[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: lol.png (554 KB, 790x474)
554 KB
554 KB PNG
This is the worst location in the franchise.
>>
>>55797871
That's not the galar region though
>>
>>55797871
>could've had electric type Fortree City in a canyon
>instead we get generic French village x8
Locations > pokemon >>> people
>>
>>55797871
pick literally any sinnoh map at random and it will be a worse location than that.
>>
>>55797871
That's not Area Zero.
>>
>>55797907
>haha school
>haha bullies
>haha sandwich
immediately after that
>SPACE MAGIC AND SHIT MOTHERFUCKER FORGET ALL THAT GAY SHIT WE WUZ AGARTHANZ
area zero is ok but if it weren't for the free bike it would be totally out of place
>>
>>55797902
no.
>>
>>55797889
>Locations > pokemon >>> people
BASED
Pokemon went downhill when it stopped prioritizing environments & worldbuilding over plot and characters. this is a fact.
>>
>>55797889
>Locations > pokemon >>> people
So you're saying it's an accurate model of France, then?
>>
>>55797902
Booooo. Lazy as fuck. I only enter these threads to see how some faggot will relate it to a DS region. I rate this 0/10.
>>
>>55797979
That is not what I'm saying
Kalos has redeeming qualities
>>
Was it confirmed that there was supposed to be a scrapped Volcanion event here?
>>
>>55797997
Like...?
>>
>>55797960
Area Zero would have been infinitely cooler if it was basically Hyperborea, you give it way too much credit
>>
>>55798108
No.
>>
File: 123.png (15 KB, 256x192)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>55797902
its so cozy
>>
>>55798171
Soul. And it doesn't take 20 hours to find like in Johto.
>>
>>55798178
>20 hours to find like in Johto.
>do pokeathlon 4 times
>change date on DS if necessary
wow so hard
>>
>>55798250
if you change the time the game detects it so it doesn't count
>>
>>55798178
Name one gen2 pokemon that needs a leaf stone to evolve
>>
>>55798278
>I'm too dumb to change dates
>>
File: Altering_Cave.png (25 KB, 512x384)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>>55797871
ENTER
>>
File: 1707612896713.jpg (40 KB, 400x240)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
Boring ass railroaded Disneyland tour region
>>
>>55797871
It's almost as if it's cause they did absolutely nothing with the location except for the one singular run-in with Team Flare.
>>
>>55798720
>they did absolutely nothing with the location
>except the evil team encounter
>and the power plants with worldbuilding and plot relevance, one of which you have to enter
>and the unique wild pokemon
>and the unique wind mechanics
>and the unique encounter mechanics
>and the rail skating mechanics

They did more with this location than 99% of routes in Pokemon.
>>
File: 382px-Kalos_alt.png (235 KB, 382x250)
235 KB
235 KB PNG
>>55797871
oops wrong pic
>>
Damn, discorders still mad we got Kalos legends and not BW remake lol
>>
>>55798737
Let me go inside more than one fucking interior structure then you hacks.
>>
>>55798752
Literally no sane Unovabort wanted a remake after seeing what happened to BDSP.
>>
>>55798781
yeah, we wouldn’t want the battle frontier being cut from unova, now would we?
>>
>>55798778
To do what?
>>
>>55798784
That's not why we're glad we dodged the bullet.
>>
>>55798794
yeah, we wouldn’t want secret bases and contests and trainer rematches to be gutted from unova, now would we?
>>
>>55798807
Stop rambling.
>>
>>55798809
yeah, we wouldn’t want pokeradar, berry farming, and old rod and good rod to be removed from unova, now would we?
>>
>enter kalos thread
>some girl having a meltdown over ds games again
Classic
>>
>>55797889
Remember when we thought this looked good?
>>
>>55797889
The funny thing about this is that Kalos DID prioritize locations, just so happens they all fucking blow
>>
>>55798740
soul
>>
>>55798848
>just so happens they all fucking blow
Is that why no one in this thread can prove they blow?
>>
File: 1701543006128.png (146 KB, 400x240)
146 KB
146 KB PNG
>>55798860
>if i ignore it, it doesn't exist
I'll give you another one to think on
>>
>>55798881
>dungeon with tons of unique pokemon and optional areas
>ice sliding puzzles
>plot relevance

Again, you’re going to have to actually explain how the location blows instead of pissing your pants and expecting people to automatically agree with you. This isn’t reddit.
>>
>>55798887
>optional areas
Optional item pickups you can get on the first (read: only) visit count as new areas, got it
>ice sliding puzzles
The bar is in Hell
>plot relevance
So railroading a player into exploring a dungeon is good now?
>>
>>55798894
I’m glad you agree every map in pokemon is bad
>>
>>55798898
Obviously, some are just multitudes worse than the rest
>>
>>55798280
vileplume, victreebel, exeggcute.
>but those aren't gen 2 pokemon!
there are no "gen 1" or "gen 2" pokemon, there are only pokemon.
>>
File: 1682959963424586.png (989 KB, 500x506)
989 KB
989 KB PNG
>>55798826
unova #1 baby
>>
>>55797871
Unrelated, but I really like the way this game looks.
It's kinda like an in between of a PS1 and PS2 game
>>
>>55797971
But the games from gen 6 onwards are better than the older ones. Checkmate.
>>
It'll be improved in the new Legends game, right?
>>
>>55800813
they're really not
>>
>>55800844
Yes they are. Anything made before Gen 6 is unplayable oldslop.
>>
File: IMG_3624.gif (1.4 MB, 200x163)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB GIF
>>55800847
>>
>>55800844
they really are
>>
>>55797871
It really sucks how showing any praise for XY is now seen as contrarianism or a cycle because what if I've always liked them and I started with Gen 1?
Not to mention that most people did like it upon release, same thing as BW where people act like everyone absolutely despised them but if you did a search and a click it will show you that most people liked them from the start.
>>
>>55800858
no.
>>
File: p.png (2.88 MB, 1146x5498)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB PNG
>>55800861
Yeah, the revisionism surrounding XY is insane.
>>
>>55800861
I think XY were better received at launch because people saw the flaws as just growing pains of Pokemon transitioning into 3D and a new console, and we were all a little more optimistic about the future of the franchise. I think a lot of people expected a Z version to polish it too. but then 3rd versions never came and the series continued the downward trend, and people realized that the flaws of XY weren't just a fluke, but the new standard.
>>
>>55800880
But Gen 7 was an improvement over 6 in every way and showed how garbage it was
>>
>>55800861
>It really sucks how showing any praise for XY is now seen as contrarianism
Why wouldn't it be seen as contrarianism at this point? For years now Kalosfags have constructed their identity around hating the DS games, that's all XY is ever posted for.
>>
>>55800880
>I think XY were better received at launch because people saw the flaws as just growing pains of Pokemon transitioning into 3D
what flaws?
>>
>>55800880
Then why did it take until Let's Go for the polarization to show?
Gen 7 had similarly good reception and so did ORAS.
Enough with the revisionism
>>55800901
>shitposters online represent millions of fans
You could say any generation of fans exist to talk about how your favorite gen is bad and not why theirs is great.
>>
>>55800914
Only 70 new monsters. This is abysmal for a monster hunting game, as monsters are the core content everything else revolves around. This is made worse when the last gen had over twice this amount.
Intrusive and forced "friends" that follow you around nonstop. Yes, this has been a thing for several gens, it's the worst in XY because none of the friends ever really develop. You have a generic nerd, a dancing fatass (at least this is a unique concept) and then your main rival. They don't amount to anything really when you compare it to Wally's or Bianca's character arc for instance.
Joke of a story. To clarify, the villains make a big deal about how ugly and terrible the world is, yet Kalos (and all of the Pokemon world) is presented to the player as a utopia. None of it makes sense.
Speaking of which, Lysandre is arguably the worst villain in the series. He's a wannabe Cyrus with the brains (or lack thereof) of Rose.
The gym leaders do nothing. You challenge them once, and see them once, that's it. Compare that to the previous gen 5 and subsequent gen 7 where all of the gym leaders/captains and kahunas actually step foot outside their gyms multiple times and do things and actively contribute to the plot. This is why people say XY characters are bland and forgettable.
Lumiose city is a disaster to navigate with the awkward camera angle and hitched performance. It's also almost completely empty save all of the meme cafes. The whole region feels disjointed as a whole.

