[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1711927989886504.webm (1.29 MB, 1280x592)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB WEBM
Garage sale season has begun. Have you found anything recently out at various sales? It's been better recently, been finding Gamecube and old cartridges far more then I have in prior years when it was rather impossible
>>
>>10868336
Is there a link for the full video?
>>
I recently went to one and found the SMW manual booklet, paid $50 for it.
Expensive, but I love finally owning it.
>>
these onions golems literally walking with their heads down, all holding their identical swimsuit bags, and scooping up those games from that boomer, its so fucking pathetic.
>>
>>10868336
why are they not even looking at what games they are taking
>>
>>10868339
Why didn't you print it?
>>
Wow, they just knew right where the goodies where, magically, and even had bags prepared to stuff them with said goodies. Amazing.

Everything is so fake and gay nowadays.
>>
>>10868354
It's about profit. As long as they think the odds are in favor of making an X%+ return, they'll grab it.
>>10868668
Certainly likely it's fake, but it could also be used gamestore employees scooping up future stock. I remember there was a minor kerfuffle some years back when a used gamestore was gloating on Facebook about how they managed to clear out all the games from a thrift store or yard sale or whatever it was.
>>
>>10868691
>It's about profit. As long as they think the odds are in favor of making an X%+ return, they'll grab it.
Don't they have jobs? Maybe my perception is skewed because from not being a poorfag but it seems crazy to me to waste your evenings and weekends scouring garage sales on the hopes of scoring a couple hundred bucks.
>>
>>10868701
The reason why so many "steals" and "epic finds" wind up with resellers instead of collectors, is because doing stuff like this is the reseller's job. They have the time and monetary incentive to spend their days trawling worldwide shopping sites, or hounding random craigslist posters with "DO YOU HAVE NINTENDO GAMES" emails, or driving three hours to wait all night for the opening day of an estate sale because they think they saw an NES box in the corner of one of the ad photos, or driving through their town at the crack of dawn to ask every person holding a yard sale if they have any games. Some of the used gamestores might even have multiple employees doing these things. And because they're doing it for profit, they're more willing to gamble on huge lots because they have the time to resell them, and as such they have more chances of pulling a $200 individual game out of a $100 random lot. In fact I think one of the Japanese Famicom Monster Party prototype carts was obtained by a reseller who happened to get it in a bulk Famicom buy.
At one time I think DKOldies, or maybe one of the other online game resellers like Lukiegames, had a reputation for scooping up almost any ebay bulk game lot they could get their hands on, maybe even using buying bots to help them snatch them as soon as they were posted.
There's nothing inherently wrong with it, but it is hard for hobbyist collectors to compete with people who have the time and funds to do it as a full-time job.
>>
>>10868361
Do you know the cost of colored paper prints these days?
>>
>>10868691
>Certainly likely it's fake, but it could also be used gamestore employees scooping up future stock. I remember there was a minor kerfuffle some years back when a used gamestore was gloating on Facebook about how they managed to clear out all the games from a thrift store or yard sale or whatever it was.

