[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: proxy-image.jpg (1.02 MB, 2560x1689)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
Any students of history here? I need help finding a source for an interesting ancient battle I heard of a few years ago.
I think it was a video by the channel Ancient Recitations (or maybe another one of Sargon's alternate channels), but I can't find it in his catalog, or I can't recognize it if it's still there.

If I remember right, the battle was fought against the Greeks. The armies who fought them were lead by two brothers that were from a family with a history of dying in battle but still being victorious. The brothers met before the battle and agreed that they couldn't win unless one of them dies, so they made a pact that the first one to lose ground must be the one to die.
When this happened during the battle, the brother who lost ground ran out alone against the enemy ranks, which worried and confused them. After he was killed, his and his brother's armies charged and won the battle.
I'm surprised I've only heard of this once, and I'd like to learn more about it, so any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>1460227
Doki Doki Panic
>>
>>1460227
>>1460228
Oh shoot, I thought I was on /v/ and that you accidentally posted there. Sorry anon, my foot is in my mouth. I hope you get a proper answer.
>>
>>1460229
Lmao it's alright, thanks.
>>
bump

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.