>what flaws?
I know you're going to disagree with all of my points which is fine but it's concerning that you seem to imply XY is literally flawless.
>>
>>55801042
> Only 70 new monsters. This is abysmal for a monster hunting game, as monsters are the core content everything else revolves around
So you think Platinum, HGSS, and BW2 are all flawed games since they have 0 new monsters, right?
>>
>>55797871
Imagine a world where Gen 6 came out with their original vision and we only speak if pokemon going to shit with Gen 8 instead.
>>
>>55801146
Up until USUM, Pokemon games have only ever introduced brand new monsters upon the initial ushering of the new gen. Never remakes or third/definitive versions.
Your argument makes no sense. Just admit that XY was underwhelming in the new monster department as an objective fact, number wise at least.
>>
>>55801217
>Up until USUM, Pokemon games have only ever introduced brand new monsters upon the initial ushering of the new gen
How is it relevant if it's a new gen or not? You self yourself it's important for a monster hunting game, which the 3rd versions and remakes still are.
>>
>>55801215
It would still be better than Gen 5
>>
>>55801215
>pokemon going to shit with Gen 8 instead
it did though
>>
>>55801229
Stop attaching your French identity to how much people like a pokemon generation.
>>55801230
You know what, I'll grant you that Gen 6 and 7 were just mediocre, not terrible. Except USUM.
>>
>>55801223
Because remakes and third versions don't introduce entire new regions. It's not their job. These types of games also cater to different audiences.
Brand new gens is when people get excited for entire new entire regions and new species to inhabit them. It's always been this way.
>>
>>55801281
>Because remakes and third versions don't introduce entire new regions
So? They're still monster hunting games. You said yourself it's important for a monster hunting game to have new monsters because they're the core content everything else revolves around.
>>
>>55800861
XY was legitimately a good game, in the first half. Once you clear Clemont it falls off a cliff in quality.
>>
>>55801290
Maybe you're too young to know, but this is the general discourse and always has been. First games of a brand new gen are always held to a higher standard than remakes or third/definitive versions, which again, serve different purposes. Act obtuse all you want, but the fact remains is that gen 6 introduced the fewest amount of new mons by far. If you really wanted to defend gen 6's low monster number, it would make more sense to counter me with the introduction of Megas, not pretending to be retarded like you are.
>>
>>55801383
>First games of a brand new gen are always held to a higher standard than remakes or third/definitive versions
So you agree the third versions and remakes are more flawed than XY?
>>
>>55797871
Who would know? You can't even get in there.
>>
>>55801378
XY until you get the Mega Ring is easily one of the best pokemon games of all time. Sadly the rest of the game was obviously rushed.
>>
>>55801378
>>55801437
retarded meme
>>
>>55800880
I would actually say Sun/Moon was a general improvement over XY. Not a huge one, but it had a spirit to it that made me want to like it. It was only with USUM that I started to worry about the franchise, and Sword and Shield killed any hope I had for the series.
>>55801437
Rushed is the word I'd use too. Everything up until that point felt extensive, some of the longest stretches between badges in the franchise. After that it tries to push you towards the ending as fast as possible, not taking the time to give us side areas, or side plots, or develop the villain team in a meaningful way. Even when I like how something looks (for example, I like Route 14) it's over and done with. That's one reason why I think Gen 7 is a 'general improvement' over Gen 6. It doesn't feel like it has the same ambition as Gen 6 had early on sure, but it wraps up what it's trying to do at a good pace. It doesn't give me the vibe that they ran out of time or inspiration and had to push me to the end zone, at least not as much.
>>
>>55801453
Yes, you did post a retarded meme.
>>
>>55800926
>Gen 7 had similarly good reception
ULTRA CHANGES and people were complaining about the cutscenes from day 1.
>>
>>55800926
>ORAS.
Zinnia had a massive hate base, people wanted that girl tortured to death.
>>
>>55801042
>To clarify, the villains make a big deal about how ugly and terrible the world is, yet Kalos (and all of the Pokemon world) is presented to the player as a utopia
The fun part is, the villains would legitimately have had a better argument in Kanto or Unova, where urbanization and pollution are major issues. Show Lysander a non-sugar coated Virbank or something.
>>
>>55801472
>not taking the time to give us side areas
Lost Hotel and all of Route 16 is a side area
Most of Lumiose City is a side area
Azure Bay is a side area
Terminus Cave is a side area
>or side plots
Not a thing that actually exists in prior Pokemon games
> or develop the villain team in a meaningful way
Not a thing that actually exists in prior Pokemon games

Are people just like…physically unable to come up with problems with XY based on things that actually exist in the game? Or is it just retards parroting common reddit opinions to pretend they’re offering intelligent discourse?
>>
>>55801662
Lost Hotel I'll grant you, Route 16 is dogshit and it pissed me off how boring the designated ghost route is. They could at LEAST make it fucking spookier, put in a graveyard, some dead trees, a fog, SOMETHING besides some fall leaves.
>Most of Luminose City...
You can just say 'empty' bro, and you get access to the whole thing with Clemont, that's why I, personally, said I felt rushed after Clemont and not before (though obviously the path TO Clemont is too short.)
>Azure Bay
Azure Bay is before Clemont, anon. Don't mix me up with the guy who said 'after the third gym', I said, paraphrased, 'after the fifth', though accurately I should've said 'starting with the fifth'.
>Not a thing that exists in prior
Gen 4 and 5 had them.
>Not a thing that actually exists
Uh, what? All the gens had you encounter the evil team, meet their characters, and foil some plots before their final plot relevant plot, except Gen 2. With Gen 3 it became a major thing, and starting with Platinum they put even more focus on it. Gen 6 dropped the ball, you can't excuse it just because Johto didn't care.
>>
>>55801792
>I-IT’S BORING
>I-IT’S EMPTY
I agree every pokemon game is rushed and has no side areas

> Gen 4 and 5 had them.
cool, point out where

> All the gens had you encounter the evil team, meet their characters, and foil some plots before their final plot relevant plot
XY did this. Did you pay attention to the game or are you too busy parroting comments you saw on reddit?
>>
>>55801813
>I agree every pokemon game is rushed and has no side areas
You just named the side areas and I agree with you, dumbass.
>Cool point out where
Gee, I dunno anon, how about Pokestar Studios? The Battle Frontier?
>XY did this
Barely. You encounter Lysandre twice before his plot fired off, and one of those times he's just there to act suspicious while the dipshit Professor introduces him. That's literally Johto tier.
>>
>>55801820
>You just named the side areas and I agree with you
While crying about how they're boring and empty.

