stuff, there are 'power on hours' and 'start stop' count which are more relevant than health.
Personally assuming drive shows up as 100/100 and physically it's alright (no sus noises of any kind), i never got a drive with more than ~100 days of usage which is roughly 2400 hours which is roughly 8 hours a day usage for a year, assuming again it was on a workstation of some sort. and never had issues.

The only time I got for example a 4TB drive with 15k hours was for a mirrored setup. I would never trust a singular drive like that with sensitive data.
Maybe personals preference, but so far my paranoia paid off.

Also I'm having a hard time not to laugh at bigger drives 8 or 12TB with 20k+ hours and ridiculous start/stop counts listed at like 90% original msrp. They should really chill with that shit.
>>
>>100141066

ah got it, i'll ask the seller about the power on hours and start stop count if i'm going to buy those kind of drives. Also asking again, what's a reasonable start stop count number for your case of 2400 power on hours?
>>
What the fuck is up with writes on this drive? have like 25 of them, X477_SMEGX04TA07. Smart/diskinfo doesn't show SMR. Running badblocks
>>
>>100141101
>what's a reasonable start stop count number for your case of 2400 power on hours?
Really depends
Acceptable would be definitely less than power on hours
A good number would be ~hundreds of times, usually from a desktop pc
An ideal number would be ~tens of times, usually from a workstation/server that ran quasi-continuously
If it's a laptop drive you may see 10k or 20k because they got firmware settings that makes them spin down a lot to save power but not that great a drive's long term fitness.

This is kind of a binary thing, either sus or not, just make sure it's not retardedly high and it's fine. Make sure it corelates with what the guy said he used it for. But many people overlook this.

For example I wouldn't buy a 3.5" drive with 2400 hours and a 12k start/stop count, something is wrong there, like what did the guy do? Had it in a 24/7 chinkshit USB enclosure with dodgy power management settings?
>>
>>100136458
perhaps she doesn't want to stay in the closet
>>
>>100141066
>Also I'm having a hard time not to laugh at bigger drives 8 or 12TB with 20k+ hours and ridiculous start/stop counts listed at like 90% original msrp. They should really chill with that shit.
Let me guess, they are WD red or.some other consumer drive?
You can get large enterprise HDDs with 40k hours with minimal start-stop count for a fraction of what they originally cost.
>>
>>100134072
>trying out distros and general linux education
>email
>cloud storage
>basic LAMP website stuff
Had a giant fuckup and lost everything except a backup from last November so i'm starting over. Kind of demoralized but getting better.
>>
>>100134072
NAS, firewall, Matrix server.
Been meaning to add a media server for a while, but, ehhh...
>>
>>100138890
>but I'm not sure if HBAs are smart enough to do that like a NIC is
What do you mean? If the HBA and the motherboard both support PCIe 3.0 and it is set to run at 3.0 speeds in the firmware, then it will run at 3.0 speeds.
>>
I'm losing my shit trying to find a low-power platform that supports ECC in Australia. Feels like my choice is to buy off the shelf consumer crap, try my luck with used mobos from Chinese eBay, or order something from the US and get raped by GST/shipping fees/exchange rate (twice if I have to make a warranty claim).

Should I just buy one of these things?
>https://www.hpe.com/au/en/product-catalog/compute/proliant-servers/pip.specifications.proliant-microserver.1014673551.html
It's expensive and the specs are kind of crap, but there's local support from HP if anything goes wrong with it, and what you see is what you get (in that half the storage connectors aren't running off SATA multiplexers or some bullshit).
>>
>>100144416
>I'm losing my shit trying to find a low-power platform that supports ECC in Australia

how about this

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/266778262165
>>
File: help.jpg (46 KB, 741x378)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>100134049
wtf are all these options? why does it have an option to simulate an ssd but none for M.2 nvme? this piece of shit program is in my way but theres nothing else

I backed up windows to qcow then made a thin LVM and made a new win 10 VM on it. then I imported the disk from the NFS and mounted it but now i get these ungoogleable hieroglyphs
i JUST need to know what "SSD Emulation" does and which is the fastest controler for windows and i can hit add after googling for 10 hours
>>
>>100138957
>encrypting/decrypting and pushing 800Gb of data a second
Why are you comparing an ASIC to a CPU? CPU's do no SerDes functions it's like comparing a Truck to a warehouse and complaining the truck doesn't have street access. It's a completely nonsensical point.

CPU's can easily push 400Gb of traffic through the NIC though how do you think it gets there in the first place? VPP implementations will now do ~20-30Gb per core so you take an average desktop CPU with 8 cores or server CPU's with 20+ cores and you can build a system that will push terabits per second through it.

This doesn't remotely compare to dedicated switchchips but again not even close to the same thing.
>>
>>100140737
one server is based on a xeon and I have it running a zfs pool with 256GB of ddr4 ecc available to it. the other server is running a i7 13700T and has 128GB of ddr5 ecc, also running a zfs pool
>>
>>100134049
I'm asking here because /sqt/ redirected me here. I want to start a website but I have some questions before I start paying for anything. I want to use this as a way to keep in touch with friends and family that I don't get to talk to see often because I live in one of the shit states. The first thing I want to do is expose my media server so I can have my family connect to video.example.com for jellyfin and requests.example.com for jellyseerr. Ideally there would also be a dashboard/homepage app available as well, but I haven't really had time to test each of them out and see which works so recs would be helpful.

My questions are as follows:
-After buying the domain, I connect my server's IP to the registrar in their interface. Is this the public IP for my network as given by my isp? Is there any way I can expose this server (which I do not use for essential data) without exposing the rest of the devices (including my desktop that has sensitive data) on my network?
-I assume I will want a reverse proxy such as traefik or nginx as well. If I remember correctly, this is so that I can only expose 83/443 and have the reverse proxy handle requests for 8096 for jellyfin or 9696 for prowlarr. I want the digital infrastructure of the site to be scalable since I want to add a few features later on, but I don't want to go overboard and start a networking course. I'm doing this as a weekend project, so which software fits that use case?
-I have ssh as root turned off, but I remember someone saying something about eliminating passwords as login altogether and logging in with keys. Is this a step I need to take? Would adding fail2ban be redundant on top of this, or can it be hooked into my password managed services such as prowlarr?

Also anything else I may not have thought of/be aware of. I am not a programmer by trade so I am doing all of this by reading manuals and shit, which is not the most comprehensive curriculum.
>>
Can someone help an autistic understand power efficiency?
>>
>>100145413
>Is this the public IP for my network as given by my isp?
Yes.
>Is there any way I can expose this server (which I do not use for essential data) without exposing the rest of the devices
Yes, it's called NAT. Your router / reverse proxy is what forwards your local server IP+port to your public interface and port.
>Also anything else I may not have thought of/be aware of
Your streaming speeds are gonna be hard limited by your upload speed.
>>
I've just wasted a few hours failing to get SMB Multichannel working, thats not the issue though.
The real problem is how im even forced to have to go through loopholes like this just because someone out there has decided that consumer networking should be stuck at 100MB/s for 15+ years even through the age of everyone having multi GB/s SSDs and RAID arrays.
How absurd is it that my only upgrade is spending hundreds of dollars to switch from gigabit which despite being the standard still is so worthless I have multiple NICs just collecting dust.
The 2.5G some high end motherboards recently started offering is like a spit in the face, oh yeah here have something barely better when 10G existed for like 2 decades if you pay hundreds for the mobo sucker.

Why is network tech stuck and how do we fix it?
>>
>>100144824
Performance is going to be dictated by the speed of the actual storage device and the virtulization overhead.
None of those settings is going to affect performance in the way you think it does, SSD emulation has nothing to do with performance but instead tells the host the media type which *may* help performance if the actual disk is an SSD but isn't going to be consequential
>>
>>100145897
>The 2.5G some high end motherboards recently started offering is like a spit in the face, oh yeah here have something barely better when 10G existed for like 2 decades if you pay hundreds for the mobo sucker.
You have no idea how infuriating it was it buy a $500 mobo to only have 2.5G, granted I only paid $200 since it was a late model but it's very maddening to see when it seemed like a few years ago they where coming around for 10G

The board does have TB so I don't otherwise have to give up a pcie slot for the NIC that should have been there.
>>
>>100143771
https://www.newegg.com/lsi-9300-8i-sata-sas/p/N82E16816118217?Item=9SIB8AKK5G1712
I intend to use this for 8 SSDs. Each SSD averages I/O around 500MB/s.
500MB/s = 4Gb/s
4Gb/s x 8 = 32Gb/s total bandwidth needed
If the nic has an interface of a 3.0x8 slot, that's over 63Gb/s of available bandwidth going to and from the motherboard. I have determined it would operate at the max speed of a 2.0x8 slot(32Gb/s) while still being able to run all the drives in the pool at full power.
I am attempting to determine if the same 'rules' apply for a 3.0x4 slot. I know mathematically it makes sense as that slot has approx. the same bandwidth as a 2.0x8 slot, but I'm unsure if HBAs can auto-regulate like that.
>>
I got my first debian net install server connected to my custom DNS server and finally can access the internet with it. based
>>
im on linux i just installed jellyfin and its not seeing my media (internal 3.5 inch hdd). i had this issue when i first set u p plex and i had to do something with permissions. im trying things now even following tutorials but its not working
>>
>>100147161
Hello, I am somewhat new to Linux and had this issue, too. Keep in mind the filesystem that your media hdd has. I had to reformat to ext4 to ensure I could issue the proper read-write commands. Best of luck!
>>
>>100147161
Run
>sudo chmod -R 777 /your/media/directory
This will fix any permission issue if that's actually your problem.
>>
File: Steinlein-chatnoir.jpg (1.91 MB, 1553x2193)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB JPG
Hi, I want to serve these services in my lan:

