[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

It's not uncommon to hear people say that animals must have souls because clearly their dog, cat, horse or whatever has a distinct personality, emotions they can understand and relate to and so on. But if that's the case where do you draw the line? At cattle? Reptiles? Fish? Insects and other invertebrates? Amoebas?
>>
File: 1630763297250.jpg (69 KB, 1024x768)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>
File: 1709647119778.gif (1.22 MB, 326x244)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB GIF
we just don't know
if you truly realize that, and what it implies, then all you can do is try your best
>>
Same applies to humans and proto-humans as well. I asked the question a few times and the answers are always like "oh, god gave them human souls when homo erectus or homo sapiens appeared". Yeah, well, these species didn't pop fully formed into existence, it was a continuum over generations whereas you'd think an immortal soul is a fairly yes/no thing.
>>
>>4780568
I think people say "soul" as a way to describe something they're attached to. You can raise a calf as a pet and you'll see a soul in it.
People claim certain animals don't have souls to justify killing and eating them.
>>
>>4780568
Souls dont exist. Neither does the hebrew god.

Animals have varying levels of cognition and comprehension. The less of each, the more convenient it is to eat them. Cattle farmers can slaughter cows in the same pasture as the others without issue. Dog farmers have to keep animals bound and caged, preferably individually, prior to slaughter, because the dogs often attack the butcher if they do not just try to escape. Which animal are we going to eat?
>>
>>4780609
also cows transform stuff we cant eat into food we can eat, dogs cant survive on grass
>>
>>4780568
No animals have souls. Souls are a human trait and almost certainly angelic trait, allowing for one to have free will, AKA gives you the ability to make choices. Animals are more "automatic" and cannot sin, therefore they have no soul.
>>
>>4781170
There is more of an argument for animal free will than for human free will because we are the only animal with a split brain, only half of which can speak (including to itself)
>but muh religion
Recounts total non-history, shit that provably did not happen, and calls it the word of god. It was made up by schizophrenics who thought the man in the sky told them to cut the tips of their dicks off.
>>
>>4780568
Even rocks and inanimate objects have souls.

>>4781171
We get it reddit religion bad, you can fuck off now you have school in the morning.
>>
>>4781170
>Souls are a human trait
Where are they stored?
>>
>>4781287
>Even rocks and inanimate objects have souls
Based and shintopilled
>>
>>4781287
>we get it religion bad
Yes it is, because it causes people to just make ahit up about the nature of reality and claim those who disagree are out to get them. Religion is a schizo empowerment and normie distraction tool.

There are no souls. We made the word up to describe something that isn't there, like a child making monsters from shadows. The universe is purely mechanical. Grow up.
>>
File: IMG_5945.jpg (852 KB, 1170x1552)
852 KB
852 KB JPG
>>4780568
As stated in genesis man was specifically created to have dominion over and steward all animals.
I personally view that each animal is special, beautiful, and created to praise and honor the god of heaven and earth. And it is my job as a human to steward that properly.
That doesn’t mean le veganinsm, as God is the first hunter, as he killed two beasts to provide clothing for Adam and Eve, providing that as an example that we are permitted to utilize our dominion over creatures to fill our needs. I do believe we should flee from unnecessary taking of life even though we are higher beings than animals.
The word of god never speaks on afterlife of an animal, but my personal belief is that heaven will appear as Eden, with all animals existing in harmony.

The practical transalation of my beliefs makes it so animals should be honored, and cared for. But as humans we are permitted to consume, domesticate, or leave alone to any animal we should choose. However we should always pray and ask for guidance before commiting any such acts with an animal. And give thanks after the fact.

>>4780576
If you want to go by a biblical timeline. Souls were given to man the second they were created.
Scientific timeline. About 50k years ago. When art started showing up in caves, gravesites were created, jewelry was worn. There is no explanation for all those behaviors appearing at once other than humans being granted souls and dominion.

>>4780609
>>4781171
>>4782517
Le tips fedora
I am praying for you, that you may be accepted into the everlasting fold of Christ
>>
>>4782832
Nothing stated in the lieble is fact. If the bible is the word of god, every error is either not an error, or the bible is not the word of god.

Given all of genesis, exodus, numbers, etc is rife with total non-facts the book of matthew contains ancient political slander, and the entire new testament is a fictional biography written 200 years after the schizo priest died, either your god is playing an overcomplicated trick, or your priests simply made it all up.

Only ONE religion on earth actually aligns with proven facts
Buddhism
Simply because it does not claim to know anything about anything where it might be incorrect, and asks that you don't either.
>>
>>4782832
>be christcuck schizo shilling your dick cutting, woman stoning, goat torturing, nature destroying religion on an animals board
>write tldr post because you're fat and wouldnt get up from your chair anyways
https://www.purdue.edu/uns/html4ever/1998/9803.Ferraro.fat.html
>>
religion is mass schizophrenia
>>
>>4782832
If you want to understand how fucking stupid your religion is
>The word of god never speaks on afterlife of an animal, but my personal belief is
You are stating something based on a specific translation, and adding your own opinion, and hoping your imaginary god is ok with it.

