[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is it good? Worth the pirate?
>>
>>1727014
Nope. Just a lazy gimmick with boring gameplay.
>>
Pretty rough but I honestly dig the concept and it's pretty fun seeing your own town get turned in to a map. I also reccomend turning off the tutorial, or choosing the most remote place possible because it's so fucking intrusive and throws so much at you. Surprised they decided to go with $25 so it's not to bad of a price for what it is.
>>
>>1727014
>zombie basedjak
yawn
>>
It's worth a pirate just so you can spend an hour on it and decide to never buy it. It's a neat gimmick. but an extremely boring game.
>>
>>1727014
It's decent. Just expect it to be bugged due early access.
>>
>>1727014
>random character with mouse wide open
It's a huge red flag
>>
>>1727014
They need to fix the batallion cap
I'd rather the game get stalled by having too many batallions to reasonably operate, than too few to to use your resources, because the first problem can be streamlined and improve upon with QoL features, and the patience/attention limit is different for each player
>>
>DUDE just let me know how you would defend your neighborhood in a potential civil war--uhh I mean zombie scenario wouldn't that be EPIC
no thanks glowie
>>
>>1727571
I was missing you.
>>
>>1727014
Is it just me or is virus turns people into vampires a storyline rare?
>>
>>1727582
Plague Inc please.
>>
Unbalanced and gets boring quickly
Maybe will be good after the 10 years it takes to leave EA
>>
>>1727582
I am litigation.
>>
>>1727571
Take your meds.
>>
Needs massive balancing but it's pretty ok. Clearly needs more work but the map generator is pretty accurate.
>>
>>1727317
Onions faggots were the real zombies all along...
>>
>>1727571
this civil war shit would be more kino
>>
>>1727789
How does it play outside of US cities? I read a review complaining that they didn't find enough guns outside of big cities
>>
walls are almost useless, zombies just curbstomp them in seconds. Even medieval walls
resource gathering is slow as shit
building things is slow as shit
zombos destroy your buildings in seconds
takes days to rebuild again

also you get swarmed by large hordes very quickly and since building and cutting trees is so slow you can't build up quick enough
cant go out scavenging too often because the squads have to protect the base since i cant put up defences fast enough
>>
>>1727862
It is an issue. If you aren't playing in an area that has enough shops then it can get pretty hard since the game generates resources based around locations, IE things labeled as houses are more likely to have food while commercial is more likely to have resources. It's best to play in cities or on the edge of suburbs but I would also say that is part of the fun trying to see if you can survive anywhere. I think making the map a bit larger would help a bit but again, I think the fact that location does matter makes the game pretty unique since you'll be tempted in playing your neighborhood only to realize that your neighborhood would be a horrible place to try and survive in.
>>
>>1727862
If the game is balanced around survivors finding guns wouldn't it fall apart in places where guns are not common?
>>
>>1728102
You can make guns by researching the gun factory and you can get resources for making guns by destroying buildings. What it seems like a lot of people are forgetting, and also what seems to be a mechanic of the game is choosing weather or not to keep houses/buildings for later or to destroy them for resources.
>>
>>1728120
Expanding is just almost too hard. Cant work around the clock. Can't build buildings. You get swarmed almost every night. Your shit gets destroyed and you spend all your resources repairing or rebuilding and don't even finish and get swarmed again.

You expand but it's all left open and you get swarmed etc. Hard to lock shit down. Finally got control of the hood but resource production is so fucking slow a then get some fucking mega horde just wreck my shit. Had over 200 survivors.

Can't make more squads just because you fucking can't. Cant fortify buildings to act as a fort

Devs take note

Also, area works, let me drag and drop a search area for squads and also add an auto scavenge button
>>
>>1727796
I mean, they literally fit the original consumerism metaphor to a tee.
>>
>>1728156
I agree. The game is a weird mix of RTS and colony builder but sucks at both and doesn't seem to know which one it wants to be.
>>
>>1728377
There's a great concept here and it's a niche asf game and they know it.