>Gee, I dunno anon, how about Pokestar Studios? The Battle Frontier?
Gee I dunno anon, how about the Battle Chateau? Or Inverse Battles? Or the Battle Institute? Or the Battle Maison? Or the battle restaurants? Or the hotel tasks?

>Barely
Like every other game, yes. Glad we agree every game is rushed.
>>
>>55801792
>>55801820
stop feeding the troll
>>
>>55801955
this, the more you respond to him the more obvious it is that XY doesn't actually have any problems that isn't common to literally every pokemon game
>>
>>55801472
The one thing I like about USUM are all of the cool miniquests from NPCs they added. Original Alola works well, but they had those in the original SM games where the main narrative and post-game quests are actually good, then I think Alola would be one of, if not the absolute, best regions.
>>
>>55798781
Still using this cope?
>>
>>55802205
there's a lot to like about Alola, but it would still be nowhere near the best unless they fixed the pacing and constant dialog. getting stopped every 5 feet absolutely kills the momentum of the game and tanks any replay value those games might've had. it doesn't feel like you really get into a proper game flow until at least the 3rd Island, and even then there's still way too much stop-and-start. I don't wanna hear "but the plot is good!" because by the time anything interesting develops in the plot, I have already conpletely checked out and am mashing A through every dialog box. like, way to kill a game. I think alola is a somewhat soulful region but I'm not putting myself through Lillie ever again. Gamefreak needs to learn that telling a lot of story doesn't make for a good story. brevity is the soul of wit.
>>
Why do XY haters get so upset over other people liking it? Every pokemon game is basically the same anyways.
>>
>>55798788
>b-but there's nothing to do!
That's the issue, kid
>>55798784
>>55798807
>>55798819
>>55800870
>>55801229
>>55801416
>>55801453
>>55801947
>>55802218
Why are you seething with your regurgitated arguments? I honestly thank Gamefreak they made a legends game retreading a shitty region instead of a beloved one like the last time.
>>
>>55802272
>That's the issue, kid
I agree, every pokemon game ever with a sealed building is bad
>>
>>55802272
>I honestly thank Gamefreak they made a legends game retreading a shitty region instead of a beloved one like the last time.
We all believe you.
>>
>>55802272
>I honestly thank Gamefreak they made a legends game retreading a shitty region instead of a beloved one like the last time
and then they shit out bdsp and everyone hates sinnoh again
>>
>>55797871
at least the music is bop'
>>
Fuck off, XY is amazing.
>>
Remember when we thought this location was going to be important in some DLC or something?Rumors of DLC only got more intense as the save patch happened.
I miss when the board was mostly united. Good times.
>>
>>55801042
Half of this is story related.
Lumiose city is a fair point though
>>
>>55802437
>IT’S LE EMPTY IF I IGNORE ALL THE THINGS TO DO
no it isn’t

I didn’t even bother reading the rest of his post because he couldn’t even stay consistent with his very first point about new pokemon but it turns out the whole post is trash. Go figure.
>>
>>55801146
HG/SS is a remake, so that point goes out the window.
3rd versions aren't really "new" games, which kind of destroys your own argument entirely.
The weird part is, this isn't even the argument. The only way you can worm your way to this argument is to ignore the obvious connection that X&Y are the ONLY mainline games in Gen 6. B/W/2 can be considered apart of the same set of games, and therefore all share the "introducing 152 pokemon" moniker. B2/W2 cannot be considered necessarily standalone, even though they're operationally standalone expansions(and the most impressive official romhacks to date, alongside SMB2.)
>>
>>55802483
>HG/SS is a remake
So? It's still a monster hunting game. So according to (You)r schizo logic it needs new Pokemon.

>3rd versions aren't really "new" games
They are though.

>The weird part is, this isn't even the argument
Yes it is. Backpedaling now because you realized how retarded (You)r argument is?

>B/W/2 can be considered apart of the same set of games
No they can't. BW and BW2 are different pairs of games. If you're lumping BW2 with BW then I can lump XY and BW and just claim there are 228 new Pokemon. Also, what if XY is my very first Pokemon game? Does that mean there are 721 new Pokemon and it suddenly becomes the best game ever? Your ""flaw"" is so fucking flimsy and full of holes you couldn't even keep it straight past a single post.
>>
>>55797902
Most Sinnoh locations are comfy and kino, the only problem is a lot of them (specifically the routes) feel the same. I’d still prefer that to theme park regions with completely different biomes right next to each other like Galar or Paldea.
>>
>>55802285
Good thing that other game has more things to do. You can deny it all you want like this retard>>55802472 but it turns out not all games are created equal.
>>55802503
>NOOOOOOO MUH LITERALISM
New gens need new mons. You can bitch all you want but XY sucks for this. Muh mega are not new mons.
>If you're lumping (Gen 5 game set in Unova on the DS) with (Gen 5 game set in Unova on the DS integrally connected with the previous one by many features) than I can lump (Gen 6 game set in Kalos on the 3DS) with (Gen 5 game set in Unova on the DS)
Sorry you're just naturally dependent on pure shitposting to make any semblance of an argument.
>>
>>55802531
>Good thing that other game has more things to do
You're right, XY does have more things to do than DPPt.

>New gens need new mons
This isn't what the original post said. You've officially moved goalposts and now admit your original argument was trash.

>Muh mega are not new mons.
They effectively are.

>If you're lumping (Gen 5 game set in Unova on the DS) with (Gen 5 game set in Unova on the DS integrally connected with the previous one by many features) than I can lump (Gen 6 game set in Kalos on the 3DS) with (Gen 5 game set in Unova on the DS)
Correct. If you can lump in a different pair of games then I can lump in a different pair of games.

>Sorry you're just naturally dependent on pure shitposting to make any semblance of an argument
I'm sure you know what that's like.
>>
>>55798250
You cant get stones as prizes in the pokeathlon until postgame, so roughly 15-20 hours in
>>
File: ZN8WRii.png (483 KB, 1330x1008)
483 KB
483 KB PNG
>>
>>55802540
>You're right, (inverted statement to make it false)
turns out not all games are created equal.
>moved goalpost
Wow it's almost like you've been semanticssfagging the whole time and everyone understood he meant in a new gen.
>effectively
Nope.
>Correct
Nope. The concept of generations is in fact a form of lumping. There's no way to lump together XY with BW as the same.
>no u
Concession accepted.
>>
>>55802558
>adding spikes and changing colors of older mons
>new pokemon
Your meme isn't catching on, son.
>>
>>55802559
>turns out not all games are created equal.
You're right. That's why XY is better than DPPt.

>Wow it's almost like you've been semanticssfagging
Reading what your post literally said instead of interpreting it as something it didn't say just to be convenient for you isn't "semanticssfagging". Learn how to make a coherent argument that you don't instantly waffle on the second you get questioned about it.

>Nope.
Yup.

>The concept of generations is in fact a form of lumping
The concept of both games being in the same series is in fact a form of lumping.

>Concession accepted
Concession accepted.
>>
>>55802575
>that's why (inverted statement to make it false)
Stop pretending to be retarded.
>muh literalism
Why would anyone make an argument about introducing new mons that is an inconsistent as that? It's obvious they mant as a new gen game, as that's the actual common criticism of XY, which is introducing the fewest new mons of any gen.
>Yup.
Megas are not new pokemon. you can cope all you want but that won't change the reality.
>being in the same series.
So there's no metric to lump just BW with XY like you outlined, yet there is with B2 and B2W2. Got it.
>parrotting
Concession accepted.
>>
>>55802586
>Stop pretending to be retarded.
It's not false though.

