[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>*hisses*
>*spreads wings*
>*chases after you*
>*curbstomps your head into a bloody pulp*
why are they like this?
>>
>>4788895
They know who's a bitch.
>>
>>4788895
Better question is why are people so afraid of those goofy fucks? Saw the video of an old man grabbing an aggressive goose by the neck and throwing it off and I've wanted to try that ever since
>>
File: 478155445.webm (3.54 MB, 854x480)
3.54 MB
3.54 MB WEBM
>>4788895
They're scared of dogs and assertive people.
>>
I walked straight through a flock of about a dozen this morning on my way to the supermarket. At the nearest point, I was less than three feet/one meter from the nearest one and practically surrounded by them while I continued my walk through the group.
They didn't give a shit and just continued eating whatever they were eating in the grass.
For some reason, animals don't mind my presence at all and people seem to think I'm their fucking buddy.
A homeless guy started talking to me as I walked home with my shopping. He spoke about all sorts of things, like his time at the shelter, how happy he is that he finally got a copy of his birth certificate, that he'll be getting his social security card in his PO box any day now, that Foreman Mills is currently selling hoodies for $5 each, someone sneaked forty dollars out of his pocket while he slept so he keeps his money in s pocket on the inside of his hoodie now, that he doesn't talk to a friend of his anymore because he needed a gun and the friend wouldn't get him one because of the guy he shot last time (did this dude just confess to a murder or, at least, an attempted one?) and that I look like a trouble maker even though I'm actually nice and the only person who's had a conversation with him in weeks.
I was surprised he didn't ask for money or food and only asked me to look up when the rain is going to start, what bus to take some place and if I'd minded if he walked with me since I'm going in that direction.
>>
>>4788974
thanks for sharing?
>>
>>4788895
I got chased by one once. They give up after a few seconds. I was gonna stand my ground and see what would happen but people were watching and I didn’t want to be seen as the guy who punches out geese in case it tried to attack me
>>
>>4788974
I know what you mean about having people randomly talk to you. I played counselor to some dyke for over a year for some reason when we just happened to work the same job. It's so bizarre.
>>
>>4788895
>>4788901
old grandma
https://youtu.be/srC9irH4aLA?si=bQJkMNpCvwE_uakb
>>
File: 20240420_073354.jpg (3 MB, 4000x1868)
3 MB
3 MB JPG
There's a pair of wild geese that nest on an old shed on our property just about every year, hatch out their babies, spend maybe a day on the pond, then go walking off to wherever they actually raise them. They've learned I won't mess with them and are super chill with me, even walking within five feet of me with their babies. Pretty novel to see the process play out every year.
>>
>>4788901
I'm not scared of them. I'm scared that I will get caught a fined, because for some reason they are protected.
>>
>>4788974
>>4789079
Do you guys not know how to make excuses or fake phone calls or just say no or something?
>>
>>4789291
>just say no
No question I could answer that way was asked besides if I'd mind if Mr Homeless Man would walk with me, which I wouldn't. Also, I wouldn't fake a phonecall to avoid talking. I know this sounds dumb because people don't really give half a fuck about religion but I'm a Quaker so that sort of dismissive, lying behaviour would really bother me to do, especially without any good reason and I really don't have any base experience doing that sort of thing to be able to pull it off convincingly, I wouldn't think.
Plus, what's ten minutes of polite listening in the grand scheme of things?
I'm sorry if I gave the impression that he was a hassle, it's more about bewilderment. I don't understand what it is about my demeanor that makes people find me approachable.
>>
>>4789361
You mean like the oatmeal guy?
>>
>>4788974
It might be because you're a meandering chatterbox yourself. Holy shit what a long post about nothing. Entirely irrelevant to the thread.

>>4789361
And then you did it again. Anon, how are you this unaware of yourself. This is like watching a cat look in the mirror.
>>
>>4789369
Quakers don't dress like that.
>>4789451
>meandering chatterbox yourself
I said nothing to the man to initiate the conversation and nothing to egg it onward.
I didn't ask about his social security card or birth certificate or what the conditions are like at the shelter nor where he should keep his money etc.
>>
>>4788895
Just kick them? Who cares
>>
>>4789451
Not him but I found it interesting, I think some people just appear approachable and friendly enough, same kind of shit happens to me and animals also love me for no reason
Maybe bums are closer to wild animals than they are to homo sapiens
>>
File: 1670756204021426.webm (1.18 MB, 720x1126)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB WEBM
>>4789498
>>
>>4789369
My first thought too kek
>>4789451
Can’t believe that’s a real post
>>
>>4789542
Holy fuck. Its neck just completely collapsed. The other one is in straight up shock. This is the folly of evolutionary bird brain I guess. Thought the bluff was gonna work on a much larger animal and didn’t account for the worst happening.
>>
>>4789369
>>4789369
>You mean like the oatmeal guy?
>My first thought too kek
Quakers practically invented America, bruh, and are the only religion guaranteed a special privilege in the Constitution according to Articles I, II and VI.
They and Moravians are the only religions other than CoE given special privilege in British Law, too.

>>4789542
If it died, I hope it was eaten. It would otherwise be a waste of a perfectly good goose.
>>
>>4790001
Damn. Maybe I should become one
>>
>>4790001
i fucking hate quakers, youre the reason why criminals arent punished
>>
>>4788895
goose feet typed this post
>>
>>4789542
Fucking lol. The horse didnt even stop walking. Bird fag would be dust if it was a full kick
>>
>>4789542
I mean, what did it think was going to happen

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.