[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: gorg.jpg (194 KB, 620x544)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
Lands of Lords thread

How goes your fiefs m'lords? I'm trying to make the highest quality wax and soap around just for the sake of it but it's not coming together well.
How about >(You)?
>>
>>1669175
You must be somewhere warm, because the north is a frozen hellscape right now and making anything of quality is difficult.
>>
File: A normal human village.png (694 KB, 555x542)
694 KB
694 KB PNG
>>1669175
Made this a while back
Don't have much going on in LoL right now
Just waiting for Endor to sink I guess
>>
*sips* For me? It's the pisswater in the Grug's Glug and Chug pub in Greggswick.
>>
>>1669175
I'm waiting for the next temperate continent to start over. Should be mid-April, right?
>>
new player in insulae australis here
can someone give a rundown on the current state of ingerland?
>>
>>1670044
New continents come out on the solstices and equinoxes so mid March.
>>
>>1669686
Did they change temperature mechanics? I thought sub-zero is perfect for making things.
>>
GODSON LIVES
>>
>>1670569
I like farming and farm products.
>>
>create a new account
>groomers arrive within an hour
They work fast these days, don't they?
>>
>>1671350
there's a new newb alert system lol
>>
>the Federation of Basado
>>
>>1672885
>boorg too busy ERPing in trooncord to even check on his domains
Ingerland died on Nessos when Greggswick's keep fell. You can't change my mind.
>>
And now the proud Tileans (they don't like being called that, but now they can't be called Archeotypes either, because the empire fell, so who cares) are shitting tikets about their greatness and proud retribution. But they close comments because they're afraid they'll be made to cry
We used to despise such things lmao
>>
Folks, let's just destroy Tilea. I'd rather be anything than a Tileans
>>
File: pig.pt.jpg (10 KB, 176x176)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
What's he thinking about?
>>
>>1675918
The state of the game.
>>
>>1675614
Any memorable / funny tickets from the last 2 years, russian or otherwise?
I don't keep track of them anymore
>>
New /vst/ faction when?
>>
>>1676130
Yesterday, Tilea and her opponents began their mutual excommunication and then put rewards on each other's heads. The tiket turned into a thread
>>
>zombies now attack groups of units inside buildings
>>
dead game
>>
>>1671652
how long has it been in the game?
>>
>>1669175
RaPE
>>
>>1669175
>tech tree
>>
The Beacons of Mantolas! The Beacons are lit! Eressea will sink in 36 days. Shadow leader of the Tileans calls Skychicken for help...
>>
File: Tit for-.png (7 KB, 307x283)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>1680760
Australia is all the rage now, I doubt they'll even have a token fight on Endor
>>
>>1669175
Just saw this and was curious so made a new account. Have no idea what I'm doing but I appear to be harvesting eggs and coconuts
>>
Is kinross tilea? All I know is that they are on discord and I am being groomed by them.
>>
>>1683599
yes
>>
>>1683599
Tilea has a lot of sub-factions and Kinross is one of them, but it's not accurate to say they are "Tilea".
>>
>>1683439
oof you are in the tropics then
>>
Can you 'uneducate' your peasants in this game?
>>
>>1688524
Not really. You can just retrain them as usual, but you can't turn them back into settlers. Another option is to delete/kill them and wait for new settlers to arrive, if you really want them for some reason.
>>
File: cringefer.jpg (67 KB, 669x277)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
H-Hey, I'm still relevant too! You didn't forget about me right? Right? Hehe..
>>
game has been dead since godwin left
>>
>>1688695
Sex offender registry
>>
>>1688785
Who? Hawkwood or Trisfer?
Also, did anyone figure out how much time units need to rest? I know that happiness of the unit helps, but anything else?
>>
>>1688867
Both.
Aside from happiness, it's influenced by unit's constitution, but I have no idea how to calculate the exact time.
>>
So, what is happening on the religious side? I see there is a matriarch in Mantolas, from house Augis, and then Kast that is the pope? Can someone explain me? Also, how the hell did Tilea and Archeotype fracture the game is in a mess right now.
>>
Yo, nice to find a spot I can ask some questions that aren't the in game forums. :> Google search coming in clutch, didn't even think to check 4chan.
>>
I'll try and keep it short as I can but if you guys don't mind me asking some as a new player, as I don't wanna ask in the in game forums. :>