>Why would anyone make an argument about introducing new mons that is an inconsistent as that?
Because XY detractors are fucking retarded and don't have any consistent standards, which is why their arguments instantly fall apart under any scrutiny. They make a retarded "critique" about the game to sound smart and then instantly start backpedaling the second they realize a game they like has the same or worse problem, which is exactly what you just did.

>It's obvious they mant as a new gen game
If it was obvious the post would have said that.

>Megas are not new pokemon
They are. You can cope all you want but that won't change the reality.

>So there's no metric to lump just BW with XY like you outlined
There is. They're in the same series.

>Concession accepted
Concession accepted.
>>
>>55802607
>It's not false though.
Prove it.
>y-you're retarded! It's totally not me representing the criticism!
How about just respond to the actual critique? you seem adamant t keep the conversation away from it....
>If it was obvious
Then there would be no need to mention it, yes.
>They are
Show me the unique Pokédex number of Mega Gardevoir.
>They're in the same series
So you can't lump them together without lumping in the whole series. The same can't be said about BW and B2W2, which are in the same generation.
>parrotting
Concession accepted.
>>
>>55802607
>They make a retarded "critique" about the game to sound smart and then instantly start backpedaling the second they realize a game they like has the same or worse problem
That doesn't actually refute anything.
>>
>>55802615
>Prove it.
You first.

>How about just respond to the actual critique?
I did. Then you started backpedaling because you immediately realized you don't actually believe your own point, because you realized it makes games you like look even worse than XY.

>Then there would be no need to mention it
Then you wouldn't have said something completely different.

>Show me the unique Pokédex number of Mega Gardevoir

>So you can't lump them together without [lumping them together]
Um...duh?

>Concession accepted.
Concession accepted.
>>
Stop arguing with the kalosnigger. He unironically believes XY are flawless games and he's arguing in bad faith. He's too retarded to be reasoned with, I tried.
>>
>>55802633
I don't have to refute anything because I already refuted your retarded point in the first post I made responding to you.

>>55802637
>He unironically believes XY are flawless games
It's easy to believe that when you have a hard time listing any actual flaws to the point where you embarrassed yourself on the first fucking """flaw""" you listed and immediately had to backpedal on it.
>>
>>55802558
Megas by definition are quite literally not new Pokemon you fucking idiot. Why do you waste your time making these shitty posts?
>>
>>55802653
Mega Mewtwo Y was literally advertised as a new Pokemon when it first got announced you massive newfag
>>
>>55802636
>You first.
Sinnoh has like double the locations you fucing nigger. It also has three times the amount of battle facilities.
>I did.
No you didn't. Show me where you addressed XY having the smallest new roster of any new gen.
>You wouldn't have said something completely different
Because the obvious part was obvious. Sorry your miscreant brain needs spoonfeeding.
>282
So it's not a new pokemon, but rather a new form of an existing pokemon. Got it.
>shifts away from lumping things together exclusively because ehe realized lumping JUST BW and XY has no basis, while BW and B2W2 does.
Gee this seems awfully reductive for someone arguing against backpedaling kek
>parrotting
Concession accepted.
>>
>>55802649
>I don't have to refute anything because I keep dodging the actual point
Nice try.
>If I ignore flaws they don't exist
Nice try.
>>55802658
>XY is so shitty it needs false advertising to sell.
This isn't the win you think it is.
>>
>>55802649
>because I already [FANFIC]
>>
>>55802551
that's wrong you can get them at any point. go try it if you don't believe me.
>>
>>55802659
>Sinnoh has like double the locations
Ah yes double the locations where I can see Geodude and Machoke random encounters, fucking amazing

>It also has three times the amount of battle facilities
Yes, all it took was scamming people into buying the entire game again and even THEN they couldn't even put PvP matchmaking.

>No you didn't
I did. Then you started backpedaling and changing your argument.

>Because the obvious part was obvious
Evidently it wasn't since you said something different.

>So it's not a new pokemon
It is.

>Gee this seems awfully reductive
Yeah, just like lumping in BW2 with BW. Funny huh?

>Concession accepted
Concession accepted.
>>
I don't like France.
>>
>>55802669
>accuses others of changing arguments as he brings up random encounters out of nowhere
>>
>>55802669
>d-doesn't count
If you have to ignore content to make it seem like Sinnoh has less content, you have no argument.
>buying an entire game again.
You only need to buy one to get it all though.
>pvp
imagine thinking this is more valuable than shit like the underground, the BF, and double the region design.
>I did.
Show me where you addressed XY having the smallest new roster of any new gen.
>b-but you didn't mention it!
Because it was obvious, retard.
>It is.
But Gardevoir already existed.
>just like lumping (lumpable games based on generation)
That's different.
>parrotting
Concession accepted.
>>
File: IMG_4399.png (368 KB, 680x680)
368 KB
368 KB PNG
>>55800890
Gen 7 was flawed but its flaws were different from gen 6’s
Gen 6 flaws:
>pitifully easy (even for children) because the level curve wasn't balanced around the new exp share and the teams of boss trainers are absolutely pathetic (gym leader pokemon have only THREE MOVES each)
>barely any new pokemon, game prefers to shove old mons in your face instead
>linear region with few optional out of the way areas
>barren postgame, just the obligatory battle tower facility and like 3 legendaries (mewtwo, zygarde, and 1 bird depending on your starter)
Gen 7 flaws:
>filled with obnoxious unskippable cutscenes and dialogue, ruining the game’s replayability
>shitty clunky online functionality, somehow a downgrade from the previous gen’s
>barebones locations with little room for exploration, at least gen 6 had some decent dungeons and routes even if the region as a whole was linear
I’m not going to mention pokemon designs since those are quite subjective but as a hoennfag I personally prefer the bright and tropical designs of gen 7
>>
>>55798178
>Johto out of nowhere
Rent free baby. Btw it takes literally 2 hours maximum in both Crystal and HGSS.
>>
>>55802682
original argument:
>XY is higher quality than DPPt
current argument:
>XY is higher quality than DPPt

>"Y-YOU CHANGED YOUR ARGUMENT!!!"

>>55802684
>If you have to ignore content
Seeing more Geodude and Machoke random encounters aren't content.

>You only need to buy one to get it all though
Holy shit I get Platinum for free after buying Diamond?

>imagine thinking this is more valuable
It is.

>and double the region design
Geodude and Machoke spam isn't "double the region design"

>Show me where you addressed XY having the smallest new roster of any new gen
>>55801416

>Because it was obvious
No it wasn't, because you said something different as an attempt to sound smart and then instantly made yourself look like a retard.

>But Gardevoir already existed.
But Mega Gardevoir didn't already exist.

>That's different.
No it isn't.