Needs QOL and optimisation. Faster skipping for the transmissions and/or more rng with the events.

It's how I wanted They are Billions to be. Go from rag tag to a city. Giving this game the ability to scale your growth, enter late game mega-zoning and macro management. Competing with other factions / war / trade. Bigger squads to search big buildings quicker take more resources.

And wood is such a fucking issue. Wrecked my game. Just so little fucking wood and what I do get is used for cooking.
>>
>>1728156
You MUST move HQ in bigger building after start. Personally i just start nearby HQ i wanna settle later, then start scavenging til i get enough resources and build new HQ, then, i just move all my squad in it, and allow infected to kill old one, then delete it instead repairing. And here were are, in my current HQ, i can make 21 squad total if i want.
>>
>>1729190
I actually figured this out. Didn't realise there was a HQ building. Made the new one and my squad count went up.

Still takes too long to build before mega hordes just wreck my walls. Can't upgrade walls which is annoying. Have to cancel them after they're destroyed or all day to take them down.

Barn is the best building IMO. Like to make a big building into a barn. Produces meat and fertiliser.

Fertiliser gives you 9 grain. 1 grain gives you a fertiliser. No brainer.

Would be good to put squads in towers or something. Hate that you can't build buildings and all must be adapted though realistically how would you?

Cannery sucks ass as a building. Fucking absolute waste.

Might try and move HQ earlier on. Though what I did first was make a small warehouse so they build the HQ quicker since it was a larger building
>>
Looks like they released a balancing update on the weekend.
Does it make playing actually possible now?
>>
game is way too boring right now theres almost zero content
>>
>>1729282
Not really. It was just a small balance/bug patch.
>>
>>1727571
based schizo telling the sheep the truth about their darpa slop
>>
Is this literally just rebuild but a game you pay for instead of a free flash game?
>>
File: 1703117755196334.png (123 KB, 361x363)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>>1727571
There will never be a civil war in America. Ever. It is not going to happen. America is too big to fall. We are living in the Nothing Era. Covid is going to be the most impactful event in your entire life. Go outside and stop being a paranoid schizo online.
>>
>>1727014
>Worth the pirate?
It's not even worth making a thread on 4chan about.
>>
>>1729282
Currently at day 107 (started before patch), Big hordes stopped to show up at around day 70~. Now all struggle is making sure that there food and wood.
>>
Theres a lot of potential that I reckon they'll never realise
Do they have a development road map?
>>
Its kind of annoying that you need to build a sacrificial tiny base before you move to a functional location.
It seems like I always need more people
>>
New patch finally has some good things
>no story mode (no annoying transmissions)
>building adaptations and repair 50% faster
Maybe more patch to lower horde damage, fix pathing and double wall health and it'll be decent
>>
>>1729988
>>
I thought the default Italy map would be easy with those chokepoints set up right at the start
Without the tutorial pacing it's just nonstop swarms though
>>
>>1730458
>tfw all the locations you'd think would be good end up being shit.
>>
>>1727014
i know its a data miner but the idea is too interesting, i love indie experiments
>>
>>1730598
Half the issues right now is just that there isn't away to keep up with wood demand. They should just add a forester hut asap or just take off the requirements for the few buildings that need it for now.
>>
spoiler ahead

