[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1712698758788438.png (3 KB, 339x227)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
Is it a realistically achievable goal for the average player? Do you have any yourself?
>>
Every 1CCer was an "average player" before they 1CC'd something.
>>
>>10919697
Anyone can 1CC Streets Of Rage 2 on sightread or minimal practice. Really not that hard.
Touhou games are also easy 1CC, relatively speaking.
>>
>>10919697
1cc is a pretty arbitrary goal when most of these games were designed to eat up tons of quarters
>>
>>10919821
Agree. 4CC is an appropriate amount seeing that the Neo Geo AES gives players that many.
>>
>>10919821
>>10919827
Do shitters really?
>>
Forced autofire 1CCs are at best asterisk 1CCs. It's the gaming equivalent of taking steroids.
>>
>>10919697
Not an arcade game but I can play some NES and SNES games to completion without dying once, haven't seen the continue screen in years. I am sometimes no death in Super Mario Bros using warps, die once or twice in 8-3 because of hammer bro rng, no warps I sometimes get to the last fish overworld level(7-3 I think) if I don't get shitty enemy movement in an underwater level. If I can clear 7-3 without a death I have a 50% chance to go deathless but I don't play the game much anymore.
>>
>10919841
Not an argument.
>>
>>10919857
>I'm a shitter who is incapable of 1CC so I play for 5CC
why is an argument needed in response to that? 1CC is the bare minimum foundation for mastery, but if you want to ride with training wheels on, more power to you.
>>
>>10919697
If you do something a lot, you will learn to do it very well. This is true for all things.
>>
>>10919860
Why do you arbitrarily draw the line at 1CC? Why not a no-miss clear?
>>
>>10919897
I said bare minimum foundation. Score play, speed play, no-miss play, limited/challenge play all build upon the foundation of the 1cc.
>>
I play for fun
>>
>>10919906
And where does 1CC come from? Is it save states or 2CC?
>>
>>10919697
Getting a 1cc is often more about research than blind playing skill.
>>
>>10919821
Lurk more.
>>
>>10919697
This is like the most basic challenge goal there is. Score runs and added conditionals like no-death/no-damage runs tend to result in 1CCs too.
>>
File: 1701300025043600.png (178 KB, 337x404)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
>>10919910
This guy gets it.
If it's fun then you'll probably get a 1CC eventually but if it isn't then it's just a chore done for internet points.
>>
It's feasible for anyone who puts the time in. Which depending on the game can be fun or a stupid waste of time. Whoever outright dismisses for reasons other than their own enjoyment is a permashitter
>>
>>10919923
You start over from the beginning when you get a game over. Each attempt you get a bit further.
It can be frustrating at times, but the sensation of slowly improving and mastering the game is incredibly satisfying. Even though you lose a lot, each new stage ends up feeling like a massive victory.
As you practice more and 1CC more games, your skill improves. Much of this skill is actually transferable. You eventually reach a point where you're so skilled you can 1CC a new game in just a few attempts or even on your first try.
As long as you play good games that reward skill, the process is quite enjoyable and fulfilling. I wholeheartedly recommend it.
>>
>>10919697
Haven't gotten into many of these games because I never felt right playing a game with infinite credits.

1CC sounds way too sweating, but I don't know where to draw the line after that.
>>
Some games are easier to 1CC than others. Contra and Super C are supposedly-hard games that are actually pretty easy to 1CC.
>>
>>10919697
>Is it a realistically achievable goal for the average player?
If "the average player" is a shitposter asking "can i has 1cc" then no. Totally impossible.
>>
File: file.png (47 KB, 320x224)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
>>10919697
i have 1cced most fighting games that i have really really liked, i have come super close to 1cc super turbo, jap edition but for both times gouki ambushed me,

for shooting games, the only one that i have managed to 1cc was twinkle star sprites, which happened automatically, i would play it with my neighbor a lot, who loved it, and so i would play alone too, and one day i managed to complete it, fully
>>
I have a 1CC in Metal Slug and Harmful Park. Both are rather doable as an average player.
>>
>>10919697
It's only achieveable through savestates. Anyone claiming they don't do savestates is lying.
>>
Contra, Super C and Operation C.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.