>Concession accepted
Concession accepted.
>>
>>55802691
>pitifully easy (even for children)
>barely any new pokemon, game prefers to shove old mons in your face instead
>linear region with few optional out of the way areas
>barren postgame
So you think BW2 is bad, right?
>>
>>55802710
Current argument is about the quantity of content, when he counted locations you tried to shift things.
>>
>>55802728
>Current argument is about the quantity of content
No it wasn't.
>>
>>55802729
>You're right, XY does have more things to do than DPPt.
>>
>>55802716
>barren postgame
>bw2
You didn’t even read everything I said did you
>>
If it weren't for BW2's new routes, Unova would be the worst pokemon region of all time.
>>
>>55802736
>n-no you see they roadblocked half the region to force you to do it after the credits so that means the postgame isn't barren
>>
>>55802752
>forgetting multiple battle facilities
>forgetting rematches with n, alder, e4/champion, etc
>forgetting a dozen + legendaries
Meanwhile Kalos doesn’t even give the e4 rematch teams lmao, they still have teams of 4 mon even in the postgame
>>
>>55802769
>they added multiple battle facilities that are just the battle maison but worse and a bunch of worthless piss easy npc rematches so the postgame totally isn't baren bro
>>
>>55802775
>calling any pokemon game easy
bro they're ALL easy. These games are for TODDLERS.
>No you see this game has a gym leader with a pokemon 1 level higher it's not as easy
YEAH IT IS, IT'S THE SAME SHIT
>>
>>55802745
Even without BW2's new locations, Paldea still exists.
>>
>>55802812
I never played another pokemon game after sword and shield so I'll take your word for it.
>>
>>55802840
Paldea feels like a non-region. It's just a wasteland devoid of any proper design. Imagine SWSH's Wild Area but an entire region of that.
Sure the freedom sounds cool on paper, but it's completely devoid of personality, looks and runs like shit.
>>
>>55802860
this
needed more geodude and machoke spam
>>
>>55802503
>(You)
Actually I should've prefaced this with NTA.
I'm trying to point out that the argument was not in games but rather generations of the games.

>They are though
Explain how, then.

>Backpedaling now because you realized how retarded (you)r argument is?
I jumped in because I recognized the other anon's argument, but also realized his presentation is flawed. Going upon the lines of "monster game generations" completely fills the "gaps" and prevents people who try to subvert his argument by trying to treat his argument as something else.

>No they can't
Ignoring the fact you just tried to pair two games that took place in totally different regions, that's not how the argument works.
They're Gen 5 mainline games, therefore they can be. Otherwise, taking your counter-logic to its logical conclusion, X and Y cannot even be paired together despite being apart of the same generation, because they are not the same game, IE:on the same cartridge. Exclusive Pokemon between versions is a bitch, isn't it?
>>
File: 1691234535408782.png (108 KB, 615x598)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>55802540
>You're right, XY does have more things to do than DPPt
no ball seals no buy
>>
>>55802930
no trainer customization no buy
>>
File: 1708239831867756.jpg (55 KB, 656x679)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>55802932
that's what i bought pbr for
>>
>>55802936
>that's what i bought [different game] for
glad you conceded dppt is worse
>>
>>55802940
He said that he was going to buy if there was a game with ball seals in gen 6! Where's the ball seal Anon!?
>>
File: 3dsmemories.png (177 KB, 1200x630)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
Goated region.
>>
>>55802925
>I'm trying to point out that the argument was not in games but rather generations of the games
That's not what the post said.

>Explain how, then.
How do I play the Battle Frontier in DP?

>I jumped in because I recognized the other anon's argument
You jumped in because you realized how retarded what he said was and are trying to change what he said into something else.

>Going upon the lines of "monster game generations"
That's not what the post said.

>Ignoring the fact you just tried to pair two games that took place in totally different regions
Ignoring the fact you just tried to pair two games that took place in totally different times, that is how the argument works.

>They're Gen 5 mainline games, therefore they can be
XY and BW are mainline games, therefore they can be.
>>
>>55801215
original vision? how different was gen 6 supposed to be?
>>
>>55803722
He's a retard still trying to shill his fanfic leak. Ignore it.
>>
>>55803722
Some retarded schizobabble 4chan """leak""" from years ago, can't find the image atm
>>
>>55802868
Based
This is why Unova is the worst region ever made
>>
>>55797879
Fpbp lel
>>
>>55802710
original argument:
>XY has the smallest new roster of any gen
current argument:
>"Y-YOU CHANGED THE ARGUMENT!!!"

>(statement that reduces the actual content) aren't content
Okay than none of XY's content counts either. Sorry you couldn't address XY having less locations.
>I bought both
No one else's fault but yours. Did you buy both X and Y, too?
>pop being a remotely valuable feature compared to the underground, the BF, and double the region design
Holy shitpost
>(statement that reduces the actual content) isn't double the region design
Double the amount of locations is double the region design.
>doesn't address XY having the smallest new roster of any gen, thus shifting no non new gen games.
Holy shitpost.
>you left out the obvious thing!
Because it was obvious.
>Mega Gardevoir didn't exist.
Making it a new form of an existing pokemon and not a brand new pokemon on its own, yes.
>lumping same gen games together exclusively is the same as lumping two random games because they're in the same series
Holy shitpost
>parrotting
Concession accepted.
>>55803711
>That's not what the post said.
Because it was the obvious full wording of the common argument.
>refers to completely different argument when asked to explain
Pt is just a special edition DP anon. Buying both was all on you if you did that.
>MUH LITERALISM
Because it was the obvious full wording of the common argument. Now address XY having the smallest new roster of any generation. This has been asked of you like twenty times and you're hellbent on answering something else that was already answered.
>totally different times
Same generation though, unlike what you did with XY.
>XY and BW are mainline games
So there's no criteria to pair just them together without lumping in the whole series as well, got it. This contrasts with BW and B2W2.
>>55803738
Holy shitpost.
>>
>>55803711
>That's not what the post said
Because the original anon was a fucking retard who didn't word his argument correctly. His true argument can be inferred in subsequent posts.
>How do I play the battle frontier in DP?
Really? A new mechanic makes a totally new game? Hrm, okay. What about the story? What about the region? When did it release? What was the marketing like? Are you truly going to argue that a game which shares 98% of its content with its "predecessors" is an entirely new game because of that 2%?
That's not how game generations work and you know it.
>and trying to change what he said into something else
No, no I'm not. See above.
>that's not what the post said.
See above
>Ignoring the fact you just tried to pair two games in totally different times.
They're in the same region, released for the same console, share the same Pokmon distributions, share the legendaries between games, had heavy dependence on the previous games, and were marketed as apart of the B1/W1 experience.
>XY and BW are mainline games, therefore they can be.
Nice argument there. It would suck if, say, they were on totally different systems, never shared a region, never shared an overlap in story, and never marketed together like B/W/2 or U/S/M.
Face it, XY has as much in common with B/W/2 as it does with R/G/B/Y.
>>
File: 1709406493307277.png (1.66 MB, 1880x3365)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB PNG
Unovafags seething over XY like always.
>>
To be fair, it's not just Unova. Unova also is pretty bad, but Kalos is just a really, REALLY bad region with some shit games.
I hope Legends Z-A is worth playing, or I'm gonna feel bad for people who like the French setting.
>>
>>55804764
>but Kalos is just a really, REALLY bad region
which is why no one can explain how it’s bad
>>
>>55804802
It's bad because of thing that previous game did.
>>
>>55804566
>original argument:
That wasn't your original argument. You had to change your original argument because you realized it made games you like look bad.

>(statement that reduces the actual content)
It doesn't reduce the actual content though.

>No one else's fault but yours
Game Freak could have just made a good game on the first try like they did with XY.

>Holy shitpost
Not an argument. Concession accepted.

>Because it was obvious.
If it was obvious you wouldn't have said something completely different.

>Making it a new form of an existing pokemon
And a new Pokemon, yes.

>Holy shitpost
Not an argument. Concession accepted.

>Because it was the obvious full wording of the common argument
If it was obvious you wouldn't have said something completely different.

>Pt is just a special edition DP anon
How do I play BF in DP?