* Pi-hole
* Kiwix
* NAS over SMB with a web interface
* Docker containers, spontaneous vm spinning, maybe Kubernetes
* Navidrome
* Nifi
* VPN
* TimeMachine backups
* Mumble
* Static webpages
* Node.js apps
* Homebridge
* Gitea and some CI/CD
* Something for archiving Youtube videos for offline viewing

Now I have 2 Wyse 3040 terminals, the first one has Pi-hole, Homebridge, webpages and node.js apps installed, the second one used to do the NAS and gitea stuff before my external USB
Toshiba hard drive broke, but if was struggling hard with jenkins, so I haven't done the rest of the services I wanted.
Is Dell R730{,XD}/R720 going to be good for that? I want to play around with enterprise servers too, so I could learn how that works
>>
what is the recommended make and/or model of usb hub to go with?
im needing one that has its own power supply too
and one that up to like i dont know 6 usb-devices can connect to
>>
>>100147636
I recommend not using USB
>>
>>100147716
but if i have a lot of external hard drives that connect via usb what else can i do?
also, why do you recommend not using usb?
>>
File: 20240423_142506.jpg (616 KB, 1156x641)
616 KB
616 KB JPG
bought a cable organizer for my wife
>>
>>100147895
you're a lucky man
your wife is looking thicc
>>
File: 1684790370484213.jpg (20 KB, 400x400)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>100147748
>why not USB
Latency and reliability . Also with 6 drives even modern USB you are going to suffer throughput losses.
>what else can I do
Assuming these are hard drives and not USB thumb drives you should connect them to a power supply and sata interface
>>
>>100147895
very cool. What are you running on the supermicros? I've got one coming that's 12 bay, though a 36 bay some day would be nice. vry happy for you and your wife.
>>
>>100147961
>you should connect them to a power supply and sata interface
does this apply for external hard drives? would i need to shuck them to achieve this?
ive not really come across sata interfaces before
>>
File: 1529788493807.jpg (18 KB, 403x274)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>100148698
S H U CK
A N D
J I V E
>>
File: Capture.png (78 KB, 509x267)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>100148698
No you must gut them.
>>
>>100148778
sure, i dont feel confident to do that
>>
>>100148698
>do I need to shuck
Yes, google how to , its easy .
>ive not really come across sata interfaces before
Your server should have sata interfaces on the motherboard but you can buy PCI to sata interfaces if they don't .
If you motherboard dosnt any have sata or PCI you probably shouldn't use it as a NAS/Server
>>
>>100147551
Sure but kinda noisy compared to your old setup
>>
>>100147522
it didnt fix it
>>
>>100137789
Use deluge-vpn in docker with PIA in a wireguard setup. Deluge-vpn has options for setting up PIA through wireguard and all it requires is passing through your credentials in the env variables and changing a config file to your preferred server. I live in the US and the closest node that supports port forwarding is in Mexico. Works fine, haven't touched it in months.
>>
File: gato.png (2.36 MB, 1472x1078)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB PNG
>>100134049
Good day anons. I am getting into home servers and I am looking for a case suitable for an 8 drive or more NAS. I found what looks like an old home server. It's in a 19" rack case with 2 icybox 5 bay hotswap backplanes and 3 free front 5.25 inch bays. Inside is an i3 2120 and a few accesories like a PCIe to sata card. All the cabling and fans are in there so that saves me having to buy sata cables. No PSU. I want to keep the case put an intel N100 and spare PSU in and go to town. I never considered buying a rack case so I don't know how much this is worth. The guy asks for 45 bux. Worth the drive to pick up ?
>>
>>100149679
post a pic/info. Sounds pretty reasonable from your description so far. I've been sourcing new/used parts lately and the availability and price of things sucks.
>>
File: 1597426333134.jpg (247 KB, 1080x831)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
How does /hsg/ feel about WD Ultrastars? I know they're just rebranded HGST drives, which I find attractive, but I wasn't sure if there was anything suspect or nefarious these days with regards to WD that doesn't apply to seagate.
>>
File: front.jpg (222 KB, 1067x800)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>100149679
>>100149923
The seller left no useful description.
>>
File: inside.jpg (123 KB, 600x800)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>100150199
>>100149923
>>100149679
>>
>>100144964
>it's like comparing a Truck to a warehouse and complaining the truck doesn't have street access. It's a completely nonsensical point.
that was sort of the point, as the other anon seemed to be flabbergasted that there is more than one processor in your computer, and wanted to know why anyone would "pay $200 for a chip that is 1% as powerful as your CPU". I just meant to illustrate that if you're paying a lot of money for a NIC, it's going to be very powerful.
>>
File: 1000019412.jpg (2.23 MB, 4032x2268)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB JPG
0.5m cables next time....
>>
>>100135413
sounds like you might like grapheneOS
>>
>>100144824
RTFM.
https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pve-admin-guide.html#qm_virtual_machines_settings

re: SSD emulation: VMware ESXi installer knows to differentiate between SSD and HDD depending on that option, and Windows knows to not run scheduled defragmentation on SSD emulated disks.

Pro tip: Press the "Help" button in Proxmox VE when needed. Top right.
>>
>>100145687
>>>Is there any way I can expose this server (which I do not use for essential data) without exposing the rest of the devices
>Yes, it's called NAT.
NAT doesn't provide security like a firewall. It's RFC1918 private addresses can't be routed on the Internet.
>>
>>100150645
NAT is provided by a firewall, this isn't really a valid point to make when you effectively cannot seperate the two concepts on a modern syste.
>>
>>100145413
>After buying the domain, I connect my server's IP to the registrar in their interface.
Actually, you give the registrar at least two unique DNS hostnames. If those DNS hostnames are the same as the domain name registered, then IP address glue records are added to those authorative domain name servers.
After that, you map your domain name(s) and subdomains in your DNS authorative server, which can be self-hosted or outsourced to a third-party authorative DNS hosting provider; that could be your registrar (but the registrar being both isn't the best practice in most cases).
>reverse proxy
For what it's worth, Jellyfin has documentation available to setup Apache, Caddy, HAProxy, nginx or Traefik for reverse proxying. Certbot – Let's Encrypt's officially recommended ACME client – supports Apache, nginx and HAProxy. Pick any.
>I don't want to go overboard and start a networking course.
You're going to need it, you'll need a firewall and possibly a VPN.
>logging in with keys
Yes, use SSH keys to login as a best practice. Protect your SSH private key with a passphrase. The password won't be shared with the SSH server when you do this, and using an SSH agent with private keys allows the password to be cached locally on your computer to avoid typing a password on every login after the first.
>Also anything else I may not have thought of/be aware of.
Check your ISP's terms and conditions if you're allowed to host services from home or allow external connectivity. Typically this isn't the case.
>>
File: 1635948444061.jpg (85 KB, 1267x720)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
Why do Exos get so many more DOA reviews on newegg than ironwolf pros?
Who actually sells good HDDs and what product line are they?
>>
>>100145897
>someone out there has decided that consumer networking should be stuck at 100MB/s for 15+ years even through the age of everyone having multi GB/s SSDs and RAID arrays.
Consumers don't need to share those over the network or to have RAID arrays. Local storage is good enough for them. I feel like they want to have wireless and laptops.
>The 2.5G some high end motherboards recently started offering is like a spit in the face
Halo products with broken NICs (e.g. Intel I-226V has a firmware bug with Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) being forcibly enabled for single stream connections with supported switches). Even if they work, good multigig enterprise access switches cost more than a home user would probably like to spend on.
Anyway, BASE-T will always be a consumer platform, not a professional one (e.g. fiber or DACs from 10-800 GbE, or Fiber Channel speeds if someone still uses FC for storage connectivity).
>Why is network tech stuck and how do we fix it?
It's not stuck, and we don't need to fix anything. The development of 100 GbE+ switches, routers and standards is thriving.
2.5GBASE-T, 5GBASE-T and 10GBASE-T were created to accommodate legacy infrastructure (read: structured cabling in buildings), and the interfaces using them get "ouch" hot, and consume more power than e.g. an SFP+ (10 GbE) module does. Only the first sees any real world use in the highest end of wireless APs, but even after that in reality wireless clients won't see the benefits, especially if an older client starts talking in the RF and then all clients must downgrade their protocol to slower 802.11 speeds. (There was a good website to refer to explain everything WiFi, but I can't remember how to find it right now.)

