[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: attila3.png (278 KB, 480x273)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
FOR THEY ARE WEAK.

GUARD OUR SPIRITS. AND KEEP US

FROM ETERNAL DARKNESS.

"HE OPENED THE Total War: Attila Thread,

AND BEHOLD THE SUN BECAME BLACK.

AND THE MOON BECAME LIKE BLOOD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lXsYjQz3g0&ab_channel=CPr0d

The day of reckoning has come.
>>
dork
>>
>install Europa Perdita + Fall of the Eagle revised
>ERE economy is literally 8k on the negative because of building maintenace
lol
lmao

What should i use instead? Just FOTS? I don't think you can remove the faggot's "revised" edition without breaking the mods.
>>
>>1494525
New hot mod. 901 Anno Domini, with a revamped Charlemagne campaign that allows us as to play as the main character (the Roman Empire) trying to reconquer Italy and expel muslims from Sicily.
>>
Let's delay the end times here. The Huns haven't arrived here yet.
>>
>>1496807
The last one went on for almost 6 months. It was kino af thread though.
So should I go through Charlemagne campaign or just download 1212A.D?
>>
>>1497135
There is the new 901 Anno Domini mod too.
>>
>>1497176
Last time I played 1212 on legendary the imbalance was absolutely atrocious, even worse than vanilla attila. Once my heavy shock cav broke fighting crossbowmen. I think it's really only playable on hard, it's not balanced for higher difficulties.
>>
>>1497135
>1212A.D
barely functionable meme mod
>>
>>1496807
Attila threads last 6-7 months give or take. This might still be up by Christmas.
>>
File: 159299649.jpg (6 KB, 183x207)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>install attilla against my better judgement
>start game
>gpu fans go into overdrive
>1500 fps
why
>>
>>1499910
You paid for all of your memory so you're going to use all of your memory.
>>
>>1499517
>>1496807
This is an Attila board.
>>
>>1499910
How to avoid this? I've been messing with settings but my fans sound like a Harrier. Also installed that mod that tweaks LOD distance in the battlefield but nothing works
In Rome II I can play with 40 units per army without my fans overloading but not in ATTILA.
>>
I remember when Atilla came out and all the youtubers at the time were shitting on it, meanwhile i was having the most fun with gaming since middle school.
>>
>>1499910
NO MERCY FOR THE GPU FANS
FOR THEY ARE WEAK.
GUARD OUR CPUS, AND KEEP US
FROM ETERNAL LAGTIMES.
HE OPENED THE MAIN MENU,
AND BEHOLD THE SCREEN BECAME BLACK.
AND THE RAM BECAME LIKE BLOOD.
>>
>>1499910
Pretty sure it was almost necessary to set a fps max.

>>1500716
Pisses me off desu. Rome 2 got deservedly shat on and CA but a ton of effort into it leaving a flawed game that too many recommend but shitters can't comprehend Attila and it got left at the wayside.
>>
File: zelensky3.jpg (76 KB, 680x680)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>1500754
Attila is half a game and half a survival experience.
>>
>>1500716
It's the closest I've ever come in gaming to how the original Rome Total War felt since Europa Barbarorum. Like the part of your brain that craves history and acting out the past getting finally satisfied in a way you didn't even fully understand your hunger for. From the moment I heard the menu music and saw the silhouettes riding by I was in that zone again.
>>
>>1499910
Attila is optimised for future hardware, please come back in 50 years.
>>
>>1503687
So, you're telling me there's a chance it will get another update again?

It is truly the survival of players who carry on.
>>
>>1494525
I prefer Age of Charlemagne.
>>
I actually had a pretty good go at winning WRE on the hardest difficult before they nerfed corruption. I believe I got bored though bapping the infinite hun armies though not being able to get Attila to battle. Even now though I think if I go back and play it there are some better ways to do it. By far the best method though is knocking out the Africans and the brit small powers since they can summon up so many armies that way you can lock down the west to turn a profit and keep the peace without needing roaming armies.
>>
>>1504786
Attila's fanbase is fanatical.

It has one of the most active modding community per playerbase, which means players still work miracles in this engine. This game is just so special.
>>
FUCK CLIMATE CHANGE
>>
>>1506364
Cant blame them, if you ignore the poor optimization its the best historical title CA has put out in nearly a decade
>>
so does it run better now? Since CA removed chat and we all know that chat was the thing really keeping the frames down
>>
>>1509907
You sure? I thought it was the inability to count automatically the number of threads of your processor located in a textfile?
>>
>>1509907
>so does it run better now?
No.
>>
>>1509907
yes
>>
>>1509907
I don’t know
>>
>>1499910
>>1500709
>>1500754
>>1503687

My GTX 760 literally runs the game flawlessly.

You need period correct hardware. New systems swallow razor blades when attempting to understand how to run atilla while my 2012 windows 8 pc just goes
>”lol ok here”
>>
>>1506818
>Slavic Paganism: the 5th century solution to 21st century problems?
>>
>>1514955
>Have you tried using the ashes and burned remains of the conquered? It brings new life according to Mokosh!
>>
>>1494525
>>
>>1509907
Wait a bit, I'm trying to build up a new PC. If everything goes right, I might test it.
>>
File: 20230813213308_1.jpg (649 KB, 1920x1080)
649 KB
649 KB JPG
Playing Anno Domini: 919 AOC Overhaul rn. its seems fun
>>
>>1499910
Set your GPU max frame limit to whatever your screen refresh rate is
Boom, never have the issue ever again for any game in the history of mankind
>>
>ryzen 5600x
>rtx 4070
>30 fps in battles and on campaign map
This game is a fucking joke.
>>
File: raiders.jpg (510 KB, 1920x1080)
510 KB
510 KB JPG
>>1522813

I kind of prefer Age of Vikings, but do enjoy the Hungarians just spawning armies across the map according with historical events, actually makes you keep a force or two in your interior in case any Magyars are breaking through. Age of Vikings is also fun, i guess it can be a bridge between AoC and 919AD
>>
So, is there a decent mod manager that works?
>>
>>1522831
Nta, yes that usually works, but not with Attila in my case. Maybe it's my potato but this game is taxing and I can't tell why. It doesn't even look better than Shogun 2.
>>
Will we ever get a great historical Total War again?
Three Kingdoms (Record mode counts) got shitted on by crazy bad DLC practices and abandoing the game before it was fully done.
Seems like they're just gonna focus on Warhammer and other PopCulture IPs since that's what all the Twitch babies love.
>>
It’s time for Rome to become more German.

True roman oppose the false government and join the Germans.