>>MUH LITERALISM
Basic reading comprehension isn't "literalism".

>Now address XY having the smallest new roster of any generation
There were already at least two posts addressing it.
>>55801416
>>55802558

>Same generation though
Same series though

>So there's no criteria to pair just them together without lumping in the whole series as well, got it.
Yes. Exactly like what you're doing with BW and BW2.

>>55804616
>Because the original anon was a fucking retard
I'm glad we agree. So then why are you so desperate to change what his actual argument was?

>His true argument can be inferred in subsequent posts.
No, what can be inferred from his subsequent posts is that he instantly realized he made a terrible argument and had to make a different one.

>Really? A new mechanic makes a totally new game?
Yes.

>No, no I'm not
Yes, yes you are.

>They're in the same region
They're in the same series

>Nice argument there
Yeah, it's about as good as your argument trying to lump BW2 intro BW.
>>
The degree to which Unovafag won't just admit he made a bad argument and had to backpedal is pretty funny
>>
new pokemon in platine rotom-w,rotom-f,rotom-m,rotom-h,rotom-fr,giratima-o,legal shaymin,shaymin-sky,legal darkrai,legal arceus. wow!!!!
>>
>>55800861
If you really started with gen 1, you would remember that people felt the same way about gen 3 for the longest time.
>>
>>55804802
Too many rivals, poor city design(Lumiose is the key city and yet it's literally two circles with nothing to do. Even Castelia wasn't that bad,) story was unengaging and uninspired even by Pokemon standards(humanity-ending disaster by egomaniac, haven't seen that one before,) and quantity of introduced Pokemon with inconsistent quality(it made more sense for Unova to have inconsistent quality, it introduced one more Pokemon than Gen 1.)
>>
>>55805016
>it's okay when unova does it
Every time.
>>
>>55805016
> quantity of introduced Pokemon with inconsistent quality
i dont get that complaint. there arent that many shitty designs from kalos
>>
File: lumiosecastelia.jpg (1.92 MB, 2257x5825)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB JPG
>>55805016
>i-it has nothing to do!
>no the pokemon lab where you get the pokeradar doesn't count
>no the PR videos don't count
>no the clothes boutique doesn't count
>no the lottery doesn't count
>no the pokeball store doesn't count
>no the evolutionary stone store doesn't count
>no the daily hotel minigames don't count
>no the gym where you can get a pokemon amie ribbon doesn't count
>no the four replayable battle restaurants that are extremely useful for farming money don't count
>no the alleyway npc battles don't count
>no the entire villainous team base that's there doesn't count
>no the entire postgame story that takes place there doesn't count

get an actual argument instead of parroting vague unsubstantiated nonsense and hoping people agree with you.
>>
File: 1702185925476.png (1.97 MB, 4658x784)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB PNG
>>55805037
no anon you don't get it, gen 6 has worse pokemon designs but I won't actually explain how they're worse because I need to force this narrative that gen 6 is bad so I can fit it in my underaged reddit friends
>>
>>55804943
>So then why are you so desperate to change what his actual argument was?
Rewording the opening statement is not the same as changing the argument. My logic is still completely consistent with the first anon's responses, it's just that I managed to explain it better by adding a singular word, to make it much harder for you to take the wrong way literally.
>No, what can be inferred from his subsequent posts is that he instantly realized he made a terrible argument and had to make a different one.
That's not at all what happened and you know it. You're lying through your teeth and actively ignoring obvious evidence. You'd make a really shitty lawyer.
>Yes.
Okay, well the argument still falls within generations, but it explains why you took it so literally.
Your logic is absolutely retarded, but credit where credit is due, it's internally consistent and easy to follow.
>Yes you are
No. No I am not.
>They're in the same series
That's such a broad justification, you might as well have said that they were created by humans in the milky way galaxy.
>it's about as good
But it's not. It's actively worse. I tore it apart point by point, while defending my own argument to why B/W and B/W2 fit together while X/Y and B/W cannot be paired.
>>
>>55805079
nta but XY and ORAS fit paired together better imo
>>
>>55805079
>Rewording the opening statement is not the same as changing the argument
In this case, it is, because you very obviously changed the argument from something it wasn't before. You went from
"NEW MONSTERS ARE IMPORTANT TO MONSTER HUNTING GAMES BECAUSE THEY ARE THE CORE THING THE VERY GAME IS BASED AROUND IT'S VERY IMPORTANT I AM VERY SMART"
to
"w-wait um actually it's not important for this specific category of games in this specific series, whether or not it's a monster hunting game d-doesn't matter at all actually"

Just own up and admit you fucked up anon. This is just pathetic.

>That's not at all what happened
It's precisely what happened.

>Okay, well the argument still falls within generations
Okay, well the argument still falls within the same series

>No. No I am not.
Yes. Yes you are.

>That's such a broad justification,
So is "they're in the same generation therefore I can lump them in because it makes games I like look less bad"

>But it's not. It's actively worse
But it's not. It's actively better.

>I tore it apart point by point,
It's cute that you think you did that.
>>
>>55805087
Yeah. That argument actually fits with how I'm talking about these things, except I also made it a point with HG/SS that I don't consider remakes "new games" within the context of this argument, so they don't /have/ to bring as much to the table in this argument.
>>
if you can argue XY is a bad game because it doesn't have enough new pokemon then I can argue gen 1-5 are bad games because they don't have enough new megas

it's such a dogshit flimsy argument it's barely even worth entertaining
>>
Eevee used Yawny Yawn
>>
>>55805092
>"NEW M
ONSTERS ARE IMPORTANT TO MONSTER HUNTING GAMES BECAUSE THEY ARE THE THING THE VERY GAME IS BASED AROUND"
to
>"The monster hunting games are based around monsters, therefore loads of new monsters should be added."
You didn't think this argument through. The only thing that's changed is that I've added the nuance that you should be considering Pokemon by generational lines.
The reason for this is because your logic, as pointed out before, would define X and Y as separate games otherwise, as well as all others, which completely destroys the point of the twin versions of Pokemon.

I'm not going to engage in this further because you've continuously gone "I know I am but what are you?" and have repeatedly ignored and refused to defend your own positions past gish-galloping around.
>>
>>55805106
XY are bad games because there aren't enough G max forms.
>>
>>55805106
Megas weren't a thing before hand, while Pokemon is literally the core concept of the franchise.
If you had said items, I would agree. I just felt that the anon was unfortunate.

>>55805048
Castelia isn't the main city so that explains the lack of content, that would be Nimbasa that has everything, but I am man enough to admit that I was wrong in how much content there was. I remember there only being a handful of shops and a gym, the former which didn't get my interest.
I am also willing to admit that bringing up Castelia was a mistake, since again, the analog is Nimbasa, not Castelia.

>>55805027
Point to it and I'll say it's not. Castelia is already one of my least favorite cities in the entire series.
>>
>>55805115
>The only thing that's changed is that I've added the nuance
It's not """nuance""" when you change the entire meaning of the argument. You went from "it's important for monster hunting games because the game is based around monsters" to "it's important for this specific subset of games in this specific series and the monster hunting game thing isn't relevant at all actually"
>>
>>55805131
>Megas weren't a thing before hand
But then they were. Therefore less new Pokemon is justified, because now the game has a thing that didn't exist before. See how fucking retarded your argument is?