It's fake and staged. My friend worked in reality TV production for years before quitting the industry and going back to school to study IT. He said producers would plant items ahead of time. Then would instruct everyone on how to react and what to say. Sometimes adding in drama with fake arguments between characters. Storage wars, Pawn stars, etc. It's all staged.
>>
>>10868339
>paid $50 for it.
You might be mentally retarded, anon.
>>
>>10868850
this is the only real show like that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRv6v_ScrJo
>>
>>10868850
That's a problem with the storage unit shows in particular, they give midwits an altered perception that if they juuuust keep buying enough abandoned storage units, they'll eventually find Action Comics #1 or a cache of gold jewelry or whatever, when in reality 99/100 storage units are full of total junk, and you're lucky if you can make even a nominal profit by selling what you find inside after a bidding war against other overly optimistic flippers, as you're typically going to find yourself stuck with having to figure out what to do with boxes full of tattered old clothes and family photo albums.
>>
>>10868339
>$50 for a booklet of a game that sold millions
It really can't be that bad in america. In europe a CIB version of the game only costs a little more.
>>
>>10868339
I bought the manual booklet for Dino Crisis on PS1 from eBay last year since it was the only one missing from all my PS1 games. My autism couldn't handle it. Cost me $19 AUD.
>>
File: IMG_1062.jpg (1.6 MB, 3024x2517)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB JPG
recently picked this up at a retro store it was in the shovelware bin next to the cashier guess the gbc game its an atlus game
>>
>>10868336
At a flea market two weeks ago, I found the controller pack port for the arcade versions of NFL Blitz and the Cruis'n games underneath a pile of Wii junk. No idea what I will do with it. Was thinking it would maybe be possible to make it into a completely pointless accessory that lets you plug a 2nd controller pack into the 64 without using a controller, if it would even be possible to wire it like that.
>>
>>10868701
>Don't they have jobs?
Re-selling *is* their job. If you can make re-selling work for you, it beats the other jobs that people with shit degrees tend to get.
>>
got a broken nes/snes clone with SMW and SMB3, was expecting it to be built extremely cheap but not so cheap that it's 20% hot glue
>>
>>10869396
...Is it "The Cave"?
>>
>>10869396
Revelations I assume?
>>
>>10868339
This is actually retarded

I do know that this is a common thing though, people usually sell the game, manual and box separately for some reason, what's confusing is what determines the price of each piece? Some games have manuals that go for $50+ while other games the box goes for $50
>>
I got a snes for 5 and fat ps3 for 10 at an indoor garage sale.
>>
File: IMG_1061.jpg (2.46 MB, 3024x3010)
2.46 MB
2.46 MB JPG
>>10869471
yeah i was holy shit when i saw it in the pile right next to shrek gba and duel masters
>>
>>10869481
For some reason, i think it flys under the radar of certain people. I got my copy from a reseller for i think that same price and he even had a 2nd copy in the bin.
>>
>>10869048
lol @ freddie gibbs
>>
>>10868336
It's okay, they're calm.
In France, sellers must come by car to the city center or to a large parking lot to come and exhibit.

It's 5 a.m., people don't have time to get their stuff out of the car when guys are harassing them to find out if they have video games!
>>
Sunday sales are based
All the flippers are gone
>>
>>10868339
It would really blow your mind that I gave all my hard vidia, with boxes, 10years ago to my sister, who was destitute. With the advice that she just sell it all on eBay. She threw all the boxes away and gave it to her children who drew gotees on every label that had a face. I shrug. This is as it is. If she wanted the money she could have sold it to some coomlector. On the flip I bought her son a switch and traded it for his PS3 and all his Skylanders and Infinity stuff. It isn't in great shape but I know in 15 years he will want it back.
>>
>>10869476
So you were in their garage instead of outside of their garage?
>>
>>10868339
Wow, what a deal!
>>
>>10872034
My bad, it was basically a flea market, but in an indoor community center. They called it an "Indoor Garage Sale".
>>
>>10869167
>pal version is cheaper
Imagine my surprise
>>
>>10872034
Those sales are kind of epic though
Just going into some random person's garage
Estate are funnier- just going into some random person's house
>>
>>10868336
If this is real it's pure mental illness.
>>
>>10873259
I dont get how it would be. why are all those redditors lined up and how did they know it was going to be full of video games. seems completely set up.
>>
>>10868741
then don't compete with them, play roms and try to realize that if you value the plastic that much, you're no better than these soi-beta-clucks shuffling like zombies for a box of corroding junk.

If real hardware is that important, buy a flashcart; it's like eating your cake and having it too
>>
>>10872026
>On the flip I bought her son a switch and traded it for his PS3 and all his Skylanders and Infinity stuff. It isn't in great shape but I know in 15 years he will want it back.