The true soul of Rome never fell, it simply became more German and Celtic etc.
>>
File: egyptians.jpg (1.38 MB, 3778x1632)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB JPG
>>1524184
We're back
>>
>>1524212
the spirit of germanicus spits in your face
the g*rms killed rome and wore its skin in pretend for a thousand years afterwards
>>
Is this really the best TW? Does it still run like complete shit?
>>
>building slots
>retarded provinces system
nah, it's trash
>>
>>1524455
>Is this really the best TW?
no, Medieval 2 is imo, but holy shit this game is punishing as hell so there's that. but I'm not into having my soul drained for the next 50 hours
>Does it still run like complete shit?
yes even with the britbong law chat removal/performance update. hey at least they at some point fixed the bug I originally had where unit cards and ability descriptions turned into black boxes for me
>>
God I hate Attila so fucking much, I don't even know how I managed to get 100 hours in this game, I must have hated every second of it and every couple of years I go back and waste another day trying to get into this, honestly, WORST Total War game. I could have had fun playing quite literally ANY other TW (not counting Warhammer 3, ToB, Chinks and Troy, because I didn't play those and don't intend to, ever).
>>
>>1524577
Wow you sound just like a retarded bitch. Oh well, not like anyone gives a shit about you.
>>
>>1494525
Did this every get optimized better? Like for example Warhammer 2 runs on PC at least ok, but Attila sadly ran poorly last time I pirated it to test it out.
>>
>>1525917
No. I am desperate. End turn times last for around 1 min and 30 secs and I don't know what to do with this gargabe "game".
>>
>>1526247
That's at fast speed and ignoring all the shenanigans that would affect you?
>>
>>1523132
Have you tried lowering the shadow and water textures? And also setting your threads on your CPU in the appropriate textfile?
>>
Attila is white. Attila is nothing like the mongol horde.

They’re like Magyar, Bulgarians, Ukrainians.
>>
>>1524454
What the Deutsch did was comparable to Dixie killing Biden.

Rome was corrupt. What the Deutsch did was a liberation to all true Roman.

Europe consistently thrives ESPECIALLY because of what the Deutsch did.

Our civilization is COMMUNITY, not gladiators and entire generations being killed in wars that never should’ve happened.

Blessings to the mass migration of 36 million Ukrainians liberating all.

Utopia and divinity.
>>
>>1533421
Ukrainians love peace and are utmost impressive fighters. They will be good immigrants, especially for white counties that want real society and sanity.
>>
>>1533421
>turkic mongoloid monolids are white.
nope, the huns were from near mongolia, and they caused the white indo-european aryans to flee the steppes, causing the migration period.
>>
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I LOVE ATILLA TOTAL WAR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>1533421
>Attila is white. Attila is nothing like the mongol horde.
He was unironically a Turk
>>
File: ATT_Clibanarii.png (97 KB, 189x450)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
My favourite unit just saying
>>
>>1538147
Any good shock cavalry is good enough to trample.
>>
I wish the balance in this game wasn't all over the place. I also enjoyed the game more before the DLC factions came out.
>>
>>1494525
I think especially the WICKED deserve mercy... dunno, just mho.
>>
Currently downloading the game for the first time in a couple of years. What should I play? I was originally intending a chill ERE campaign but the more I think about it the more I'm feeling like some meme migration like Vandal Egypt or the eternal Alan road trip. I've never really played the Scandinavians, are they any fun?
>>
File: ATT_Legio.png (99 KB, 189x450)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
LEGIO COMITATENSES
>>
>>1540999
Scandis have good heavy infantry, only problem is you will likely be fighting celts which look awful after the DLC update.
>>
>>1540999
>a chill ERE campaign
checked but no such thing
>>
>>1524455
>Is this really the best TW
It's not even in the top 5. The real reason why Attila got memed into "so good and awesome" was because how horrid the launch state of Rome 2 was. But unlike with Attila, CA worked on R2 to fix it, and eventually you have dolled-up R2 and still as-it-was Attila, that's now just utter fucking trash, lacking the springboard of R2 launch state to look better
>Does it still run like complete shit?
Yes. In fact, it works even worse, since modern hardware struggles with that game twice as such, as it was still written in 32 bit and with different chipsets in mind. So a PC circa 2013 will have hick-ups with it, but a PC circa this quarter is going to just set itself on fire.
>>
File: Turkic assimilation.png (107 KB, 500x384)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
>>1537056
He wasn't an Armenoid-Anatolian rapebaby
>>
>>1541167
Atilla is literally little father in turkish. He was likely a mongoloid-goth mutt anyways, and had been romanized by his time in the west
>>
>>1541049
LIMITANEII
>>
>>1541066
Alright, so is that what they do then mostly, go over and fuck up Brittania? And look awful how, visually or mechanically?

>>1541086
Relatively to the west though? It's been years since I've played
>>
>>1541049
ELITE PALATINA
>>
>>1541275
It's little father in Gothic. Nobody has a clue what Attila was because the Hunnic empire included everybody on the steppe. But the Huns started as a sintashta/proto-turk mix.
>>
>>1494525
bump
>>
>>1548361
It will run like shit even on a new computer.
>>
>>1548361
>I'm a mediocre narcissist who measures their self worth based on their performance in video games, but I don't know if I want to continue

People like you ruined Rome in real history, it is not surprising more men like you can't even go through the hassle of trying to save Rome in a video game.
>>
>>1494525
Did they fix this game yet? Last time I tried playing it it ran like absolute dogshit. Even Warhammer 2 runs better than Attila does.
>>
File: Attila enters Italy.png (202 KB, 720x744)
202 KB
202 KB PNG
>>1548361
>>1549192
>1. Download the ToB data packs and overwrite the vanilla ones
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GTIjpOwBdwYeclTSbwgImbsBnLtEHsnE
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QYhQlYmIwxOcPlZ7U5oiJoe4Kx9IQCUM
>2. Follow the 'Unlocking your Potential' part of this guide
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1256826398
>3. Download these mods
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1493472759
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1485425742
>>
>>1494525
This game's too hard
>>
Just pirated the game and I get btfo in every battle
What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>1501367
Thats why you get a mod that turns off Climate change so it can be a full strategy experience :^)
>>
I love playing as the western romans, fleeing the continent and turtling in Britannia!
>>
>>1494525
The game's too easy
>>
i like the vibes in this game but the battles are way too fast and hard, it's the only tw game were i really struggle on the highest difficulty even on the easier campaigns
>>
It's too hard without scovt eqvites.
It's too easy with scovt eqvites.
>>
>>1552142
It has the best battle AI of TW games. Play on easy
>>
File: 1692147201053207.gif (2.97 MB, 250x250)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB GIF
>>1552214
The only provinces that are acceptable to retreat from are Pannonia, Dalmatia & Noricum, and even then that's a fighting retreat.
>>
>>1552302
Eat a dick unimaginative negro
Romano-Britain, the island fortress, and bastion of classical civilization in the norf is kino
>>
>>1552307
Nigger that's just big wales
>>
>>1552365
Saying that shows you know nothing about Medieval wales
They were more like Anglo-Saxon England than the romans
>>
What's the quickest way to revert to Paganism as the WRE? I destroyed all the churches asp and its been a solid 30 turns.
>>
>>1552392
build theatres
but it will take 20turns minimum to revert because of christian events
also it might not even be doable unless you abandon everything but italy/carthage
>>
How do i install mods if i pirated the game?
>>
>>1552415
Fuck, I'm too stubborn to abandon the Empire. Will the East get pissy about me abandoning Christ?
>>
I see this is on sale and I've seen Attila threads last for so long on this board, so I'm curious. What makes Attila worth playing? How is it different than Rome 2? Or Barbarian Invasion for Rome 1 for that matter?
>>
>>1553277
>How is it different than Rome 2
follows the same formula but adds some new things like religion, migrations, fertility, and razing settlements
better battles, cavalry is actually dangerous AS IT SHOULD BE
someone claimed it has the best battle AI of all total war games, I personally think it isn't stellar but it's not incompetent either
>or Barbarian Invasion
actual horde mechanics, and non-infuriating pathfinding
but both rome2 and attila lack population like rome1 and BI, and add a tech tree that you have to research to unlock new units and buildings, compared to just completing building chains from rtw1
imho it's tied with shogun for best game in the series
>>
File: barbars.jpg (142 KB, 600x709)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>1552214
>turtling in Britannia
Ewww
>>
I suck at real time games, should I play on easy? And what is a good starting nation ?
>>
>>1553934
>what is a good starting nation

The only two valid nations are the Eastern Roman Empire and Western Roman Empire.

