[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ze5Qxke.jpg (54 KB, 730x365)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
Post nice drops. What character are you playing now?

I just made a Zeal Paladin and it's going decent, a bit hard against Duriel and Diablo but otherwise it's a walk in the park.
>>
Path of Diablo
>>
Throw barb.
>>
>>10870637
I prefer SP with PlugY.

>>10870647
How does that shit work? What does it throw? Javelins? Potions?
>>
New player here
I made it to Act 2 hell. Where is a safe place that I can level up a bit? I have a blizzard sorceress that is level 75. I want to gain about ten levels cause the sorc is kinda squishy and I suck at teleporting . I have the basic gear that everyone says to get for newbies
Spirit Sword
Lore Helm
Belt with resists
Amy with resist all and fcr
Ring with resist all
Ring with fcr and resist
Gloves with resist
Boots with resists

Mercenary
Tal Rasha mask that nightmare Baal dropped (lucky get)
Insight runeword
Rattlecage armor
>>
>>10870314
>Can't play nothing but Paladin, even though I never go online to fully use auras.
>The other classes don't click with me that well.
I'm just jonesing for a D2 replay by watching the OP's image.
brb, buying a spare mouse just in case.
>>
>>10871017
Advance until act 5, set players to 8 and farm the shit out of pindleskin. You don't need to tp that much and you can clear the surrounding zombies for juicy xp.

>>10871080
For me, it's druid first, followed closely by assassin. Never broke a mouse with those 2. Hammerdin on the other hand...
>>
Portmaster when.
>>
>>10870674
>How does that shit work? What does it throw? Javelins? Potions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r7wRmacL7E
>>
>>10870314
I've done just about everything this game has to offer, but I still love playing it. I'm doing a "guardian ssf with every character" project right now but will likely do some kind of more challenging run after that.

>>10871017
This advice is for a single-player character. If you're on bnet, just get to the end of hell - you'll level up a lot faster from there.

I wouldn't really recommend stopping at this point to level up. You're pretty close to the point where most of the game stops giving reasonable experience, so it's going to be quite slow going. I'd suggest instead pushing through to the end of Act 3 so you can farm mephisto for items. He'll drop a lot of stuff you need.

If you don't want to take that advice, you can access an area in Act 2 called Ancient Tunnels from the lost city. AT is good because a) some years ago Blizzard decided to designate it as a high level zone and level is a very large part of the experience formula, and b) the regular enemies cannot spawn cold immune. AT isn't fantastic experience and you're unlikely to find good items there unless your mf is very high, but it's by far the best that's available to you at this point.

If you're only looking to get a couple of levels, do nightmare baal a few times with the player count turned way up. You'll get very rapid experience for about a half a dozen runs and then none at all. That's your signal to move on.
>>
>>10871661
>>10871179
Thanks for the tips. I am playing single player. I’ll try making it through to Pindle
>>
PD2 season 9 Anarchy, so far so good with a singer barb on HC, got a bunch of high rune drops and nearly complete with my build, might end it soon cuz this shit has been taking up all my free time for the past week
>>
>>10871687
Farm AT or Mephisto. Theres no point in doing Pindle if you can do Mephisto lol

Also, AT is a good place to farm base items (Flail 4s, Monarch, etc)
>>
>>10871080
i only and always play sorceress
>>
File: Screenshot009.png (3.32 MB, 1755x819)
3.32 MB
3.32 MB PNG
>>10870637
I did PoD and PD2 some years ago..As much as I liked PoD, I think the early seasons (seaons 1 through 3/4) of PD2 were the most fun I'd ever had playing diablo
On D2R I did my first ever b.net lvl 99 this ladder..The best, most valuable, and most disappointing item I've ever found was pic related..Found it earlier this month but just finished socketing it a few minutes ago
>>
>>10871017
For good gear, keep going until Act 3, reroll maps (change difficulty) for a short path to Mephisto, then farm him. I have about 93% of all items in the game, and like 85% of that is from Mephisto alone, this guy is a fucking goldmine. He can't drop some of the top-tier items you can get from Pindleskin, Baal or Lv85 areas, but he still drops around 80% of all the good items you'll need and his droprate on those is about 10000000000000% better than the other sources mentioned above that CAN drop better items but do so only once every 100 hours of farming.

I wouldn't recommend farming Ancient Tunnels until you're almost fully BiS equipped from Meph/Pindle, the droprate of good items there is incredibly low, like one in millions low.
>>
>No-one not even blizzard themselves have topped Diablo 2 yet.
How did they do it?
>>
>>10874619
Replay value, online multiplayer, immersive setting which nail the goth and spooky aesthetic, design of the items and overall player experience over profit.
>>
>>10873451
>>10872797
Thank you for the tips. I’m about to fire the game up. Gonna try to speed my way to Mephy
>>
How does this game have any replay value compared to Diablo 1? It feels the same tbqh, Diablo II is just longer.
>>
>>10875740
You are entitled to your opinion, even if it is incorrect. Diablo 2 has post game content, online ladder and a PvP community. Diablo 1 does not.
>>
I remember spamming the voice emotes during Baalruns. Man, those were the days.
>>
File: druid3.jpg (321 KB, 1920x1080)
321 KB
321 KB JPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.