But his original word was in hebrew, which rather clearly refers to animals as having the same word for soul/being as adam. If a lack of explicit statement means animals do not go to heaven... at no point was it explicitly stated that women received souls. Then you have the catholics, pilpulling over the different ways 15 different writers referred to the soul to try and imagine a technicality where animals only have a "spirit" and only humans have a "soul" engaging in something that borders on the same gnostic heresy they once murdered people over (so much for that covenant, ah but wait, technically in a translation of the translation which is divine because if it were not god would surely smite it although god does not surely smite other heresies thats our job well actually actually but if.... what a schizo clusterfuck).

>Scientific timeline. About 50k years ago. When art started showing up in caves, gravesites were created, jewelry was worn. There is no explanation for all those behaviors appearing at once other than humans being granted souls and dominion.
There is an explanation for those behaviors. Significantly advanced brains developed to accumulate enough culture that the culture became widespread and frequent enough to begin reliably making it into the archaeological record. Elephants also have gravesites, just because their brains got good enough and have been that way for long enough for them to maintain a culture. It's a lot like how wolves pass down prey preferences and hunting techniques, just with more layers of thought.
>>
>>4782832
>Scientific timeline. About 50k years ago. When art started showing up in caves, gravesites were created, jewelry was worn.
Neanderthal buried their dead and probably used pigments and clothes. Did they have half-souls or something?
>>
>>4782832
This.
>>4782851
It never speaks on if angels live in heaven or someplace else either. The Bible is a how to guide on spiritual salvation not an answer key on everything.
>>4780568
Genesis states (hu)men were kicked out of Eden, later a donkey speaks to a king, and throughout the Bible it states that you should care for animals (do not muzzle the ox in Leviticus, Genesis ofc and Christ stating you should save an animal from a pit even if on the Sabbath day). No where does it state that animals don't have souls, Genesis heavily implies it, and common sense says they have certain level of understanding and thinking.

Yes animals have souls. Not sure if insects do or not. Don't know where the line is drawn.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29 KB, 480x360)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>
File: IMG_5839.jpg (221 KB, 1170x1061)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
>>4782839
Bible is all true, sorry :/
>>4782840
Ad homonym
>>4782851
Divinely inspired Translation + personal revelation = based takes
The Hebrew references the life/being, not the natures. Flesh and spirit, Bible only references animals being creatures of the flesh.
Also Elephants or wolves don’t make art, not saying animals cannot have empathy, that their that they have not been given the godly gifts of creation and dominion that humans have
>>4782893
Yes. No I will not elaborate.
>>4782908
There are quite a few descriptions of heaven seen throughout the Bible. Most of them including angels.

Either all animals have souls or none do. Every creeping thing (ie bugs) are always lumped in with animal descriptions.
Would ere on the side that they have some form of metaphysical existence, whether that is a soul or not I do not have those answers
>>4782960
Yes, will elaborate if you ask
>>
>>4780568
If that animal bonded with a human, it goes to heaven with that person. If that animal didn't bond with a human, it goes to the heaven of its species.
>>
>>4780568
All mammals have souls, simple as
>>
>>4782839
>it’s the buddhist schizo again
you know they preach about souls too right
>>
>>4783017
>"Either all animals have souls or none do. Every creeping thing (ie bugs) are always lumped in with animal descriptions."
Yes good point. So I believe bugs do have souls.
>>
File: b42.gif (1.56 MB, 326x300)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB GIF
>>4782832
Based, blessed post
>>4782840
Malding redditor
>>
File: IMG_5836.jpg (163 KB, 1170x998)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>4784946
Thanks brother. Based In the gospel of Christ is the only way to be based. Glad we have some Christ followers on the board for celebrating gods creation.
>>
File: Scr.jpg (54 KB, 680x516)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>Thanks brother. Based In the gospel of Christ is the only way to be based. Glad we have some Christ followers on the board for celebrating gods creation.
>>
i think animals may have souls but would you suck a log of shit out of andy sixx's ass?
>>
>>4785144
only good post itt
>>
>>4785142
Im Baptist retard
>>
>>4785151
Because god made animals and nature.
And Christians pretty much invented the science of biology
>>
>>4782832
Based