TL;DR: Stop being a consumer.
>>
>>100150864
>Who actually sells good HDDs and what product line are they?
Bckblaze has a huge pool of drive health and failure statistics to work from.
Backblaze Drive Stats for 2023 https://www.backblaze.com/blog/backblaze-drive-stats-for-2023/
https://www.backblaze.com/blog/category/cloud-storage/hard-drive-stats/
>>
>>100134072
i run a website that's like 10 other websites for idiots
>>
>>100145897
>there has decided that consumer networking should be stuck at 100MB/s
the biggest thing is congestion, let me explain
you give everyone 10g LAN gear, they are either not going to care because they don't habe 10g internet or thry are going to complain because their internet isn't as fast as the equipment you made them buy.
so ok, consumers are retarded, nothing new. so you give them 10g internet, too. now you are required to budget 10* more network overhead on every single internet router and switch per customer. it's not just a little more expensive, it's a fucking lot more expensive, like orders of magnitude higher. and then, when the average user is on 10g, you need something even higher to sell at a premium for "power users" to recoup the costs, since you're not making much money on the regular plans or else noone would buy them.
oh but now that everyone has 10g or faster internet, oh, what do they use it for? well my netflix doesn't even use all that streaming 4k HDR! I want more data! i pay fir 10g i wanna use 10g! so nos you need massice increased storage for all the higher qualities of media, and as you push it higher and higher, you pay exponentually more while the end result ends up right back where you started with slow as shit internet compared to the content you want to pusb.

the reality is very little internet traffic needs higher than 100Mbps let alone 1Gbps, to the point where no average person would ever benefit from above 1Gb internet speeds. Why does the internet speed matter for LAN equipment? because you cannot justify the expense of one without the other. The average person does not want to buy a 10g NIC when their internet is only 1g, and vice versa they don't want 10g internet with a 1g network. It's very difficult to sell either of those things to the average person (read: the only way of making any money at all) due to the exponential increase in cost it causes
>>
>>100145897
>>100150982
To add, consumer desktop CPU platforms from Intel and AMD have a limited amount of PCIe lanes and bandwidth. A lot of that goes to a 16x slot (typically a GPU), the chipset for storage, on-board M.2 slot(s), USB ports. Motherboard manufacturers have to cope with the limitations.
Re: price >>100146341: Multilayer PCBs needed to support newer and faster PCI Express generations are costlier for a reason too.
>>
>>100151141
(continued)
we already saw this when 56k modems came out, and then when fast ethernet came out. there was a massive arms race for faster and faster equipment and websites pushing more and more data, but that isn't sustainable anymore and people don't want to spend more for better stuff, they'd rather spend less for slightly worse stuff.

point is, there is no reason why a consumer motherboard or router would bother with anything above 1g right noe because it just diesn't make sense and drastically increases costs, not of the product itself but of everything around the product. 2.5g and 5g exist only to slow down the transition to 10g and above, because the internet infrastructure isn't ready for it. the rate at which data speeds are increasing is significantly faster than the rate at which the infrastructure can support it, and the cost rises so far above what the average person is willing to pay.

it's just not realistic to expect 10g on the average computer or router, even despite it being a nearly two decade old standard now. the world isn't full of money anymore, big companies aren't gonna give commoners shit at their own expense and frankly commoners can't afford it
>>
>>100151170
>Motherboard manufacturers have to cope with the limitations.
Hardly any board uses a full allocation of PCIe lanes. Adding 10G requires two lanes which may be already have allocated to NICs because of 1gb+2.5gb retardation, so it's not like you even have to find lanes somewhere.
>Re: price >>100146341 (You): Multilayer PCBs needed to support newer and faster PCI Express generations are costlier for a reason too.
I'm not fully convinced of this until someone actually shows how much vendors are paying. I won't deny it may be more costly but not to the degree to affect board prices and features as much as they do.
>>
>>100149223
Do you own an R730, or are you maybe talking shit out of your ass thinking enterprise servers are "noisy"?
https://i.dell.com/sites/csdocuments/Shared-Content_data-Sheets_Documents/en/Dell-13G-PowerEdge-Acoustical-Performance-and-Dependencies.pdf#page=6
LpA = 28-33 dBA.
>>
>>100147551
>Gitea and some CI/CD
desu GitLab will be better for this task. ArgoCD if you want to go the Kubernetes route. (Good Kubernetes and operator support is pending in GitLab, development was rescheduled to start earlier this year than initially estimated.)
>Is Dell R730{,XD}/R720 going to be good for that?
R730's iDRAC 8 went EOL in February 2024. A custom configured R730 is still relatively inexpensive at second-hand retail ($700-$1150), better performance for buck than a custom configured R740 ($2000+). Something to consider. Both may be fine.
>>
>>100150217
What the fuck is this abomination? One SATA port's bandwidth shared for five drives?
If I had to look at this and repair it, I wouldn't know where to start. I would trash all the guts and use at least a a HBA or two, or buy a refurbished 19" enterprise rackserver with 8-16 hotswap drive bays (2U).
>>
>>100151433
R720s can be noisy, but if they get loud it's because of a fault or just dust, so make sure you clean them regularly
I have one and when it's angry it can be the loudest thing in my entire house let alone the rack, but usually it's fairly quiet

2u and 1u servers will always be louder than a larger server purely by nature of having smaller fans that need to spin faster to reach the same sort of airflow, but being loudER doesn't necesarily mean they are loud.
>>
>>100150688
https://security.stackexchange.com/a/8773
>>
>>100151725
find me a consumer router that provides firewalling without NAT or NAT without firewalling.
the two concepts are almost always paired, only an absolute retard would make some claim that anyone actually does NAT without a firewall.

when you configure ANY router as an edgerouter or wan router, you will ALWAYS configure a firewall and NAT, and you will almost ALWAYS find those two things in the same place, because despite being different they are almost always used together.

you're trying to argue that toilet paper doesn't flush your shits - well no fucking shit it doesn't, but anyone with a brain knows you shit in a toilet and the toilet paper goes with it
>>
>>100149516
Then permissions is not your problem . You probably screwed up configuring jellyfin since you can see the media in Plex
>>
>>100151570
It's actually fully functional according to the owner. I'll be testing that even If I don't care for the guts at all. There may even be drives inside who knows.
That's obviously a poorfag tier mobo and an old one too so yeah the owner was doing exactly what you describe. I plan to buy it for the case and the bays.
I'll put my own hardware in with along with an HBA. The mobo is probably getting trashed or used for testing stuff.
All I want to know is if I'm getting my money's worth for a case like that with bays.
>>
>>100151840
>It's actually fully functional according to the owner
those SATA expanders work, but you get 1/5th the bandwidth for each drive
now since sata III is 6Gb (750MB/s), and the average HDD sits somewhere around ~120MB/s, you aren't losing a significant amount of speed, but it's still subpar and denies you things like SMART data, individual drive control for something like software RAID, and so on.
>>
>>100151433
i said
>kinda noisy compared to your old setup
his old setup being fanless thin clients

yes, any kind of server is louder than a literal zero-db solution
>>
>>100151821
You're in /hsg/, a general of home server enthusiasts and generally not consumers. Expect to be corrected and given a different answer if you claim NAT (by itself) prevents exposing the rest of the devices, without mentioning a firewall in >>100145687.
>>
>>100151969
yeah, as an autist myself i sometimes forget how autistic some people can be. To almost literally anyone else, NAT implies the existence of a firewall because they are so intrinsically linked together, like toilet paper and a toilet bowl, even if they are entirely different things
>>
>>100151887
I honestly wasn't worried about speed. I am concerned about the reliability of these things though. I probably wasn't going to use them but now that I know they prevent use of software raid then I'm absolutely not going to use them.
What do you think about the case itself though ? Sounds like a decent deal to you ?
>>
>>100152028
how much? it looks like a rosewill or silverstone 4u chassis, they are usually $100-200, plus the icyboxes are about $50 each, i wouldn't pay more than $300 for that thing since i'd strip the guts almost entirely. when the board is old enough to post on 4chan it's probably not worth using.
>>
>>100150217
also did that nigger HOT GLUE the fucking sata cables to the icybox?
christ on a stick, they literally have fucking clips, why on gods green earth would you glue them in
>>
>>100152059
It's 45$ my man. Looks like it's worth a drive apparently.
>>
>>100152073
It's just hot glue. It'll peel off no problem. Very obviously an autist's hackjob. No one else would buy noise blocker fans.
>>
>>100152081
$45 united states dollars? far out, here in australia you'd be lucky to get that for under $300 hence my reasoning
sounds like a bargain for the case alone
>>
>>100151141
I'm not talking about internet (actually my ISP started offering 10G a while back, heard it doesnt actually work because of the garbage routers they have, the service itself is legit as long as you use your own real 10G router, would've been interested otherwise just to get a cheap 10G switch) but LAN. I want to access my RAID at proper speeds.

I mean I get your point but by that standards wired shouldn't even be a choice at the point where like easily 80%+ care about wireless exclusively. It's just price gouging.

>>100151170
1G is basically free and has been for ages, 2.5 is barely better so probably extremely cheap to manufacture too, as its been already said its literally just to piss on us because they refuse to give us a real upgrade.