If you want to play a satanic easy faction, just play as the Sassanid Empire. If you can beat the horsefuckers from the steppes, you can fight a legendary war with the Eastern Roman Empire.
>>
>>1553934
>Should I play on easy?
Why? On easy, the AI is braindead, you get bonuses not found in other difficulties and you will most of the time capture the short victory objectives and then have to wait until the required year passes.

>What is a good starting nation?
What kind of start you want?

>I like starting stable and strong
Sassanids

>I like to develop my empire from scratch
Sclavenian, Aksum, Himyar

>I want to try being a Romaboo on easy mode
Play WRE, send all your armies back to Italy and abandon all settlements outside of Italy, Sicily, Sardenia, Corsica and the Balearic islands. Defend and develop the area at all cost until the Huns are gone.

>What if I want to be Greek[Roman]?
Play ERE, destroy the Churches, make trade deals, don't build anything for 10-15 turns. Then watch as you print money without having inflation issues.
>>
>>1495039
I played FOTE+EP once and the bodyguards were invincible and literally noone could put up any resistance. And the huns spluttered out and died.
>>
>>1553695
Cope faggot
My campaigns > your campaigns
>>
Ok so i got 1212 mod to work.
Which faction should i play as
>>
File: 1635284162314.gif (555 KB, 220x220)
555 KB
555 KB GIF
>>1563444
That depends? What type of army composition do you prefer? What are your favorite tactics and strategies to use? Do you prefer to build tall or wide?
>>
>>1563477
I just one that it isn't one of the big guys like France or England. Someone small that can grow.
>>
>>1563483
You're best bet would be one of the Republics of Italy for best results, or maybe Trier or one of the Crusader States.
>>
>>1563483
empire of nicea, of course
go forth and restore the glory of rome!
>>
>>1563444
Checked
God I wish their new map gets released as soon as possible. The mod is amazing but my autism keeps pointing me to the fact that many cities and borders are all wrong
>>
>>1533489
Is this a bot?
>>
>>1553224
Changing religion won't affect that much your relations with the East. Public order, on the other hand...
>>
>>1552280
I never used scout equites because their model is ugly. Get good.
>>
>>1563444
Nicea.

Everyone else might as well be called a barbarian faction.
>>
File: dub.png (34 KB, 483x63)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
>play head to head campaign against guy
>turn 3 an ERE stack attacks both of his hordes
>play as ERE, win
>he gets wiped
>get pic related
>won a campaign after one battle
>>
>>1522813
tell me more about it
does it have lechina empire?
>>
File: turkoswedes.jpg (332 KB, 750x434)
332 KB
332 KB JPG
>>1544715
>>1541275
goth=turks=swedes=germs
>>
>>1533620
>>1537056
You 2 are niggers and should move back to whatever palm you fell down from
>>
>>1494525
bump
>>
>Capture tower with elite unit
>It explodes like it's packed with dynamite and destroys elite unit
Dropped.
>>
>>1579873
>>
>>1499910
I use nvidia panel to cap FPS on my PC to 60 fps. So, it's no problem to me.
>>
>>1579822
based machine gun tower killing even in death
>>
Lakhmids are fun
>>
File: VGH.jpg (19 KB, 402x162)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>1552302
>He doesn't mass abandon everything ovtside modern Italy and bvnker down for the 50+ tvrns of vnending civil wars that forge yovr men into demigods of war...

VGH....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkeLkuFzPfM

>Roma, Roma, O Roma!

>Legio, aeterna, aeterna victrix!

>Verti est sva aeterni
>Corda nostra solvm tibi
>Verti est sva aeterni
>Vita nostra solvm tibi

>Roma, Roma, O Roma!

>A ferventi aestvosa Libya
>Volat aqvila legionvm
>Svpra terra Britannorvm
>Volat aqvila legionvm

>Roma, Roma, O Roma!

>Sit italica sva vis
>Nostrvm mvnvs patri Marti
>Sit italica sva vis
>Nostrvm mvnvs patri Marti

>Roma, Roma, O Roma!

>Aeterna!

Omnis homo svper terram
Mors est primvm avt sero.
Et qvomodo potest mori melivs homo
Qvam adversvs odds timens,
Nam cinerem patres ejvs,
Et templa Deorvm ejvs.

Dvlce et decorvm,
Pro Patria Mori
>>
>>1581722
You end up fighting more rebel armies that all other factions present in the game has, every 2 turns that are full of elite Roman troops. Its is the ultimate backfoot starting position.
>You are broke
>Every army is perpetually mauled
Despite being in a turtle situation you are actually constantly putting out a thousand fires.
>>
>play ERE
>turtle in starting lands
>only expand towards Sassanids and a little into Hungary
>let my funds go out of control with interest
>subsidize WRE armies with tens of thousands of gold in gifts every turn
>babysit them by sending 1 or 2 legions to support them
>help them reclaim all of their land
This is my favorite way to play the game and I dont know why
>>
>>1582633
It is realistic.
>>
havent played in a while, what are the good mods now? Last time I played FotE + Europa Perdita were the popular ones, but Europa Perdita was cringe
>>
>>1582633
is it possible to create a full cavalry army as the ERE? at least 5 spear cavalry, 5 sword cavalry (the general included), and 10 bow cavalry?
>>
>>1583610
yes. I use full cav armies when I babysit the WRE so I can quickly stop cities from being sieged
>>
File: minor religions.png (155 KB, 199x434)
155 KB
155 KB PNG
Wake up anon, time to convert to Minor Religions.
>>
What AI mod should I use for Vanilla?
>>
Finally got it the other day, first campaign as Aksum was going well until I realized that I killed every faction outside of the ERE or Sassanid sphere
>>
>>1583788
how do you even convert to minor religions? colonize parts of africa?
>>
File: 441257189-3484805775.jpg (85 KB, 640x360)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>1586519
Yes.
>>
>>1573837
Oh you're the autist who posts this retarded quote. I wondered if you were still around. There's zero linguistic, genetic, archeological, cultural, or orthographic support for this theory.
Lagerbring was writing in a time when people took shit like lost tribes of israel seriously, he doesn't hold up to serious historical scrutiny.
>>
>>1586935
>lost tribes of Israel seriously
all true
>>
>>1586519
I think there is a good presence of minor religions in Sarmatia Asiatica too. But Africa and Palestine have gems that you need for your temples