>while Pokemon is literally the core concept of the franchise
Unless it's a remake or a third version, then it's apparently it's not a core concept anymore, right retard?
>>
>>55805133
Fine, one more. Too addicted to drama anyways.
Treat the third versions as standalone expansion packs and suddenly my logic is consistent. It's almost magical how that works out, like my entire crux of the change was that we had to be a bit more careful with Pokemon because it did things in a way that other games do not do.
>>
>>55805147
>Treat the third versions as standalone expansion packs
That are still new games. ESPECIALLY in the case of BW2 which isn't even a third version and is a sequel. So your logic isn't consistent at all.
>>
>>55805139
>Introduction of a concept invalidates all of the previous games
That is not how the argument worked though.
>core concept
You still catch Pokemon in every mainline and remake game. It's therefore a core concept that has been there since the beginning. It also doesn't change the fact that X/Y still have the least new Pokemon.
Once again, if it were items we were talking about, like new berries or something, I could agree more.
Do you have to be so antagonistic towards me? We literally just started discussing this, I'm not interested in hostilities this quickly.
>>
>>55805151
>Command and Conquer Firestorm cannot be an expansion pack because it's a sequel
>Left 4 Dead 2's Crash Course and The Sacrifice cannot be expansion packs because it's a sequel
>Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising's standalone expansion pack cannot be an expansion pack because it's a sequel
>>
>>55805158
how many new pokemon did BW2 introduce?
>>
>>55805153
>That is not how the argument worked though
Yes it is.

>You still catch Pokemon in every mainline and remake game
You still catch Pokemon in XY. So what the fuck are you whining about?

>>55805158
Yes.
>>
>>55805164
How many new Pokemon did OR/AS introduce?

>>55805169
>You still catch Pokemon in XY. So what the fuck are you whining about?
I'm complaining about Goomy, Hawlucha(good execution, bad idea,) Scatterbug line, Pyroar female, and the Binacle line. The problem with having so few additions is that each dud makes it way more noticeable.

>Yes
Ok.
>>
>>55805199
>I'm complaining about [things I won't actually explain how they're bad]
>There are so few additions because the new additions they made don't count
Don't care. Get an actual argument.
>>
>>55805199
>>
File: 1711827195728.jpg (21 KB, 350x226)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>
>>55805106
New pokemon >>>>>>> new forms of old pokemon

Simple as that really. As much issues as I have with modern designs I'd much prefer more of that then just amphoras with a mullet
>>
>>55805239
new forms of old pokemon >>>>>>> New pokemon

Simple as that really. As much issues as I have with modern designs I'd much prefer more of that then just pikaclone 9.0
>>
>>55805213
Excluding alternate forms, like mega-evolutions or rotom-forms?

>>55805208
>I'm complaining about things I won't actually explain how they're bad
>It's just a blob with antenna. Muk and Grimer are just as lazy
>I like Hawlucha just for its execution, but luchador bird is not a good concept
>Scatterbug is not appealing to the eye
>Spewpa is still not appealing
>Vivillon uses far too many colors and is gimmicky for no reason, ala Spinda. This would be fine, except the colors.
>Pyroar doesn't need a ponytail
>Binacle is fucking ugly and forgettable, also I'm pretty sure it doesn't abide by color theory
>Barbaracle is thankfully just ugly, still has the color theory problem

>Get an actual argument
It's a very subjective one, but there is my argument.
The Pokemon designs are all a subjective argument though. I like many of the Unova designs, Druddigon and Archeops not withstanding, but I know many of you guys don't.
>>
Objectively I enjoyed one game more than the other therefore your argument is retarded and nonsensical
>>
Enjoyment is subjective, although beauty has some objective quality that can be measured by polling.
Only problem is that, realistically, people like you who would skew it in favor of one side or another by means not intended with the poll, IE:botting or convincing others to vote a way they wouldn't have.
I'm not saying you would, mind you. This is more an accusation of the people on all sides who think they're objectively right and would go to no end to achieve their victory, no matter how meaningless that victory would become with their actions.
>>
>>55805243
You got algebra homework to work on dont ya kid
>>
>>55805243
I mean, you do you. Some of my favorite Pokemon designs are new forms of existing mons. Ninetales and Arcanine, with their counterpart forms are my favorites. Alolan Raichu is preferred over regular Raichu.
That said, they can still get creative with "pikaclones." Emolga and Togedemaru are pretty nice.

(I just remembered Dedenne exists, I guess I would rather have alternate forms than Dedenne.)
>>
>>55797871
Not even the worst map in XY, although being blown everywhere in an area that encourages using the rollerstakes is pretty shitty. Route 14 is arguably worse for being a Sinnoh route, Route 1 is literally nothing, Route 20 is a shitty Lost Woods that doesn't have much going for it, Frost Cavern fundamentally doesn't work with the mechanics of the game, almost all the optional content is better saved for post-game with the partial exception of Terminus Cave since only one room is cut off so it's still technically worth it and is actually a reward, XY has a lot of weird map-based issues for a game that's otherwise just incredibly bland. And yet it's still better than Sinnoh map design on the whole, holy shit it wastes your time or is underwhelming way too often.
>>
>>55805338
Unova route 9
>>
>>55797871
Always bugged me there was just this random tiny perfectly round desert just north of a paris, at least with unova it was sandwiched between two cities so it stands out a little less in my head
They even had a super weapon in the game they coulda put there and said its draining the life force out the area or some shit.
>>
>>55805354
I mean at least Shopping Mall Nine is there, but yeah. Unovan Route 9 isn't good either.
>>
>>55805354
Route 9 is actually really solid, as are all but one of the "near a bridge" routes. Despite being a quick, linear route it gives the player a major side area (Shopping Mall 9), a tease for post-game content (Challenger's Cave), and even when B2W2 removes the latter it still provides an extra little ice puzzle to enter the mall until post-game, it's got a lot going on despite the small size. This is probably a result of a lot of Gen 5 maps having more than two major entrances, meaning that there's almost always something more to do than just progressing through the map.
>>
>>55805370
Even in Unova, it's implied civilization was there at some point, which means it wasn't always that way. Granted, this is a really shit approach, the Desert Resort leans WAAAAAAY too hard into "show don't tell" without justification, but it's still better than this tiny desert.
>>
File: CT Amplitude Map.jpg (107 KB, 792x612)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>55801453
Okay, now post an amplitude map of the kinds of content in each segment of the game
>>
>>55805375
> Route 9 is actually really solid
Why? Because it happens to exist in a game you like?