>>100151682
I run my 720 at 20/30% fan, quieter than desktops I had in the past.
>>
>>100152028
>What do you think about the case itself though ? Sounds like a decent deal to you ?
I don't see how that chassis would support redundant power supplies, but for comparison an SC829 would cost ~$175 USD (chassis + trays only, no PSUs or components). It depends how much you want to deal with jank. I'd be more comfortable plugging drives directly onto a SAS expander than an IcyDock with 5 SATA ports. Not sure if you can even find mini SAS cables to 5 SATA drives to plug into a HBA and the IcyDocks, but you should be able to find cables for mini SAS to 4 SATA drives.
>>
>>100152184
>I'm not talking about internet
it doesn't matter, the average person doesn't do anything on their network except browse the internet, therefore it's very hard to sell them something they won't benefit from or even notice at all. you can't sell an airconditioner to an eskimo, not just prentend that 85% of the population are eskimos and theres the reason why airconditioners aren't common or cheap.
>by that standards wired shouldn't even be a choice at the point where like easily 80%+ care about wireless exclusively
and you do see this in modern devices, wifi is becoming more abd more the norm and many devices lack any form of wired networking. the only reason routers have ports at all is to plug in your wifi multiple extra access points, but even that is going away as mesh networks become more affordable.
it's not just price gouging, it's market control. if you give everyone a race car they will all want to race it. if you give everyone a slow car and pretend it's fast by giving it a sleek look, they will be perfectly happy on a 60mph road.
they aren't trying to make more money by selling you something for 10x the price, they are trying to avoid losing money by everyone wanting more and more data at faster and faster speeds.

i used to work in basically analog media transfer, you know digitizing tapes and shit. we charged $175 to burn a video to a DVD. it was like a 15 minute job and a DVD costs like $0.3, ao why xharge so much? because we didn't want anyone to do it. we didn't want them to have DVDs made and then get pissed off that noone has DVD players anymore, or come back in when it gwts scratched, or whatever else. so we made DVDs expensice so they'd think the USB stick was better value and go with that instead. it wasn't so we could make more money on DVDs, it was so we didn't have people get pissed off when they didn't work.
tge same thing is hapoening with consumer networking, hell nearly any industry does the same shit one way or another.
>>
Set up transcoding for jellyfin lxc container in proxmox but opencl is not working. clinfo output looks normal on host but guest says 0 devices detected. Any ideas?
>>
>Buy a mixed-use u.2 SSD in an insomnia induced haze
>mfw I still have to get a cable for it
>mfw the last cable I got took over a month to arrive
I want to use oculink this time but the pcie > oculink cards cost $30 whereas an m.2 > oculink is only $10, and I only have a pcie slot available for this. Probably just going to get another riser cable.
>the disk is arriving tomorrow
fuck, guess I can power off the server and get smart and nvme-cli stats until a cable arrives. There's something fucked with my initialization anyway.

>>100150217
Is that a fucking pci slot?
>>
>>100152378
>Is that a fucking pci slot?
and a printer port, too
>>
>>100152205
New to this; why would it be jank to use sata drives with a sata icybox ? These ones actually do have SAS ports so it doesn't matter but I want to know if using sata is unreliable in any significant way.
>>
>>100152523
it's not, that anon doesn't understand that the icybox is just a sata passthrough "backplane", it doean't actually do anything except take the sata pins on the drive and push them out the back. it'd be exactly the same as gluing some SATA cables in place and using a 3d printed HDD caddy
>>
>>100152343
I don't know.
The majority doesn't care about having better speeds (which is one part of the problem I guess) hence why they pay significantly more for WiFi which is way slower and way less reliable than gigabit Ethernet.
Same thing with ISPs, wired is cheap and theres low demand so they can afford to give everyone gigabit when they know the majority won't even break 30mbps most of the time which means they can even afford to offer 10G here for the few that want it without overloading their crappy infrastructure.
Meanwhile the same provider lies about mobile speeds and data caps everywhere because mobile networks are more expensive and are in high demand and they know advertising the awfully low real speeds and caps would lead to less subscribers.
Theres no reason why the cheapest 10G switches should cost hundreds of dollars, making them not completely overpriced won't suddenly mean everyone will expect 10G internet and such, I think there is enough of a prosumer market that it would be worth serving.
>>
>>100152663
>hence why they pay significantly more for WiFi which is way slower and way less reliable than gigabit Ethernet.
it's substaintially more convinient, and for most people that's the entire point. it's not about what's faster or more reliable, it's what's more convinient. it's the same with anything, why buy a faster car when one with more boot space or more seats is more convinient? the roads still have a speed limit, so does your internet in that even with 10g internet you're still limited by the server sending you data, and no server can possibly send you 10Gb/s of data for the majority of stuff people do on the internet, ie social media and streaming.
alsl, wifi 6e is faster than gigabit and wifi 7 is something up a theortical 5Gb/s, almost all modern phones have wifi 6/6e in them now. 5g data is also in excess of gigabit speeds, at least in theory.
>on ISPs
the thing is if they make 10g plans cheap, people will subscribe to them and then if they don't get 10g speeds, they will complain. it's easy to provide 10g to a few people, especially when they alone foot the bill of your equipment, but reliably providing 10g to the masses is entirely different. most ISPs can't even reliably provide 1g to all their customers right now.
>on mobile plans
it's the same deal, data caps only exist to disicentivise people from using mobile data networks to free up space for other traffic. it's the same as putting 40km/h speed limits in cities - in part thats for sadety but ir also drastically reduces traffic confestion if done right, thereby speeding up the flow of traffic. in network it works almost exactly the same way, imagine each intersection is a router.
(continued...)
>>
>>100152960
>Theres no reason why the cheapest 10G switches should cost hundreds of dollars
they don't necessarily, but anyway the cheapest "consumer" ones do because they don't want people to necessarily buy them unless they know those people really care about it. it's also supply and demand - with so few people actually wanting them it's hard to offset the cost of making them. they aren't going to sell a thousand units at 5% margin, so to make the same amount of money they need to sell one hundred at 500% margin in order to cover all the costs of R&D, factory space, materials, software, customer support, and so on. thay shit costs money and if you're rhe only one paying for it, of course it's gonna cost you a lot more than if ten or a hundred people split it
>>100152663
>making them not completely overpriced won't suddenly mean everyone will expect 10G internet and such
if every gaming motherboard had 10g NICs and every tp-link or netgear ISP router had 10g, people would absolutely start asking for 10g internet. hell people already want 1g internet when they aren't even using 50Mb/s, just because their network cables and ports are all gigabit rated. "i paid for the whole speedo i wanna use the whole speedo" is a very common way of thinking. i doudt anyone would actually notice internet facter than 100Mb/s because that can still handle three 4k netflix streams (30Mb/s each) with room to spare. only people downloading steam games would notice and only one or twice a month.
>I think there is enough of a prosumer market that it would be worth serving.
and that's why we have 2
5g and 5g, because some people want more, but giving them too much too quickly makes the rest of the ecosystem undergo more load than is ecconomically viable

if you really want cheap 10g just get old enterprise gear, i got a 24 port 10g rj45 switch from d-link for like $200 and it's less than five years old, near-silent and uses very little power.
>>
Hey guys, I'm looking at switching from dnsmasq to bind9 + unbound, is there an articulable benefit to have both bind9 and unbound on the same VM or is there a no real benefit to splitting them up into separate VMs? I have a preference to have each of my VMs only do one thing but it kind of seems to me like this scenario they may be better to just keep both on one VM if only just for the potential for lower latency by not having to go across a logical bridge to reach each other.
>>
>>100150411
I do indeed, I'm on Graphene haha
>>
File: 1710548735059092.jpg (7 KB, 250x250)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>100134049
This is really cool
Do you serverchads run your own business?
>>
File: server.png (2.55 MB, 1750x1106)
2.55 MB
2.55 MB PNG
Love my server. Had it for years
>>
>>100153970
Don't love it enough to mount it?
>>
>>100153998
slides out
>>
Is there a way to access virt-manager console of another system without enabling root SSH? I'd like to avoid it if I can.

I tried adding a user into libvirt-qemu as that is what is required to manage VMs on my local machine then tried connecting to that user over ssh but it gives me some text about being unable to authenticate. I tried looking it up and I'm seeing people say to add user into libvirtd but that group doesn't exist on my system.

Relevant text in stacktrace:
 authentication unavailable: no polkit agent available to authenticate action 'org.libvirt.unix.manage' 

Anyone done this before?
>>
>>100153998
>mount it
what do you mean? you really expect cage nuts to hold the entire weight of a server all the way up the back of the case? it sits on rails dude, the rails attach to the rack. the holes in the handles/flange on the front are only to secure it to prevent it from sliding out, they aren't designed to hold the weight
>>
>>100154068
>>100154288
Your attitudes show a lack of diligence and care.
>>
>>100153898
My imaginary business yes
>>
>>100154512
???? why would I need to screw the front bezel to the rack when it's already firmly attached to rails that are fixed on four posts? I don't want to unscrew the fron bezel every time I need to slide the server out
>>
File: server-inner.png (1004 KB, 1024x771)
1004 KB
1004 KB PNG
>>100154068 is me

>>100154288
>>100154612
is some other guy
disregard him.

but yeah, it slides out so I don't screw the front ears.
>>
>>100154639
>other guy
that me -.-
but my servers are the same, theres no need to screw the bezel in unless you're moving the rack with everything in it, otherwise it's just a hassle whenever you want to slide it out
my dell servers have a latch to keep them closed but even that latches to the rails not to the rack posts.

