[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: frostcuck.jpg (195 KB, 1024x1024)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
Haven't even played it yet, but I intrinsically hate the idea of these smarmy fucks gating the beta for only a week.

I want to soupcuck as much as I want.
>>
I don't get it. In the latest gameplay trailer they said that your settlement survived the cataclysm and now you're deciding what direction to chose next. But they also said that they want to implement even colder temperatures, which means the cataclysm is still on. Did I get it wrong?
>>
>>1729645
Why is he covered in oil tho?
>>
>>1729662
The world is still frozen, but now you have a little breathing room.
>>
>>1729729
So it's in the process of unfreezing still?
>>
>>1729645
Why is he watching a rocket blasting off?
>>
>>1729728
The first game's lifeline was coal, now it's oil.
We're moving up in the world, next it'll be gas and nuclear and then back to coal again.
>>
>>1729645
>smarmy fucks gating the beta
>dogshit trial
Why do you feel entitled to this game, if you don't even like it?
>>
>>1729838
>We're moving up in the world, next it'll be gas and nuclear
Frostpunk: Nuclear Winter
>>
>>1729838
>then back to coal again
more like wood m8
>>
Played through the beta and with that I rescind my question. It just does not have any content to come back to. Every resource except money is easily exhaustible which means the efficiency-focused Foragers/Icebloods are right 90% of the time. This feels like it'll be even more on-rails than the original.
>>
>>1729845
>*Marty Robbins starts playing*
>>
>>1729942
i wonder if this is because of the 'limited play' nature of the demo or if they're gonna push some pozzed eco message with the final game. they didn't seem very politically 'modern' with the first frostpunk that i remember other than chastising you for going full hitler in either direction
>>
>>1730811
>AIEEEE I ATE THE SOUP ONCE YOU ARE IRREDEEMABLY EVIL
>>
>>1730811
If anything, the demo showcases that you can and should be less politically correct. Merit > Equality , Tradition > Progress.
Limiting immigration to the skilled/barring anyone from entering at all is optimal. It is optimal to refuse to give welfare, etc... You can even decide to enforce government-mandated tradwives and have your birth rate skyrocket from women doing the one job of motherhood and no other.
>>
>>1729662
The big cataclysm is over, the poles are still fucked though and mother nature is still winding up for round 2
>>
>>1731450
>Limiting immigration to the skilled/barring anyone from entering at all is optimal.
No it's not, the free peasantry votes is worth it and they pay for themselves in food in no time
>>
>>1729831
That would be the city of fire, main theme of the 2nd game is retard wrangling. Good news is you can become dictator again.
>>
>>1731560
Main theme is inequality. When faced with the cataclysm, people grit their teeth and did what must be done. The only struggle being those who can't pull their weight.

Now that shit's gone, you have skilled laborers, unskilled laborers, learned politicians, merchants, brutes etc... All wanting a bigger of the world they helped saved.

I swear if the plot is another pozzed Cataclysm Boogaloo and everyone unites, I will refund.
>>
>>1731578
>Now that shit's gone, you have skilled laborers, unskilled laborers, learned politicians, merchants, brutes etc... All wanting a bigger of the world they helped saved.
Yes, retard wrangling. And from some of the things we can see in the beta, beatings are still very much on the menu to resolve declining morale.
>>
is there actual building? every trailer has made it look like just a pick a choice from a menu game
>>
>>1731578
The main plot is about survivors from the Equator fleeing north.
>>
>>1732028
last I looked london wasn't in the equator
>>
this shit reeks of AI art
>>
from my first 15 minutes there are a lot of changes
they seems to be focusing on macro game instead of micro management. The districts build themselves. Camera movement is ass
>>
File: 1707189122098893.jpg (114 KB, 679x500)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>ruining a new experience by playing a demo or preview instead of experiencing the full potential of the story, gameplay and atmosphere with the full game
Not gonna make it.
>but muh try before buy
yaar har har
>>
the game is very hardware demanding for some reason
>>
$45 bucks lmao they are insane
>>
>>1732398
You do not know what AI art looks like, retard.
>>
>>1729942
Sigh
>>
>>1729942
Maybe benefit of the doubt, the depletion is to push expansion in the scenarios?
>>
6900xt 2k 35 fps on high. I refunded because this is a city sim, no fun. Bye
>>
>>1732563
>>1732398
>almost every window is trying to look symmetrical but actually isn't
>almost every roof has a nondescript shape
This is definitely photobashed AI art. Garbage.
>>
>>1732740
>not pointing mistake wouldn't make
>not weird cross-fades that AI does
"It look weird" isn't an argument. Stupid faggot.
>>
>>1732740
You're an idiot. Have you possibly considered that its stylistic choice?
>>
>>1732750
>>1732749
So they wanted it to look like AI art? Crazy.
>>
>>1732757
First it was "CGI". Then it was "mobile game". Now it's "AI art".

