[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>A dog thinks "These humans give me pets and lots of food. They must be God."

>A cat thinks "These humans give me pets and lots of food. I must be God."

do you agree?
>>
>>4779358
>A cat thinks
disagree
>>
I don't believe that animals have any concept of deities or religions.
>>
Only the dog even has the cognitive capacity to go as far as forming some hunch resembling a judgement of character

Cats have half as many neurons in their cerebral cortex as a chihuahua
>>
>>4779358
Apathy and selfishness are actually signs of low intelligence and poor mental function.
>>
>>4779393
even huskies care what you think. they just ignore you because they know your commands for show agility, etc are stupid and serve no practical purpose. on a hunt or sled run? 100% attentive. a cat would never.

source: husky owner for 40 years
>>
Literally no one asked huskoid weirdo
>>
>>4779398
That's an old husky.
>>
>A cat thinks
lol
>>
File: 1636412305813.webm (2.35 MB, 448x800)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB WEBM
>stealth flame war thread
have a bump because retards can't help themselves not to
>>
neither cats nor dogs think. take those knots out of your mouths dogcucks
>>
>>4779362
This but in a good way. Cats are giga instinct mode. They don't have to think about anything.
>>
>>4780751
It was proven that dogs think actually.

So do cats, just very, very, slowly and not very well
>>
>>4780801
kinda weird that this makes them better survivors than dogs. i guess dogs have poor instincts and "almost" zero brains. but almost zero brains isn't that much good at anything. so it makes them suck at everything that isn't highly specialized based on the breed
>>
>>4780887
Dogs survive very well. Painfully well. There are feral populations in northern russia. Dogs are so good at surviving we have to actively exterminate them, vs. just not feeding them anymore or adding new ones getting rid of feral cats 99% of the time.

Most of dog breeding is related to how OP dogs are. It focuses on tempering their predatory instincts, because otherwise a pack of 2+ dogs will take down most large ungulates in the area.

They don't have almost zero brains, dogs and wolves are the second most intelligent carnivorans after spotted hyenas.
>>
>>4780887
>i guess dogs have poor instincts and "almost" zero brains
toxo paws typed this post
>>
Cats and dogs think something like
>this creature is nice to me and feeds me, I like them and will give attention
>>
>>4779398
I agree huskies belong in inuit sledding villages
>>
>>4779358
Animals have no thoughts (ie language) nor imagination (ie culture, ideology, religion) so they have zero concept of a god. All they care about is a cooked piece of meat just like when we first took them into our caves and farms
>>
>>4779441
It hears the bird, it attacks the bird
>>
File: IMG_20240425_041735.jpg (188 KB, 814x912)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>4779390
>chihuahua
They have no form of bowel control so any neurons will be focused on anguish and screaming
>>
>>4780751
>take those knots out of your mouths dogcucks
Very wishful thinking unfortunately
>>
>>4779362
A cat thinks. A dog obeys.
>>
>>4779362
Dog buttsniffer post. Ignored.

>>4781350
Based
>>
>>4781350
>i imagine a cat thinks because i like to imagine they’re just like me
>a dog obeys because if it does not i hit it i fucking hate dogs i like it when they scream
-some homosexual high school dropout that thought he was pretty goth
>>
File: IMG_9595.jpg (209 KB, 1500x1500)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>4781504
By the same logic dog hating, cat worshiping toxo troons surmise that cats are totally smart and not just comatose, frogs are significantly more intelligent and dignified than cats.

Egyptians also bred kittens just to kill them but applied no such barbarism to frogs. Frogs were left alone.

Frog victory? Frog victory.
>>
>>4779358
>a dog thinks
Yes but not about any abstract concept. Only smart ones like huskies and collies are even likely to be able to process more than 2 words and understand they’re connected. They only approximate object permanence sometimes. Yes, that does make them smarter than most human children and a massive amount of human adults. But I wouldnt call it smart.
>a cat thinks
If it does its thought process is so slow and error prone it’s a vestige totally useless to their new existence as a living spring trap designed for causing songbird extinctions. Cats were domesticated by an alliance of house sparrows, crows and pigeons as part of an avian world domination plot. If they had brains at one point they must not have been very good.
>>
>>4779358
Both dogs and cats recieve and give affection. This is stupid, and cats can be extremely silly.