Christ is King, God created everything and we must protect it
>>
>>4785177
who created god then ?
>>
File: IMG_5430.png (1.48 MB, 750x1334)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB PNG
>>4785171
>>4785178
Because muh epic Greeks looked at stuff and were almost right! The invented, le science!!!!
Cmon, if your going to claim that at least go as far to say Assyria and Babylonia originated biology.
It wasn’t until Saint Albertus Mangus came along that biology became what we know today. And practically every single discovery of actual significance in the field was Christian, the Greeks and their 4 humors can take a hike.
>>4785179
>brainlet atheist cannot understand concepts said by god about himself
>always has been
>always will be
>before all, I am
It really is not that difficult to understand far reaching concepts like that. Where did god come from shouldn’t even be a question. It’s like asking where did the hot soup of particles before the Big Bang come from.
>>4785180
Begone heretic
>>4785177
Amen, go in peace brother
>>
>>4785151
I think one of these guys recently got rangebanned from /his/
>>
>>4785149
no, it’s not
>>
>>4785163
>>4785171
>>4785193
Greeks didn’t invent “biology” but they did pioneer the roots of zoology, taxonomy, and the science of classifying organisms, it can be traced back to Aristotle’s wide breadth of work on the subject, including Historia Animalium, where he established that organisms can be recognized as “groups” when all members possess the same set of distinguishing features - for example, all birds have the universal characteristics of wings, beaks, feathers, and so on. It’s about as close as we have to the first scientific definition of species.
>>
>>4785142
you can almost smell the room this was made in
>>
>>4782832
I hate religion threads usually but you're okay
>>
>>4782832
Laughing at all the retards "this"-ing this post
>>
>>4785307
>"This is literally you, dude."
>"Uhhh, ermm, uuuuuuh, YOU'RE GROSS!!!"
Thank you for conceding :)
TradLARPS stay LARPing.
>>
File: IMG_5369.jpg (257 KB, 750x739)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
>>4785203
Wow! You made the same post twice, and then added an insult. Do you want a gold star?
>>4785305
That brings me back to my points that practically every other culture and religion up to that point had done that. Babylonia was renowned for their grasp of genectics in creating livestock, Assyria and Persia had cataloged different kinds of beasts. And heck, even the Pentateuch, which scholars agree even if it was not written by Moses, predated Aristotle by at least 200 years and mentions “Kinds” in that regard.
I have no opposition to the fact that humans are generally curious and extremely intelligent. But my argument is that until the church started funding research of the natural world, all news was old news at that point. Science as as we know it is a Christian institution no matter which way you slice the orange.
>>4785390
Thanks bro, truthfully I really don’t like them either and try not to reply to them as it generally turns into name calling and slander. But i believe all people are deserving of at least a chance to express their points in a productive way. And also I feel that since this thread is on topic to /an/ and specifically addresses animals and pets in the afterlife, it is appropriate to discuss religious topics and how they are relevant to the board.
>>4785393
Thanks for the (you)
>>
>>4785447
Did you make that ‘meme’? Unless you did I don’t see why you’re offended. Not even Christian but it just reeks of seethe
>>
>>4785461
>That brings me back to my points that practically every other culture and religion up to that point had done that.
Not nearly to the same consistently detailed extent and not nearly as accurately. Yes, the idea of naming and classifying stuff has taken place since the dawn of communication (“don’t eat those berries, they’re poisonous”) but Aristotelian taxonomy was literally in use throughout all of the Medieval, Renaissance, and Early Modern periods because it was so efficient. Hell, lots of his distinctions, like vertebrate and invertebrate, are still in use today, and it wasn’t until the Early Modern period that taxonomy became advanced or original enough to replace the works of Aristotle with Linnaeus, not touching the rest of that because I didn’t argue anything about it, just pointing out this stuff started out definitively with the Greeks.
>>
>>4785461
>Thanks for the (you)
You're welcome, troll, I know attention gives you fulfillment.
>>
File: img.png (47 KB, 500x295)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
>>4780568
All things have souls, even rocks and rivers
>>
>>4780568
Only humans have souls
>>
>>4785488
based
>>
How do you retards not get tired of the same disingenuous "jokes" day in and day out?
>>
>>4782832
The fedora/reddit defense is ridiculous. You're demanding others believe in obviously fake shit. That's all of it. There's nothing special here. It's just as bad as cutting off your penis and demanding to be called a woman. Nobody is gonna shame me into accepting their gaslighting. Not religious retards who can't cope with the world without their fragile beliefs, not crying guys in drag, not corporations telling me I need their product, not politicians saying I should be terrified of trivialities. It's all fucking bullshit. All of it. You're a bullshitter. You're shoveling it out in paragraphs of nonsense. Calling out unironic liars and manipulators is not cringe, it's a public service. So take the le fedora papering and shove it up your ass.
>>
>>4786751
It's one guy arguing with himself.
>>
>>4785638
how did Balaam's donkey see the angel, and why did god grand the donkey the ability to speak to Balaam in Numbers 22:21-39 if animals have no souls?
>>
File: IMG_5474.jpg (240 KB, 750x681)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>>4786855
I have no problem with atheists at all, one of gods greatest gifts to humanity was that of free will and you have the right to pick what you believe. Heck, I was atheist for a good majority of my life. I have no demand for you to convert to my religion, just an invitation.

