[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1713720793800757.png (166 KB, 523x426)
166 KB
166 KB PNG
Why the fuck there would be gothic and greek art on 17-18 century transilvania?

When It should have been closer to orthodox greek art and bizantine art than it being a collection of french rococo shit?

Do you think I would have not noticed that?
Why the fuck a gothic castle in rumania have french rococo art?

Why the fuck is there a gothic cathedral on Hungary on the 17 century?
>>
>>10879964
Alucard already answered the question.
>>
>>10879964
Bro, it's just a game.
>>
File: 1681993433974849.jpg (600 KB, 1125x1087)
600 KB
600 KB JPG
>>10879971
>Make game around the biblical period of Jesus
>Artist draw a car
>Dude, chaos is a creature of many incarnations, It can summon a car in egyptian times
>>
>>10879964
This post makes a lot of assumptions. All of this could just be chalked up to draculas personal taste honestly. He is after all extremely old. Gothic architecture is not unheard of in Hungary or Romania, it's honestly not that weird, Romanian gothic architecture is even noted for it's unique features. It's also not that weird to furnish an older estate with newer art...I don't see why you couldn't update the decor of your medieval castle with rococo art. I'm not sure Byzantine or Orthodox would make any more sense. It's not that weird they have that much European influence honestly, there was a huge German population in translyvania.
>>
>>10879973
Yep.
>>
>>10879964
Because it was inspired by other (probably 80's and 90's) dark fantasy art, not actual original paintings and sculptures
>>
>>10879976
except german autismo despised the catholic pompousity and arrogance of french roroco.

You need to define if Dracula was a catholic or a Protestant demon, then work from that what type of art he would enjoy.

If he was a protestant demon, he would enjoy catholic art.
If he was catholic, It would make sense for dracula to be ally of protestants.

Protestants and Catholics hated each other.
>>
>>10879984
Brother, he was likely neither. He is a godless vampire. Also most Hungarians are catholic.
>>
>>10879987
He had human characteristics.

If we was a lover of human art, he would share of the same sensiblities about collecting art as humans.
>>
>>10871135
>>10871135
>>10871135
>>
File: 1237912.png (3.65 MB, 1590x787)
3.65 MB
3.65 MB PNG
>>10879973
why not?
>>
>>10879994
because It triggers my history autismo.
>>
>>10879992
exactly, if he loves art, why is it so weird he is into french art? like Dracula can't be in the know about fine art? Regardless of dudes religion.
>>
>>10879984
could've been eastern orthodox too what with his romanian origins. we don't know religion what the real vlad tepes was but his wife was catholic so you can assume lisa was and that influenced his taste in art.
>>
>>10879997
>>10880000
because if he was into rococo art, he would dismiss earlier art as that old shit nobody cares about.

gothic art was deemed barbaric and obsolete by the 14-15 century.

Gothic wasn't revived up to 19 century.
>>
>>10880001
Why is Dracula, a several centruy old vampire, expected to care about cultural trends? I think you saying that he has to reject all previous art because he likes Rococo is fallible.
>>
>>10880013
because the same way you don't keep watching barney the dinosaur when you're 30.
>>
>>10880019
That's not at all comparable, Barney is not high art. The greek masterpieces are still praised to this day!
>>
File: images.jpg (20 KB, 182x277)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
Rule of Cool, it's not a historical document and anyone treating it as such can be safely ignored as an ineffective idiot
>>
>>10880040
> and anyone treating it as such can be safely ignored as an ineffective idiot
It's a fun thought-experiment though.
>>
>>10880037
history proves that very popular artists are forgotten if the new era of art doesn't think he's good.

boguereau is now forgotten, meanwhile he was the ideal of art in 19 century.

El bosco, took up to 20 century to be appreciated again as master.

>>10880040
>dude, stop thinking, only consume and consume like cattle
using your brain is fun.
>>
>>10880013
>Why is Dracula, a several centruy old vampire, expected to care about cultural trends? I think you saying that he has to reject all previous art because he likes Rococo is fallible.
>>10880019
>because the same way you don't keep watching barney the dinosaur when you're 30.
Maybe Dracula doesn't want people to be calling him an oldfag on 4chan
>>
>>10880053
there's not evidence that dracula couldn't be affected by cultural trends.

Which most vampire movies set in modern times shown that vampires follow the local era fashion styles.
>>
>>10880052
I mean...thats cool and all but it still doesn't explain why dracula should care. He's more than likely isolated from culture at large anyway sitting in his castle, as well, as an immortal vampire, he would be able to remember these past art movements. I don't think dracula would just chuck all his masterwork greek marble statues just cause the big art snob at the time told him to.
>>
>>10880060
then why the fuck he would collect human art if he doesn't care about it?
>>
>>10880060
also, most vampires follow the local era costumes, so they care about human trends.

not looking as a clown is a good argument to drop older unfashionable styles.
>>
>>10880058
You can thank world of darkness for that, they pretty much invented the trope of vampires inmeshing themselves in modern society, wouldn't have true blood or twillight without WOD. And even in that universe there are still ancient vampires that chill in dark castles away from modern society. Why can't both exist? I'm sure the older the vampire the more fussy they are about getting with the times.
>>
>>10880069
We need to answer this issue bro.

