[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Cncyr-cover.jpg (71 KB, 256x364)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>3 factions
>set during hypothetical WW3
>time travel is heavily implied
>western blues
>eastern reds
>3rd faction is splinter from reds using psychic clones, mutants, ufos, virus spreaders, chaos drones, mind control towers
>leader of the 3rd faction is romanian

What did Westwood mean by this, also any other soft disclosures in 90s games?
>>
File: Yuri.png (406 KB, 410x563)
406 KB
406 KB PNG
>Didn't even mention Yuri's Army is purple
>>
>Yuri's army is purple
>Purple is a combination of red and blue
BRAVO WESTWOOD
>>
>>1731650
>time travel is heavily implied
Are you fucking retarded
>>
mental omega makes it better
>>
>>1732185
Amazing what they can still do with the engine today
>>
>>1731650
this is the funniest thread on vst
>>
act three when?
>>
>>1732185

MO is good but as much as it adds it takes away.
>>
>>1732185
Yes and no. Depending on the perspective.

I can't help myself: Act 2 for the Soviets is very miserable. I understand perfectly well that it is extremely difficult to prescribe one line of history where many destinies are intertwined, but it is highly undesirable to sacrifice game experience. I don't believe the Soviets were able to kill Yuri. No matter who says, if the Soviets can't even eliminate a Chinese scientist, then what about Yuri himself. I can suggest that he left the Soviets via the subway. You know, the subway is for the higher leadership to escape from Moscow. Or it doesn't exist in the Red Alert world. Who knows...

And yes, Volkov was not taken under control by Yuri Prime, he was simply reprogrammed by Epsilon engineers, as they gained access to the secret blueprints of the Soviets.
>>
>>1732185
Certainly not in art direction. The campaign is impressive in scope, but obnoxious to actually play (while being very poorly written). It desperately needs tool tips as no one's remembering the specifics of every support power and random unit before a few dozen hours in.

That said, it certainly provides more stuff which is nice, and I wish there were other mods that provided more difficulty, challenge (as in the map type), and coop things to play with friends like it does. MO basically wins compared to other mods and such just because it actually has stuff to do with your buddies.
>>
>>1732134
>>1732206
this
i laughed out loud at that time travel part. based op
>>
>>1731650
>villain is romanian jew with literal hebrew forehead tattoo
>manipulated the soviet union from the very beginning
>attacks the world trade center
>uses hollywood to transmit his mind control into the american populace
>genetically alters everyone into servile retard nigger mutants
how was this game so kino?
>>
>>1732687
Well, I don't know, I think Yuri is alive, but for other reasons. There's a kind of mission where Yuri used the chronosphere and sent himself into the future, when Moscow became the biggest bait for the Soviets. It's good that the Allies turned out to be stupid, and did not inform the Soviets about Mental Omega.
>>
>>1733357
This mod really needs an introduction of sorts. Even after running several skirmish games vs AI it was still hard to me to grasp what the fuck is going on, and I spent years playing RA2.
And the graphic design doesn't help either, with most units looking like a blurry mess and blending together whereas in original they were sharp and distinct, it was hard to mistake one unit for another. Redoing the old units in their own style was certainly a strange decision.
>>
>>1732185
you're a stupid fucking spamming tranny kill yourself
>>
>>1732185
story mods are never good.
>>
>>1732185
yes
>>
File: 1713092587756722.jpg (14 KB, 480x360)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>1731811

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.