Le fedora tippers are the type of atheists who demand everyone to convert to their religion, especially when it is uncalled for. Such as in a thread about souls..

Everyone had faith about something. Many choose to put your faith in the current scientific agreement. Even more choose to put their faith in gods or a Big G God. Meeting any beliefs with aggression and schizoposting about trannies is not really a public service.

Praying for your soul my friend
>>
File: StChristopher.jpg (21 KB, 322x281)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>enters the chat
>>
Souls don't exist. Everything, rocks, bacteria, animals, humans all share the same soul.
>>
>>4787078
so we’re all collectively going to hell? that doesn’t sound fair
>>
>>4786855
>The fedora/reddit defense is ridiculous.
I mean, there’s definitely truth to it
>>
>>4786938
>Uncalled for! how dare you!
Christianity actively lies about simple, proven facts like the age of the earth, the origin of life, and even relatively recent history, and there's nothing in scripture that actually disallows the OT punishments. You people really are an active threat to facts, civility and the ongoing abortion bullshit in the US is just you showing your true nature.

What's next, flat earth and young earth creationism in schools? Stoning faggots is also currently allowed, as turn the other cheek referred to interpersonal disputes, and thou shalt not kill translated properly only refers to unjust, unholy killings.
>Even more choose muh yahweh!
It's rather well correlated with poor intelligence. Again, you are an active threat to simple civility. It takes very little for the religion of peace to start say, tracking women who try and skirt religiously motivated abortion laws to punish them for daring to voluntarily terminate a mere zygote.

Sure, philosophy is dead, but christianity is no substitute. You are, if the atheists and nonchristian deists drop your chains, as bad as islam and eager to return to violent fundamentalism.
>>
>>4787094
>there's truth to it
The actual truth to it is christians are statistically more likely to be poor and obese than atheists.

>poor
>fat
>dumb
>violent
>want to track down and punish women who terminate brainless fish-things instead of creating children they can't care for
Yeah. They're cancer. I don't care if their answer is "so you'd rather have fags and trannies!" because it seems every other church is ok with those when they feel like turning the other cheek.
>>
>>4787105
I'm sorry your mom dragged you off the xbone once a week anon.
>>
File: IMG_5872.jpg (221 KB, 1170x1132)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
>>4787102
>>4787105
Who mentioned abortion in this thread? LMAO.
I’m sorry that the nes you read has painted Christians in such a bad light to you that you need to make the mother of all strawman to even begin to argue with me. Not once have you asked my beliefs to infer anything about where I stand on any of those topics you mentioned. Simply stating that I’m a danger to civility and life because of the big bad Christian you see on social media.

I really have no hard feelings towards you, and would even love to debate some of the topics you have mentioned. But I have a feeling that I would be met with more strawmen and your own personal opinions about a people group you haven’t even done any research into let alone know.

I honestly can say you are blinded by hatred, and i feel sorry for you, and will continue my prayers for you. So that you may soften your heart and be able to view others for what they are. People. People who have lives, and jobs, and kids, and families, and problems, and every other thing that you experience. But so so different. People don’t just wake up one day and believe something that you “know” to be crazy. Their whole life led them to those things.

TLRD: people are more than just walking opinions. And you have become a bigot, the exact thing you claim to hate, because you can’t see that
>>
>>4787168
>bold of you to assume i follow my religion!
>b-bigot ;_;
Anyways, the point is, you get hostility when you shill christy creationist nonsense for a lot of very good reasons, fatso. It's been a genuinely evil influence in life for a lot of people. Keep that shit on /x/ with mothman and the cosmic death fungus.

This is a thread about comparative neurobiology.
>>
File: IMG_6029.jpg (176 KB, 1170x828)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>4787178
Read the Bible.
Provide me sources for what you said. And in sure I could provide you red verses (stuff Jesus was specifically attributed to saying) to either clarify or fulfill your problems with god.

If you really want to understand and argue in good faith I’m all for it. But all I’ve seen are strawmen and whining.
>>
>>4787182
Stop preaching your shitty cult on /an/ schizo
>>
File: 1685702121404436.png (415 KB, 1079x1140)
415 KB
415 KB PNG
>>4780568
Everything comes from souls.
>Reptiles? Fish? Insects Amoebas?
All of these have group souls meaning many individuals from the same soul. Millions of insects can be one incarnation of a soul.
This is a well known topic, mediums/psychics often talk about it and I am one of them.
>>
>>4787192
It keeps getting dumber

Bro, "soul" is just humans guessing something has familiar intelligence and emotions
>>
>>4787181
>>4787178
So nice you replied twice.