Anyway, I feel like playing some Medieval TW. Should I play M2TW modded, the MK1212 Mod for Attila or something else?
>>
File: knights charge.png (841 KB, 1443x649)
841 KB
841 KB PNG
>>1587118
med 1
>>
>>1587124
Cool. Never played it, but it does look pretty fun. Also does it have reemerging factions?
>>
File: med 18.jpg (180 KB, 735x1080)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>1587135
>Also does it have reemerging factions?
yes
if any male children survive it can reemerge after faction is destroyed
it also have some smaller factions appearing later plus mongol invasion
also you have 3 eras to choose from
>>
>>1587138
Awesome, thanks. I heard that M1's combat is very good
>>
File: pikes in action.png (1.62 MB, 1154x640)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
>>1587141
its fine
>>
How good is Medieval Kingdoms for historical autism? I am eyeing that mod for a while because I love the 13th century, but I am also fairly autistic about accuracy and similar stuff.
>>
>>1549192
Still runs like shit, still just Rome 2 with a better campaign and terrible battle mechanics.
>>
>>1494525
I'm too busy to test, but I bet Ashilla still runs bad on my old PC...
I had a miracle of sorts happen when Bannerlord close after release ran very poorly for me, but it seems they optimized it and not it runs fairly great.
I doubt that any optimization was done for Ashilla, but maybe there are mods?
>>
>>1563444
Georgia was actually really fun campaign for me, interesting start and good roster of unique units. Picking a small European state is hard because everyone's part of the HRE and allied with each other so its difficult to expand anywhere.
Also mod the fuck out of it, I have buildings giving better bonuses and reducing squalor and improving the economy, because the base stats are retarded.
>>
>>1587124
>>1587151
>>1587135
Med 1 had some really good battle and campaign mechanics, but the controls and UI are so clunky now. The campaign feels hard though, you really have to plan and think about how and where you build up because a lot of your provinces start empty. Viking invasion expansion was really good to, I was gutted when Thrones of Britannia turned out to be shit.
>>
>>1580048
>>1579822
The towers are fucking gay bullshit, who the fuck thought that was a good idea. Fair enough that the tower crumbles, but it killing you whole unit just because is retarded.
>>
>>1589292
it have like 2 problems, peasant and ballista spam that poor AI sometimes do
>>
>>1587765
they are some things you can do with options and ToB files
>>
>Playing as Eastern Roman Empire on normal difficulty
>Some revolts here and there but manage to beat them
>Kill off migrating tribes on the danube frontier
>Earning 10k per turn

I thought it was supposed to be diffcult when playing as Rome
>>
>>1590429
Yeah, as West Rome
>>
>>1590429
rome is in italy, not syria
>>
>>1590429
When people talk about playing as Rome in this game, they mean WRE. ERE is easy mode.
>>
>>1590429
>>1590439
>>1590560
>>1590755
WRE is pretty easy once you blow up the churches due to the maintenance costs. Just selectively lose ground only to re-consolidate. After that its ez mode.
>>
>>1590756
Sure, it's ez mode until you make about 4 or 5 mistakes then you try recovering from near collapse, afraid that the next mistake is game over.

>t. plays legendary WRE, turn 130
>>
>>1533421
>They’re like Magyar, Bulgarians, Ukrainians.
Not a single one of whom were originally white, well played.
>>
>>1590429
ERE is pretty comfy, their start is just a little chaotic because of your huge front, and because the Visigoths have two fairly competent full stacks on your doorstep. Once you get over that hoop you'll coast through the game.
>>
I heard they recompiled the game does it actually run better now?
I have 4070ti but it still stutterred a bit last time I checked
>>
>>1533427
ignorant germoid-fetishiser
>>
End turn times are just too much for me. In Rome II was like 30 seconds, but in this one it goes up to 50 secs.
¿How to shorten end turn times? There are some turns that go even for 1 min and I'm too anxious/nervous to just wait looking at the screen.
In Rome II even with 100 factions (or so) ALWAYS runs smooth and end turn times never reach more than 40 secs.
I've tried deleting agents for AI, deleting separatist roman factions from the start_pos and a lot of things, but this game just runs too slow for me. I can't cope with the fact that I have to wait too much time until is my turn.
Let's suppose that you just already built all you wanted in your tanukhid horde, but you need about 15 turns more to grow up more to the nex building slot expansion. I need to wait for 15 turns wich are 1 min OR MORE each one until I can build some stupi next level armory.
Man, I've started and deleted/abandoned so many campaigns because of this. I can't play this game past turn 30. 30 turns are like ONE HOUR in real life, whereas in Rome II are like 15 mins.
Anyway, game runs smoothly in battles and I can run it perfectly fine without bugs or lag. It's just the fucking end turn times the thing that keep making me go back to Rome II or Thrones or Britannia. At least there I can PLAY and not look at the screen for ONE minute straight until it's my turn again.
FUCK
>>
>>1499517
Almost there, anon.
>>
>>1533427
>reddit spacing
>actual subhuman
suicide. now.
>>
File: 2004 spacing.png (143 KB, 1010x1272)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
>>1597636
There is no such thing as Reddit spacing. It's a fake meme cooked up by an antifa turkish 8cuck janny, you should go back there.
>>
>>1595271
End turn times bloat not because of performance issues (while the game runs like ass, the actual AI processing isn't part of the problem) but because the game forces certain animations to play out in full even when you the player can't see them. The main culprit are agents, which Attila's AI tends to spam much more than Rome 2's. Download a mod that disables all agents or just AI agents and you'll boost end turn times considerably.

The other is razing. When an AI burns a settlement there's a lengthy animation that plays no matter where on the map it happened Unfortunately there's no real fix for this, since razing is literally how the huns work, but you can trim down the amount that happens on the map (and thus the frequency of long animations you can't even see) with a mod that restricts razing to nomad factions. This has the added bonus of helping AI factions expand because they're more likely to actually occupy territory they capture instead of randomly torching it.
>>
>>1597668
I've tried it and everything is still the same. I deleted agents in fame_tables and edited razing policy only for nomads and tried a new game until turn 68.
It takes around 1 min and 2 secs every turn. It has to be something else, maybe a script or something the computer checks every turn. I don't think it's part of the animations, as I've tried reducing max number of armies per imperium too.
There's something that the machine checks after you hit end turn buttom and it's repetitive.
>>
>>1533421
he was germanic turk so maybe
>>
>>1594546
If it works on my GTX 1050, you should be fine on your 4070.
>>
>>1495039
Convert back to Paganism and demolish all churches.
The slight dip you get in public order is compensated by surplus cash that you get from demolishing them across the empire.
WRE will remain friendly to you anyways, if it survives.
Also Fireforged Empire is coming out in January and it is essentially DeI for Attila TW.
>>
>>1601136
Attila refuses to run on my 3060. Game's dead on newer machines.
>>
>>1606705
Have you tried optimizing the game so it doesn't crash? Like the the ToB files to swap, the number of threads to set in the text files and changing your in-game parameters to lower quality? Those tools helped me have a game running at least.

