[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images (24).jpg (52 KB, 653x469)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
So, Beyond Skyrim Morrowind isn't going to have Silt Striders? Vivec city was destroyed too?

TES V not only took away levitation and spear, but also ruined Vvardenfell.
>>
>>3464612
>hide thread
>>
>>3464612
Nobody wants to play Morrowind in Skyrim's shitty engine.
>>
>>3464612
That's what Bethesda did with the lore, Silt Striders went extinct for no good reason except for one female in the dragonborn DLC and as we know Vivec City got destroyed when Baar Dau made contact and razed the entire city instantly.

This just makes me wonder how Bethesda will ruin Skyrim retroactively since both Morrowind and Cyrodiil were fucked over.
>>
TES is a shit universe with shit games. Smooth brains appreciate the shallowness of both the lore and the game mechanics.
>>
>>3464713
>TES
>lore shallowness
>he hasn't read the endless pages of MK's turboautism
ywnbaw
>>
>>3464694
They're just ashamed because they know they can never animate one
>>
>>3464694
nigger they aint ruining anything. Stories evolve, things change, your beloved game is still there to enjoy whenever you finally seal your gushing pussy.
>>
>>3464612
>Beyond Skyrim Morrowind isn't
It isn't coming out lmao
>>
>>3465976
Stories can be retroactively ruined. All you do in Vvardenfell is irrelevant because a meteor will wipe half the population anyways and a volcano will make it impossible for the people to settle there, meanwhile the Nerevarine is now lost in Akavir forever.

The imperial capital which was barely saved from invading demons is now sacked by elves out of all things.

For the next game High Hrothgar will get burned down by a dragon or something and Whiterun will be sacked by khajiit because uhhhh trade or something, only Emil knows.
>>
>>3466133
>All you do in Vvardenfell is irrelevant
It's irrelevant in any case. I'll never understand how you guys get so fucking autistic about these things.
>>
>>3466133
According to who, a completely different writer part of a completely different dev team that only has a small fraction of the people who were responsible for the game you enjoy? May as well be a completely different canon altogether. And if it isn't, then why does it matter? This isn't a gimmick series like Mass Effect that is built on a story told across multiple releases, they're all pretty much just contained games.
>>
>>3466133
Morrowind could have been way way more ruined by bethesda, being nuked kept it safe from retcons and ocs
I'm sure everyone that cared about it had a sigh of relief when they went that way. Also I thought it was clever that it ended up fulfilling the ashlander part of the prophecy to drive away the outlanders
>>
>>3466133
That's the natural progression of a story, anon. Maybe more dramatic and final than you want, but nothing lasts forever.
>>
>>3466677
Emil doesn't even know what a fucking theme is. I wouldn't trust him to write a shampoo label.
>>
File: laugh lizard.gif (256 KB, 498x330)
256 KB
256 KB GIF
>>3466679
>Emil doesn't even know what a fucking theme is. I wouldn't trust him to write a shampoo label.
>>
File: 1000056794.png (1.24 MB, 942x1184)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
>>3466133
>>3466180
not either anon you two were talking to, but it always bummed me out that morrowind had direct mentions of the empire soon falling due to backstabbing within the royal family and then oblivion not only ignores that completely but comes up with such a bland, lame story and setting. it's almost worse than skyrim, but shivering isles gives it a soft spot for me.
>>
>>3467207
>Wulf, Morrowind
The Emperor is getting old. Don't know how much longer he'll hang on. So is the whole Empire, for that matter. Getting old, that is. The Emperor and the legions have held the Empire together for hundreds of years. It's been a good thing, by and large. But maybe it's time for a change. Time for something young and new. What? No idea. Because I'm old. Old dog doesn't get new ideas. But maybe young folks like you should try some new ideas. I don't know. Could be messy. But change is never pretty.
he's Tiber Septim/Talos
>Eno Romari, Tribunal
We realize that the end of the era will bring many changes. We believe that the gates of Oblivion will open, and the multitude of daedra will roam this world freely. Some might tell you that this is a good thing, that we are descended from the daedra and it will be a return to the natural order of things. I know differently, though. The coming age will be a time of great horror.
>Geilir the Mumbling, Bloodmoon
When the dragon dies, the Empire dies. Where is the lost dragon's blood, the Empire's sire? And from the womb of the void, who shall stem the blood tide?
>>
>>3467207
>but shivering isles gives it a soft spot for me
Also, I just recently replayed Oblivion and finished it for the first time, and I really tried to give SI a fair shake, gave it a few hours, couldn't stand it and just noped out. I don't think it aged well, I don't remember it being so bad back in the day.
>>
>>3467207
>it always bummed me out
No guarantee that some court intrigue plot would've been good in the end product. I'm sure people would shit on that too.