How do pseuds always find some bullshit pretense for why they don't like thing?
>>
>>1732757
You can not like the steampunk design, which frequently don't make sense. But calling it AI art just because you don't like it makes you sound stupid.
>>
File: file.png (3.74 MB, 2560x1440)
3.74 MB
3.74 MB PNG
there are a lot more politics than before
>>
File: file.png (2.68 MB, 2560x1440)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB PNG
>>
File: 20200203220119_1.jpg (986 KB, 2560x1440)
986 KB
986 KB JPG
>>1732772
>>1732773
We already had this in FP1, except you didn't need a Council to pass these laws.
We also made similar decisions during gameplay events.

Personally, I dislike the FP2 beta. It has just lost the appeal of the first game where all buildings and decisions matter. This feels to big of a scale.
Districts, 'frostbreaking', generic commodities like 'goods' and 'materials' etc are kinda dull. Not to mention you can't zoom into the city so the scale is always detached and morphs into blobs of areas separated by coloured roofs.
>>
>>1732777
yes, we did not have any politics before, you've always unilaterally decided everything and was just trying to be a good dictator
i can see what the devs are doing here and am willing to give them a chance
>>
File: file.png (1.68 MB, 1805x842)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
is this a woman?
>>
>>1732782
>>
>adaptation
>tradition
>at the same time
How does that twerk?
>>
>>1732786
probably a woman then
>>
>>1732782
Yes. You've never seen a bald woman before?
>>
File: file.png (507 KB, 862x432)
507 KB
507 KB PNG
cmon now im already trying to blow up the generator and it just auto disables the overdrive
>>
File: 1515658479242.png (141 KB, 236x236)
141 KB
141 KB PNG
>>1732398
>>1732740
do you anons even know about Houdini and procedural model generation?
>>
>>1732903
Do you know about Photoshop? Because I can clearly see the far right roof and window is a flip of the far left one.
>>
>>1732903
It's not AI shit, those anon's are dumb as fuck, it's just not that exciting.
What is worse than some UI pictures is the procedural glitches and poor placement of roads, buildings and districts. It is building houses on stilts up cliffs, roads going to nowhere then appearing again, access tunnels that are missing sections etc. It is noticeable.
>>
>>1732913
>right is double dirty, left is single dirty
>left is single silver ended, right is double silver ended
nah, it's procedural
>>
>>1732405
>The districts build themselves
alright thats me. I'm out bye.
>>
>>1732840
Devs have confirmed it's a feature. You won't be able to detonate the generator no matter what.
>>
>>1732782
that’s a body type b
>>
>>1732068
Originally England sent a lot of its population to the equator as it was warmer, but then it too froze over.
>>
>>1733569
Not just England, though. Pretty much all other surviving Humans live in total poverty near the equator and 2's endgame is all about resettling them.
>>
>>1732786
you can't have a tradition of innovation?
>>
>>1733820
Nope. But a lot of failed opportunists love the tactic of framing tradition that way. They never succeed, though.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.