Funny you should mention evil, from your point of view, what is good and evil, and why has Christianity fallen on that side of your coin?
>>
>>4787193
People who have no clue use various definitions. Soul is perfect and untouchable.
>>
>>4780568
Everything has a soul. Dogs have a soul. Plants have a soul. Little bitty bacteria have a soul, for their entire 24-hour lifespan. God created life, and gave everything a soul.
>>
>>4787105
Heres some actual stats. Who could have guessed the group that rejects the infinite brilliance and beauty of the creator kill themselves the most? You are no better than the fags and trannies to be honest
>>
Here's a little secret. You don't need religion to be a violent human hell bent on the subjugation of others. Religion is an convenient excuse for violence, not the cause of the violence. By pretending to believe something that you don't really believe, you can justify whatever violence you like. And once you have enough power to wield more violence than your enemies, you can drop religion altogether and simply have religion-neutral thugs willing to kill for you.

Those who hurt others in the name of religion might technically really believe in their god, but they don't really care about their god - they're so selfish that they'd take any excuse to hurt the people they hate. If their religion told them in no uncertain terms that they were not allowed to subjugate those they hate, then they would not follow that religion at all, or would willfully misinterpret or branch it off entirely.
>>
>>4787349
>those Muslim suicide rates
Holy shit how??
>>
>>4787428
It seems be from the 80s and doesn’t say what countries it’s from
>>
>>4787349
Not gonna lie the graph is a little suspicious dog.
Source:?
Sample size:?
Rate per 100k:? (Of total population? Sub catagory?)
Total:? Of what?
>>
File: IMG_6031.jpg (513 KB, 1170x1323)
513 KB
513 KB JPG
>>4787716
>>4787428
Agreed sussy graph
>>4787719
More straw men, dude get over it, just because your life sucks doesn’t mean every one else’s does. There is actually a proven correlation between believing in a higher power and reduced rates of depression and suicide.
>>4787721
>>4787724
LMAO dude is talking about Jews.
Jesus came and fulfilled the old law, abolished stoning, and put two commandments in place rather than 10.
1: Love god
2: Love your neighbor like yourself
You are talking about talamudic Zionism, not Christianity.
>>4787727
>Suicide correlates with high intelligence
You are missing a few steps there bucko
>high intelligence correlates with pride
>pride correlates with godlessness
>godlessness correlates with depression and suicide
There, fixed it for ya

Also about that whole president pope thing. Again, I’m babtist, pope is not a mouthpiece of god. Would rather have someone who doesn’t claim to be something their not in office
>>
>>4787756
>bla bla bla im fat listen to me ramble dont look at what people actually do
Hail Satan
>>
>Animals have so-
*Proves you wrong by existing*
Your move, you overemotional round eared meatbag.
>>
File: mono_Jodo.gif (2.26 MB, 499x499)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB GIF
We used to have these threads on /x/. Now it's just /pol/-lite.

The first thing we must do is define what a soul is.

To me the soul it's consciousness: I think, therefore I am. All matter/energy is conscious to a varying degree. In fact, it always varies depending on what one is doing or not doing. For example, my consciousness may be lower while I drive home but higher when talking with a person. As such, there is a base level consciousness and a max level based on species or corporeal composition. As far as we know, Homo sapiens have the highest degree of consciousness/soul both base level and max level: I wish I had better terms, but these will have to do. Other forms, such as our cousins like Chimps, Bonobos, Pongo also have great levels of consciousness and potential compared to something like a rat or a bearded dragon. The two aforementioned creatures do not need high levels of either base or max consciousness because their lifespans are too short and they lack the general purpose to "evolve" a soul/consciousness: That doesn't mean that they couldn't just develop one for teh lulz. The same goes for a lot of Homo sapiens, but that's more of a learned behavior: Monkey see, monkey indoctrinated, monkey do. I draw a lot of parallels between the lack of consciousness/soul and the concept of "Princess Syndrome" or "Little Emperor Syndrome". A person "suffering" such and forth has very little need to develop a consciousness/soul as all their needs and desires are immediately met with no logic, honor, or empathy: There are Homo sapiens among us that are akin to insects in regards to their level of consciousness/soul.

To answer succinctly, all energy/matter has a soul/consciousness. The degree of strength of such depends on corporeal composition, and in certain species, the battle between nature v. nurture. I do not draw a line. But I do have more compassion/respect for creatures that have a base level consciousness near or higher than mine because I am flawed.
>>
>>4787789
My favorite /x/tard theory was that eating other lifeforms was how you grew your soul and meat eating parents would pass on a little soul to their offspring, which meant vegans were NPC factories
>>
>>4787756
>>high intelligence correlates with pride
>>pride correlates with godlessness
Wrong, the most prideful people in the world are blacks and they also have the lowest IQs
>>
>>4787756
>believing that ending your life on your own terms results in eternal hellfire lowers suicide rates
Yes, by preventing the people dumb enough to believe that from dying.

