[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How do you guys physically store your games? I'm thinking about bookshelves, but I also don't want to deal with the dust situation. Is there anything you've done that's worked out really well for you?
>>
>>10872367
I just keep my games in a stack on my desk but if I wanted to get fancy I'd put them on my wall with mounting tape.
>>
>>10872369
Pics or it didn't happen.
>>
>>10872367
I store all of my physical games inside of my butt hole. No dust to worry about it and it feels great to organize my collection in there.
>>
>>10872380
>No dust to worry about
I've seen your butthole. I really wish you'd concern yourself with dust.
>>
>>10872367
just dust them off when you want to play them
>>
>>10872367
I just dust the shelf with games on it frequently. That is all cased games though. For carts I just keep them in a drawer because I am starting to get over having every single game on display.
>>
File: pop10-mc4d27.jpg (19 KB, 500x380)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>10872367
Can-Am cabinet. 4 drawers. Each drawer holds Around 150 DVD/Blu-Ray/SNES/NES sized carts, so almost 600 total. It's the size of a dresser and keeps everything organized, dust free, safe and out of the way so you don't scare normies away or look like a 40 year old man-child with Bing Bing Wahoo games all over your shelves.

Only downside is they cost around $1200.
>>
in the deep freezer when I'm not playing it.
>>
i only own game boy games and i keep them in a shoebox
>>
>>10872367
I have special vintage shelving for my Super Famicom games. Mega Drive and Famicom go into cassette tape drawers. Everything else goes into 3D printed custom drawers.
>>
>>10872367
>How do you guys physically store your games? I'm thinking about bookshelves, but I also don't want to deal with the dust situation. Is there anything you've done that's worked out really well for you?
I sold my physical games to dumb fucks that were willing to pay a huge premium for them, and now I store my video game archives on hard drives.
>>
>>10872380
yeah I do the same jus tie a condom in a knot, lube it up and just shove like 1.5k games up my ass in some sd cart usually a name brand so i don't have to buy another
>>
File: butt storage device.jpg (101 KB, 323x500)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>10872513
>yeah I do the same jus tie a condom in a knot, lube it up and just shove like 1.5k games up my ass in some sd cart usually a name brand so i don't have to buy another
You must be a virgin.
>>
I use a plastic bin that holds maybe as many games as a couple of shelves (not shelving units - shelves) from the OP image there. So, not that many. It fits easily into my closet. If I feel the need to buy many more games than can fit into the bin, then I might add a couple of shoeboxes or something. If I feel the need to buy more games than that, I ruthlessly quash it, since it obviously isn't possible to live a virtuous life with that many physical games clogging up your living space - unless you're actually running a proper little museum and regularly showing it to the public or something like that, in which case I guess it could be cool. But you probably aren't doing that.

Just put them in a box, or a few boxes, and try to arrange them so that you can get to each one pretty easily. If you can't figure out how to fit them into a few boxes, sell the ones you like the least until the problem dissipates.
>>
>>10872523
i'm waiting for memory that does'nt even use binary, jus up and down spins on atoms so you don't have electro magnet interference
>>
>>10872430
>Only downside is they cost around $1200.

That's a pretty big downside for storing games lol.
>>
>>10872708
Yeah but it's by far the best solution. I'm able to store my whole media collection in one.
>>
>>10872367
My rectal compartment provides roomy anal storage with built in humidity control scrote. It stores a luxurious 5 pubic feet of space and boasts an addition drink holder. Perfect for the every day man on the move looking to take his retro collection with him. Installation takes up to two weeks.
>>
>>10872367
I'm more into cardboard boxes stacked in the corner. I kinda wish I wasn't kidding.
>>
>>10872716
Fair enough, I feel like you could build something comparable for much cheaper though, and it would be built exactly to your requirements.

But hey, if you're happy with it that's all that matters.
>>
>>10872367
sold them all and replaced with flashcarts
>>
>>10872367
On a 20tb storage array
>>
>>10872756
Is it 3D printed? Etsy link??
>>
>>10872367
>I'm thinking about bookshelves, but I also don't want to deal with the dust situation. Is there anything you've done that's worked out really well for you?
bookshelves with doors
>>
>>10872367
Emulation worked out really well, girls will actually have sex with me now that I don't have a pussy deflecting shrine in my place.
>>
I've got all my games and consoles in plastic tubs. It's not terribly attractive, but it keeps things neat, tidy, and dust free. If something isn't in play, it's put away.
>>
>>10873362
Me too. I have nearly 90 PS3 and PS4 games on disc that fit neatly in a single tub like pic attached. I have four tubs like this in all; two have games, one has consoles and the other one is full of cables and controllers/peripherals, etc. They can all fit inside my wardrobe cupboard. I prefer keeping them stored away since sometimes I will play and finish 10 or 12 games in a year and sometimes I will "take a year off" from gaming.
>>
>>10872367
Depending on the size of the game/case, it'll end up sorted in a shoe box or something and thrown in the closet.
>>
File: IMG_E153.jpg (781 KB, 1213x1367)
781 KB
781 KB JPG
>>10874618
Pic related. Box from some boots just happened to fit nicely.
>>
>>10872369
>I just keep my games in a stack on my desk
Both of them?
>>
>>10872367
Most of my video games are stored in drawers, though I assume the rest are in plastic or cardboard boxes.
They used to sit, organized inside a television hutch/cabinet the systems were attached to.
>>
>>10872371
Not necessarily.

>>10872371
Same.
>>
>>10872790
I have mine in a cardboard box as well and think it's really convenient.
>>
>>10872523
Check the size queen over here
>>
>>10875579
I have like 10 games. they're stacked in my stack of books.
>>
>>10874560
Based tub master race. I have a few too. Filled with N64, GC, PS3, PS4, Virtual Boy, Wii, Wii U,,Vectrex, Switch, and soon to be Sega CD and Saturn games.

They're stored at my parents placecwhile I live abroad if/when I ever return home, I'll probably display them discretely in a mancave
>>
>>10877502
>I have like 10 games. they're stacked in my stack of books.
How many books in your stack?
>>
BOOMPSY
>>
>>10872367
They won't get dusty if they are on the shelf anon.
>>
>>10878593
if you clean or not dust will accumulate no matter what you do.
best options
>use an old fridge it will keep everything closed and dust away so games will last more.
>make your own furniture with closed back and front with glass,it will get a small ammount of dust but is cleaner then leaving it on it's own.
>keep them in a safe.
>use special furnitures that keep dust away (downsize price)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.