[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: DXOnlBRUQAErGru.jpg (50 KB, 480x480)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Back when I was a kid my dad had a lot of games. I'd try them out for myself but could often never beat them because I sucked.

Recently I decided to make a list of such games and checking them off by going back to them and beating them (if they're enjoyable) with my newfound skills. I've found it gives me some direction and motivation to play different kinds of games.

Anyone there anyone else who does this kind of stuff?
>>
On occasion I will play a game that gave me trouble back in the day to see if I can do it now.

Sometimes I find that games I could beat consistently as a kid give me a LOT of trouble now. I used to be able to beat Twisted Metal 2 nearly every run but when I revisited it recently I struggle around Holland. I guess I'm finally getting old.
>>
>>10879475
Is the man in the picture your dad op?
>>
>>10879512
Toshihiro Nagoshi. He doesn't look like that anymore.
>>
>>10879475
My parents grew up before video games, so they never really cared about them. My older cousin however did have a ton of games, I tried making a list of them to the best of my ability but I don't remember every single game he had, it was a mix of SNES, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast etc. And then other cousins of mine had games on N64 and PS1. So much to play back then. I still haven't even tried Tekken 2 or MGS, the last thing I did was just going through the Saturn library in general
>>
>>10879475
>I'd try them out for myself but could often never beat them because I sucked
Still do.
I can beat Legend of Zelda no problem but that's about it. No Megaman, Castlevania, Ghosts'n'Goblins
>>
>>10879475
Back when Nagoshi wasn't a total Chigyu
>>
i grew up watching my mom play classic crpgs(and by classic i mean the ssi d&d games and the like) and point-and-clicks, my dad play fps games like doom, and both of them playing roguelikes like castle of the winds and diablo.

i didn't really get any of them in the early 90s and just clicked shit randomly, but when i hit teenagehood i learned to love all of them and more. still haven't beaten a bunch of those ssi games, though. maybe i should buckle down and beat menzoberranzan.
>>
>>10879518
He looks like Japanese Paul McCartney
>>
>>10879792
I’m sure nothing in castlevania is as challenging as the fucking wizards in Zelda.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.