If people werent that dumb we would have never had lynch mobs and witch hunts either.
>>
File: 1000004592.jpg (19 KB, 460x345)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>4787791
>/x/tard theory was that eating other lifeforms was how you grew your soul.
Anon, that's just Chinese culture. I say this with no bigotry or hate. In Chinese culture, it is said that the rarity the animal and inflicting suffering/pain not only improves the taste of the meat, but also releases more qi (chi/energy) for the eater leading to beneficial effects. It's why the Chinese peoples continue to eat live mice, torch/cook dogs alive, and feast on bat soup.
>>
>>4787721
And they would do the same without god too. Religion is a convenient excuse for hatred and violence, not its cause. The hatred embedded into their book is not pulled from some religious aether from which all hate derives. The hate comes from raw instinct.
>>
File: IMG_5381.jpg (83 KB, 707x580)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>4787767
All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of god is like the core teneant of Christianity. Christians can do bad things as well as those who claim to be Christ followers and atheists, the difference is Christians are accepted into the fold of Christ, and forgiveness on their sins. Just because someone believes in something doesn’t mean they are perfect no matter what that belief may be.
>>4787796
Bell curve. Intellegence isn’t the only cause of pride. The blacks godlessness leads them into fornification and murder.
>>4787798
Catholic/muslim belief. Nowhere in the Bible does it say suicide is a ticket to hell.

Also I said depression. Not suicide. so even if people did believe suicide=hell that wouldn’t explain the lower depression rates.
>>4787791
Reminds me of the one where they say the only way a person can have a soul is if a woman orgasms during conception. I bust my gut reading those threads every time.
>>
File: 1697137898797888.png (757 KB, 720x870)
757 KB
757 KB PNG
>do animals have souls
Depends on your theology, atheists (being the kings of midwits) don't believe in souls at all so that's a given. But

>Christianity
No
>Judaism
No
>Islam
No
>Hinduism / Sikh
Yes, animals have souls. Some animals are more revered than others like cows.
>Buddhism
Don't believe in eternal souls but animals can become enlightened
>>
>>4787870
We got a world religions major here guys!
>>
>>4787721
If you didn’t say Bible I would’ve sworn you were talking about Muslims because they do all of those things already but I think I can venture a guess that you don’t feel the same way about them
>>
>>4787724
>the crusades
Now I’m very curious what you think the Crusades were
>>
>>4787799
>I say this with no bigotry or hate.
I do. It’s patently retarded and deserves to be called out as such.
>>
>>4787789
>Now it's just /pol/-lite.
Better than leftypol-lite
>>4787791
>>4787831
Kek based /x/
>>
>>4786938
No you retard, having faith in the scientific process is not the same as having faith in god. One frequently yields accurate predictions and results, and has dramatically improved our lives, the other is cringe larpers who cry about their dad working for nintendo in every dispute. See, this is why your lying is such a fucking brain parasite. You don't even know what faith is. You're incapable of understanding because you're totally mindfucked. I have faith the sun will rise tomorrow. I have faith that gravity will keep the Earth together. I have faith in my friends and family, that we'll look after each other. I have no faith in religion because it's all straight bullshit which feeds on the lives of humans and only pretends to give things in return. Praying is the ultimate parasocial activity. At least trying to get into a streamer's pants has greater than 0 probability of success. People who put their highest faith in obviously untrue things are either idiots, crazy, or scammers, and in a more perfect world we'd be teaching kids how to defend themselves against the manipulation tactics of religions (skills which are useful against many kinds of scammer).

This thread was made by an idiot and you are an idiot. You don't get any respect just from being all cordial and claiming we're on equal footing. We aren't. You are pushing bullshit, your beliefs are simply wrong, and this thread is off topic. There are no souls. It's make believe. Fuck off.
>>
File: IMG_5861.jpg (607 KB, 1170x1093)
607 KB
607 KB JPG
>>4788107
I could say the same about prayer. I genuinely get results from reading the Bible, pondering gods word, and praying. But you wouldn’t know since you have never tried with genuine intention.

Would also like to say the faith is exactly the same. You have absolutely no proof for anything that happened pre invention of the camera. You choose to believe that history as you know it isn’t some completely made up fabrication. Or even as far as to say that the universe did not come into existence in it’s entirely the second you were born. Sure, you have evidence supporting the contrary, but you could never 100 percent be sure of it. Your worldview, wether you like it or not, is based entirely on trusting what other people say. Supported by what you can observe. And that goes for everyone.