the quest with hostages was pretty cool but a little too easy and optimistic. If it was something like This war of mine which the game heavily reminds me of they would be dead the moment the bandits saw your armed men
>>
>>1730627
you can scavenge the buildings you know that right?
>>
>>1730723
and live in a more forested area
>>
okay after the first 4 hours - i truly dont know what people are bitching about. The game is fine. It just needs more shit.
>>
File: file.png (2.66 MB, 1374x1069)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB PNG
unexpected rain (never bothered researching forecast) coupled with the swarm coupled with me sending all the squads as far away as possible two minutes ago
>>
File: file.png (3.72 MB, 1629x1099)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB PNG
>>1730820
equals destroyed base
at least the people are immortal, until they arm themselves that is
>>
I like the idea I can start in my ghetto neighbourhood
>>
its tendency to imagine everything as a commieblock is hilarious
>>
File: file.png (2.51 MB, 1650x924)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB PNG
>>1730855
Giza if ussr built it
>>
File: file.png (2.6 MB, 1651x925)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB PNG
>>1730856
god damn it
it also doesnt understand elevation at all
>>
File: file.png (2.2 MB, 1425x927)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB PNG
>>1730858
LMAO
>>
>>1730856
The one video I watched had the pyramids as bigass cubes, so at least they're improving.
>>
>>1729726
If you think women, [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] can maintain a system as complex as America I have a bridge to sell you.
>>
So if a city has a castle in it is the castle a valuble place to fortify?
>>
File: file.png (2.39 MB, 1422x1006)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB PNG
oil storage
>>
>>1731203
from my limited experience fortification is a lesser problem then the distances and resource availability
>>
>>1731210
What is the artist(s) even doing? Portraits are AI, and almost all buildings get represented by duplexes or mid-rises, even if it should be obvious from the given map info that they aren't. There is a system that figures out what an area is, so would it be impossible to see that round buildings in an industrial area probably aren't residential buildings but storage silos of some sort? The only conclusion is that they made one model set and applied it way too wide.
I guess it's something that they included the pyramids and the Parthenon as unique models, but is it that novel if all the surrounding buildings don't at all fit reality? Feels like a complete waste of time.
>>
>>1731193
America is maintained by corporations and government systems that are too big to fail. The only way America will ever collapse is if the entire world is collapsing, likely as a result of climate change or nuclear war. Nuclear war is not something that is going to happen. A civil war is not going to happen. America is too big to fall. We will maintain the current status quo for decades to come until the planet is inhospitable.
>>
>>1731230
They also had a game that used map data before, a 911 dispatcher sim. That game used a 2d vector map so the models are new, but they should have the job of identifying building types figured.
>>
i dunno my negros im enjoying the game. The story is well made especially for the indie. I came with the lowest expectations given the scale and was pleasantly surprised.
>>
>>1731230
>Portraits are AI
no wonder they look so good then
>>
>>1731521
I swear 90% of the portraits are women.
Not that I'm complaining, they do all look good
>>
>>1731313
>constantly babbling "too big to fail" over and over again
yep, you are an actual american
imagine applying the same mode of thought that led to a global recession to a fucking country lmao
>>
>>1730723
>>1730726
It's still barely enough to get by and the fact is you spend to much to fast vs what you can produce.
>>
>>1731486
Yeah, it just needs some more work. Def one of the better EA games to come out so far.
>>
File: file.png (2.35 MB, 1186x1082)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB PNG
eh
>>
fuck the forester the main thing i would focus on rn is better squad controls like adding a button to take the closest vehicle and adding research option for auto scavenging in the late game
>>
>>1731629
>overextend
>just 3 squads
>no towers among buildings
You had this coming.
>>
>>1731561
Recessions are relatively minor compared to total collapses. The fact that you don't realize this indicates you are brown
>>
>>1730858
Elevation may come later.
>>
File: 20240418014058_1.jpg (408 KB, 1920x1080)
408 KB
408 KB JPG
Didn't had single horde in 50 days. Did i won?
>>
>>1730859
absolute commie kino
>>
>>1731670
its a difficulty spike
base design is shit yes and i can do better but will instead wait for the qol updates
>>
>>1731678
>21 max squad
how?
>>
>>1731678
is that a zombiejak on your flag lol
>>
>>1731313
American public order is going down every year, a civil war happening is starting to become a real danger, at this rate it just needs 5 more years and a spark. You're overestimating the value of money in a country full of armed civilians
History is full of fools claiming that everything is okay while their country falls apart and do nothing about it as a result, don't be one of them
>>
>>1731561
>global recession
That is miles away from an actual civil war you mouthbreathing ape.
>>1731729
Ah yes, five more years! Everything is five years away, don't you know? India will be a super power, we'll all have flying cars, all labor will be performed by machines, cure to cancer, TND, nuclear holocaust, Silksong, synthetic meat, insect burgers, nuclear fusion, Biden goes to jail, etc. etc.
The only thing five years away from now is you graduating high school.
>>
>>1731717
>pick literally any building as starting HQ exept one you want to
>instantly start to scavenge for resources and when have enough start building HQ in the building you want to (it's has to be big)
>Once second HQ done, move all your squads in it, and wait til Infected kill old HQ
>when it's done, delete old HQ instead repairing
Once this done, your second HQ become your main, and your get squad limit comparable to number of people who can live in it (based HQ always have space 27, my there can have space for around 117 iirc.
>>
>>1731726
Sadly yes, i didn't find a way to rename zone or change flag.
>>
>>1731743
Also, there is trick, if you build second HQ just for a little, and then bait some infected at night to destroy it, you can save alot of resources as for game, it's be count as fully build, and all you have need is to repair it to full, which is faster and require less resources than simply building it.
It's can be done by baiting infected with one of your squad getting inside of it, with fire-at-will disabled to not kill infected before they wreck it.
>>
>>1731743
or the less cheesy way is to just build multiple HQ's. Ive completely ignored this building option for some reason just assuming i cant have more than one
>>
File: file.png (2.55 MB, 1336x986)
2.55 MB
2.55 MB PNG
a floating commieblock
also turns out water doesnt exist, zombies just walk on top of it
>>
>>1731792
It slows both them and you down.
You can build defences along rivers for a slight advantage
>>
>>1731792
that's just a russian houseboat
>>
>>1731740
Are you being disingenuous or are you really that oblivious to the downward spiral America is in?
Whatever I'm not gonna discuss this further this isn't /pol/, you can keep living in a bubble and convincing yourself everything is fine, but be aware that attitude only increases the chances of a collapse happening
>>
>>1731740
Civil Wars and conflicts in general are more likely to start during perceived backwards slides rather than just during critical problems. People rebel and act out when they feel like a right given is being taken from them or that they're being constrained in some way, once they're used to a brutal, totalitarian regime and that's been the status quo for some time the eventually settle into it.

