[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Disgaea2NAcover.jpg (18 KB, 210x300)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>
>>10886449
That’s not Tharcia 776.
>>
>>10886473
Nope, fire emblem is overrated as fuck
>>
>>10886449
The way RPG fags can never agree on what's supposed to be good about gameplay systems is good enough reason to not bother.
>>
>>10886476
it's not an rpg, it's a trpg

in fact it does away with most of the real rpg elements and is more strictly a tg really
>>
in an rpg, you make characters and that's it, in disgaea 2 (and later ofc) you can use reincarnation to simply make a new character class with the same character, the item world is great, the politics aspect of it, it's quite unique and they got it all nailed with that game, even all the new ones are just minor enhancements, nothing really new worth bugging your eyes out over, d2 is still the tops
>>
What is the best Disgaea if I don't like grind autism?
>>
>>10886523
Any. People who complain about grind are cretins, since that it's about optional, post-maingame stuff.
>>
File: Tower_Disgaea_2.png (45 KB, 480x272)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>10886523
>if I don't like grind autism?
It's probably not for you. D2 is as complicated as it needs to be. But it's more or less all about grinding and battles.

You don't follow a story and do battles in a linear fashion usually, you can warp and do and redo any battle. In fact you need to do this to gain levels. It's also got throwing, you can pick up a buddy or even an enemy and lift them, then either throw them or wait and get lifted, then get these ridiculous towers going but throwing your buddies allows them to save a turn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcrIq-_wDDs
>>
also you can recruit prinnies and use 'em like bombs

or even level them up, i got a wicked prinny
>>
>>10886529
There is nothing complicated or grindy if you just play the main game. You can literally lower enemy levels yourself. Jesus christ why are you so fucking stupid?
>>
>>10886548
>There is nothing complicated or grindy
It's deliberately made to be the most autistic game of all time. That's the whole point. You can get to level what, 999,999? do a hundred million points of damage per attack eventually?
>>
>>10886559
It's an optional postgame content, you dumb fucking trash. And only autistic retards care about that mode.
>>
>>10886561
it's designed to be the last trpg you ever need
>>
>>10886569
Don't talk to me.
>>
>>10886579
you should play the game, why are you so insistent that you can't play the game?

it's a good game
>>
>>10886449
Not with that gay artstyle
>>
>>10886561
bro why are you throwing a hissy fit lmao
>>
>>10886449
Edgekino
>>
File: bin it nigger.png (157 KB, 420x420)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
>>10886473
>another translationcuck
>>
File: Mk-zetta-tome.png (427 KB, 650x800)
427 KB
427 KB PNG
>>10886770
Disgaea and Hirada's art has more testosterone than every PS-era Final Faggotry could ever have.
>>
>>10886826
Give me a single reason why I shouldn't.
>>
>>10886476
Everyone has different tastes and your taste a shit
>>
>>10886917
Are you a NinTenTard?
>>
>>10887880
If he was, he's a a N64 fatass who became a Xbox convert down the line.
>>
Is this a tactics ogre clone?
>>
The PSP version is definitive if I want to emulate right?
>>
>>10886523
Maybe Disgaea D2 Brighter Darkness. It's the shortest.
>>
>>10886449
I prefer Langrisser and Shining Force.
>>
>>10887945
Why? Both are very shallow compared to D2 and later ones in the series.
>>
>>10886523
Disgaea 1 and 2 need absolutely no grinding for the main story content. Grinding is reserved for post game. Anyone who tells you otherwise hasn't played the games, or is bad at them. I don't know about the game after the first 2 as I haven't played those, but I imagine they are similar. Start with 1, it is genuinely good, with a surprising likeable cast and story.
>>
File: 1690403629611004.gif (734 KB, 200x200)
734 KB
734 KB GIF
>>10888000
I haven't played D2 but I've played D1 and it just felt much slower, lower unit counts and smaller maps also made it less satisfying.
The only reason I started it in the first place was Etna and I didn't even finish it because I'm not into the whole stat memery.
Also check'd.
>>
>>10888073
>main story content
The point of the game isn't the story, it's tactical battles.
>>
>>10888556
I said main story content, which has tactical battles you dense retard.
>>
>>10888569
I know what you said, you're just wrong. The story is more or less inconsequential, the entire point of the game is battling.
>>
>>10888089
>I haven't played D2 but I've played D1 and it just felt much slower, lower unit counts and smaller maps also made it less satisfying.
I hear ya, also it's basically consequence-free, you can kill your characters, redo any battle, etc. If you're interested in story (Disgaea stories are more or less pretty nonsensical overall) other games are better. And you're only limited to a maximum of IIRC 10 characters in D2. Can't remember in D1 how many you get to have. Makes things like reincarnation very important and it's also hard to keep many monsters with such a limit. So you have to be selective there.
>>
These games cause autism
Good parents don't let their children play jarpigs
>>
>>10889550
Good parents don't let their children play videogames.
>>
>>10886475
I hope you're not OP, because Disgaea is far worse. The 12 year old SEXO humor is fucking obnoxious, these games are terrible.
>>
>>10891120
The story mode is just filler but it's non-ESG compliant for sure. If a sprite with bouncy tits bothers you this game isn't your thing, I get it. You like Nintendo. But it could be much worse.
>>
>>10891320
I own several consoles and games from many different companies. What does liking nintendo or not have to do with hating NIS games for their dogshit "humor"?
>>
>>10891376
It's just a pissy attitude, and the games are great. Your opinion isn't relevant, really. We get it, you like the bing bing wahoo.
>>
>>10891674
>blaming all your problems on a single company
The games are shit and you have schizophrenia.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.