I completely understand where you are coming from though, I grew up in a genuine cult. And because of that i was atheist for quite a while, i believed as far as people who make their kids go to church should go away for child abuse. But there was always something missing in my life, so i tried all forms of spirituality from paganism to x tard crap. Then one day I was in a situation that I didn’t think I could get out of. And out of instinct I prayed and gave my soul to Christ. From that day on I haven’t felt any of the anxiety, depression, hatred, fear, or doubt that I did when I tried any other form of belief system. Seeing my life before and after god could single handedly prove to me he is real. But he has given me so many other miracles to show me how loved I am!

As I said earlier in the thread. I’m praying for each one of you who feel such sting hatred toward the idea of God and his followers. That one day he could reach your heart in the way he reached mine
>>
>>4780569
fuggy
>>
>>4780568
Of course they do. They're alive aren't they.
>>
>>4787831
Now you're just making excuses for yourself to sin.
>Duuuuh, we do bad tihngs but it okay cuz God sed were gud guiys!11 :)))))
Hail Satan.
>>
>>4788107
>>4788133
Tldr
>nooo stop bullying my bronze age cult that's diametrically opposed to animals and nature!
HAIL SATAN! ALL BOW TO THE ONLY TRUE GOD TO EVER EXSIT, LUCIFER!

>>>/pol/
>>
>>4788133
>Would also like to say the faith is exactly the same. You have absolutely no proof for anything that happened pre invention of the camera. You choose to believe that history as you know it isn’t some completely made up fabrication. Or even as far as to say that the universe did not come into existence in it’s entirely the second you were born
You say this, and you are on a nature board, which means you should know exactly why this is wrong

What's next, young earth creationism? Oh yes you are THE guy who shills it here.
>>
File: IMG_6109.jpg (2.32 MB, 4032x3024)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB JPG
>>4788262
Nope, everyone sins. Jesus just offers to take the punishment of the sin for you. Very simple concept to understand if you aren’t retarded
>>4788263
How is it opposed to animals and nature? I believe animals and the natural world are gods perfect creation. And us as man have corrupted it through sin and hubris. I’m not telling you to stop attacking or asking questions or anything of the sort. In fact I encourage you to, because I know that what I am defending is true, and that god can provide the proper letters to my fingers to hopefully reach someone who has questions. Even if the people I’m replying to have profound mental disabilities that lead to horrible reading comprehension.

Here’s a soulful creature that god told me to let him live another day to bring the thread back on topic
>>
>>4788268
I have chosen to ignore your TL;DR in favor of complimenting that beautiful fish, and I do hope you either devour it, release it, or keep it in an aquarium.
>>
File: cat-with-big-fish.jpg (68 KB, 728x687)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>4788268
>christians at the door: le god le christ le jesus will save you he is all loving he is love *vague schizo nonsense*
>christians once you let them in: god allows us to make toadlines. stop putting mere spirited beasts above your brothers in christ or you will be sentenced to a psychiatric monastery.
HAIL SATAN
>>
>>4788268
>blablablabla im a pseudo-moralistic control freak only interested in throwing my weight around and making up rules for everyone else to follow but myself
Hail Satan.
>>
Animals have souls alright

The same souls as us, thank brahma (christians are hindus that mistakenly believe krishna is agni’s son, pay them no mind, they are schizo pseudo-hindus who stole civilization from pagans, the redditors of history. Read your vedas and begin the journey towards truth)

Hail shiva (aka satan, who is not bad at all but a logical part of reality)
>>
>>4788271
They preach peace but have a history of war - against nations, against brothers, against nature. Always the justified savior, never an aggressor, in their own mind.

Convert to shinto buddhism if you actually like animals and nature.
>>
Do the mites in my dog's ears have souls?
>>
>>4788286
Those are reincarnated muslims who were cruel to dogs because they believed dogs in homes scared the angels. Now the dog is their home and they will never attain a higher form until they realize the error of their ways.

There would normally not be so many, but yknow, gaza
>>
>>4788288
That would explain why my dog got a bunch of ticks in early october.
>>
File: IMG_6108.jpg (2.06 MB, 4032x3024)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB JPG
>>4788270
Thanks, yeah I love sunnies, little guy went to swim back with his friends. If I were to keep a sunfish for aquarium use again it would be a Lepomis megalotis var. ozark.

>>4788271
>More strawmen
You are actually delusional

>>4788278
Rules are for everyone. Nobody can follow them because of the natural evil of humanity. But rather than embracing that evil I choose to reject it.

