[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1774.jpg (303 KB, 1099x1766)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
Was thinking about Strickland’s remarks about Road House being accurate in that 90% of fighters wind up as bouncers after their career has finished. What /xs/ sport career has the best base for post retirement
>>
This thread has also been made in mind that it seems most MMA fighters have a shitty afterthought of a career post-retirement. That Jake Shields has to resort to posting Holocaust denial for Twitter engagement for money just tells me how desperate things must be after it’s over. Francis was right to go for the bag
>>
File: IMG_2550.jpg (1.08 MB, 1290x2014)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
Colbozo btfo
>>
>>192953
He's very wise to go for the bag. He was elderly and aging. Should have just retired after that fury fight and left boxing fans buttflustered for years to come. But hindsight is a bitch

>>192952

Coaching?
Open you own gym?

I've noticed a lot of nobodies get picked up to coach specifics like striking or grappling. As long as they had one or two ammy fights they will be in demand. don't know what the pay is like though, I imagine not much.
>>
>>192990
>going after the bag
Ultimately, though there’s some joy in seeing Dana getting btfo and asshurt over it, Francis was completely right as an independent fighter to chase after fights with more money and those so happened to be outside of MMA.
You’ll look back on his career and wonder what the fuss was about (he really didn’t have that many at UFC level) but he made the right decision for himself in the long run.
>should have retired after Fury
I disagree with this and desu I thought pursuing AJ was a very smart move. Especially the £20m payday he got from it. He could’ve fought a comatose bum like Hellenius for an easier fight. The way AJ exposed him will be interesting to see who he matches up against next
>coaching etc
This seems to be it but the pay must actually suck unless you’re training with elite talent. Though even that is an unknown in terms of what they pay these people to spar. MMA just seems more depressing after retirement. Plus most retire younger than most boxers (who seem to go on for longer despite the damage done)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.