[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: StinkBug1_517407_7.jpg (34 KB, 400x376)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>springtime arrows
>wasps, stinkbugs, boxelder bugs, swallows, mice, carpet beetles, gigantic spiders, woodpeckers, and mason bees never cease assaulting and invading all areas of the house nonstop
I fucking hate nature this time of year
Winter was nice and cozy and now I have to deal with this shit until usually the middle of next Fall.
Why don't architects design houses to be impenetrable to all these asshole animals?
>>
>>4777787
>arrows
Arrives.
I meant to say "arrives". wtf
>>
>>4777787
this nigga never heard of mesh screens
>>
File: coomer cat.jpg (296 KB, 612x687)
296 KB
296 KB JPG
>>4777790
>thinking bugs, especially the flat ones like stinkbugs and boxelder bugs, give a FUCK about those narrow gaps where the screens attach to the window frame
>>
File: sealing_tape.png (178 KB, 447x447)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
>>4777793
skill issue
>>
>>4777787
get animals that eat bugs around
I have a ton of birds and barely get any insects. No mosquitoes at all. Flycatchers eat them. Also skunks and opossums and foxes... they eat stinkbugs and ticks amongst other things.
Sometimes it smells like skunk spray in the morning because they fight with each other but it's not a full stinky load, I think they just give a spritz. Anyway it's tolerable in exchange for the bug munching service.
>>
> Spring arrives
> life literally springs back
> is surprised every year this happens

Human's hubris
>>
>>4777793
there is not supposed to be any gaps...
>>
>>4777801
I wish I had animals that actually preyed on mosquitoes to any real extent. They’re just too numerous for the minuscule amount of spiders or whatever to make a difference
>>
>>4777864
get some hummingbirds
>>
>>4777787
>mason bees
You have been blessed
The rest actually can fuck off
>>
>woodpeckers
>>
>>4777966
We have some but not nearly enough, don’t know how to increase their numbers
>>
>>4777787
Haven't seen a bug all year yet and we're in the 60+F temps here. Don't worry nature is dying and you won't have to be bothered by tiny harmless things anymore.
>>
File: los-simpson.gif (119 KB, 220x205)
119 KB
119 KB GIF
>>4778249
SUGER
>>
>>4777787
I keep finding stinkbugs drowned in my aquarium, I don't think my guppies appreciate it.
>>
>>4778249
Put up a bunch of hummingbird feeders.
A couple of bat boxes wouldn't be a bad idea either.
>>
>>4777787
I can't stand stink squash bullshit bugs. they are everywhere, practically fall apart just by walking around like half corpse creatures. this is coming from somone who likes 99% of living things
>>
>>4777787
All you have to do with the stinkbugs is just scoop them up and throw them outside.
Only annoying thing about them is getting startled by them, thinking they're a spider crawling on you.
>>
dude ur retarded
do you even realize how large an afult stinkbug is?? maybe close a fucking window u cunt
>>
thats because you dont actually like animals or nature and youre a bitch
>>
Anyone got advice for getting rid of carpenter bees? I seem to have more of them than normal on my deck this year.
>>
>>4780131
I like rabbits and basset hounds.
Why don't either of those types of animals ever invade my home?
>>
>>4777789
springtime arrows sounds like a blackgaze band name
>>
>>4777787
Annoying as shit invasive animals are gods/mother natures punishment depending on how religious/hippy you are for the hubris of humanity.

As we further push our boundaries of adaptation and tread new frontiers in new environments so shall the animal friends piggy back onto our migration, and become the apex predator somewhere else. Much like humanity.

They'll be annoying as shit, if you truly want to stop it you'll need to tackle it at your geographical barriers like Alberta and their rat problem or Australia, but regulations will only stop it so much.

Stinkbugs and their annoying zombie states are our collective punishment.
>>
>>4780167
total carpenter bee death
>>
I haven't had a house spider in years despite leaving the windows open 24/7 during the spring and summer
It's over
>>
>>4777864
Frogs, dragonflies, ladybugs, birds, zaplamps
>>4778175
I love them
>>
>>4777787
Cross your fingers and hope you getting a jumping spider bro that takes up residence in the house, they don't give a fuck about stinkbugs "natural defense".
There hasn't been a single one in my house since the newest jumping spider moved in.
>>
>>4777787
>>4777793
I'm stuck using a window AC unit at my current place and a ton of stinkbugs crawl straight through the middle of it and end up inside. Like they just squeeze straight through it. Last year there was a period of time where I would wake up every day to 6-12 of them on the walls. I never even saw a stinkbug or knew what they were until they started appearing in my area around like 2016.
>>
>>4783278
>Garden has turned into an arachnid hellscape with wasps frequently dive-bombing down to feast, not a single stinkbug
>Still get 3-4 spawning in my kitchen at night
Should I bring the spiders inside?
>>
>>4777790
kek
>>
>>4777796
do these actually work? i have a gnat problem in my room and I think they're coming in through my closed window at night. I'm not sure what is attracting them, but I want to be able to block them at least.
>>
File: 63544.jpg (48 KB, 521x524)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>turn shower on
>spooders shoot out from the floor sink
>>
>>4780191
You don't actually like animals or nature, you like pets. Go live in a big city if you don't want to see bugs and spiders in your house.
>>
>>4785742
>You don't like animals unless you're a cuck vegan who bends over for the whole world
>Oh no a bear is eating me. Well, its my fault for intruding on his habitat! humans are the real invasive spe-ACK
I love animals and nature where they belong and only the good parts of it (ticks and mosquitos can burn in hell)
>>
>>4785742
Anon, most people aren’t fond of bugs in their home, especially when they’re active pests and potential disease vectors
>>
>>4785645
Someone please answer this. I'm desperate
>>
>>4785742
Not having any boundaries is not love, it's a mental illness. Were you raised by a single mother?
>>
>>4785744
>>4785791
Samefag cuck that belong in a city crying about BEES and BIRDS. You are just a weak city dweller.
>>
File: 1702539882816938.jpg (405 KB, 1200x1193)
405 KB
405 KB JPG
>>4777787
>find the legs of dead flies sticking out from the microscopic cracks around my windows
Literally how the fuck are they managing to squeeze in there just to die
>>
File: Booklice.jpg (391 KB, 1295x791)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
>That's some yummy moisture on your window. Hope you don't mind if me and the lads move in.
>>
>>4785801
nothing says "strong" like crying samefag when you don't like the comments. go nurse some hungry ticks or something, stupid hippie.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.