- How does military units capture lords work?(I keep seeing something about players needing something call 'offense' before you can do this)

- Can you still loot lords that aren't offensive? Like inactives or lords who aren't around or is it limited to specifically lords with past transgressions?

- What are brigands and zombies and are they something I should be concerned about?

- Do wooden walls actively prevent units from intruding into things like wooden castles or some such? Say I make a enclosed area with wooden walls and put a wooden castle inside, do units need to get past the outer walls first before being allowed access to the castle on the inside? How about if a unit is using intrusion?
>>
>>1689608
I don't usually play the military side of the game but I'll try to answer anyway.
The military units can capture only lords with one "!" Nark on their portraits. The characters with two "!!" can also be executed. I don't remember what you had to do tobget offense, iirc if your units attack someone you will get it, even if it's just an automatic response, or at least it was like this back in the days. When you loot an unit (even a lord) you can only loot the money they have on then feon their daily pay, but you can loot everyone. Back in the days it used to be that looting structures let you rob people pf their goods, so it was profitable to go around sacking inactives, but nowadays this can't happen anymore as admin doesn't want us to have fun. Btw looting is an aggressive action and you will get the offense status. Speaking of looting this is mostly what brigants will do. They will arrive in big groups and mug your units. They can be just killed but their stats and equipment are not something a newbie can deal with. They won't try to intrude but they can really sink the happiness of your units stealing their money, especially since admin decided units will usually go around wirh all the money they ever got in their pockets. Zombies are a fucking pain in the ass, they spawn during Halloween and can infect units that will turn into zombies when they die. Zombies shouldn't get back to live if you have an undertaker putting to rest the bodies od the death, but admin decided to postpone their introduction in the game because lol lmao. Zombies are especially dangerous because they will attack every unit standing alone in the open and go for the kill. Lastly, yes, a ring of walls whill cuck units out of the inner area, of course only if they can't occupy a gate tile.
>>
Ty sm for this response, I'll make sure to stay weary of brigands. Hopefully I'll be mostly fine but I'll try and get a couple military units together in the off chance any do pop up. :>
>>
Free counties in the far north of Ursalia:
https://www.landsoflords.com/arm/org/59117
https://www.landsoflords.com/arm/org/57003
>>
One day I will put some actual effort into designing my cities.
>>
>>1694311
For me, designing is the fun part.
Microing every single builder team is such a chore in this game.
>>
How does guilds work? Do I keed a city to make one? Once I make one then what? How does it makes me make money?
>>
>>1697151
>How does guilds work?
They can use trading ships and barges to form trade routes between distant domains which can improve supply/demand and item quality between the connected domains.
>Do I keed a city to make one?
You need LOL+, a domain with 5k or more population, a city hall, and no existing guild in the city.
>Once I make one then what?
Build trade ships/trade barges using the territorial domain then send your guild master to it to buy it so the guild owns it. The domain that you're going to connect using trade ships needs to build a lighthouse, then the domain owning character goes to the trade ship and requests a trade route that the guild master approves. Trade barges work on rivers while ships are intercontinental.
>How does it makes me make money?
You get a portion of the trade tax for all transactions that made use of trade ships/trade barges that your guild owns.