Do dracula cares about art trends if he's an art collector?
>>
>>10880061
He cares about art, he doesn't care about what other people say about art? you seem to think that everyone has to drop everything and just go with whatevers popular at the time, there were still people appreciating gothic architecture and greek statues just as much in the 16th century, much of the renaissance and baroque movements were inspired by neo-classical ideas.
I can care about a painting I like, even if said style is out of fashion.
>>
>>10880072
art collectors are snobs.
>>
>>10880046
Treating fiction as nonfiction is a fun thought experiment? Maybe if you're trying to experiment with the human ability to self-induce psychosis
>>10880052
Video games are an artistic medium and as such are unreliable for factual information, there are countless better ways to stimulate your brain such as reading about actual history rather than trying to learn about it from a supernatural-horror action game. For Entertainment Purposes Only.
>>
>>10880074
so what? even snobs have favorites.
>>
>>10880075
>better ways to stimulate your brain such as reading about actual history
obviously OP already does, it's just an intersection between 2 different interests.
fuckin fun police over here.
>>
>>10880075
are u aware that deconstruction is a serious intellectual experiment?

>>10880080
except a lot of european art styles are in oposition to other styles.

Gothic and medieval and romancero styles fell out of fashion by renaissance.

People who bragged about the classics, hated with disdain the newer styles.
The concept of loving both medieval and neoclassical art wasn't a real concept up to 19 century.
>>
>>10880085
well...to that I have to say, immortal vampires aren't really a thing either lol. I think you are coming at this from a normal persons perspective and not an immortal vampire's.
>>
>>10880087
Inmortality is not an unique concept.

Greek Gods would be similar to dracula, and yet they still have human characteristics.
>>
>>10880089
okay, but we aren't talking about the decorum of mount Olympus... I'm not making a point specifically about immortality, as if not being able to die affects his personality (I mean I'm sure it does), but he's just really old, he remembers when these styles were cool, it's like an old guy who still keeps his 70s leisure suit and wears it around sometimes, ofc the kids think it's dumb, be he still knows it's cool.
>>
File: Cloi-mathias-cronqvist2.jpg (126 KB, 700x1000)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
Dracula was a catholic or at least he worked for the catholic church since his friend Leon Belmont was a crusader.
>>
>>10880091
>>10880102
He would be some kind of greek god.
>>
>>10880084
The person complaining about historical inaccuracy in a video game isn't the fun police according to you
>>10880085
>did u know is smart topic?
Yes it's super fascinating to wonder why anachronisms exist in fictional media. Surely it has nothing to do with how the creators simply liked those elements and decided to include them, there has to be an internal logic for its existence! How intellectual indeed.

By all means, feel free to continue your conversation. Just chiming in on the reality of the issue.
>>
>>10879964
daily reminder Alucard was annaly raped by two twin demons in one cold freezing winter night during the 18th century and it's canon
>>
>>10879964
>>10879993
oh sure, I forgot, you're allowed to spam the same shit threads over and over here.
>>
Because it's not real life bitch ass nigga calm down.
>>
>>10879964
Maybe the castle inspired the style and not the other way around.
>>
>>10880108
he was a human before turning into a vampire anon he wasn't a greek a god
>>
>>10880000
>we don't know religion what the real vlad tepes was
We do know, he was Orthodox but later converted to Catholicism, albeit that may have been part of a deal to be freed from imprisonment.
>>
This thread is made by a retarded mentally ill Colombian NEET in his 40s known in /vg/ as Cris and in /int/ as 0n. He’s an “aspiring” gamedev who has been working in shitty tech demos for more than a decade and has made zero progress. He’s an extremely pathetic version of that kid who called himself a “lazy genius” back in middle school.
https://youtube.com/shorts/V7RIuX0gWk0
This is who you’re talking to.
>>
>>10879984
Vampires are libertines. An interest in the modern decadent movements in the West makes perfect sense. You’re illiterate, uncultured.
>>
>>10880602
heracles was a human that turned into a god also.
>>
>>10881061
... and how did you figure all of this out, Detective Autism?
>>
>>10881361
Because he posted about it 1 hour before making this dogshit thread
>>>/vg/474990456
>>
>>10881061
Dude seems based.
>>
>>10879994
Ah yes, Shelby Cobra 427, the best battle chariot that ever was.
>>
>>10880069
It's from the original Dracula novel. Dracula moves to London and tries to blend in with local society.
>>
File: FV94tCEWIAI-ezl.png (123 KB, 320x220)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>>10879973
Anon, this isn't the only time Castlevania wasn't period accurate. This game series just does not give a fuck what you think
>>
The castle is metaphysical. It always is destroyed with dracula and is reborn. Do you think someone goes around and hand decorates Castlevania.
>>
>>10879964
they barely make games about romania/transylvania lol. And when they do it's always through the american lens of vampires. We are happy they even exist, not picky about the art choices

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.