only really shallow/lightweight stuff gets screwed in via the bezel or "ears", eg switches or patch panels, and even then some of them are deep enough or heavy enough that i'd vastly prefer then on rails. sheer force is a thing and cage nuts, while rated for high loads, don't have much sheer strength when you put all that weight on the end of what is effectively a big lever
>>
File: 1000019484.jpg (718 KB, 2268x2016)
718 KB
718 KB JPG
>>100154693
here, a picture
>>
File: IMG_20240424_055219_897.jpg (1.3 MB, 4032x3024)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
>>100155173
Backside 4-post mounting, slides out.
>>
>>100154512
your attitude shows a lack of experience
>>
File: 1710839059874149.jpg (23 KB, 337x426)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>100134049
i have a bunch of applications running that i want to access outside my home(plex, audiobookshelf, kavita, game servers). can i run a reverse proxy on my server or do i need a separate machine for that. I have an old raspberry pi i was thinking of using, but it seems simpler id i can just run it on my main server
>>
>>100155453
you can, i have a container on my server running apache for this purpose specifically
it might be better to run it on a seperste machine, eg a raspberry pi or similar just so it's independant of your main server's funcrion. you can have it pull up a 503 for example if your server goes offline, so you know your network is still reachable but something is up with the server. theres probably security reasons to do this, too, but i'm not an expert so maybe see what other anons have to say, but i do run my VPN and DNS server on a seperate machine so I can maintain internet access when my server is offline
>>
>>100153970
Why does the 4U chassis take 4 1/3U (5U) of space?
Why is there an empty patch panel, and why is it not Cat6a (per datacenter specifications)?
Why do you have a workstation processor in a "server"?
Why are the lightweight items (switch, UDM Pro router) below heavier items (4U chassis), increasing the center of gravity towards top instead of bottom (for safety)?
There's no way some of those Ethernet slim cables are up to standard specifications for wire gauge, nevermind for TIA-568's optional color coding.

t. autist
>>
>>100155561
>TIA-568
Actually meant TIA-606.
>>
>>100155453
Yeah, a reverse proxy is exactly what you want, best way to do this. You'll want your reverse proxy to pull some certificates from letsencrypt so that you don't have certificate errors when accessing from WAN. You also want to make sure that you stick any of those VMs that are publicly exposed to WAN on a DMZ so that they can't access anything on your internal network. You can give your internal clients stateful access to the servers with a firewall but under no circumstances are the servers to have access to any of your other servers or clients or LANs. Ideally you would not give them access to other servers on the DMZ either if you can help it so that in the event that one of the servers in the DMZ get's infected, then you'll not have to worry much about the other ones on the DMZ.
>>
>>100155561
NTA but heres what i'd say if i were
>Why does the 4U chassis take 4 1/3U (5U) of space?
it's sitting on a slide-out shelf (i think)
>Why is there an empty patch panel,
future expansion
>and why is it not Cat6a (per datacenter specifications)?
home is not a datacenter, he isn't running >1g or >100m
>Why do you have a workstation processor in a "server"?
lower power consumption and very affordable
>Why are the lightweight items (switch, UDM Pro router) below heavier items (4U chassis), increasing the center of gravity towards top instead of bottom (for safety)?
the UPS at the bottom weighs more than evrrything else combined, but also this bugs me too, OP move your server to the bottom-most slot above the UPS
>There's no way some of those Ethernet slim cables are up to standard specifications for wire gauge, nevermind for TIA-568's optional color coding.
pretty sure that's a cisco console cable, but also the ubiquiti ones do actually meet that specification and are 24awg, but are cat5 so don't need the spline (left left in pic)
>>
>>100155561
That isn't me, but I'm a fellow autist so I figured I'd chime in unnecessarily.

It looks to me like he's got it on a shelf and rails for some reason. Shows real confidence in the rails.

>> WHY ISN'T YOUR EMPTY PATCH PANEL CAT6A

A server isn't a server because it has a processor designed for a server, it's a server because it provides services to the network.

Consumer platforms make great home servers, better bang for the buck with less features a home server typically doesn't need.

Not a concern, it's only like 14U or so, it would take a lot to overcome the center of gravity. If he had more and heavier servers in a taller rack, then I'd give some more forethought into it but it'll be okay. I do think it would look a good but better if he did swap the server with the shelf at the bottom though.

They're usually not to spec, no.
>>
>>100155598
>>100155561
thanks. looks like i have some reading to do
>>
File: 1000018929.jpg (1.65 MB, 2078x4032)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB JPG
>>100155561
post rack
>>
I have an LXC running plex, but I want to move to docker - how can I convert my LXC container to a docker container?
or, any plex users, how can I migrate all the metadata (eg playlists, song ratings) from one server to another? In the past I've had to use postman to retreive the playlists and then POST them back to the new server, but that only works for playlists. is there not just a way i can move the data over? I don't want to lose song/show ratings and playlists and listen time etc, as I have years worth of that metadata.
>>
>>100155849
>blue board
>>
>>100142697
>lost everything except a backup from last November so i'm starting over. Kind of demoralized but getting better.

Know that feeling 3 years on and still haven't recovered from my loss, still daily kicking my ass for my hubris; please help me move on...
>>
File: IMG_20240424_072201_906.jpg (2.26 MB, 2016x1512)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB JPG
>>100155849
Here's a new blue board friendly image of a corner of a rack for you.
>empty 1U slot
>>
>>100155849
what are these seals for? do you keep some schizo's stuff in your house?
>>
>>100156001
>>empty 1U slot
the blanking panel fell out :(
the clip in omes are so shit at staying in and they fill up the slot sotightly that i have to remove them to slide stuff out or else they just fall off or scratch the metal of the equipment
metal blanks leave a 1-2mm gap top and bottom to avoid this issue
>>
>>100156032
to keep the machine spirits operational and pure
since i installed them i've had no major system crashes or data loss, but i do keep getting OOM errors, so I might need to add more seals. I was thinking a thurible with incense would help, too
>>
File: daemon stop.jpg (129 KB, 506x402)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>100156051
okay, that's some new neopaganism I've never seen before
>>
File: 1000019490.gif (3.14 MB, 480x218)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB GIF
>>100156130
this is what happens to sysadmins that use default passwords or port forward SSH
>>
>>100156034
I actually meant the bottommost 1U slot in >>100156001 pic is empty (no UPS or PDU), before I had noticed there's an empty 1U slot in >>100155849.
>>
>>100156201
why do you tease us so much with your corners....
>>
File: 1000019494.jpg (258 KB, 800x800)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
huh.
>>
>>100156238
The art piece is not finished or ready for its prime time.
>>
>>100156366
Or premiere, if I should say so.
>>
>>100153970
What's the UPS model? How much did it cost? I'm looking at rack mount UPS and they are pricey.
>>
>>100156159
what's wrong with forwarding ssh out? that means Secure SHell and it's open source (prone only to backdooring)
>>
>>100156573
NTA, that UPS may be an APC SMT1000RM2UC ($699 USD).
>>
>>100155637
>the ubiquiti ones do actually meet that specification and are 24awg, but are cat5 so don't need the spline (left left in pic)
I was under the impression those (U-Cable-Patch-RJ45) are 30 AWG and are only validated with a more lax TIA-568-B.2 Cat6 Channel test instead of a patch cord test as they should be.
>>
>>100155637
>>100156793
For comparison, the "UniFi Patch Cable Outdoor" (UACC-Cable-Patch-Outdoor-1M-W) cables are Cat5e 24 AWG. OP's picture has a 30 AWG U-Cable-Patch-RJ45.
>>
>>100156616
Thanks. Looks like they can be picked up for cheap on ebay. The replacement batteries cost far less than the unit itself.XXA4
>>
Are HP SAS HDDs so shit as the brand suggests? are they better than consumer-grade Seagate drives?
>>
>>100134329
Check out Caddy
>>
>>100137191
Proxmox is great. Like the other anon said, install on the smaller SSD and setup zfs on the bigger one for vm storage.
>>
>>100147161
I found installing jellyfin in a docker container to be the easiest way to run on linux for this reason
>>
>>100134072
Piracy and learning.
>>
>>100156300
Good morning sir
>>
i don't actually have a home server nor do i intend to (because i'm sexually attracted to loud hot big iron, which is wildly inappropriate in an apartment setting) but i occasionally browse /hsg/ just to see what the hobbyist side looks like
t: data center nymph
>>
I'm having an issue with netbox
Whenever I add or remove module these changes are not present in the changelog for that particular module bay or device but only for that particular module which gets deleted and I no longer can access its history anyway
Is there a way to configure netbox so that changes from device's components are present in that device's changelog?
>>
>>100152010
>as an autist myself i sometimes forget how autistic some people can be
Lol, same. Thanks for arguing my point for me and sorry for starting this and immediately fucking off. I guess the key takeaway here is that while NAT splits two (or more) hosts into separate address spaces, it does not, by itself, determine whether the packets between the two (or more) hosts are being forwarded or blocked. Then again, for a device in a regular consumer LAN to be "exposed" to the Internet, you'd almost always have to explicitly set up port forwarding for that device *and* explicitly allow inbound traffic through the firewall on the WAN interface and likely even on the device itself. It was a safe assumption to make, just like the assumption that a normie probably doesn't want or need to know the technicalities, he probably just wants simple answers so he can get his shit working and not worry about h4xx0rz.
>>
>>100138957
basically this >>100144964
why bother with a dedicated CPU/GPU for the interconnect when it is going to bottleneck the CPU/GPU anyway?
Now you just have 2 CPUs doing the same operations twice. Why not have the CPU send signals directly to the PCIE and through the fiber to another CPU? or better yet, connect fiber directly to a CPU pin plus a crystal converting signal into light?