>ToB file swap:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/325610/discussions/0/1744479064005576968/
>Other things to consider for better performance, read the comments:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/325610/discussions/0/1629663905422860220/
>>
>>1594546
>had ancient rx 580
>my games run better than on some monster modern pc
clown world
>>
>>1603617
>Fireforged Empire is coming out in January and it is essentially DeI for Attila TW

I dunno. I don't think DEI is that great for Rome 2. Is it more DEI as the overhaul quantity and details or more on the sense as impact as a mod on the game?
>>
>>1611103
can't wait
>>
>>1499517
We're in the Advent time, now...
>>
>>1499517
Attila is immortal, the first and only /vst/ meme and obsession.
>>
>>1619326
Maybe not the first and only (CHADdiminas, Lithuanian Cucker King comes in mind) but clearly the obsession is there to stay.
>>
>>1613646
Just a few weeks lefts.
>>
>>1616198
Time to encamp. Winter has now begun.
>>
Thoughts on Cohors?
>>
>>1631511
Comitatenses spears is better
>>
>>1631531
What are you? Some kind of Greek?
The Hoplite days are far behind us... grab a sword and shield and praise God
>>
attila bros are there mods that make the game more like a normal sandbox?

like disabling the huns full stack recovery or delaying it with a number of turns

also im gona finally buy it after years of pirating
>>
>>1633954
You can just put it on Casual difficulty. Might as well do it at this point.
>>
>>1634315
Don't pretend that having to fight the same armies over and over again is good gameplay.
>>
>>1631511
Upgrade them to Legio Comitatenses and you got a good anvil once in testudo mode.

If you want something that can kill, upgrade the palatina to Armigeri Defensores or to Elite Palatina to get some proper offensive infantry.
>>
> installed Classical Empires
> crash 30 or so turns in
Seems to be triggered by AI besieging one of my towns in Hispania.
Shame, I've been enjoying this more then DeI.
>>
>>1553934
there is this horde tribe I forgot the name of, starts in modern crimea, alaric perhaps? They start with the best cav, right of the bat, capable of matching attila's devils (balanced). Contrary to what everybody say, you go further north, towards attila. Instead of fighting the guy, you give him monies, and convert to slavic religion. Slavic religion has some insane (balanced) fertility bonus buildings, which pretty much negates the fertility hit everyone else is taking. You just won the game, regardless of what you do afterwards.
>>
>>1643445
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hco355KUFZI
Alans are the trve aryans, gotta destroy in detail though or it won't work as well.
>>
>>1597668
but why cant they make games that work?
>>
>>1589297
What things?
>>
>>1494525
bump

Fireforged Empire with amazing Valentinian campaign is great.
>>
>>1651431
It came out? Is it stable?
>>
>>1654306
Yes, it is great. Check it out.

You can play as Valentinian / Valens during the time of the Great Conspiracy, where all barbarians united to invade Britain.
>>
>>1654306
Amazing. It is the best mod ever
>>
Is this game actually good or are these threads spammed by one autist? I have it in my library but I've never played it. I feel like playing total war but I'd rather play pharaoh or warhammer or something with a more interesting time period.
>>
>>1658413
People are finally recognizing how good Attila is.
Just play it but get a mod that turns off climate change
>>
>>1658418
Might as well play it on casual mode if you turn off climate change. Why don't you also set a billion turns per year and cancel Atilla's invasion? The entire climate change thing is made to force you to migrate, you know, like the actual barbarians of the time.

While at it, why don't you just quit and go play Rome 2?
>>
>>1658431
It creates a campaign thats more of a horror survival than an empire building game. Some people may prefer that and thats fine, but its not what I play TW for. Climate change makes the entire map infertile except for Italy late game, its a mechanic I wish CA let be optional.
>>
>>1658437

DARKNESS AND DESPAIR
THE SHADOW CHASED THE SUN EVER SOUTHWARDS
AND BEHOLD A PALE HORSE;
AND HIS NAME THAT SAT ON HIM WAS DEATH
AND HELL FOLLOWED WITH HIM

https://youtu.be/kpd_BH5W-sk?t=359

HIS WRATH WOULD ENGULF THE WORLD
AND HE DELIGHTED IN WATCHING IT BURN

THE HORDE LOOKED TO ATTILA AND THE WORLD TREMBLED

ABANDON ALL HOPE
>>
File: 39847623908460239845.gif (1.43 MB, 428x238)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB GIF
>>1658454
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
>>
>>1658437
>>1658431
is this for real? i've only played one campaign as ere and i had to transition from farms to pastures and fisheries at some point but i didn't have to migrate anywhere. does life in the northern parts of the map actually become impossible after a point?
>>
>>1658437
yes and thats the reason Attila is one of the best. The campaign map actually matters more than just being a place to recruit and wait for money to tick up. There is actually challenge
>>
>>1658465
You can check fertility of each province in the game and by the end of the campaign the entire map is infertile except for Italy. Factions like the romans have buildings that can circumvent this but some factions can just get fucked from it.
>>1658470
I get that, and I can enjoy the occasional campaign with it on. Like I said, some people really like the campaign this way, and thats fine. I just prefer something a little different.
>>
>>1597652
>2004
>reddit
Anon...
>>
File: wat do.jpg (502 KB, 1920x1080)
502 KB
502 KB JPG
I need help with this campaign. It's the year 418, I know Attila is about to start his shit, but I don't have enough to prepare. I'm quelling rebellious tendencies in newly conquered Britain, which completely rebelled from Roman control. I want to expand as I'm making 300 per turn now with army upkeep, but I have to keep all my armies where they are for now. Where should I expand that will be worth it? I'm not sure if I'm ready to face Rome.
>>
>>1658966
>alamans
>slavic kolovrat
what in retardation is this mod
>>
>>1659420
Fall of the Eagles.
>>
>>1658418
actual good and reasonable mod for attila: remove the public order penalty for....farm/pasture
why the fuck does it give negative public order to begin with?
"WAAAAH, WE GOT MORE FOOD IM MAD!" in this fucking era of war and famine?
bitch wtf. in older games food are a good thing that make people happy
>>
>>1659577
I think the idea is meant to be that you're centralizing farmland in to the hands of less people to increase output. Basically creating a system of serfdom where less people own their own land.
>>
>>1659465
no surprise desu
>>
>>1658966
How you cope with long ass end turn times? They take almost 60 secs or more.
>>
>>1660625
alt tab and do something else
>>
this thread is still alive after 6 months?
>>
>>1662127
"This was the abode of Attila, the king of all the barbarian world; and he preferred this as a dwelling to the cities he captured.”
-Jordanes, Roman historian (c. 550 AD), describing Attila's Court located at /vst/
>>
File: 20240203221522_1.jpg (633 KB, 1920x1080)
633 KB
633 KB JPG
For those playing Fireforged Empire how are things? Anyone playing WRE and survived? I am having difficulties.
>>
>>1662258
It is very hard, but not unfair. Playing the ERE and the Sassanids hit like a truck. Have to keep most legions busy and sacking stuff or otherwise the soldiers grow unruly.

The battles are epic and massive, though.

Coolest mod ever
>>
What does fireforged empires even do
>>
>>1662552
It is a very historical mod that takes you back to the times of the great conspiracy and the battle of Adrianople, following events until the fall of Rome.

