[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_7062.jpg (100 KB, 500x489)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
Is there any other official version of this that runs at 60fps? Arcade original is 30fps.
The arranged soundtrack is super good.
I like playing on extra easy because I’m a gay faggot.
I didn’t like this kind of sunny happy Sega game when I was younger, but now I realize the real world necessitates games like this.
>>
>>10886474
>Is there any other official version of this that runs at 60fps?
I believe the Switch port runs at 60fps. Unofficially there's also Cannonball.
>>
MAME can be tweaked to run the arcade version at 60FPS
>>
>>10886474
Play the arcade version with a wheel and pedals.
>>
>>10886474
The 3ds version has an arcade original mode at 30 and a modern mode at 60
>>
>>10886492
Yeah, the Switch SEGA AGES version has a 60 and 30 FPS mode along with JP and International track arrangements.
>>
>>10886878
This version plays really well on a pad (or Saturn analog)
>>
30fps makes it feel like you're going much faster and is way more fun/intense tbqh
>>
>>10887971
I don’t agree
>>
>>10887971
You fell for the "30fps is more cinematic" lie didn't you
>>
>>10886590
Read the saturn version improved on the arcade

That not true?
>>
>>10889202
It’s true, there’s a hidden 60fps option
>>
>>10887971
100%
>>10888054
It's not cinematic, it's that the movement of the scrolling roadside elements (trees, buildings, signs) gets jerkier at a lower framerate, giving the impression of greater speed. At 60fps the eye can track these elements more accurately, and it is clear to see that the rate in which they pass from background to foreground gives the impression of something like 50 k/ph

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.