Things are always better when left to imagination, and imagination tends to raise expectations unreasonably high.
>>
File: 1000056795.png (236 KB, 1080x347)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
>>3467217
these were the dialogue bits i remembered. just generic imperial dialogue i believe. yeah the shit with wolf is wild. such a cool bit. this may make me a fake fan but i actually never got thru all of tribunal. i just couldn't get into how different it felt. in my opinion it feels like a pretty amateurish fan mod. that is cool though to see they did actually set up oblivion there though.
>>
>>3467261
>i actually never got thru all of tribunal. i just couldn't get into how different it felt. in my opinion it feels like a pretty amateurish fan mod.
I also just replayed Morrowind/tribunal/Bloodmoon before replaying Oblivion, and I would agree with this. Neither expansion held up to the base game imo, Bloodmoon is a bit better but tribunal did feel jarring and different. I wonder if the expansions were made by the main devs, or if they had a smaller/different team do the expansions while the main devs shifted to oblivion.

Tribunal does have a cool story/twist the first time through though: it’s intended that you play it after finishing the main quest, and are either truly nerevar reborn, or at least you fulfilled the prophecies. Besides the court intrigue with helseth, that piece of shit, you end up working for Almalexia who has become reclusive and is becoming nutty after her godlike powers begin to fade. She hints at knowing you are, or seem to be, nerevar, and wishing to reunite with you, while playing you and making you do her bidding, including things like using a Dwemer weather machine to create a blight storm and pretend she did it to show the people her displeasure and divine wrath, and in the end, she kills Sotha Sil, sends you to investigate his murder, and then tried to frame you for it and kill you, hoping to parade your corpse around and say that she brought the murderer of sotha sil to justice to hold on to power a few more decades or centuries. You can tell people you’ve killed her although almost no one will believe you.
>>
It's not going to have shit because it's never coming out.

These total conversion mods are too ambitious and practically never get anywhere close to a release.
>>
>>3464694
build lore.
new writers take over.
hate the old lore, build their own lore.
new writers take over.
hate the old lore...

wash, rinse, repeat.
>>
found out beyond skyrim has some pretty notorious trannies working on it now. Its never going to be finished
>>
>>3464623
I do.
>>
>>3468787
You have guys working on tamriel rebuilt that released something bigger than the base game and regularly release new regions every couple of months while skyrim fags are stuck in the latest tranny discord drama
>>
>>3464623
can't be worse than morroblivion
>>
>>3464623
I'm interested to see how they do it, cool to see Morrowind reimagined. But I've made mods and games, all kinds of shit, so it's interesting from that perspective.
>>
>>3464623
it's the same engine, bro.
>>
>>3469139
In the same sense that Quake 1, Half-Life, and Source are all the same engine. They all share DNA, and the later ones built on the code from the earlier ones, but having just played Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim back to back, it’s silly to pretend that nothing changed in ten years of development and multiple titles.
>>
>>3469143
Yeah they added more bugs
>>
>>3469231
>Yeah they added more bugs
The number of silt striders was reduced by 100%.
>>
>>3467657
>>3467261
Tribunal's main problem is that more the half the game is spent in a fucking sewer.
>>
File: imperium surrectum.jpg (315 KB, 1305x733)
315 KB
315 KB JPG
>>3464612
It isn't going to have anything. Skyrim modding community is a complete and utter meme. They are too incompetent to create and release anything. All they can do is jerking off on discords. It's been over a decade and they didn't do shit. This is an incompetence unheard of. That mass effect rip-off fedora tipping mod by krauts is the only thing that actually was released. It's pathetics
>>3464623
Skyrim's engine is far superior

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.