I mean, it's like creating a RAID 0 then smashing one of the HDDs and screaming about how amazing data redundancy is
Reminds me of the steam engineers I used to work with saying "wind can never replace gas because it isnt syncronius" and grumbling that I'm changing the subject when I mention syncons "you just wouldn't get it because youre not this kind of engineer like me"
Those retards are all unemployed now coz they refused to retrain and apply for jobs in the wind plants.
capcha :ahh m8
>>
>>100158530
>Why not have the CPU send signals directly to the PCIE and through the fiber to another CPU? or better yet, connect fiber directly to a CPU pin plus a crystal converting signal into light?
Things tend to need to be packetized in some form. Would take alot of CPU overhead to do such a thing directly on the CPU.
That's literally the primary purpose of a NIC, to frame data so it can go to its intended destination and be reassembled on the other side.
>>
File: 1713909989203827.png (3.47 MB, 1792x2304)
3.47 MB
3.47 MB PNG
>be poorfag
>always thought i was gonna use my current ancient laptop as my NAS when i retired it
>moderately low idle power (9-12 W)
>has 3 internal drive slots (1 for system 2 for storage) and 4xusb 2.0 ports, and potentially 2xusb 3.0 ports with an expresscard adapter
>very close to retiring it, already looking at new main computers to use
>notice the power cable is fraying badly
>new one costs £25
>then realise it juts straight out of the side, no right angle
>planned to place it on a shelving rack i have (not a special computer one, just some norme furtniture ikea thingy)
>realise even the new power cable is just going to be hanging off the side like this, and the downward pressure is going to wear out that joint quickly (maybe I could reinforce it with lots of heavy tape right from the start to prolong its life?)
>that expresscard thing is either going to be cheap, £10, but people have said bad things about the cheap chink ones, some say get the startech.com branded one which is £40

>so, option 1) sink either £35 or £65 more into this ancient busted laptop
>...
>or option 2) just get a cheap chink mini pc with a bunch of usb ports instead for £100-£120, and let the old laptop rest in peace

Option 2) is a no-brainer, right?
Anyone have experience with these fanless mini chnk PCs? This is the one I'm looking at
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004584167139.html
>>
>>100156032
Found the heretic
>>
Going to be reorganizing and recabling in my full height rack - question is, top or rack switching or middle? facing forward or facing rear? Right now it's ISP in on near top shelf, feeding to switches in the middle facing rear
>>
>>100159371
What laptop? It may still make sense depending on the compute it provides.
>>
>>100159548
Top rear in almost all cases.
>>
File: banana_pi_m1.jpg (156 KB, 790x297)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>100159371
You might not be able to set up the BIOS on your laptop to boot itself after a power failure. They usually don't have that functionality. Also there's a lot of options besides the chink PCs. I had my NAS running on a cheap raspberry pi clone for years with no issue (get something better though)
>>
File: bassproshopPNG.png (1.29 MB, 1262x715)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB PNG
>order server from the server store dot coom
>no tracking information yet
>no shipping email
>no order history or details on page
should have just paid the ebay s+h tax
>>
>>100159564
ThinkPad L420
CPU capped at 70% because it developed thermal issues after an accident that nothing can fix, I've replaced the fan to avail, repasted several times.
Still for a NAS I don't need more than that.
It's coming up to 13 years old, 9 since the accident. Surprised it even survived it.

Maybe the question should be:
Keep this laptop chugging along and save that little bit of money and put it towards a better future solution than a mini chink PC with 8 USB ports? Or just get the chink mini PC because I don't know when I would get around to building something and desu it would probably be very expensive in comparison if I want some nice tidy box with all the drives inside. (2.5" 2TB drives, currently rocking 3-4, would like a theoretical max of 8 though I probably won't get there for many many years.)

>>100159683
>You might not be able to set up the BIOS on your laptop to boot itself after a power failure.
Interesting. That's a super luxury though, I don't think I would need that. We have power cuts on average maybe once every 10 years, and it's usually for 10 minutes. The only time this would be a problem is if I'm travelling at that exact moment AND no one else is at home either. Even then, I can live, I only go abroad for ~2 weeks at a time max when I do (not often, I'm a poorfag), and I wouldn't NEED anythng from my NAS remotely (it's not even set up for remote, just local network, basic backup and storage NAS.) Might even just switch if off the next time I travel. If someone else at home NEEDS some media from the NAS while I'm gone they can use the standalone backup drive (cold, disconnected at all other times).
>>
>>100159914
What I would do is attempt to do is set the laptop us as a nas and tape the cable back up. If after a while, you end up outgrowing it and needing more compute or expandability, just spend the money on some new compute, if you don't end up needing that then spend the money on a power cable. The laptop itself should be plenty of compute for a NAS but I wouldn't bury more money into it(on things that couldn't be moved to a new system) other than a new power cable.
>>
Is this good for bypassing the 3.3 volt shit on WDs?
It doesn't have the orange cable.
>>
>>100160871
Bro just cut the 3.3v shit off a normal non firehazard cable
>>
>>100161396
I already did that, but the HDD has terrible whine constantly, it's ear piercing tbհ.
>>
Can someone red pill me on Ubiquiti gear.
I've had a Turris Omnia router (with WiFi 6 upgrade) basically a ARM OpenWRT box since 2020 and am not impressed by it's reliability. It shits the bed every so often, either it fucks up the DNS, or just sort of ignores a WiFi device until you reconnect it.
I have FTTH and with some fiddling I can directly connect my router using an SFP module. I currently have a 1G connection, but will soon move to somewhere where they have 8G.
The Omnia is just gigabit, and I'd like to upgrade in speed, reliability, and ease of use. I've had my eye on the Dream Machine router and the U7-pro AP. So, is the Ubiquiti stuff just a meme, or does it just work. I know it's overkill, but we're all just larping as enterprise sysadmins.
>>
Can someone explain to a retard using Unraid how to setup LiveStreamDVR?
>>
>>100163613
>Can someone red pill me on Ubiquiti gear.
See >>100056339 for a small explanation of this trashfire. You should understand all the (EdgeMax) talent left the company in 2020 and the Glassdoor reviews mostly aren't good to date.
It's not enterprise ready, nor is UBNT recognized or qualified in Gartner Magic Quadrant research.
I can also remember Ubiquiti was in violation of the GPL for several years.
>>
Quick question, after making a raspberry pi 4 print server, do I have to leave the printer connected to the pi (aka losing one USB port) or can I remove it the usb cable and use the Wi-Fi of the printer?
>>
File: 1547011500493.jpg (268 KB, 1024x1004)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
Fun things I can do with a domain and SSL besides hosting a website?
>>
>>100164083
Okay, but the 802.11ac Ubiquiti APs (ones that can be flashed with OpenWRT) are fine?
>>
File: V-234154.png (303 KB, 1032x1255)
303 KB
303 KB PNG
>>100164253
You still need to manage them with the UniFi controller, which has the formerly described issues.
The APs also dial-home to Ubiquiti's servers (Amazon EC2) in the USA while in use. Pic rel (AP decommissioned).
OpenWRT is not fine, we're larping as enterprise sysadmins with enterprise network equipment here remember.
>>
>>100164373
Right. So what are my options if I want some cheap (fine with used), completely locally managed APs?
>>
>>100164083
Did the EdgeMax talent go to a specific company, or spread out between the existing companies. I've looked at other companies, and it's either bullshit complex, or way too expensive. Is there any non-trashfire non-expensive non-get-thousands-in-training-and-three-certificates-just-to-use-it reliable 10G network gear?
>>
>>100164413
https://www.gartner.com/doc/reprints?id=1-2GUUIAOL&ct=240307&st=sb

Bottom left may be the cheapest, "$147". Top right has the "$269" AP.
>>
>>100164413
Some Cisco Aironet APs are < $50 USD on eBay. May not be the easiest to use, e.g. a WLC's expired X.509 certificate can cause issues (can be resolved).
>>
below 10watts power usage with ECC is possible yay or nay
>>
>>100164419
According to a former Ubiquiti employee, many went to Juniper to work on the Mist access points and platform. (Not available off-the-shelf for home use, however.)
https://old.reddit.com/r/Ubiquiti/comments/scqlg3/what_happened_to_edgeos/huejyey/?context=1
There's MikroTik for prosumer gear with advanced routing features, but the UI is arcane and you need to look at block diagrams to understand what the hardware is capable of doing without shooting yourself in the foot.
The real enterprise stuff costs thousands-in-training-and-three-certificates-just-to-use-it reliable, as you've said.
>>
>>100164642
Nope
Why ecc tho
>>
>>100164231
I got a domain so that I could get certs for my vaultwarden instance. So.. vaultwarden is one. My plans in the future include an email server. You can use a reverse proxy to add certs for all of your locally hosted web servers like management interfaces for switches, access points and IPMI.

>>100164413
I have a ruckus R510, theyre eol but they're cleap as dirt and solid
>>
>>100164492
How the FUCK did Juniper rebound? Used to be a joke to mention that there was some 20 year old juniper switch in the closet back there nobody visits but now it seems they're coming up. Good for them we could all use more in the space but still puzzling.
>>
>>100164642
TDP on my primary hypervisor hits 16W. I'm sure the system draws more than that with PSU inefficiency but it's around the mark, with full ECC support.

