[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 10333243.png (123 KB, 600x900)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
What does /vr/ think of Knuckles Chaotix?
>>
File: 45107_front.jpg (158 KB, 640x910)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>10919284
Underrated game. As a Sonic CD fan I don't see why people are so hard on it. Seems more like misdirected hatred towards the 32X itself (which is also kind of dumb imo)
>>
It's an ok game. The level design is weird and repetitive and doesnt make the best use of the clackers gimmick.
I also think having 5 acts per zone was a bad idea, not enough variety.
>>
>>10919284
Looks beautiful(if a little garish) but it's clearly unfinished, the ring tether system is fucking terrible, and Charmy's so overpowered that he turns the game into a joke.
I don't know why they didn't just make it a Saturn game, to be honest.
>>
>>10919284
Wonderful art design and music, fucking terrible level design, we should have gotten a Knuckles Chaotix Mania which removes the band and uses the assets to make a good game.
>>
>>10919284
The core gameplay is shit
The level design is shit
The levels look like shit
Character designs are great
Soundtrack has some great songs
Bonus stages are alright
>>
My only problem is that there aren't enough enemies
>>
Great soundtrack but the game itself is horrible
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvV05M2kmzI
It's still integral part of the 90s Sonic canon though, a 'shitty classic', so to say. It's also the game that gave Mania its art style I believe, not any other classic Sonic title. Mania looks like a 32x game
>>
>>10919407
Mania is vastly more impressive than any 32bit game. Last time I checked, 32bit consoles can't output 1080p or any color composition. Modern games can do that. The size and scope of Mania makes it distinctly modern.
>>
>>10919482
Modern games are infinitely gayer than anything on the 32x
>>
>>10919357
There should be a game that uses its assets where you only play as Knuckles and it's exploration oriented like the Wario games. Knuckles has the perfect move set for an exploration game.
>>
File: unnamed (1) (12).jpg (46 KB, 900x900)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>10919284
It's le bad
>>
>>10919660
his reaction to dying in that game still makes me laugh
>what the fuck man, what is this SHIT?
>>
>>10919651
Strange that this was the only half attempt at a Knuckles game. He was always pretty popular and ideal for a more exploration/puzzle/combat-focused platformer but it never happened. Even Tails got those GG games.
>>
>>10919284
The sometimes mesmerizing aesthetics do not justify the awful awful levels.
Mediocre at best.
>>
I know it's technically 'Knuckle's' game, but it just doesn't feel like a Sonic game... can't explain why. The special stage is cool and a lot of fun tho.
>>
The people shitting on the tether mechanic are either incels or grew up without siblings. It makes two player so much fun.
>>
It's genuinely great. The reason so many people shit on the controls (which is why the game is fun) are probably the same people who think classic Resident Evil also has bad controls. That is to say, they're not very bright.
>>
>>10919683
>Strange that this was the only half attempt at a Knuckles game.

sonic blast?
>>
>>10919284
I prefer Sonic Crackaz

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.