>>4788282
>>4788284
>>4788288
Ahhh the X tards have arrived

More sunfish in the name of Jesus
>>
>>4788359
This >>4788284 is more or less true, what you preach isn't what your "brothers" do across the wide world, so you're either a retard or you're a new age pseudo-christian deist (or worse, gnostic) and no one really cares about your spiritual ramblings. Anyone can believe anything and it doesn't really affect the world unless multiple people believe in the exact same living authority and form a far reaching mob, ie: marxists, westboro, mormons, israel. It also has absolutely nothing to do with animals and nature - in fact, this entire thread should probably go on /x/ with the bigfeet and mothmen.

Attempting to preach religion outside of /x/ and /pol/ (from a historical standpoint, most religious laws are artifacts of historical political struggles, down to jews and their mixed fabric autism being related to inter-tribal disputes) should be bannable, because no matter what you believe, your beliefs are inherently a rejection of someone elses beliefs and inherently offensive. But maybe it's too funny to watch .
>>
>>4788364
>no one really cares about your spiritual ramblings
You cared enough to write a series of gay novellas about them over a period of four days. Seek help.
>>
>>4788409
I did? Me, that "Anonymous" guy? But wait, that's you too. No one feels strongly about religion. It's not like most belief systems are mutually exclusive and yours in particular contains clauses that require that all other belief systems be rejected and classified as manifestations of evil or anything. No way would there be a debate if you brought up religion. That never happens.

You've been talking to yourself this whole time.

I maintain that all religion topics belong on /x/ and /pol/.
>>
>>4788413
Just because the IP counter is gone doesn't mean we can't tell it's you, benchod bastard.
>>
>>4788416
>>4788413
>>4788409
>>4788364
>>4788359
Samefag

What's wrong with this retard Anonymous? Why is he replying to himself?
>>
Epic saar moment.
>>
>>4788419
>>4788416
Stop speaking indian dude we got it, you like your god vecna or whatever better

Religion is super-natural (outside of the realm of nature, exists 100% inside of the subspace vortex caused by the human gestalt subconscious) therefore it belongs on /x/ - supernatural
>>
>>478813
Anything you can get from the bible you can get from other studies without the viciously twisted biases and reproduction programming. The true purpose of the bible is to spread its meme, not inform. It contains some basic teachings as a delivery mechanism for the intended payload.

You cannot actually understand what I'm saying because the bible has anti counter-memetic mechanisms as well. It's pretty insidiously crafted, ironically through a process of evolution. The ability for Christianity to fragment and mutate gradually with relatively minor squabbling sets it apart from earlier, stricter religious where deviation is more strictly protected, and is largely responsible for its greater success over time.

You are host to a memetic parasite. The trite trash you're spouting in those last paragraphs is you itching at sores to relieve psychological stress, shedding particles of your infection to potential new hosts. It's pretty horrific shit. Realize the zombie you've become.
>>
>>4780568
Anima is the Latin word for soul.
>>
>>4788284
>convert to eastern philosophy I dont actually understand but my own poor understanding of it leads to believe this is what it is
ok
>>
>>4788282
>>4788413
>>4788417
>>4788419
>>4788428
thank you sir very thankfulness sir please do the needfulness and do not eat the beef cow praise vishnu
>>
>>4788284
But enough about Islam.
>>4788288
If anyone deserves such a fate it would definitely be muslims so that makes sense
>>
File: IMG_5967.jpg (1.63 MB, 4032x3024)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB JPG
>>4788364
Name one heretical thing I have said that far. I’ll wait.

Also keep in mind I’m not catholic like the billion times I said before.

Agreed >>4788413 that this thread now belongs on x or pol. I still stand that OP and my first few posts were on topic from an, until a bunch of cringe atheists decided to derail. As you may note I’ve tried tying animals and their souls back into conversation with no avail

>>4788440
Look what you did atheists. You bought the x philes into our board
>>
>>4788268
>Jesus just offers to take the punishment of the sin for you. Very simple concept to understand if you aren’t retarded

Except in reality, it's usually "Join the cult and follow the rules so you get paradise/avoid eternal conscious torture after you die."

And Jesus is supposed to be God incarnate so the need for punishment is entirely arbitrary.

Now I get why it's necessary to have religion and how it inspires people to improve and gives them meaning in life, and the theology of why God can do whatever he wants to us, et cetera.

But this smug insistence that "It's so simple guys, why don't you just believe?" is to be ignorant of your own history and common sense.
>>
>>4789054
"A religion" (unquestionable dogma with a logical dead end, which confuses the brainlets and initially appalls the humans before they go "oh, right, i dont exist in a void") is needed for the low IQ and mentally ill. As you can see by starting a debate on veganism, people like autists will construct 9001 divergent systems of batshit insane morality without it. Also see: economics. Economics is an unrelated area of religious debate.

However, a specific religion? We don't need that debate here.
>>
>>4787789
Q anon ruined /x/
>>
>>4790099
psyops tend to do that

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.