Right now, many Americans feel like they're losing ground on both sides of the fence and coupled with the few actual problems going on are making the place into a powder keg.
>>
>>1732065
You've just convinced me that you buy into sensationalism and have no inkling of the gulf between all the aformentioned issues and a substantial portion of the populace actually taking steps to begin a civil war.
>>
>muh civil war
try the collapse of the USSR but with black and brown people
>>
>>1732065
>once they're used to a brutal, totalitarian regime and that's been the status quo for some time the eventually settle into it
imagine thinking this isn't already the case, but instead of brutal totalitarian regime it's globohomo bread & circus consumerism. people are complacent despite the civil war larping, and they've been replaced at a breakneck pace by people even more complacent for decades now with zero violent opposition.
>>
>>1731866
>Are you being disingenuous or are you really that oblivious to the downward spiral America is in?
>t. from 1930
>>
>>1731866
>Are you being disingenuous or are you really that oblivious to the downward spiral America is in?
"Capitalistic degenerate west will fall any moment now! Just you wait!"
>>
>>1731866
The entire world is in a downward spiral. America is not unique in that regard. The collapse will happen, but it will happen globally and not in our lifetimes.
>>1732065
Do you have any idea how many more steps of escalation it would take for a full blown civil war to happen in America? Most Americans can barely even fry an egg. You expect them to garner enough manpower, weapons, ammunition, medical supplies, food, water, logistics networks, etc. to possibly enact a meaningful civil war? You are out of your fucking mind.
>>
>>1731313
It's hilarious that glowniggers are actually desperate to belive this.
>>
Finally someone uploaded on cis.rin.ru
>>
>Choose Isreal.
>Keep getting attacked by hostile groups instead of zombies.

