[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (960 KB, 667x601)
960 KB
960 KB PNG
My wife and I got this (with the artbook manual) at a retro game expo a while back. Have yet to play it, but was curious what the consensus is on it? Sadamoto character designs is always a win in my book, but given it was localized by Working Designs I have...concerns about what they've done to it, if the hackjob they did on Popful Mail is anything to go by.
>>
>>10872117
The SEGA CD version is supposedly better, if you are that worried I'm pretty sure there's an "Un-Working" patch for it as well though personally I prefer to play these games as they were originally released in NTSC-U
>>
>>10872117
My brother bought this when I was 11. Great fucking game. Don't be fucking gay about working design, they went on limb to release this. Post game content is great too.
>>
>My wife
how is that of any relevance?
>>
>>10872117

You made this thread just to tell us you had a wife. So, how is married life?
>>
>>10872239
Every day is suffering, but sometimes I get to lick a wet slit that smells like the dumpster behind a Red Lobster.
>>
>>10872247

I'm sorry to hear that. Why's that?
>>
>>10872117
I played that version when it came out. I liked it, not quite as much as Silver Star Story, but it's still a solid game.
>>
>>10872135
The PS version is mechanically and combat-wise much more faithful to the original japanese version. The difficulty changes in the US SCD version were 100% a Vic thing.
>>
>>10872117
Gfcore thread?
>>
>Sadamoto character designs is always a win in my book
If "whoa this reminds me of Eva/Nadia" sold you to a Jarpig, you're no better than your average casual Dragon Ball Z fag picking up DQ or Chrono Trigger.
>>
>>10872205
He's going to post her nudes once thread reaches bump limit
>>
>>10873390
not at all, i personally feel that anyone seething over Toriyama or Sadamato and similar character designs are just jealous weebs who favorite game don't get as much of the same favorable attention as the former.
More good games should feature recognizable mangaka/anime art.
>>
i too impulse buy games i never heard of at ultra inflated expo prices then wait years then ask /vr/ if i should play the game i bought or not
>>
>>10872239
It's good. I love her so much. Helps she's into old vidya too.
Anyway, good to know it's a good game. Will probably give it a whirl soon.
>>
>>10873415
I feel like I read an old manga with style similar to the girls. Who is the character designer of this game? Is the designer a manga artist?
>>
>>10873432
Nevermind, he is the Golden Boy manga artist.
>>
>>10872117
It's my favorite game. I think most people will find it to be at least good.
>>10872135
Unworked Designs doesn't change the localization, it just fixes the art and some minor changes. Don't remember specifically but I don't think anyone ever bothered to fix the writing.
>>
your concerns are negligible.

it's a great game to play with your wife. it's got cool characters, cool music and a simple but cute and effective story. you don't need to have played 1 first either. just dive right it. it's a traditional jrpg typical for ps1 era. if you like jrpgs you should like it.
>>
File: 20231231_220410~5.jpg (2.29 MB, 3117x2158)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB JPG
>>10872135
>>10872117

The Sega CD version is indeed far, far better in a whole host of ways. Many dungeons were completely redone to be shorter and easier, (the one in pic related particularly) there are less animations, missing music tracks, all kinds of things. Lunar 2 is my favorite 16 bit RPG and I think the remake is pretty terrible by comparison. That said, it's still a solid game and if that's the version you have I would say it's still very worth playing.

>>10872326
I dislike a lot of the Working Designs meddling and the terrible jokes they put in, but I think on the whole the difficulty changes to Lunar 2 were for the better. The magic XP cost to save is silly, but really doesn't ever affect things much. As for it's difficulty overall, I think it's pretty much perfect. I thought so at the time and have been finally replaying it all these years later this winter and still feel that way.

To me perfect RPG balance is where by exploring each area and dungeon fully, but not stopping to grind, you should be just powerful enough that the next boss you come to is a challenge but barely beatable. Very few games actually hit that sweet spot, and the US version of Lunar 2 gets it just about perfect.
>>
bump
>>
>>10872117
it's okay, nothing special
>>
File: 1687580471479393.gif (66 KB, 112x112)
66 KB
66 KB GIF
>>10873393
bump bump bump bump bump

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.