[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Capture1-1.png (3.93 MB, 1910x1208)
3.93 MB
3.93 MB PNG
If picrel hadn't happened it wouldn't have been so one sided. He basically wasted 2 rounds because of that shit
>>
>>194228
Gaethje can't see anyway
>>
The eye pokes sure but can't complain about the nose break, it was clean and not even a fluke because he kept hitting it

Can't be like "I would've won if you didn't injur me so badly in the fight"
>>
>>194231
Sure but it was lucky, can't really say holloway "beat gaethje in his prime" because he landed the 0.1% chamce shot that fucked him up for the rest of the game.
Eye pokes are a bonus
>>
>>194233
Samefagging, were the other shots to the nose as bad as that backick?
>>
>>194235
nta but they where not close to the kick
>>
>>194233
"If I didn't run into your kick things would be different" isn't a better argument
>>
>>194233
>because he landed the 0.1% chamce shot
Max throws that spinning back kick in a lot of his fights and he's pretty accurate with it. Considering that Gaethje tends to duck alot, it was far from a 0.1% chance.
>>
>>194233
Max clearly and easily won round one without it, and he builds up the more he fights. The nos break made it worst for Justin, but he still got outclased technically for the whole fight, showed nothing that made you think he could have won if he was just fighting a little bit better.
Also by that standard, every KO is a fluke.
>>
>>194228
Honestly the fight couldve stopped at round 1 with the nose injury. It was completely destroyed. Worse than orbital cracking
>>
>>194323
Could've, but Justin is too tough for his own good and wouldn't have allowed that. Guy just wants to fight til he can't anymore which I can respect
>>
>>194228
The two eye pokes were ridiculous but I have no idea why they trained him to duck his head down every time Halloway so much as feinted a jab. Of course he was going to pick up on that. Halloway should have thrown more knees imo but Gathje was asking for that kick to the face.
>>
>>194393
Maybe holloway tripped him out, he has weird movement
>>
>>194393
He's been ducking since WSOF and even in Wittman's striking instructionals he does that even while demonstrating basic footwork and Trevor has to correct him not to duck. At this point it's so ingrained and honestly it's a huge weakness. In his last fight with Poirier Poirier tried to punish his ducking with roundhouse but Max got to be the first one to truly capitalize on it
>>
>>194433
justin "I block with my face" gaethje has never been known for his technical prowess. He's just a guy that's about it and will throw down and that's why he's always fun to watch. He entertains to his own detriment
>>
>>194434
I disagree. IMO he's the best pure striker in LW before Max happened
>>
>>194439
Eh, I still think Dustin is better technically, more efficiant. The highkick that put him out was a great move, but it wasn't a complete outclassing.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.