[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Ffixbox.jpg (26 KB, 256x245)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
This game is hard and I'm not gonna let fat neckbeards gaslight me.
>>
File: 1713153409737992.png (50 KB, 255x256)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>3462162
>This game is hard
It's not hard exactly, just annoying because inputting a command only happens ten years after you want it
>>
>>3462162
I would say that one of the issues is that it rely on gears way more than levels, and rely on the characters having the right skills and abilities as well.
and I remember the official guide not being very helpful.
>>
When I was 8 this was unplayable difficult, I will try again and post in this thread with my opinion because I am curious. The knight also gave me nightmares because he looks like a puppet
>>
>>3462162
Hard in the sense that you can die during boss fights, sure. That's not really what hard should mean. You can die in every game.
In terms of tactics, and problem solving or whatever, there's nothing to it.
>>
are you retarded? I don't remember the game being hard
>>
>>3462392
You dont input commands in this game,retard, you choose them from a menu
>>
>>3462162
Once you defeat your first Grand Dragon your levels shoot up so much.
Then you start farming more Grand Dragons for more exp until you're in the 70's.
Game is a breeze after that.
>>
>>3465350
no cool

Just grind out the abilitys you get from items until you have em all.. then progress.. get more items... repeat. keeps you a lil too strong but its not TOO grindy.
>>
>>3464723
Are you merely pretending to be retarded? Just asking out of curiosity
>>
File: show.jpg (12 KB, 440x248)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
I've seen the first forced encounter (soul cage) fuck plenty of people over because you have to heal the trapped party member, but the game is mostly easy. I play it 3x spd, ATB on, and don't grind levels to make it harder.
I guess there are some difficult encounters / bosses other than Ozma, but after 20 some years I generally know how to prepare for each fight, if you don't you can get screwed by some bosses with status ailments.
>>
>>3462162
It's only hard if you do something like the Level 1 Challenge or if you are going for the Excalibur II achievement for the PC version.

If you figure out how the stat system works and all their best moves operate, it's honestly not a hard game. I managed to beat Ozma with each character solo.
>>
>>3466594
Ozma is mostly a combination of adaptivity and RNG. Meteor is the only real threat he has.
>>
>>3466597
Yeah:
>Finish friendly monster and chocobo sidequests
>Get whatever gemstones prevent his status ailments
>Only select commands while he's attacking (the big secret to this battle)
>Auto-regen and spam the fuck out of Dragon's Crest, Shock, Frog Drop, and/or Thievery
It's a difficult battle that takes forever to set-up. Esp since you've got to grind dragon's crest by killing 100 dragons, or get 100 frogs from the marshes for frog drop.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.