Downside: expensive. I bought mine used to help in that aspect though and I still paid $250 for a 4 core atom lol It has IPMI, serial full ECC RDIMM support and 4 GbE ports so I don't feel bad.
>>
>>100165020 (me)
I'm a dumbass, I didn't even post the link.

https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=C3558D4I-4L
>>
File: 1693221738271541.jpg (21 KB, 474x467)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>100164954
>You can use a reverse proxy to add certs for all of your locally hosted web servers like management interfaces for switches, access points and IPMI.
This interests me bigly. Thanks Anon, off to learn how to set this up. Any recommendations for software for facilitating this?
>>
>>100164974
They use almost nothing but Juniper in Google DCs
>>
>>100164974
Cisco is killing itself with Smart Licensing, can't buy a new Catalyst 9000 series switch without a mandatory purchase of DNA Center Essentials / Advantage licensing even if you'll never use it, and there's a lot of hate on the Internet for Cisco DNA Center. The DNA licenses can relapse but the core products and CLI management will continue to work. At one point Cisco's Smart Licensing in IOS-XE was changed to require online connectivity for license ticketing (validation), but later Cisco caved in and added Smart Licensing Using Policy which made offline use of IOS-XE possible again. Their firewall products also started turning into trash when ASA started using FTD firmware, I've read. Palo Alto and Fortigate took the lead in firewall products after that.
Juniper made the Mist platform, which is now getting more praise on the Internet than HPE (Aruba)'s access points, because the platform's pattern recognition can allegedly pinpoint network issues down to the core issue for sysadmins to resolve (e.g. an AP that may be experiencing issues connecting a DHCP server). Dunno why Gartner really rates them as highly otherwise as they do, even though Gartner lists strengths and cautions in the publication.
>>
>>100164712
I looked at MicroTik, while I'm not fan of products with a loaded footgun, I'm not made of money and don't want to spend the time/money on learning the archaic gear.
Thanks for your knowledge and insights.
>>
>>100165106
Why is Cisco gutting itself? We were recent-ish HyperFlex customers and within the year they announced their EOL in favor of Nutanix of all things. With Broadcom's insane increase we talked to Nutanix who are ALSO increasing their prices and penalizing you with a repurchase to bust down to another tier of licensing. Loved UCS but as you said, licensing is brutal. Our network niggers really feel the crunch with DNA center and it's not even used. I have to stare at the dumb fuckin service account in a group it does not belong in
>>
Also palo alto panorama is slow as fuck, I miss the ASA
>>
>>100165481
>In The Reg's view, Cisco is likely binning HyperFlex because it just didn't sell that much of it.
https://www.theregister.com/2023/09/14/cisco_discontinues_hyperflex_hci/
>>
>>100165495
PA-220 was slow af, PA-440 should be a bit faster. Still slower than e.g. a cheap FortiGate.
>>
>>100165087
I've only ever used traefik, but nginx reverse proxy, apache reverse proxy and haproxy are all also capable of this. Traefik was pretty easy to setup but I'm probably going to install something else next go around for the experience.
>>
File: 1683551582191048.jpg (10 KB, 200x205)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>Found the hidden curly brace that has haunting my caddy config for 4 months
>can now add subdomains without having to randomly remove lines and add curly braces at the bottom of the file to make the proxy server start
>>
>>100165020
i still dream about getting this one day (the 16core version)
https://www.supermicro.com/en/products/motherboard/A2SDi-H-TP4F

also for that price i kinda expected quad channel
>>
>>100134072
>Local NAS
>Piracy through Arrs
>Plex
>Chia farming
>>
>>100166065
Think I'll go with Nginx, thank you for the software recommendation. Now I just need namecheap to finish verifying my SSL
>>
File: confused.png (521 KB, 860x746)
521 KB
521 KB PNG
How does /hsg/ run and manage an internal PKI for internal use (e.g.
home.arpa.
domains), outside of Windows (ADCS) environments?

I have a legacy internal CA (offline root & intermediate certs) with no CRLs (my bad), using OpenSSL (actually LibreSSL) to issue leaf certificates for internal services for 1-2 years at a time. It's a manual process, no ACME involved and I have to add the root CA to web browser and servers' trust stores. How do you automate these workflows? Is anyone here using HashiCorp Vault for internal PKI or other software? I would also not like vSphere to act its own PKI / root CA for ESXi hosts.
>>
I'm looking for a low power mini PC with multiple SSD slots to use as a home server.

Currently looking at the deskmini X300 (pic related) with a 5600G, but it's a fairly old model at this point, does anyone know if something better exists that fits my use case?
>>
>>100167276
>that fits my use case?
i'm really skeptical about a 5600G being 'low power' unless you cap it at 35W otherwise wattage and temps will shoot up
not sure how much airflow you get out of the box, especially if you install 2x nvme drives and 2x sata as advertised, a quiet fan could solve it
there are barebones solutions cheaper or you could build it yourself with a itx board in a m/atx case and shove more drives there

just some random thoughts
>>
>>100159720
what kind of server
>>
>>100155929
>plex metadata
depending on which OS you use, plex metadata is stored at something like %appdata%localPlex Media Server on windows and /var/lib/plexmediaserver on ubuntu. stop both instances of plex, then copy "metadata", "media", "plugins", and "plug-in support" directories and contents from your current plex install at the directories I mentioned to the new plex install. when you start up the new plex install, it should pull in metadata from the files you copied
>>
File: 1689688071190733.png (990 KB, 1610x906)
990 KB
990 KB PNG
Asking for further clarification: can someone help me determine the exact differences between the ACAT and ACUT categories of mellanox network cards? At one point someone said one is for UEFI systems and the other isn't but is that true, and if so is that the long and short of it? Will ACAT cards not function at all on motherboards with a UEFI bios?
https://network.nvidia.com/files/doc-2020/pb-connectx-5-en-card.pdf
Specifically the MCX512A-ACAT or MCX512A-ACUT here
https://network.nvidia.com/files/doc-2020/pb-connectx-4-lx-en-card.pdf
or the choice of the MCX4111A-ACAT and MCX4111A-ACUT for this selection.
What are the detailed differences between these two types of cards?
Peace be with you /hsg/.
>>
>>100164183
The Pi 4 has wifi, so it should be able to connect to the printer provided the Pi and Printer are on the same wireless SSID/network. I don't see why that WOULDN'T work off the top of my head.
>>
>>100150199
Do these icybox 5 bay disk cage things just drop in to these cases? Specifically does anyone know if they drop into the rose will 4u case? I have the 15 bay version of the case right now and wouldn’t mind changing it to something like this, it’s a pain in the ass to swap a drive currently
>>
>>100170120
>Will ACAT cards not function at all on motherboards with a UEFI bios?
They likely would, but require enabling CSM in UEFI settings.
>>
File: 1695006575787409.jpg (338 KB, 1280x1742)
338 KB
338 KB JPG
>>100134049
Where else can I find quality server discussion?
>>
>>100134072
homelab for testing
>>
>>100170640
Nigga ur pic broke
>>
>>100168216
>i'm really skeptical about a 5600G being 'low power' unless you cap it at 35W
I was thinking of doing that (apparently you don't lose a huge amount of performance by capping it) but if you have suggestions for compatible lower TDP CPUs that would still provide decent performance I'm all ears
>>
File: fuckmeII.png (176 KB, 1703x560)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
>>100169349
12 bay supermicro. should have held out for a 36. but I think this will do just fine for a while.
>>
File: bloomer-chud.jpg (48 KB, 600x477)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>tfw new drive space
>>
>>100167276
Whats you use case?
>>
>>100173429
A bunch of stuff, it's hard to explain. Basically what I need is