>i-it has a side area
So do the maps you bitch about in XY
>i-it has a tease for a postgame area
You can just say “roadblock”, anon.
>i-it has an ice puzzle
XY has an entire area full of ice puzzles and you bitched about it anyway while claiming they don’t work when they objectively do.
>>
>>55805393
This is very evidently not the same anon who complained about all of those things, and I wish you'd learn to stop treating random people all the damn same just because we are the anonymous legion.
>>
>>55801662
>Lost Hotel and all of Route 16 is a side area
Lost Hotel is really solid, yes
>Most of Lumiose City is a side area
Most of Lumiose City is unrewarding, hard to navigate both from a signposting perspective and the camera design (seriously, shit's worse than DK64, a game with practically no motion easing), and feels shitty as a reward for completing a major part of the game since it looks the exact fucking same as the rest of Lumiose you saw earlier. It's impressive how they make unlocking a new part of an existing area un-fun.
>Azure Bay is a side area
There's nothing worthwhile to do there until post-game, and even in post-game the bird shit is kind of awful.
>Terminus Cave is a side area
It's okay I guess but it would have been nice to be able to catch Zygarde early, but maybe I'm just too Regi brained.
>>55805048
>no the clothes boutique doesn't count
>no the lottery doesn't count
>no the pokeball store doesn't count
>no the evolutionary stone store doesn't count
That shit would have been in one department store in another Pokemon game, probably more of that shit on your list arguably (I'm pretty sure the restaurants were also condensed in later Pokemon titles as well). It seems like a lot of that is padding.
>no the PR videos don't count
Somehow they're even worse than Musicals from Gen 5, which I only bring up to point out how much of a waste of development resources they were, so I'll be fair and do the same for PR videos.
>no the daily hotel minigames don't count
That shit is something you do once in SMRPG to see what it's like as an Easter egg.
>>
>>55805393
>So do the maps you bitch about in XY
Okay, point out every XY map that has more than two exits. I know the routes connected by Lost Hotel do it, and they're probably the best designed maps in the game.
>You can just say “roadblock”, anon.
No, I'd use roadblock to describe something that prevents main story progression, of which both Gen 5 and XY have a lot of.
>XY has an entire area full of ice puzzles and you bitched about it anyway while claiming they don’t work when they objectively do.
Okay, then why do they get absolutely obliterated by walking diagonally? At least only one of BW's many ice puzzles is broken due to a lack of a hitbox.
>>
File: IMG_0087.png (793 KB, 600x580)
793 KB
793 KB PNG
>I-I CAN’T NAVIGATE LUMIOSE CITY P-PLEASE MAKE IT A STRAIGHT LINE MASUDA SAMA MY BRAIN CAN’T HANDLE ACTUAL EXPLORATION
>>
>>55805431
Hard to navigate and unfun to navigate are two very different things man.
>>
>>55805460
no they aren’t
>>
>>55805431
It's not that it's completely unnavigable, it's that it's designed like shit. To make another Rare game comparison, Terrydactyland has similar issues of little signposting, padded space making moving around the area tedious, boring graphical design, and generally being the worst area in the game. It's easier in both games to use the fast-travel system, which is less than ideal. Seriously, Lumiose is such a "baby's first 3D" level of bad that it wouldn't be out of place on the N64 or PS1. I dunno if it's Bubsy 3D level bad, but it's just unpleasant. Mario 64 is better than it most of the time, and that game is criticized in the modern area for being jank despite how shockingly solid it actually is.
>>
>>55805478
>I-I’m bad at navigating it so that means it’s designed like shit!!
>>
>>55805131
>it made more sense for Unova to have inconsistent quality, it introduced one more Pokemon than Gen 1.
Kill yourself.
>>
"Go to the cafe" in an area with several identical unmarked cafes is objectively bad area design
>>
>>55805474
Yes they are.
>>
>>55805483
Okay, tell me how to get to a number of areas in the game based on landmarks. A well designed map lets you build up a mental map of the area. You seem to be very familiar with the game, so I'd like to get your perspective on this, as I try to avoid Lumiose when I go back to XY (which is rare given ORAS exists and is better in every single way).
>>
>>55805483
>>55805499
if you have to quote nobodies to avoid addressing someone else's argument, you didn't actually address their argument. This is a frequent tactic commonly used by Kalosfags for some reason.
>>
>>55805508
no they aren’t

>>55805509
The city is full of unique looking buildings that mark different locations and you’re crying about there not being landmarks that mark locations? Use your brain anon.
>>
>>55805499
>NOOOOO YOU HAVE TO PCK ALL CONTENT INTO ONE CITY INSTEAD OF SPREADING OUT CONTENT BETWEEN CITIES CORRECTLY LIKE UNOVA DOES
Lumiose fucking sucks bros. It gutted all the other Kalosian cities of any character and any reason to return there. They seem to be going even further in that direction with ZA.
>>
>>55805400
>>55805513
It's okay to walk away when you get btfo. It's just 4chan.
>>
>>55805474
>>55805508
Do you two autists need to do this every day? Both of you should kill yourselves and be helpful for once.
>>
>>55805521
How is "unfun" and "hard" the same, anon?
Also, you saying buildings are distinct doesn't prove that they are. Actually articulate your point or leave the thread. Give me examples; or else you're very obviously just speaking out of your ass like an AI.
>>
>>55805499
Wrong post to reply to, but... yeah, dude. 152 designs in the span of 5 years? There's going to be a fair few duds, that's to be expected. Pokemon R/G/B/Y had a lot of duds and it had less time to get it sortted.
>>
>>55805525
You’re going to have to actually explain how the other cities lack content compared to Unova instead of spouting vague bullshit and hoping people agree with you.
>>
>>55805529
My bad, I'm the second one. I don't normally do that but I'll refrain from it in the future.
>>
>>55805527
Proved my point spectacularly.
>>
>>55805521
>The city is full of unique looking buildings that mark different locations
List them, preferably with pictures. After all, you seem to be capable of making infographics, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to do it. The older maps of Lumiose aren't great, but they're about as old as the game itself so I think more can be done to improve it.
>>
>>55805536
Virbank has Pokestar, Driftveil has PWT, Village Bridge is unique, Black City and White Forest has a reason to return there, as does Undella, Humilau, Striaton, Opelucid, and Mistralton, which don't just have two entries/exits. If this were Kalos, all those would have only two ways in without leading anywhere else and all that content would be shoved in the Main city. Their nearby routes also have things to do and laces to go instead of being one way progressions.
>>
>>55805546
>could he possibly be talking to two people?
Kill yourself.
>>
>>55805560
>says its okay to walk away in a manner consistent with talking to only one person
A "you too" would've sufficed if it was supposed to be two people at once.
>>
>>55805577
No, retard. Just saying that would imply one person. >>55805575 nailed it.
>>
>>55805583
I'm sure name calling someone who likes a certain thing you don't like will work out for you.
Also, how would going
>>post#1
>thing
>>post#2
>Goes for you as well.
imply one person?
>>
>w-w-well you're brown
melty: severe
>>
>>55805599
>brownie literacy
kek
>>
The controls here were kinda shit. But I did like how Gibles/Dugtrio dig along the surface of the ground in the wild. The newer games need that kind of detail. Or Noiibat/Zubat/Woobat falling from the ceiling. And the Hordes of 5 Taurus or whatever. XY had some good wild mechanics.
>>
>>55797871
Why did they show such a retarded moment in the reveal trailer?
>>
>>55805750
>But I did like how Gibles/Dugtrio dig along the surface of the ground in the wild. The newer games need that kind of detail. Or Noiibat/Zubat/Woobat falling from the ceiling.
if they did this with more new pokemon than noibat (and even that is only after the 7th gym) maybe gen 6's roster would be more memorable
>>
>>55805958
yeah it's a shame gen 5 didn't have any memorable encounters
>>
>>55802559
>>55802575
>>55802586
>>55802607
>>55802615
>>55802636
>>55802659
>>55802669
>>55802684
>>55802710
>>55804566
>>55804943
Confession denied both of you
>>
File: 0t5zhohbhgca1.jpg (78 KB, 960x720)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>55805966
>shits on all Kalos encounters by being 100x more memorable than all of them combined
Nothing personal, kid.
>>
>>55806033
nothing about this is memorable unless you're a zoomer
>>
>>55806121
Swiss cheese brain
>>
>>55797871
That's neither Kalos Route 1 nor Melemele City's blackout fences, so doubly wrong.
>>
>>55807555
>Kalos Route 1
If we're bashing places for being a simple connector going from here to there with no real features in between, you can add the Kanto underground paths, and the elevators in many buildings in various regions.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.