It is very historical and hard, but not unfair.
>>
>>1607392
None of that worked. Apparently it's a Windows 11 issue.
>>
love fireforged empires so much
>>
File: 20240208224122_1.jpg (525 KB, 1920x1080)
525 KB
525 KB JPG
>>1494525
I should've instantly rebelled instead of waiting for the midgame, huh?
>>
I started playing as vandals and I'm just really confused. I sacked and razed the starting settlement because I thought the barbarian playstyle would be cool, but now I'm not really sure what to do? should I continue moving from city to city raping, occasionally pausing to camp and replenish my numbers? Seems like a terrible way to play since sieges suck in total war, also unsustainable because it costs so much to maintain my armies. The alternative would be to capture settlements and blob like the traditional total war playstyle, but I thought attila was supposed to spice things up and present alternative playstyles.
>>
>>1669752
>plays as vandals
>doesn't want to VANDALIZE
basically as you said, go from town to town, sack everything, pick your battles and when you feel like it settle wherever you want
maybe pick a province with your preferred religion
>sieges suck in total war
skill issue, but towns without walls shouldn't pose a problem
just bumrush the garrison and they're done in a minute
>unsustainable
not if you pillage the romans hard enough
build a couple of economy buildings in your hordes to supplement your income, and don't forget to use the raid stance from time to time
>The alternative would be to capture settlements and blob
that is your campaign goal though, to mimick the historical vandals, but you don't really have to
playing as a horde is perfectly viable, but the huns are more enjoyable than german tribes simply due to having better horde buildings
vandals are migrators after all, their horde era isn't supposed to last forever (but it's perfectly possible to pull off)
>>
>>1669752
It'll get harder. Eventually you'll have to settle. But yes, part of the barbarian ticket is just going around raping and burning, as it is in the nature of the R1a germanic haplogroup.
>>
>>1662127
I remember the first ever thread about this game going to 8 months. Crazy huh?
>>
>>1675293
Attila threads will last ten thousand years
>>
>Mk1212
>Beautifully crafted models, but the campaign is not quite there yet. Borken AI, script reliant history, etc. Would only recommend if you wanna fuck around in custom battle.
>Anno Domini 919
>The lackluster unit roster reminds me of Shogun 2.
>FotE + EP revised
>Can't understand people praising it for being "Dei for Attila". The level of depth is not there. Too many sword units to be remotely historcally accurate.
>Fireforged Empire
>This mod should be considered "Dei for Attila" instead for its meticulously well researched and implemented historical & realistic battle mechanics and unit roster. Except this one feels more like a railroaded RPG instead of an actual Total War game.
>Dark Age
It looks like the modders simply edited the map but made no changes to the economy or unit rosters.
>>
>>1677689
So, which one do you prefer/recommend?
>>
>>1680576
none, mods are gay
>>
>>1680576
Mk1212 tickles the right parts of my brain even though it's not complete. The medieval 2 soundtrack does a lot of heavy lifting though. Warscape still cannot do satisfying collision so cav charges just feel off.
>>
>>1677024
For they are faithful
The righteous
The strong
>>
Tried Attila again(slavs this time) and I am not impressed
>>
File: 1708440057730097.jpg (157 KB, 619x960)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>1662141
Based
>>1669765
>>1669752
Raiding sucks unless you hit the big trade routes in italy and to a lesser extent the sassanids. Sometimes ill put 2 armys in raid stance there to pull in 5-6k a turn. But encamping is the way to go for hordes. Growth is key and 25% more monies from buildings usually are better than raiding some dirt farmers
>>
>>1684332
spam poison arrows
and don't forget, slavs play the long game
once climate change kicks in, while attila and romans are busy massacring one another, that's when you blob the hardest
>>
File: 1652038759330.jpg (49 KB, 587x546)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>Playing WRE on Legendary
>Finally get out of a war against the Ostrogoths
>Immediately get dragged back in the the ERE
>MFW
>>
Uh does this game have really bad collision and impact on charges and shit or is that all older warscape total war games? I've played some warhammer 3 and cav charging into shit looked like it at least had some impact whereas I'm trying Attila for the first time and my cav just like...charge into shit and stop while looking all janky. Is that normal or is my game bugged?
>>
>>1499910
I ran it with a 1050ti and 8gb ram on ultra without problems, what kind of a potato are you trying to play it on?
>>
File: FvJ0BeZXgAMb3jh.jpg (22 KB, 595x515)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>1683731
Speaking of which, Med 3 and Medieval Remastered never ever? It's over
>>
File: file.png (1.49 MB, 864x1152)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
As soon as I get the entire kit complete I should take a picture while playing Attila.

I do have a simple civilian kit already but it would be more fun to see a guy in armour playing it right?
>>
>>1695838
bASED
>>
File: 47456457645.jpg (205 KB, 1139x1080)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
>food shortage
>bankrupt
>secession
>rebellion
>plague
>every fucking turn
yeah nice game bro very cool
>inb4 "it's supposed to be like that"
>>
>>1696893
Are you playing the long night? What difficulty?
>>
>>1696893
It is supposed to be like that. The game needs to keep you edge. If you don't want any of that, just play the sassanids.
>>
>>1696893
What were you expecting from a game based on the collapse of Antiquity?
>Let me build a civilization from the ashes of everyone else
Slavs
>Let me keep a strong empire
Sassanids
>Romans but enjoyable
The enjoyment is that the suffering will pay off.
>>
>>1701359
He wants to play Rome 2 with an Attila skin. Many such cases. There are mods which can do that, such as disabling climate change, 6 million turns per year, disabling anything that requires skill, and such.
>>
>>1662127
It takes 5 days for a thread get pushed out of the board here
>>
>>1494525
I'm planning on getting this game but heard about a late game family tree bug that crashes your game, ending your playthrough. Does this have a fix/workaround?
>>
>>1696893
Attila gives you a big blob and says survive.
>>
How do I survive as WRE with Fall of the Eagles + Perdida mods? First turn, my income is -8000. I don't even know how to climb out of a deficit that bad.
>>
>>1706292
Never saw this happen, probably false or fixed around release. Attila has performance problems because it was made as a relic for future generations, but no such game breaking issue.
>>
File: broken.jpg (54 KB, 585x300)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>1494525
I finally got Attila and I'm so sad I haven't played it earlier. I don't even care about the anti-player bias, cheats and obsolete buildings. I'm just happy to finally be challenged and have the tools to deal with that challenge on the battlefield.
>>
>>1706590
and by tools you mean SQUIT EQVITES, of course
>>
>>1706590
no sorry, but it's trash. like all nu-tw
>>
garrison battles: the game
oh you find these village watchtowers annoying?
better get used to it, this is 99% of the battles you're gonna experience (unless you autoresolve everything like most people)
also better get used to the ingenious nu-TW™ mechanics, such as 1 general per army limitation, army skill tree buffs that persist even after the army getting annihilated, 4 buildings per settlement (better betray your ally if you ever want food in this province!), poison arrows that deal magical DPS and a fantastical ice age because their history department hired browns
>>
>>1706696
Medieval 2 was my favourite total war so it's nice to have OP cavalry again.
>>
>>1494525
Is Ancient Empires a dead mod or does it still work?
>>
File: file.png (140 KB, 802x92)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
I tried Sassanids with Fall of the Eagles and Europa Perdida, and my income after I tried playing Rome, or Sassanids is in the deep negatives. I don't know what to do about this. It's maintenance that's absolutely destroying my income. And I don't see any way to recover it.
>>
>>1494525
I really wish this game had the banner type unit icons in battle like rome 2 and previous history games did, instead of the future warhammer style of just a square with a weapon symbol in it. I wasn't able to find a mod that would do this either.
>>
File: IMG_4017.jpg (625 KB, 1680x1050)
625 KB
625 KB JPG
Finished western Rome on legendary last night lads. I never want to do that again.
>>
>>1706703
If you only do garrison battles, you are playing it wrong. This game punishes you for needing garrison battles since having your settlement surrounded necessarily damages it.
>>
>>1706590
Based.

