[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: kuji-kiri.png (159 KB, 387x479)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
I think I always read the subject in relation to psychoanalysis but I never saw it in relation to scientific psychology.
A few years ago I read that Japanese kuji-kiri magic which uses specific hand movements and visualizations
when trained over a period of time can lead the practitioner to relax in a matter of seconds by executing a couple of hand movements or mudras.
This is the closest I have read about modern psychology studies in magick.
If I think about it, it sounds to me like a kind of conditioning to certain mudras that end up relaxing the body by associations or something like that.
>also
isn't there something similar but checking what happens in the little heads of those who perform The Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram or something like that?
I think I read a study of meditating Christians and Tibetan Buddhists but I don't think it's the same thing.
Well, it's still rituals.
>>
>>37845160
>modern psychology
What is that? The foundation of psychology was created long time ago and has remained mostly unchanged since then, it makes as much sense as discussing "modern math."
Psychology does not believe in magic, the explanation is that if the patient wanted something, and they used magic and got it, it was a coincidence.
The psychologist should pretend that they believe the patient did magic, to earn their trust.
They, however, should disuade the patient from keeping using magic, and to instead try practical things to solve their problems (usually, a therapist that is visited to solve that one.)
In case of extraordinary beliefs of supernatural events by the patient, it is recommended to send them to a psychiatrist for further investigation and analysis, because according to this, the world is material and any belief in miracles could be a symptom of an underlying condition of the patient.
>>
File: GoldFlwr3.gif (53 KB, 414x600)
53 KB
53 KB GIF
>>37846504
I read somewhere that there was a study about Christians praying to God and when they were scanned in brain scans the social areas of their brain glowed as if indicating that they felt heard or were talking to someone when they prayed.
>also
I just wanted to know if there is something similar for someone who does a ritual like the lesser ritual of the pentagram or some chaoist ritual.
when interacting with deities,demons,spirits,elementals,astral etc their brain will actually start to glow in the social areas or other areas
wouldn't that be an indication that they are not really lying?
probably the're really having amazing experiences in her head or reality?
Imagine if you could do the same thing with the tulpamancer, or well, I guess there must be some study in imaginary friends I guess I don't know.
>>
>>37846504
>The foundation of psychology was created long time ago and has remained mostly unchanged since then, it makes as much sense as discussing "modern math."
t. retard
>>
Bump
>>
>>37845160
Prometheus Rising is very down-to-earth and psychology oriented grimoire, often recommended as entry level-tier (in a good way)
>>
>>37851574
thanks guy i like RAW.
Hail Eris!
>>
File: mudra.gif (62 KB, 121x122)
62 KB
62 KB GIF
>>37845160
Yes, this. Practice this and you will find your answers. All answers are freely given.
>>
Bump
>>
>>37845160
Just read The Red Book by Carl Jung already and stop fucking flirting with it.
>>
>>37847251
I don't know. Wouldn't the social part of your brain register as talking to someone even if you were just making up a pretend conversation in your head? Sounds like that can't prove more than that they're imagining those beings.
>>
>>37847251
>I read somewhere that there was a study about Christians praying to God and when they were scanned in brain scans the social areas of their brain glowed as if indicating that they felt heard or were talking to someone when they prayed.
That's literally a placebo.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.