[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

god DAMN this game is a huge improvement over the original
can't wait to play crash 3
>>
Crash 1 has an amazing artstyle, great music and some excellent level layouts but the controls hadn't been quite yet figured out
Crash 2 is the best balance between good levels and excellent platforming with near-perfect controls
Crash 3 they just ran out of ideas on what to do with platforming and tried to shove literally every other idea they had into the game. The platforming is still excellent but half the game is other unrelated awful bullshit.
>>
>>10879312
>he doesn't know
>>
Are you trying to 100% those games or is your goal just to beat them? If it's the former then oh boy you won't like 3
>>
>>10879317
> but the controls hadn't been quite yet figured out
Am I the only one who thinks that the controls of Crash are less slippery and actually more precise in 1? I feel like I am because people always claim 1 is clunky
>>
>>10879342
>slippery
I remember having an issue where I would always slip off of an edge if I spun immediately after landing from a jump in Crash 1.
>>
I still like 1 the most. I feels like it had the tightest level design, plus it's the most soulful.
>>
>>10879312
3 > 1 > 2.

2 was full of retarded gimmicks and secret exits and the levels were tedious slop, especially when going for 100%.
>>
File: toast.jpg (131 KB, 860x581)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
I liked 3's boss fights the most. Game just looked damn good too. Hard to find better looking graphics on ps1.
>>
>>10879342
The big thing is the animations in crash 1 aren't as smooth so they feel less precise but it's fine once you figure it out. Crash 1 is my favorite now because it's the most challenging to 100%
>>
>>10879513
>the most challenging to 100%
And the least tedious
>>
>>10879506
>Hard to find better looking graphics on ps1.
That's Naughty Dog for you, they've been doing this on every PS console. Too bad they forgot how to make actual good games after the PS1 though but whatever, shit happens
>>
File: 1685957452696027.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>10879312
>>
Crash Bandicoot has a cohesive world, lovely atmospheric music, a gorgeous love interest and satisfying pure platforming challenge. Crash 2 has no interest in establishing a world, the music is just generic slightly catchy but ultimately forgettable tunes, a feminist yass girl power sidekick that takes away from the humorous setting, gimmicky levels and poor casualised difficulty.
>>
Crash 2 is to Donkey Kong Country 2 as Crash 3 is to Donkey Kong Country 3
>>
I think Crash 2's movement feels better not necessarily because the physics were changed, but because having a slide (and the ability to jump out of it) proposes a bigger range of options in the first place
>>10879820
I think what you were trying to say was: "Crash 3 is to Crash 2 what DCK3 is to DKC2". Sorry, i'm just very autistic about semantics
>>
>>10879312
3 has interesting concepts and level design but they feel half-baked
2 > 1 > 3
>>
>>10879452
This. Every thing you do in 2 is either basically trivial or straight up obscure bullshit. Gems don't require you to not die to get them and are hence all about knowing about hidden boxes, while the game only has one 'time trial'. Boss fights in particular are hilariously bad.

3 is one of the absolute best platformers ever made and outshines the rest of the series. You can spend as much time as you want focusing on the relic challenges and maximizing your %, for which there's always something to do.
>>
>>10879443
Nothing more soulful than the polar bear snow levels in Crash 2
>>
>>10879342
Crash 1 has a few frames of input delay built in and it upsets me
>>
>>10879312
holy shit I just got a nostalgia flash of that lenticular 3d cd cover. I haven't thought of that probably since the 90s

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.