Darkness and despair bros, we won another one.
>>
>>1710410
Congrats, looks really awful.

A man who takes Germania and abandons Iberia clearly had enough
>>
>>1711104
Garrison battles are fun in moderation since you get to enjoy the fun of suicide charging units into enemy flanks with none of the consequences.
>>
/mu/ to listen while fighting Huns?
>>
>>1711249
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL7fyfl0JOI
>>1709602
don't play mods with shit unbalanced economies that only affect you and not the ai
>>
>1212AD modders discover how to edit the map
>1 year later we still have these shitty vanilla borders
JUST
>>
>>1711295
Wasn't it the Dawnless Days team, the LOTR mod. They actually have a really early map for their campaign already done as of a few months ago, but they aren't ready to release it yet.
That being said, 1212AD has a much much bigger problem in the passive AI. The map would be fine, but the campaign is unplayable because the AI is just far too passive.
>>
>>1711298
I've never tried 1212 until recently and a lot of factions are declaring war on eachother already. Do they just not end up actually attacking eachother? I'm only 20 turns in though.
>>
>>1677689
>>Fireforged Empire
>>This mod should be considered "Dei for Attila" instead for its meticulously well researched and implemented historical & realistic battle mechanics and unit roster. Except this one feels more like a railroaded RPG instead of an actual Total War game.
Treating Noticia Dignitatum like the Bible doesn't make this mod well researched, especially when every non-Roman faction is completely sidelined and filled with absurd things like all-female Celtic units. FoTE shits all over it even though it was never meant it to be a DEI-tier overhaul.
>>
>>1711366
I haven't played in 6+ months. Maybe they patched the AI to work. The problem when I played was the AI simply refusing to attack a settlement I had an army in.
They just parked their army in the province, fortified and didn't move for 25+ turns before I quit the game.
>>
I wish that climate change wasn't just a penalty to fertility and extra snow every chapter. It'd be cool if there were some years where the climate returned to normal and some years where it'd be even worse.
>>
>>1712965
It's not just a penalty to fertility. In mid to late game half of Europe becomes attrition territory for half the time.
>>
>>1711886
Yeah I think that's still a thing because i noticed it. I was gonna get some submods for more aggressive ai but something got updated and half the 1212 submods cause the game to not even launch anymore.
>>
>>1494525
The Last Roman trailer is pretty kino, underrated trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPOHiFTQDyc
>>
>>1713952
1212 updated after 3 years if behind the scenes work. They still haven't finished the new map though.
>>
>>1709602
Armies garrisoned in cities have double upkeep or something iirc
>>
>>1495042
It was ok-ish but felt like something was missing. There was no plot or quests. It was just like here’s the map go have fun. Where was the history? The dates? The things happening? Like an offmap Muslim fleet or volcano
>>
File: thunk.jpg (24 KB, 500x500)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>1713999
Checked.
Btw I was playing MK1212 and some M2TW today, and couldn't shake the feeling that despite the campaign map being much bigger in Attila, Medieval 2's map "felt" larger for some reason. Maybe it's the huge cities introduced by Rome 2?
>>
>>1718043
Maybe army movement range is shorter in Medieval 2? As for 1212, I tried the "bran campaign AI" mod and was not impressed. The AI was aggressive sure, but it was sending 6 unit armies after my settlements that had a full army garrisoned in them. Not only that but the diplomacy felt really fucked where I couldn't get a trade agreement with a faction that had +80 friendly relations with me, even if I was willing to pay them my whole treasury.
>>
What logical reasoning is there for untaxed provinces not requiring any food at all to the extent they don't even consume your global pool?
>>
>>1718069
For Roman, Sassanid and Eastern factions that use dedicated military buildings, if you get a province with Iron, you can turn it into a military province that can built every unit available. The Iron is used to make the blacksmith line that increase recruitment slots and reduce recruitment costs. You'd just need to worry about sanitation and public order(Which is easily done as most sanitation buildings also give some public order).

The other reason I can think of is you've captured a settlement/province that consumes too much food. You'd untax that place temporarily until your issues with it are done.
>>
>>1718065
Yeah, the units are amazing, but the campaign is still very beta. I don't think they'll finish it before the next medieval tw game. Unfortunately.
>>
>>1718069
Starvation.
>>
File: 1710980687692904.jpg (59 KB, 1049x737)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>1718069
I guess it's supposed to represent the peasants focussing on subsistence farming thus being able to get by with overall less food production.
>>
File: gothi.jpg (235 KB, 850x850)
235 KB
235 KB JPG
What's the best TW title or mod to play as the HRE?
>>
Do you put in the effort to play doomed settlement defence battles when there is a chance for your cavalry to pick off some archers and/or artillery?
>>
>>1721358
Yes, because even if I know I will lose I could possibly weaken the enemy army enough to save the nearby settlements for a few more turns. If I just let it autoresolve because there is no hope of victory, they will take like 10 losses and just move onto the next town no issue.
>>
>>1500709
Vsync to limit framerate
>>
File: sprd.jpg (37 KB, 500x572)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
Just noticed this
>ERE has none of those OP ramming ships
>all factions have access to Greek Fire ships
Seriously what the actual fuck
>>
>>1722288
This game hits the broad strokes of historical accuracy but misses tons of smaller details like that.
>>
Favourite nation in Attila?
>>
>>1722404
Yeah. I never cared much for naval combat in Attila, but those little details kinda triggered me

>>1722966
ERE
>>
>>1722966
ERE so I can exploit the interest rate, snowball to absurd amounts of money, and gift the WRE hundreds of thousands of money every turn to fund their survival
>>
>>1722995
>>1723058
The problem with the Eastern Roman Empire is that I wouldn't know how to manage my finances in the early game. I would struggle to determine the point at which I should just bank my treasury instead of investing in buildings and armies.
>>
>>1723177
Just build agricultural stuff, especially cattle or sheep, in the most fertile places in the empire and avoid famine. Also invest in sanitation; the minor cities' bathhouses consume food and generate money
>>
>>1723177
Get rid of churches on turn 1 until your income is positive. Just spent less than your income every turn and it will be fine
>>
>>1495039
>>install Europa Perdita + Fall of the Eagle revised
I wanted to like this, but when I go to recruit some infantry and have 40 fucking variations of the same unit but with different names (in latin) and color schemes I lost my mind and uninstalled
>>
>>1723253
There's a mod for english unit names rather than native language names. Personally I like that the mod gives the less popular factions some unit variety.
>>
Firstly, I really like defending chokepoints with pikemen.
Secondly, does anyone know the reply limit for vst? We are at 302 replies as of this post.
>>
>>1723587
500 until it no longer receives bumps. But even then it is a slow enough board so it can last weeks after reaching 500 posts
>>
Do you ever play the Last Roman or Age of Charlemagne campaigns?
>>
>>1724769
I did play as belisarius, it was ok.
>>
>>1723872
Attila is the most beloved Total War in /vst/. There shall be no bump limit, only darkness and despair.
>>
>>1726100
Nah the bumb limit still effects it but Attila always returns from the grave.
>>
>>1726132
Attila appeals to our modern times. It is almost a commentary on our modern days.
>>
Which nation do you keep coming back to?
>>
>>1728142
WRE, unsurprisingly
Never really got into Attila until I stuck with them for a while. Conversely they are also the faction I tire of more easily, turns can get really tedious with them.
>>
>>1728142
Sassanid because i like cataphract.
>>
>>1728639
Having to deal with cataclysms every turn would certainly takes its toll.

