[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Spoiler Image (519 KB, 2560x1440)
519 KB
519 KB JPG
How important is setting for an rpg? Are there any games that have settings you can't stand? Pic related genuinely filtered me because the world and the npcs are so unlikable that I don't care about saving the world.
>>
>>3465701
i'll try anything, but some i have a harder time getting into than others. if there's a lot of brown muddy bland environments (fallout, ff12) then i'm going to really struggle.
>>
I hate generic fantasy settings with elves, dwarves, etc.
>>
File: bg_016_l.jpg (604 KB, 922x691)
604 KB
604 KB JPG
>>3465753
me too....
I always loved strange and unusual settings.

>>3465704
yeah I couldn't get through 12 because I was in college and the world was way too dull. What's the point of having 8-9 races when we can only play as 6 humans and a viera?
>>
>>3465701
it's important, but absolutely uninteresting to discuss in isolation.
>>
>>3465701
I couldn't get into any of the og BG games because of the setting and NPC writing for the most part. It was all so heading that I'd rather around skinless in a field of salted needles than touch that turd of "quirky" writing. Maybe it'd be salvageable if there was something except for your genetic Tolkien-esque world, but alas.
>>
>>3465701
>Are there any games that have settings you can't stand?
Everything Forgotten Realms.
>>
>>3465753
Not so much elves, but if it's got dwarves, giants and beastmen in it I kinda get the feeling I'm gonna drop it sooner or later.
>>
>warpiggie nonsense thread
>>
>>3465775
See I hate generic, but I like boring and dry (litfag) so FF12 really appeals to me. I love the writing.
>>
>>3465701
Larian OG setting, Forgotten realms from DnD, Tales of Abyss for JRPG
>>
>>3465701
Settings are much more important than plot of story or whatever.
Settings allow for imersion. And make you want to keep playing the game.
>>
>>3465701
>>3466449

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.