Overall it's not worth the slots and you're better off finding someone else who has a guild to help you connect since 1 guild can own as many trade ships and connect as many domains as its owner wants.
>>
>>1697186
That was a really good explanation. I'm still not sure I'll make it, I was thinking of making a guild just for RP reasons, and for the population boost to my town. I don't really want to make a city, they just cost money.
>>
File: wagner lol.png (11 KB, 275x63)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
Wagner bros...
>>
>>1697891
It's over... By the way, did admin remove the Ukraine flag in the end?
>>
Does this game follow strictly western European medieval aesthetics and structures or does it also cover others like Byzantium and Muslims?
If not are there plans for them in the future?
>>
>>1700548
there are muslim and russian style titles and soldiers too
>>
>>1700702
No Byzantines?
>>
>>1700762
No. I also heard admin was going to add middle-eastern style for buildings but a year passed and we saw nothing. As we saw nothing about the clergy rework and much more stuff. Who knows.
>>
>>1680872
Nevermind, let the showdown begin
https://www.landsoflords.com/map/00962E17463N
https://www.landsoflords.com/map/00986E17762N
Be sure to post pictures here
>>
What do you do in this game?
Is there any scope for player interaction, ie trade and war?
Is it an 'actions per day' kind of deal?
Does progress depend on anything more than the age of your account and activity?

What cool shit can you do?
Any memorable moments?
What's it like to actually play this game and engage with its community?
>>
>>1706996
it's an entirely player driven game, very open in what you want to do. pretty much anything cool requires cooperation. no limit to actions, but they all take time. building a large lordship takes months, even with help.
>>
>>1707066
What do you do with that large lordship once it's built? Simply look at it on the map as a monument for others to admire?
I'm thinking I might like to get into the game if it has a meaningful PVP element, even if it's only political.

What's with the map, too, is it not bounded? It seems there're endless islands full of random factions.
>>
New continent dropped
verdantian depopulation speedrun any%
>>
>>1707413
Tiny ass "continent". Another admin deubachery.
>>
So I figure building my city from better quality materials will make my people happier, and .. work faster?

From what I can tell the game seems mostly about autoselling stuff on the market to make gold to buy stuff to make more stuff to autosell .. somewhere along the line you must start training an army or something. For what purpose other than to take land to build more to sell?

I'm finding most of the armorial content to be quite boring - full of detail that doesn't appear to have any meaning within the game mechanics.The most recent Armorial entry is case in point - a writeup about how crowns can effect the wearers health, including a recipe for some medical concoction intended to treat it https://www.landsoflords.com/arm/org/12227/939724
Compared to entries like this, which actually explains elements of the market via roleplay - https://www.landsoflords.com/arm/lord/11696/197369

I'll stick with it for a bit longer, maybe try to put out my own newbie armorial about the first week of my hamelt, but prospects aren't looking good.
>>
>>1709280
If you're getting bored of this pay to win garbage maybe consider trying out Ymir
>>
>>1709296
>If you're getting bored of this pay to win garbage maybe consider trying out that pay to play garbage
>>
I wish the game would do another full wipe again. Everything back to ground zero on one massive continent.
One can be wishful at least.
>>
>>1709339
I'm halfway sure that the current blobs would just blob again and we would be back to the same cocksuckery
>>
>>1709296
Ymir looks awesome but I can't justify paying ÂŁ30~ for a game that's been updated only four times in the last 12 months, the two most recent being 5 months apart.
A particular review sounds daunting though it is 4 years old.
I'll keep an eye on it but it doesn't look promising.

At this rate I'll probably drop Lords and try Nation States again.