>>1728716
Cataphracts are kind of like Knights from the Medieval Era but slower and can't see anything. I still wouldn't like to fight against them.
>>
File: 20240413120141_1.jpg (759 KB, 2560x1440)
759 KB
759 KB JPG
>*record scratch*
Yep, that's me. You're probably wondering how I got there...
>>
>play as the huns for the first time
>not even 10 turns, vassal declare war
>being chase around by a faction from caucasus from bosphoran to germania
>constantly outnumbered because there's no vassal
>AI agent spam every turns
I'm already have enough, on battle it's pretty good since I'll have to relied on feigned then routing them, i just never expect that scare effect is just so good combine with the huns' trait it's pretty big morale debuff.
>>1728722
True, but it just so satisfying to zoom in and see that your cataphract do a frontal charge even on braced unit they tend to decimated shit.
>>
>>1728142
Eastern Roman Empire. Nice variety of persians, kangz, g*rms and horssefuckers to fight.
>>
>>1728142
Any of the slavs because not having to worry about settlement defense is nice.
>>
>>1729071
>slavs
>not having to worry about settlement defense
Wait wut? What's going on with them.
>t. never touched slavs
>>
>>1729075
poison archers are so broken that you can essentially afk defend any settlement due to the exhaustion effect they provide.
>>
>>1729071
Slavs are the meme faction.
>>
>>1728142
Tanukhids because I love pikes and being able to settle wherever you want is great
>>
Do any of you actually play Attila in your own time or do you just talk about it?
>>
>>1731633
I start up a new ERE campaign once a year or so. Never actually finish them though. Sometimes I get bored, other times the game has some bug that makes it unplayable. But I still come crawling back
>>
>>1731633
Of course. I realy appreciate how attila handled many things. It's a shame Rome 2 managed to get so big instead.

>>1732284
Same but with WRE. Garrison battles can get tedious but when I return to the save after a break I'm always at a loss as to what I was doing.

>game has some bug that makes it unplayable
Me with Roma Surrectum 3
>>
>>1731633
Sometimes. I have R2, Attila, M2, Empire and Napoleon installed. I'm thinking of choosing a faction in Rome and play with it and its "descendents" in all games
>>
File: Weakest Scout Equites.png (151 KB, 325x250)
151 KB
151 KB PNG
Do you guys have any favorite mods?
Currently doing a new playthrough with Roman Rebirth 2 to try it out again.
Pic unrelated.
>>
Do you ever think that Attila should have been an expansion for Rome 2 instead of a standalone game?

>>1732368
I have never played any mods but I saw that a Lord of the Rings mod was coming out sometime soon. Anything cool about Roman Rebirth 2?
>>
>>1732379
>Lord of the Rings mod was coming out sometime soon.
Woah, would have expected that one to still take a few more years for the campaign

>Anything cool about Roman Rebirth 2?
Basically a hyper, giga, mega larp mod, giving both romes extra paths depending on their religion.
The mod is old and the dev is chinese, I think, which gives a good impression as to the lack of expertise he has when it comes to european history. So instead he just goes full on ham in the cliches.
Also does some extra stuff to buildings like >50% giving acess to churches that grant sanitation or others that consume food but grant cash, many of which also require other buildings in a province.

Paths are:
>Pagan WRE
Basically returning to the roots of the empire of August's
>Christian WRE
Full on deus vult templar holy empire larp
>Pagan ERE
SPQR larp with marian legions
>Christian ERE
Proto-byzantium of the middle ages with some acess to stuff from the augustinian empire
>Legio IX
Some special path if both greco-roman paganism and christianity are <50% and the other rome is gone.
>>
>>1731633
I play Attila whenever I fall into depression. Something about feeling hopeless, miserable and overwhelmed near the end times makes this game fix naturally into your brain.

When my dad died, the insurance company didn't pay us, and I was working and studying to keep my sister, myself and my mentally ill mom from starving, Attila was everything I was playing when I was under ritalin and caffeine due to being overworked, grieving, unable to sleep and having to overcome the odds despite being depressed.

I was feeling like shit once we turned things around and had to do withdrawals, but Attila remained my forever favorite game. I seem to relate more to this game the worse I feel about myself and my future. We all can find some roman empires we must save.
>>
Do you have any favourite faction mechanics in Attila?
>>
>>1734590
The Desert Kangz have nice mechanics. Same goes for the great migrators.
>>
Last Roman or Age of Charlemagne?
>>
>>1736162
LR is just more of the old same Attila put in a smaller space, and the while Charlemagne has a completely different coat of paint over it, it's pretty barebones.
>>
File: chvd.png (17 KB, 645x770)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
Last night I modded some files to give Persian Mounted Bowmen and Equites Sagitarii the Parthian shot ability and removed Fire Ships from all barbarian rosters.
Nothing personal barbars, it's history.
>>
>>1594546
Turn off unlimited video memory if you want the stutters to stop. I also have a 4070ti and am saddened that after returning to this game after not touching it for over half a decade that the strategic map still runs like ass. I'll deal with it for access to an apparently still active historical TW game that doesn't have dogshit sieges.
>>
>>1736985
Adding towers to minor settlement battles was quite a decision. They are so damn powerful.
>>
>>1737144
>They are so damn powerful.
they used to be, but they're fine now
>>
Do you like using pikemen? I find them really valuable for sieges when dealing with chokepoints. Just don't let them get shot.
>>
>>1736162
LR.

The Huns becoming the Roman Expeditionary and the barbarian kings needing to survive an onslaught is a genius concept. Also, the idea of playing a general in a campaign needing to please the many factions at home and in your conquered lands is really sweet. Sadly, it is not as fleshed out as it could have been.
>>
>>1737174
Not in Attila. Pikes are too vulnerable to missile fire and not very maneuverable
>>
Did you complete the prologue campaign and ensure a future for the Visigothic people?
>>
Doing my first run as the Vandals, currently in Gaul sacking everything in sight. God willing, we’ll be banging tanned Roman/punic/berber whores on the African shore soon.
Also while the bonus missions add a nice amount of flavor to the game, the ones that demand you “maintain a military presence in provinces X Y and Z” are really stupid for a faction that starts out as a horde.
I’m out here in southwest Gaul and you want me to keep an army present in GERMANIA? Hell no, I’ve got places to be and cities to pillage, I can’t hang around the boonies that long.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.