[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: janken-jank.jpg (83 KB, 515x388)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
Janken was one of the worst ideas in gaming.

What are some other terrible ideas?
>>
You sure seem to like testing your luck by making this thread, janken is the same deal.
>>
>What are some other terrible ideas?
Experience points
>>
I thought he was saying Dun-can-Hines when i was a kid
>>
>>10920391
Twilight Princess' wolf segments
That shit turned a dream come true as a game into straight out filler bullshit
>>
this thing right here. that thing right there
>>
>Forced Tutorials
>Difficulty Levels that need to be unlocked
>Microtransactions
>Unlockables in multiplayer games
>>
>>10920391
>What are some other terrible ideas?
This thread
>>
Battlepasses

Day One DLCs

Online Only Gameplay

No Physical Ownership of a Complete Game

Pandering to Political Movements
>>
File: 2312121412.png (74 KB, 274x228)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>10920423
>swing
>wait for meter to recharge
>swing again
>sword connects with enemy
>MISS!!

Also that stamina meter wouldn't be so bad if attacking under 100% actually did any sort of damage. It really is a shitty mechanic
>>
File: FVX9RZRG_400x400.jpg (24 KB, 400x400)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>
>>10920423
Fiziltered
>>
>>10920420
those were cool except for the last one which makes you go back to hyrule town for one bug when you don't have the warp
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (89 KB, 657x519)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>10920391
Musical Chairs
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm16054551
>>
>>10920391
Random battles in RPGs. No one has ever been happy to get a random battle while moving through a dungeon.
>>
>>10920795
I completely agree with you, that's why I play all my RPGs on YouTube
>>
>>10920391
The Japanese seem to be very fascinated with gambling. There doesn't even have to be a monetary reward or anything actually fun, they'll play dogshit Super Famicom pachislot games which don't even show you anime tiddies when you win.
>>
>>10920391
Chocobo Hot & Cold
>>
>>10920391
Skill issue.
>>
>>10920445
>>10920429
But enough about post 2010 games.
>>
File: top-gear-snes.jpg (87 KB, 635x535)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
games that have a split screen even in single player. Half the screen is basically wasted. Mario Kart with the map on the bottom half though I think is acceptable
>>
fag op didn't accept the inevitable
>>
>>10921293
Well that's not an "idea" as such; those games are designed around that scanline-based visualization region. There's nothing "more" really to display so they made the most of it, granted in a somewhat lame way. Mode-7 games are a different matter but even then a cropped region usually helped performance
>>
File: top-gear-2-snes.jpg (65 KB, 627x547)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>10921364
top gear 2 doesn't have the split screen and it's a lot nicer to play
>>
FPS games with gigantic maps that are like 99% empty. Like in Delta Force. There's huge maps with occasional buildings and stuff around the place but all of them are empty except the ones containing main mission objectives. You explore a lot the first time you play it because the maps kind of make you feel like exploring but by the end of the game you realise you were wasting a lot of time
>>
Damn long passwords, with a little developper's effort and a battery save the game had to be amazing ( yes it's for you Gauntlet 4 on genesis / megadrive)
>>
>>10920391
achievements points/medals/whatever
>>
>>10920391
QTEs. Everyone hated them but they were inexplicably in every game for like a decade.
>>
>>10921428
There was a certain spectacle to this back in the day after games like Unreal started the trend of large open environments but it quickly wore out its welcome since it was just big empty space 99% of the time. Same with Serious Sam, a lot of it is just trudging over empty ground after you clear out the horde of enemies while the rest is the opposite of enclosed death rooms.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
the sound this stupid baby in yoshis island makes

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.