Dogs and apes live in a hierarchy so you will see more display of submissive behavior from them than cats that is all there is to it.
>>
>>4781137
Animals absolutely have language. Even small insects do.
>>
>>4779398
>>4781131
I once met an old German couple that bred sled dogs in Rocky Mountain House
>>
>>4780945
simmer down but take that knot out of your ass first
>>
>>4780890
>Dogs survive very well. Painfully well. There are feral populations in northern russia. Dogs are so good at surviving we have to actively exterminate them, vs. just not feeding them anymore or adding new ones getting rid of feral cats 99% of the time.
this is some ridiculous fantasy. you exterminate them where? in cities, where people feed them. this used to be a problem in my city decades ago. you thought that rats were bad, wait til you see dogs. and the only reason they existed is because they bred due to retards feeding them
>>
>>4781679
Canaan dogs survived in the desert without humans for hundreds of years before they were redomesticated.
Dingos exist in a fully wild state.
Domestic cats can live in nature as long as people frequently feed them and replenish their numbers. The average life expectancy of outdoor cats is about two years.
>>
>>4781679
Its a problem wherever the average IQ is below 95. The dogs survive even with people trying to get rid of them.
>>
>>4781698
>vulnerable to extinction
top zozzle
>>
>>4781709
The IUCN lists them as a vulnerable species because their genetic purity is threatened by interbreeding with domestic dogs. Their populations are still huge though, so big that they're frequently culled.
>>
>>4781771
>because their genetic purity is threatened by interbreeding with domestic dogs.
sounds very bigoted they need to start mixing NOW
>>
>>4781665
I don’t think that can be called language. Basic forms of communication exists across nearly all life but only Orcas have what can be called a ‘language’ iirc
>>
>>4781818
All communication is language.
>>
>>4779358
No, dogs are meatriders, cats are haters
>>
Reminder: if you hate cats, you are NOT white
If you think otherwise you are NOT white
>>
>>4781698
Domestic cats were cucked by humans lol
Return to the savanah cat
>>
>>4779362
>>4779441
>source? I made it up
>>
>>4782529
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2009/jun/16/psychologist-test-outsmarts-cats
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19449193/
Cats don't even have causal understanding. yes, they're dumb. That's the entire point of the cat. They are dumb. Dumb animals have very few needs you need to meet. You don't have to drag a cat everywhere showing them the wide world for their brain to be happy. You just buy some kitty gym equipment and get another cat or two and then your life from then on is cleanup duty and petting.

>>4782525
Define "hate cats" because all the nutzis such as yourself tend to define it as anything short of worshiping them.

PS: I punched a nazi in 2023 and the police refused to arrest me
>>
File: IMG_0939.jpg (32 KB, 386x586)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>PS: I punched a nazi in 2023 and the police refused to arrest me
>>
>>4782525
Fact check: True!
>>
>>4781818
prairie dogs as well
>>
>>4782833
Nonono you wont use that trick this time
All of you say you dont hate cats
Yet the only pupose of your reply is to paint cats as some sort of insect
Cats have a frontal lobe
They think
Being dumb doesnt = not thinking
The only thing i hate more than this is when people screech about l*ttercucks
Littercucks are acctually retarded
>yes goy you must force your cat to shit into a box
>yes goy you must scoop your cats shit
>the outside wold? NOO YOUR CAT CANT IT JUST CANT THINK ABOUT ALL THE BLACKBIRDS AND ALL THE PROPERTY YOU JUST CANT GOY
>>
>>4782833
Nice try Jew.
>>
>>4779358
animals don't think
>>
>>4783482
You have no idea how fragile and schizophrenic this post comes off as.
>>
File: 1340321173932.jpg (6 KB, 321x290)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>4783482
Schizophrenic status: Reduced to a babbling mess.
>>4783234
Troll lines are working as intended. Why is nu-4chan so fragile? Is this the actual state of the newfags who think this is a "cat website" (="crazy cat lady website") because we had a meme with cat pictures once?
>>
File: 1403798298736.jpg (30 KB, 360x479)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>4784338
the fags are too new these days, brother. they have to google "2hu hijack lol" to understand what it means.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.