>small form factor and relatively quiet so I can keep it in my living room
>low power consumption because it's gonna be running 24/7 and power is expensive here
>multiple SSD slots (at least 2) so I can easily expand and swap out storage when I need to without messing with the OS drive, I can use USB but it's not very reliable from my experience
>decent CPU performance, doesn't have to be a beast but I was using a NUC with an i3-8109U before and I want something more powerful
>>
>>100167276
>a 5600G, but it's a fairly old model at this point
I don't think you're gonna find anything much better, just don't get anything with a higher TDP than 65W. I'm running a completely passive heatsink on my 2400G (also 65W), if that's of any help.
>>
>>100173897
When I said it's an old model I was referring to the X300, it even needs a specific bios version that it's not guaranteed to come with to support that CPU
>>
File: 1614218351822.jpg (126 KB, 958x959)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>SSL still hasn't been enabled on my domain
oi wots all this then
>>
>wireguard on pfsense
>connecting from 4G/internet with always-on android VPN works fine
>connection is lost when connecting to home LAN on same firewall as wireguard, should have rules allowing connections to VPN from LAN interface on WG port
am I missing something? do I need split-horizon DNS?
>>
i have 2 devices capable of being 24/7 (an old pc and a xiaomi 4 dumb ap using openwrt) and an ip camera (all of them behind cgnat) and a vps with a public ip. how can i setup wireguard, ngrok, or whatever to have external access to that ip camera? please, keep in mind that i don't want it so that i have to connect my phone or laptop to wireguard/zerotier/whatever in order to see my camera (obviously, I don't mind the privacy concerns)
>>
File: 1520805396444.jpg (27 KB, 476x474)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
/hsg/ I own a domain with some hosting for cheap. I'm also unemployed. What's the best use of my website? I was thinking of a little "who I am" website for recruiters and then using my SSL certs in reverse proxy on the back end.
>>
File: we-just-dont-know.gif (817 KB, 250x250)
817 KB
817 KB GIF
>>100175348
I think split-horizon DNS solved it, no real clue why though
>>
Is a network speed of 939 Mbps acceptable for a home LAN?
>>
>>100175950
that's about what i have between pc and nas. could invest in nics but i just dont see the need for streaming media right now
>>
>>100175950
acceptable sure but not great
idk how long your cables are or what kind of gear you have though
if its cheap consumer crap + long runs then its expected
do you really care about the extra 30-40mbps you should be getting though
>>
>>100175965
Just noticed I have been using a 10+ years old ethernet cable between PC and router. Would I get full gigabit speed if I replace it with a brand new CAT7?
>>
>>100176012
i'm pretty sure iperf just counts the data bits not the header bits hence the delta. i think it's always supposed to be a little lower than line speed
>>
>>100176012
those readings are fine for gbit, you can enable jumbo frames to squeeze the rest of it out if all your hosts support them
>>
>>100170605
You know what's really funny? The two prominent examples of people dealing with this (ACATs on UEFI Mobos) are with the same line of motherboards I'm gonna end up buying. And you are correct, it's a big if if it will work at all, but they always need the UEFI firmware update on the card itself.
Thanks for the clarification anon.
>>
so how the fuck does QoS work? I don't have particularly great upload bandwidth (20mbit advertised, more like 18 at best in practice) so I don't want things like heavy nextcloud downloads and jellyfin streaming to clog connectivity for the whole house.
I've got an EdgeRouter Lite and I'm guessing the router is the best place to put a QoS system since everything is running through it to go to and from the internet, but what kind of implementation and settings should I use?
>>
>>100153898
No, piracy
>>
>>100170338
Yeah, theyre standard 5.25 inch bays. Should be able to put 3 in.
>>
>>100134049
How many years until I can locally host an AI gf that will cure my loneliness?
>>
>>100179018
You can do it already, they're a bit retarded, require high specs, and have a bunch of costs associated with them.
You can break the T&Cs, really reduce the requirements and costs by preventing them from phoning home. But if the cops find out it's at least 20 years prison.
>>
File: JBOD_mobile.jpg (23 KB, 560x400)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>100134049
I used to have unlimited storage on Google drive through their workspace platform, but the exploit I was taking advantage of (they said they had a storage limit but they really didnt) is no longer available and all of my 120tb+ of movies, TV, shows, anime, and music is gone. Which I'm OK with me because I knew it was coming. I was only using it to watch my stuff on plex and everything I had is replaceable.

Now I want to set up my own server, if that's even the right word to use. I currently have a 8tb hdd in my personal computer which is where i keep my movies and stuff. Ive always just used my windows pc as my plex server. But I'm quickly running out of storage and dont have any more room in my pc case for more HDDs and want to expand. My question is, why should I build a NAS and not just buy a JBOD and stick a few 22tb HDDs in it?

The JBOD would essentially just connect to my PC and be like an extension of my PC right? If I'm right, that seems super simple compared to having to buy and build a new pc with a different OS.
>>
>>100180982
did you copy and paste this? i swear i read this exact post like three months ago, if you are the same guy then how haven't you found a solution or followed any of the advice you were given in the last three months?
>>
>>100170120
you can probably cross-flash them, it probably doesn't matter much which you buy
>>
File: 1371479946181.jpg (10 KB, 251x248)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>100181486
I don't want that smoke G. I'll take plug-n-play any day, ya herd?
>>
>>100180982
JBOD has drawbacks like being slow as dog dick and having zero redundancy (dead drive = data gone)
you don't necessarily need a NAS to use RAID, though. Windows has limited support for software RAID mirrors, giving you faster and more reliable storage than just a disk on it's own.
>If I'm right, that seems super simple compared to having to buy and build a new pc with a different OS.
technically yes but it's about convinence not simplicity, they aren't the same thing.
having a dedicated NAS or server to run storage and plex meana you don't gice uo ajything on your desktop computer, and you can have it running while your desktop PC isn't - if you have an efficient NAS it can save you money on your power bills, enough to even cover the costs of the entire NAS in some cases.
it doesn't need to be an entire new computer in the sense of "ill just build another one of my desktops", you can get pre-made systems that are extremely efficient for only a hundred bucks or so depending on what you need.

look, the short answer is yes - you can just hook some drives to your system and store data like that. I don't even know why you bothered to ask this question because no fucking shit you fan do that. but it's a totally different thing to having a dedicated NAS. go do more of your own research into it and decide for yourself if it's worth it.

to be honest it seems like you're actually not interested in a NAS or server in the slightest and just want to start a conversation that'll go nowhere. as >>100181347 said i'm sure i've read this post or others like it a dozen times or more here, and they always amount to the poster saying "wow, a NAS sure sounds dumb when I can just put HDDs in my computer instead", aka being a dick and wasting everyones time.
>>
>>100173782
>>100172429
I would go find a intel 8500T/9500T/10400T off ebay, a matx board with nvme + 6 sata ports, a non-cheapo psu, with a nice full size case where all of this fits together and you get plenty of airflow with just 1 back fan, and everything will draw less watts than a 5600G setup, especially when idling, you will be surprised.
>>
File: 1710310165337127.jpg (112 KB, 1533x961)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
ease my autism real quick, is it worth the trouble of making an entirely free home server with librebooted hardware and all that? or should i just be normal and buy the regular stuff
>>
>>100181728
You can run your own firewall so librebooted is not quite worth it here considering you can use that money to buy hardware an order of magnitude better than librebooted.
>>
>>100181728
not really, a good firewall will solve most issues and as we've just seen, even open source stuff can be compromised without people knowing for years.
unless you make every part and write every line of code yourself, you cannot have 100% knowledge that it is secure or safe. you have to place your trust in someone else at some point, how far you trust is up to you.

usually it's better to find the software that gets the most eyes on it (which is typically open source anyway) and the hardware that has the most reliability. better to just stick to tried and true rather than worry about "what-ifs".
>>
>>100181727
I'd really like it to be SFF though

>I would go find a intel 8500T/9500T/10400T off ebay
Are modern intel CPUs actually efficient if you cap them to 35w? I noticed earlier there's a newer DeskMini B760 model and I could get an i3-12100 for it
>>
File: F_2GcOtbcAAgxRX.jpg (859 KB, 900x1424)
859 KB
859 KB JPG
Is it possible to install Truenas on an old Datto device?

I was just about to order the new Odroid when a friend told me he was upgrading and offered me his s3b3000. It currently has Windows server installed or something though, and I'm getting mixed signals searching on google for a clear answer, re: installing another OS.
>>
>>100181931
>Are modern intel CPUs actually efficient if you cap them to 35w?
you actually get the option toggle of capping that Ryzen in their bioses, with i3 12th gen you can only undervolt

check this out
https://forum.level1techs.com/t/in-the-pursuit-of-low-power-consumption-nas-with-alder-lake-12th-gen/188407

it's nice and you get a nice punch compared to previous (T) gens mentioned or a 5600G setup, but still less efficient power wise
>>
........I kinda want it.
>>
How do you guys handle your backups? I have 5 12tb external backup disks, but if I needed my backups and a bitflip happened on any single drive im fucked
>>
>>100178809
Nice. Looking into it more it appears there are also some cheaper options in the 3x5.25 to 5x3.5 as well that are basically the same thing. Some midrange for 100-150 from vendors like kingwin, silverstone, istarusa, that are a bit less resilient (2 sata power connectors instead of 3) or straight up cheap chink shit for like $60 that uses molex instead of sata power connectors. My psu doesn’t have enough molex to hook all that up and I don’t feel like getting a bunch of splitters involved plus the sketchy chinkshit probably isn’t the most trustworthy. There’s also a few places that still sell the rosewill hot swap bays and they’re actually the cheapest but also use molex and only hold 4 drives; I’ve got the case filled so that won’t work for me but if someone else has it worth looking there if you have <12 drives.
>>
Long Term Support for Ubuntu 24.04 "LTS" is delayed to start from 24.04.1 (August 15, 2024). Consider sticking with Ubuntu 22.04 LTS (cloud images & ISOs) on servers for now.
https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/noble-numbat-release-notes/39890/1
>>
>>100181347
>>100181347
Yeah it's probably me. I was just kind of looking into it before but I knew I had time before I ran out of storage space. And the more I looked into it, I realized that I probably don't really want or even need a NAS for my specific needs. So I'm asking again to see if my assumption is right.

>>100181620
I totally understand the idea of having a redundancy drive, but like I said, all I'm storing is movies and TV shows. And while it would suck to lose 22tb of stuff, I could always just download it again. I feel like people who have NASs are doing a lot more than just streaming movies... which is all I'm doing. I'm not doing any intense work on my PC and I'm not sharing my PLEX with anybody either. I'm just trying to understand what advantages I would have with a NAS over a JBOD and my PC. So far I've seen redundancy through RAID and faster storage speeds. But do I need fast speeds if I'm just storing and streaming movies? Just seems like overkill for me and for anybody else who's ONLY just steaming movies through plex.

Also seems much more expensive as far as HDDs go. Wouldn't I need to buy two (2) 22tb HDDs for a NAS if I wanted redundancy? and if one fails I would have to buy a third? so I'm spending $600+ on 22tb of storage when I could have 64tb of storage (with no redundancy) with a JBOD. also couldn't I just use something like backblaze to backup all of my stuff? it's only $9 a month. which I probably wouldn't do anyway since like I said, everything is unimportant to me. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>100184438
>>100184383
>>100184175
>>100184170
>>100184121

new thread you guys

>>100184497

>>100184497

>>100184497

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.