[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

This game isn't very good. I can't believe that they decided to make the Great Cave Offensive into a full game just to fuck up the most important part, the treasure hunting. What's the point if there are no cool treasures that are fun to collect?
>>
>>10919958
if you arent playing it with 4 pals daisy chaining yourselves together with loose link cables you are basically not playing it anon. it was an insane multiplayer game when it released and even since then i cant think of another game to try and do a co op, hop in hop out multiplayer component in so much of a free way as amaIn mirror did. a portable co-oppable metroidvania.
>>
>>10920096
>co-oppable
The word you're thinking of...is cooperational.
"Coop" is shorthand for cooperation.
>>
>>10919958
I don't think it's quite as good as people say it is either.
>>
>>10920141
oh sorry, i didnt mean to stumble into a /lit/ thread.
>>
>>10919958
I remember loving this game as a kid, but I tried to play it recently and it just annoyed me. Having to carry a particular power through a short level in other Kirby games to find secrets was a "tough but fair" level of annoyance, but having to carry a particular power through a sprawling metroid-style map crowded with enemies and hazards is just infuriating at times. Especially when it only takes 1 hit to lose a power and how easily that star will vanish off-screen or somewhere else unrecoverable.
>>
>>10920239
seethe more, ESL
>>
>>10920275
I agree with this. Absolutely loved it when I first played it around 14 years ago. Not that I hate it now, but I wouldn't include it in my top 5 favorite mainline Kirby games.
Tried replaying it on Switch online recently and I got so annoyed that you drop your ability every time you got hit by an enemy. And your buddies being dumb as rocks didn't help.
Granted, I still have a soft-spot for this game, and I still consider it to be one of my GBA games, but it does have flaws.
>>
>>10920370
anon im whiter than mayonnaise. sorry to have triggered your fragile ego
>>
lack of mirror ability is kinda crazy desu
>>
>>10920096
Isn’t it not actually that great to multiplayer? It gets laggy if you split up
>>
>>10920679
never noticed it as a kid but i have heard emulators struggle with it still.
>>
>>10919958
I agree but I'm a Sakurai-purist so I don't know if my opinion matter. I genuinely tried all of them before I knew there were different directors and I just didn't enjoy any of them outside of Dream Land 1, 3DS Kirby's Adventure, SNES Super Star, and Air Ride. It's weird because I very much dislike Smash too.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.