[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 313131313131.png (667 KB, 1000x500)
667 KB
667 KB PNG
Which Penultimo?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm_jift5QMM&list=PLD6AB805B15D2CFC4&index=7
>>
>>1733793
It's subtle, but I honestly prefer 4's caricatures.
>>
File: download.jpg (203 KB, 1024x576)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
You could have pulled a nasty trick and put the Penultimo with the hat on the left.
Never played 6, 4 is the best for the dialogue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmKMrUMS9lg

5 (and 4: Modern Times) had the writing go down the pan. Oh boy, a Bioshock reference!

I can't find any voice line videos of 6 on YouTube to tell me if Miss Pineapple being replaced by a strong and independent femcel of colour, is as bad as it looks. The caricatures look stiff, unfinished, and 5 years after launch, are still not all uploaded on the wiki.
>>
>>1733793
the second to last one
>>
>>1734325
God, talk about SOUL.
>>
File: MikeStoklasa.jpg (104 KB, 871x842)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>1733793
The Left, for to paraphrase a certain demented alcoholic:

>The low angle implies dominance, and [Penultimo's gaze focusing confidently on something in the distance] implies the long reach [of El Presidente's power].

Right is just a portrait pose.
>>
>>1733793
soul vs soulless
>>
4 is kino
>>
>>1737742
You can tell which one was an actual caricature artist and which one was just 'an artist'.
>>
>>1733793
>left: confidently gazing and smirking at the distance. Unique cartoonish style
>right: doing a gay ass eyebrow raised halfsmirk while gazing at nothing. Absolutely ordinary drawing style.
>>
>>1734325
4 hit just right with the satire and real life politics for my taste. 5 is just "lol so randum, Penultimo is retarded xDD"
>>
>>1737742
I should have said 'power and ambition' desu, but whatever.

>>1743960
Agreed.
>>
>>1737742
>>1743965
>Confident
Are you guys retarded? Penultimo is clearly looking concerned, which fits his character. He is acopic and relies on el Presidente to tell him what to do. He reminds me a lot of Basil from Faulty Towers
>>
>>1734325
for me, it's dichard rixon
>>
>>1733793
yeah they butchered all the good characters in 5 and 6 not even el president escaped it. The only time i laughed a bit in 6 was during cristo redentor raid and only because i love silly old movies about war
>>
>>1746218
Thanks for this comment. I don't feel crazy anymore.
>>
>>1733793
am I the only one who think Tropico 4 graphics is a huge downgrade compared to 3?
>>
>>1746218
>>1746751
What you read as concern, I would interpret to be more a smugness, and assuredness in El Presidente's rulership and his place within that system. Sure, that smugness is born only from his own stupidity, lack of his own ideas, and constant brown-nosing; but it's still a genuine smugness. The Dunning-Kruger effect at work. I would also point to Penultimo's often bubbly and enthusiastic voice lines (I know I'm digressing from OP's pic), even as disasters happen, as a further indicator of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Nowr99Qic

But maybe you are on to something though about a hidden insecurity making him so easily led my El Presidente. I think I can see that in left.

Regardless, the fact that there are multiple inferences one can make about Penultimo's expression on the left clearly shows it to be the superior image.
>>
>>1746218
>put it through a face analyzer
>you are right
Tropico-bros, I think I might have the 'tism.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.