>>1709324
>pay to win / Pay to play
Single time purchase compared to how many months worth of recurring payments to stay relevant on the other game?
Actually, let's see; €23.75 full access alpha game or 142 days (a little under 5 months) of subscription for the same price.
Not so cut and dry but Ymir looks nicer and appears to have decent social mechanics rather than pure RP, desu.
>>
>>1709324
>pay to play
lmao typical land of trannies cope
>>
>>1709453
>Ymir looks awesome but I can't justify paying ÂŁ30~ for a game that's been updated only four times in the last 12 months
The reason there hasn't been many updates recently is because the dev is working on a massive update that is being nicknamed "Ymir 2.0" which will upgrade the graphics from 2D to 3D
>>
>>1709910
The game is janky right now but I do dread how the 3d is going to turn out. Like are the maps going to be hexagons instead of squares as well?
>>
>>1709950
>Like are the maps going to be hexagons instead of squares as well?
unfortunately yes
but the update will also vastly improve loading times which many people complain about constantly on the current version
>>
>Russian alts have already taken over the new continent
Its over.
>>
>>1712642
I'd be suprised if all the migrants from Verdantia weren't going to utterly dwarf the 5 people coming from Endor + the couple russian gĂŠnocidaires permawarring for fun
>>
>>1712642
Every day I pray to our god emperor Blackwood to cleanse the land of russian blight.
>>
>remove artifact raids from the game
Boooooooring
>>
File: roru.png (17 KB, 521x29)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
rumao
>>
>relics now bond to houses
Based
>dragons
holy fucking shit
>>
>>1713639
Russian hands typed this post
>>
How much time it will take for Verdantia and Endor to sink? Also, won't this kinda fuck the movements between continents?
>>
>>1717710
Verdantia will start sinking 20 days before the autumn equinox (+7 days before it's actually gone I think).
I assume the summer continent will be way north and not close to Australia.
So Australia might be unreachable until the autumn continent spawns which I assume will be where Endor is now.
Or they might decide to spawn it a bit earlier.

On a different note, if you still have cash in Paradisa you might want to move it now. When Endor is gone it'll all have to go through Australia to get to Verdantia, Mantolas etc. and so it'll get a +/- 70% transfer penalty.
>>
Dragon Egg owners. Totally random btw.
>>
>>1713639
yeah
tilean fags are old and tired and can't keep up with the energy of the russians who now outnumber them
>>
>>1718317
Wow some amazing luck there lmao
>>
>>>/vmg/
Fuck off with your facebook-tier trash 'game' you fucking fannies
>>
What the fuck you can't move the market square anymore?
>>
File: 1712052910478325m.jpg (119 KB, 1024x1024)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
Can I automate farms and selling produce so I can just log in every few days or when I remember the game exists? Or do I have to log every day to sow my fields?
>>
>>1719753
You can automate units to plough and harvest fields.
>>
>>1719272
Bros? I reeeally really need to move the market square, but if I try to destroy it it will eat the tokens and do nothing.
>>
>>1720264
try making a ticket on the forum
>>
>District of Basado
>>
How do I get good plantations? My surveyors can only make 20% shit.
>>
>>1669175
I tried to play, gor used to ui, but this game is so excruciatingly fucking boring.
>>
>>1719877
>harvesting
The quality drops and eventually goes ogre even if you till, no?
>>
>>1721666
No, the field becomes a fallow field when you harvest and an automated ploughman will come along and turn it into a new ploughed field which resets the quality.
>>
>>1669175
I found all my shit decayed to nothingness after logging in.
I moved to the new continent. Is there Ingerlish presence there already?
Also please give tips if Abbey is a good goal because this time I want something small to manage, I got burned out by managing lordship, town and 3 or four villages.
>>
>>1721976
Ingerland is dead.
Abbeys aren't particularly useful and are usually considered to be vanity projects, but if you're okay with that - go for it.
>>
>>1722458
What type of holding would you recommend to someone who doesn't want to involve himself with big dudes plays (counts etc) but still holds some local relevancy?
>>
>>1722488
just lordships and villages bro. they can't possibly be hard to manage, just make the folks quarry stone and harvest wood automatically (and settle in a place where there is lots of wood and stone), and do some farming in the lordship
>>
How do I turn my village into a monastery? Do I need to turn it into a parish first?
>>
>>1722488
One lordship , one town, two villages. With a parish on the lordship and the town, that is 15 slots which leaves 10 more for whatever you like.
>>
>>1722974
>>1723395
I had such setup and it's so much clicking
>>
>>1723448
The only way you're going to avoid that in this game is by writing a script
Though you can still minimize it somewhat by avoiding agriculture (the most clicking), large towns/lordships and anything requiring you to build a ton of roads.

