[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

With how many indie Fallout clones there are, we need an indie Arcanum successor. Or at least some TC mods.
>>
>>3462976
No. Make something fucking new for God's sake.
>>
>>3462976
There is an indie Arcanum successor(s). They all suck ass.

What we need is a revitalization of the Arcanum franchise. But thats in Microsoft's hands now.

>>3462978
Sadly, fpbp
>>
>>3462976
there is some woke steampunk RPG (sorry cant remember how its called). i dont want it to be remaked
>>
>>3462976
Arcanum was garbage, it enjoyed it's share of popularity after e-celebs shilled it but now everyone moved on to the next hidden gem cult classic to jerk it off
and steampunk is a shitty boring setting no one likes
>>
>>3462995
this is what the youtube generation actually believes
>>
>>3462995
Hey.
Hey anon.
GO FUCK YOURSELF.
>>
>>3462997
yeah these idiots were tricked by shills to pose as fans of a turd game they didn't even bother playing
sad but true
>>
File: arcanum hours.png (108 KB, 227x382)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>3463001
>>3462995
Post your fucking hours.
>>
>>3463001
anon, the only reason you think everything is from other people influencing people is because everything you think is from people influencing you. pro-jec-tion. we liked arcanum before youtube existed.
>>
File: 167619121519340.jpg (175 KB, 1280x720)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>3463009
i uninstalled this turd game twice, the first time it fucking sucked then i was convinced by faggots like (you) that i was ''filtered'' and need to give it another chance and so i did but to to the surprise of no one my opinion on it did not change, i think it fucking sucks!
>>
>>3463015
>we liked arcanum before youtube existed.
and ''we'' mocked your shit taste before youtuber existed
Arcanum was never good, in fact the trash was released in a broken state (like the other two Troika games) you need to install fan patches to make it ''playable'' but sadly it does not make the game itself good
>>
>>3463025
sure, a game doesn't have to be perfect to like it, especially after drog got to it. my point is that it isn't due to influence but rather taste. you don't need puppet masters to explain cult classics.
>>
>>3463018
Good. Stay filtered, FAGGOT.
>>
>>3462976
>With how many indie Fallout clones there are
How many of those are there?
>>
If you weren't onto arcanum back when it came out you done missed it. See I'm a '01 brother.
>>
>>3462976
Age of Decadence but no one bought it because no one actually wanted it.

You want it as long as it doesn't exist. As long as it doesn't exist, it can be everything you hoped for
>>
>>3463009
There was a time where steam didn't exist, you know that, right anon?
>>
>>3463104
>steam

This is how I know how fucking new you are
>>
this wont make people like arcanum, drog
>>
>>3463246
Steam, gog, it's all the same thing, dumb fuck. There was a point where your playtime was not documented for you to brag about on 4chan. This is how I know you're a zoomer, fucknut.
>>
>>3462995
I started it yesterday, it's fun. Baldur's Gate, by contrast, I dropped after about an hour. So, idk different people like different games
>>
>>3463246
>how many hours?
>calls others new
lol
>>
>>3463342
>idk different people like different games
I've always called Arcanum "isometric skyrim".
>>
>>3463343
I guess it's a shame I didn't have the foresight to document my childhood so I could win in an Arcanum 4chan thread in 2024.
>>
>>3462995
Gnomish hands typed this post.
>>
>>3463348
I don't even like Skyrim, so it's not clear to me what that means
>>
>>3463375
(((Gnomish)))
>>
>>3463322
Fair, but I'll say this. I was playing Arcanum way back in the day, even before documentation. Then, even when the game was old and crusty, I came back to it in 2016 and STILL played the fuck out of it. I may not be able to count how much I played it in the 2000s, but I sure as hell can document how much I played of it "recently"

>>3463361
Documenting childhood is one thing, playing it again later is another. I do think its a good game, better than my nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>3463342
I feel that Arcanum was easier to pick up than Baldur's Gate and Fallout 1. Its not all the same - I can play Icewind Dale 2, but not BG 1 & 2 as well. I did finish Fallout 1, but I didn't finish Fallout 2. I think the turn based combat was to its detriment. I know people say Arcanum is better when played turn based, but its not like XCOM. Janky as Arcanum's engine is, the real time combat "works", especially for group based gun comba (as in, when you have more than one gunsligner in your party) One of my most fun runs was when my MC and three other followers were all gun users.That was the power of two Droch's warbringers and two tesla guns, and most encounters ended in 5 seconds
>>
>>3463402
I own the boxed game, so I installed it off the cd a dozen times over the last 20 years.
>>
File: 20240424_122812.jpg (3.63 MB, 4032x3024)
3.63 MB
3.63 MB JPG
>>3463415
So do I. I prefer to play it on gog.com though.
>>
>>3463407
>the real time combat "works"
Not really. Archers have giganigga supasanic speed, hits and misses with guns run at different speeds, and everybody eventually knocks themselves out running out of stamina, by taking that one strike which dips them under the minimum.
>>
>>3462986
I've seen two. One is New Arc Line, the other I don't remember.
>>
>>3463415
>>3463523
>i own the boxed game
Have you still got that inch-thick manual that went into autistic depth on the nature of magic vs. tech, and had a scientific study on the culture and anatomy of all the races?
>>
>>3463688
Has anybody tried that banana bread recipe?
>>
Underrail is already more Arcanum than Fallout in my opinion, with all the crafting and the higher focus on dungeon crawling
>>
>>3462976
Arcanum was too based.
Sadly it was too high IQ, Kerghan was right.
>>
File: 1713974948604020s.jpg (2 KB, 124x125)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
>>3462976
Arcanum is an example of a game that gatekeeps by itself. By nature of its jank, even with those meme youtube videos, Arcanum got to enjoy remaining an 'obscure' crpg.
>>
>>3462976
/Trve RPG/ for trve patricians.
>>
Bump
>>
>>3462976
Every time you mention its name the chance of its corpse being raped by some shitty company increases by one in a million.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.