Also there needs to be an easier way to get people.
>>
>>1734021
i have a theory that every time you use the call on the tower a group of survivors spawns. Probably not but i used it very often and had no issues with recruits
>>
>>1732361
What color is the sky in your world?
>>
File: file.png (2.36 MB, 1649x914)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB PNG
hehe this is going to be complete shit
>>
File: file.png (204 KB, 1448x792)
204 KB
204 KB PNG
>>1736020
yep, dont recommend
>>
>>1736179
If they ever add boats it'll be a good start.
>>
>>1736187
doubtful
there are no advantages except that zombies are getting to you slower, but the main gameplay is still scavenging and water makes it much more tedious
>>
>>1727014
>Zombies in 2024
>>
>>1736020
Where is this?
>>
>>1736299
Nta, but probably Santa Cruz del Islote (A.K.A. the most densely populated island in the world).
>>
Played the game. The total gameplay is way too simple right now to recommend, but I do have a soft spot for it because it reminds me of Newground Flash games.

For anyone new the tower is a trap. Your early to mid game is enough with a squad kiting in the car, and a squad hunkered in building if you really want to be sure.
>>
File: 1710762297980069.png (265 KB, 560x315)
265 KB
265 KB PNG
>>
>>1736513
i just love google map traveling
>>
>>1736513
It has a great idea but it's too barebones right now I agree
>>
>>1736187
Instead of Zombies you'll get attacked by Somalians
>>
>>1736510
Anyone try the kowloon walled city yet?
>>
File: file.png (3 MB, 1358x984)
3 MB
3 MB PNG
>>
File: file.png (3.48 MB, 1814x1162)
3.48 MB
3.48 MB PNG
>>1736766
>>
>>1736767
gulaghomo-core
>>
File: Kowloon.jpg (1.35 MB, 1921x3132)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
>>1736754
Anon that place been torn down since 1994... Damn it's been 30 years...
Interesting as a concept though I agree. Probably one can make it using the map maker; although probably the whole city would be one giant building.
>>
>>1736766
>>1736767
Improvement.
>>
>>1736766
>>1736767
Jesus, they turned a pleasent looking area into a commie shithole
>>
>>1736841
thats zombie apocalypse for you
>>
File: 083917.jpg (1.1 MB, 2557x1438)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
the furthest i got
the moment zombies destroy a big warehouse its over, AI just shits itself to death
>>
>>1736792
unfunny forced meme used as a "no u" by people who don't have real beliefs outside of unironic killpeopleism
>>
>>1736889
Yeah that's the thing that bugs me about this game is that the size of the building doesn't give it more HP; its set to the building type. So unless it's a really niche situation it's always better to have multiple small warehouses that can be built/repaired faster than one large one. The warehouses have a transdimentional network built in so location doesn't matter either.
>>
>>1736909
Tell the devs they should fix that in a future update, they seem receptive to feedback

