[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: earthworms.jpg (385 KB, 1200x1200)
385 KB
385 KB JPG
How safe to handle are earthworms? I'm not retarded so I know they're not openly venomous or anything worse than being slimy, but let's imagine I'm a dumbass 4 year old and putting them on my face like I'm fear factor. Am I going to get pinkeye or have some kind of weird allergic reaction to their slime? Or are they really completely harmless, beyond whatever might come with the residual dirt they were found in?
>>
>>4790879
most wild animals outside have some manner of parasites, but for the most part they're specific to either the animal they're in or the animals that eat the animals they're in.
That said, dirt is fucking cirty, and a great deal of it is composed of decaying plants matter and the shit of the animals that eat said plant matter, so if you get up getting sick don't come bitching to me.
>t. got stung by about 7 yellowjackets that were digging a nest in my yard and while the sting symptoms only lasted a day or so I had HORRENDOUS diarrhea for nearly a week after that, little fucking dirtballs.
>>
>>4790879
It's good for kids to get out and dirty. Challenges and adapts the immune system. If you don't allow exposure to a normal microbial environment, it'll develope all kinds of allergies and get sick all the time from things that would never bother a child that gets properly dirty. Exhibit A: >>4790928
>>
>>4790879
I imagine getting their slime into your ear isn’t going to be a fun time but whether that’s because of the slime itself or the dirt that would naturally come with it is… anyone’s guess

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.