[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

this shit crazy
forgot this was a game that ever existed, coming across it reminded me of seeing it in an old gaming magazine or two
booting it up its got dualshock support and CRAZY graphics, sometimes it looks like you're in an fmv
>>
>>10880142
C-tier RE clone, not worth anyone's time.
>>
>>10880143
RE was an Alone in the Dark clone.
>>
I had a friend who was obsessed with this game. Because there were an unlockable sexy outfits.
>>
>>10880142
From those few years where a bunch of white boys who watched Ghost in the Shell got to make games with decent budgets
>>
>>10880142
>sometimes it looks like you're in an fmv

Because it literally uses FMV backgrounds instead of static images. Shame gameplay is thrash with MGS tier depth but aesthetic is nice and some puzzles are really difficult
>>
I love action games which use pre-rendered backgrounds, but I hate this series. It's all trial & error bullshit and coomer bait.
>>
>>10880642
thrash is awesome so is death>>10880716
>>
>>10880716
Youre not wrong, but games with PRBGs are automatically elevated nowdays and there's worse ones in this genre and gen
>>
>>10880142
>fear effect
>don't understand why is called that way
>play for a while
>lot of lgbt scenes
yes this game is fear indeed.
>>
>>10880716
>It's all trial & error
most of the puzzles and challenges aren't, pay more attention
>>
>>10882395
The key premise of this series is that lesbians are hot
>>
>>10880159
Yes, but RE was better than AitD, which is why RE won
It's like saying SMB is a Pac-Land clone
>>
>>10882827
Copium because you can't take the fact that RE is not an original idea nor were its gameplay mechanics ground-breaking, and is merely a rip-off of a more original IP.
>>
>>10883087
>is not an original idea
And? It took the original idea and made it better
>>
>>10880142
Is it worth burning 4 discs for this? I remember playing it as a kid, but not getting very far and easily inputting the soft reset to title screen combination a lot on accident. It seems interesting and the graphics were cool.
>>
>>10880280
Look at the credits. The game was developed by a bunch of asians. A Japanese character artist and the whole thing was led by a pair of chinks and a thai art director.
>>
>>10882827
>RE was better than AitD
Definitely not. AitD 1 is a phenomenal survival horror game with way more variety in combat, puzzles, and writing. RE is a run and gun game.
>>
>>10883158
>Is it worth burning 4 discs for this?
really would not suggest that - you can play it via usb drive on your playstation 2 via popstarter, and it does indeed play fine that way, no slowdown or glitches encountered by me
>>
>>10882663
In first part there were no lesbo. Its only 3 mercs saving some yakuza daughter who turns out to be the Antichrist and bla bla bla millenium end of the world.
>>
File: 1621798110589.jpg (30 KB, 512x499)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>10880142
Game was pretty grim in the end. Like this guy of the right died and went to hell cos he was a merc and killed people. And the guy on the left lost his arm and died too. Also end of the world depending what ending you consider. The second part was more fun and VIP with Pamela Anderson vibe
>>
>>10884076
>Game was pretty grim in the end.
There's some special ending you can only get if you watch all the other endings where everything ends up fine.
>>
I owned this game when I was little but never made it as far as Disc 2. I beat it a summer or two ago, I was surprised how short it is considering it's a four-discer, but I guess all the looping FMV backgrounds are taking that space up. I like this game.

>>10883158
I mean--it's not like it's a big expensive hassle to burn a disc. Even less of a hassle to just grab it online though.
>>
>>10883158
you can actually use DiskBuster to create a multi-partition disc with a micro switch and just do that.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.