Things that require the least amount of clicking:
If you settle near large forests, hunters, woodcutters, leatherworkers gathering tannin (with some trees) and fruitgrowers (if those trees bear fruit, so no building orchards) only requires training
Hunter shelters don't require roads and you need only one per hunter (unlike the billion of hives you need for a beekeeper for example)
Craftsmen working in in workshops, forges or especially streets are fine too but not all of them are profitable

This all requires housing so you still need to spam streets
Buying construction materials in bulk helps somewhat
>>
>>1723561
Thank you
>>
>>1723561
Redpill me on scripts, does the game have an api?
>>
File: o6xypg00uac91[1].png (1.62 MB, 1892x2142)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
>>1723626
no
>>
>>1723296
I don't remember but usually abbeys start as religious foundations. You can turn an hamlet into one too, but they are not compatible with steets (just with huts) so most of your village housing will become useless. You will retain your villagers anyway so you could just uae them while you build the abbey and slowly turn them into monks too.
>>
>>1724038
Hamlets can only be upgraded into villages and lordships. If you want an abbey/priory you have to start with religious foundation. You can check the in-game wiki to see which organizations turn into what:https://www.landsoflords.com/help/org/land:hamlet
>>
If I set a resource to be automatically bought, will it be bought just to satisfy automatic production orders or will it also be bought to be sold to units?(like butter to guys that want to consume butter)
>>
>>1725479
The resources will be bought for automatic production. Units automatically buy whatever they need with their money if they have enough on hand so you don't need to worry about them so long as you pay them enough.
>>
>If I upgrade my hamlet to a lordship I lose my limestone mines
>after spending two days building the roads to them
This is gay
>>
>>1727114
Plan nigga, plan.
>>
>>1723395
>thinking you will find a spot to put one lordship, one town and two villages next to each other
>implying every continent isn't already crowded
>>
My fellow noblemen, it is with heavy heart that I must announce the death of Ingerland. It did not fell due to the heathen army of the eastern principalities, nor were they conquered by the Franks of Gaul.
It instead died from old age, and a minor case of diarrhoea. May god have mercy on the poor and tortured soul of this once great nation. Their saga shall not be soon forgotten.
>>
>>1728299
How many times has Ingerland canonically died already
I guess we might see another Ingerland on the summer continent, but if so I doubt it'd be as cohesive as it once was in the past
>>
wow this thread is still alive
>>
>>1730432
lech has returned, the prophecy has been fulfilled
>>
File: Krytos.png (1.22 MB, 968x968)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
Reminder that this is where Ingerland actually died.
>>
>>1735401
Remember what the Hyperion Russians took from you.
>>
>>1735401
I shall pray for the return of Ingerland with the next continent. Still wish I could get lucky with metal deposits though.
>>
I want to get into this game but I get bored after a few days
>>
>another day another forum post complaining about how admin is repelling and offending the Russian community
How long until a Russian rip of the game pops up?
>>
>>1737116
what did the admin do
>>
>>1669818
Formerly Jutes' Glutes & Chutes
>>
I made my heir found a parish and now he has a parish but no buildings, no money and can't even train clerics in the church (it is property of my lordship). What is he even supposed to do then?
>>
>>1740171
>buy some gold in the town then eject it and store it in the parish
>sell gold
>send parish owner and lord who owns the temple to the temple
>have the parish owner purchase the church in the two shields menu
>send a unit to the temple to be trained into a priest once the parish owns the temple
>have the priest then a sculptor/stone mason then a painter/potter/armourer consecrate the temple to a deity
>set the priest to automate prayer including automatic purchase of any needed items for the prayer
>enjoy prayer benefits

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.