>>1736905
>Salty thirdworlder
>>
>>1736841
It looks like a generic US downtown without glass buildings
>>
>>1736912
go back to your containment thread on the containment board
>>
>>1736938
You're one to talk, when its clear where you are actually from
>>
>>1736602
im 60% sure they did that face intentionally
>>
>>1736940
says the one regurgitating a milhouse-tier "meme" that was thought up by redditor and discord tourists squatting on this site who didn't understand the meaning of the word they were aping aside from it being used by their enemies in the other contaimment thread
>>
File: 20240424215548_1.jpg (2.32 MB, 3840x2160)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB JPG
I thought this was pretty good but there is not enough food.
>>
>>1736972
>building fields outside of walls
>not close to gates even
Why people like this?
Also make more squads 6~ will be good, and scavenge for food, meanwhile make sure to research fertilizer and make second kitchen instead of tools factory. You don't really need it, you get enough tools from scavenge.
>>
>>1737006
Farms don't get attacked so there's no need to build them in your walls and there are two gates right by them. The bottleneck is cook houses and barns.
I thought making a small base would be better since you can concentrate your fire easily but it's too small. I can get enough food with cars but it's not fun microing them constantly.
>>
File: 20240418031536_1.jpg (447 KB, 1920x1080)
447 KB
447 KB JPG
>>1737013
Well, i never had problem with micro, but it's me. Basically i didn't even farmed til day 60~ as i could scavenge map with my 4 cars.
Only way i see for you to solve wood problem is again remove some relatively useless building like Tools factory, and replace it with second cookhouse, as well as possible get canning facility running for extra food generation,
Also, if devs didn't fix it yet, at day around 70~ hordes just stop show up.
>>
>>1737062
I think the only way to save that map is to make a second mini base at the square on the top left with a cannery, barn and command centre.
I think the global storage would get around any logistics issues.
Might just start a new map though.
I managed to burn through all my tools pretty quick and getting new ones was a pain in the ass since it's just random luck if you find them. I could probably just make one of the tiny buildings a tools factory since as you said you don't really need that many.
I wish they would make scavenging like gathering resources so I could just set my guys to a square and zoom out to watch for hordes.
A dedicated menu for your scavenging teams would be good too so you can just toggle them back to base without zooming around the map.
They can keep it gated behind the communication tower it doesn't make much difference
>>
File: 091310.jpg (174 KB, 1497x1165)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>1737062
>at day around 70~
>>
I never got the appeal of zombie games. It’s a saturated market.
>>
>>1731866
>but be aware that attitude only increases the chances of a collapse happening
I’m not so sure you can just will that by attitude
>>
>>1732460
Are these glowniggers inside your walls right now?
>>
>>1736905
Depends who we’re killing.
>>
File: 1712001468269693.gif (82 KB, 242x400)
82 KB
82 KB GIF
>>1737263
You know what you are.
>>
>>1727317
You basedjaked while yawning
>>
>>1737483
thats why you cover you mouth, for that exact reason
>>
Is there any point to go beyond assigned worker of 4? It seems like the efficiency drops around that point and you're better off making a new structure. Not to mention that your most important resource, food, is bottleneck to the field which is hardset to only 2 workers.
I guess you can dump the unemployed as emergency labour force if you need a type of resource fast, but I don't think you're ever that dire of a particular resource in this game.
>>
>>1736513
>but I do have a soft spot for it because it reminds me of Newground Flash games.
it's pretty much inspired by Rebuild i'd say
>>
>>1730858
>>1730859
and it nevel well, it uses a free maps API; the real good shit requires you to pay, and they aren't gonna buy a ridiculous 70gbs file map of the planet just for this game.
>>
>>1740372
Yeah pretty much. Although this is more of an RTS-esque, the art and the direction has that spirit. Similar to last stand: aftermath (that one's way more polished though).

Survived for 61 days then quit as it had no gameplay beyond that. Currently the HQ and Sniper Rifle are broken. You can game your squads by disbanding them in one HQ and forming them in another far away HQ to "fast travel". HQ itself has 9000 HP so can take a lot of hits, and having 6+ squads with SRs will melt all resistance. Good to have a decoy HQ so you can divide the swarm.
Real challenge is to find a good location to colonize, as you can't build new structures currently but adapt ruins. Although as this anon >>1737062 states you can survive fairly well by scavenging unless you literally picked butt-fuck nowhere for the map. In that sense it's better to just rush research and unlock SR mass production to arm your men.
Hopefully they expand more on the expedition mechanic as that was shit.
>>
>>1736602
Please also edit the skull into a Discord/Reditt logo too
>>
File: 1701480886760856.png (264 KB, 560x315)
264 KB
264 KB PNG
>>1746030
>Please also edit the skull into a Discord/Reditt logo too
Just because you asked nicely.
>>
>>1747007
nice
now we just have to wait for the game to become popular so that the image would be useful

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.