If you keep that stuff for him and give it back when he's older, you'll become his most loved family member
>>
>>10868336
I'll be having a garage sale this summer because we're moving to a smaller house and pairing down. I'll be putting out a bunch of old games I don't use anymore but trying to decide how to react if someone like this comes along and tries to just buy everything barely looking at it. On the one hand I kinda don't care, but on the other would be happy to annoy a reseller.
>>
>>10874194
make it intentionally difficult to get more than one game at a time
>>
>>10868336
>stop at garage sale
>nothing but baby stuff and women's clothes
>do a 360 and walk away
I hate going garage saleing by myself. It's not worth it any more.
>>
>>10868336
>live in naggerhole country
>put stuff on the sidewalk for sale
>get immediately mugged at gunpoint and your family gets raped

I envy americans so much it's unreal
>>
File: pc-games.jpg (680 KB, 2622x2496)
680 KB
680 KB JPG
Not recent no. But i did find some cheap pc games at christmas time.
>>
>>10875017
Damn, nice finds.
>>
Not retro but I grabbed a nearly unused DS lite for five bucks. No surface marks whatsoever, no touchscreen gouges or debris, fires out carts like it's brand new, it even included the manuals and the OEM extra stylus.

About a decade ago at the same place I got an N64 for the same price, though it wasn't nearly in as good condition
>>
>>10874067
I don't like pc gaming or putting any effort at all into nerd shit
>>
>>10874963
Well, if someone wanted to buy more than one at a time I'd just engage in conversation. If they clearly just want a few of the things I have that's cool. But if they try to just grab the lot I won't sell any.
>>
>>10875989
Well if you're not interested in effort, and refuse to emulate you can't really complain about prices.
>>
File: picardsflute.jpg (6 KB, 201x251)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>10868345
I used to do a lot of Garage Sailin'
Probably would net a chill $1000-$2000 a summer through ebay reselling and also taking stuff to Play it Again sports (its really easy to find stuff like almost-new golf bags that were gifts to someone who wound up not liking golf, metal baseball bats in good condition,etc)
Plus a good amount of video games
Anything I couldn't sell I would keep in the garage until the end of the summer until I would have a garage sale of my own and basically give it away

I think a major shift happened during the pandemic when everyone was collecting fat unemployment and wanted to have a cash-only source of income as well, and they discovered that the average suburban home is sitting on a pile of flippable income
Suddenly you got this new breed of reseller, really rude, really antisocial - they basically accost the homeowners with their list of money makers, demanding to know if they have anything else inside they can flip. It's gross, these people are violent autists.

I think OP is right, that insanity is starting to go away. For me, I'm done reselling - it just became less of a hobby and more of a chore (I started to get just as many psychos buying my stuff too)
So now I try to hit a handful of sales when the weather is good but I'm just looking for anything I think is cool, and to chat up the homeowners if they seem like they'd enjoy a little conversation. I think recently I've found most of my good stuff that way, chatting up a homeowner who then inevitably asks what I'm looking for, and then realizes they have something cool I might like left in the house.

Anyway I'm rambling. Thanks for reading my blog
>>
>>10868336
I have never found a single video game related thing at any yard sale, apart from some shitty X-box branded speakers like ten years ago. I did not buy them.

>>10869089
>they give midwits an altered perception
Reality TV began destroying normie brains and social media finished it. We're currently in an era where the average midwit is actually less intelligent than an actual retard, simply due to their capacity to consume and assimilate endless amounts of slop.
>>
>>10876020
The fags who ask if they have any games (or really anything else) inside they can go back in and dig through to sell are the absolute fucking worst and I will be rude to every single one who tries to pull that shit.
Insanely rude and inconsiderate to make someone go through that work when they already put out what they want to sell It also freaks everyone the fuck out because it makes it sound like you're going to want to break into their house to steal from them.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.