[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0866.png (1.23 MB, 1920x1080)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
Booba edition:

>What is Vintage Story?
Medieval block autism

What is a hobby you picked up irl with inspiration from vintage story?
For me it was brewing.

>What’s New?
Not much. Ded hours. A few people went back to og. A few to random servers from the official nigcord. Wigger made an anarchy server that only he plays.

>Do I have to play the listed servers to post here?
No. Singleplayer lads are welcome too, just try and keep it civil and avoid dick-cord talk.
>Servers: NOTE - No servers with discord will be posted in these threads. If you can prove a server listed has a discord I will remove it. If you make a server with no discord I can add it, otherwise, discord posts are off-topic to the thread.

>Server List
>Mazor’s New Sbr
Was the main server for a few months but even head janny dropped off. Still worth a visit. Basically the main vm server for modded but it is pretty dead from burnout. It has some really cool port cities.
>95.217.74.79:42419

>OG
>144.126.153.177:28500
The original server and longest running server in the entire game. Not that popular but got some new players. Still slow. Much less modded and no oceans but it has some old worldgen and a lot of interesting old builds.

>Other servers of note
The MLP server has some vm fags. You can find it on the mlp board’s gaming thread. It is a little alive but has a discord for it.
Wigger made an anarchy server you can find it in the catalog but is is DOA. If it has no discord I will add it next thread but I would be worried of him dataming, being one of the least trusted people on vintage story.

Music for the music mod and stream will come in the second post

>Previous thread
>>1215369
>>
>>1261824
>Music packs of .abc files for instruments mod
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffiles.catbox.moe%2Fk6fnok.rar
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.playstarbound.com%2Fthreads%2Fsbsp-1000-starbound-song-pack.58760%2F

cytu DOT be SLASH r SLASH joyless
Named after the town in OG, Joyless, this is a public music streaming area for /vm/ vintage story players on any server or game. (Replace DOT with . SLASH with / and remove spaces).
>>
>What is a hobby you picked up irl with inspiration from vintage story?

I sealed a jar of beef/potato stew with bacon geese a while ago and it worked great. yesterday I have started on making a sling. (Thanks anon for the detailed post) In the future I think it would be cool to pick up some chisels and start chiseling windmills of friendship into slabs of rock.

Anyway I am on the anarchy server if anyone wants to join. Just hit copper age.
>>
Mazor what is the IP or port or whatever of the box with westtown save on it?
>>
>>1262137
also i only have the old keys not the username/password
>>
>>1261824
Cool thread name bro.
>>
>>1262127
>solo play except wigger will tp to your base and delete it
>>
File: 2024-04-22_15-18-50.png (1.85 MB, 1920x1015)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB PNG
>>1262358
oh no not my little shithole
>>
wigger only griefs trannies
>>
>>1262438
I just don't trust the least trusted community member of the last two years who is 15 years old running a 10 dollar a month server. It's not worth building or playing in. If he has no discord server for it I'm not against his ip being added to the thread even with that said.
>>
File: 2024-04-23_11-49-22.png (2.08 MB, 1920x1032)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB PNG
>>1261824
Does wind blow more consistently at higher elevations? I'm having this issue where I step outside, it's nice and windy, I go fire up the forge so my helve hammer can start pounding out ingots, and then the wind dies when I get through two. it's very frustrating to get all set up for forging only for the wind to disappear.
I'd be willing to set up a forge in the mountains if I could get reliable wind power there.
>>
>>1263361
>Does wind blow more consistently at higher elevations?
It blows with more strength. So kinda.
Like if it is .2 wind on a hill, it might be .8 higher in the atmosphere. If it is .1 it might be .7 up there.
>>
>>1263361
Every 1y above sea level you get a 1% boost to windspeed capped at 50% or something like that don't quote me. point is you should build your windmill approximately 50y higher than the sea.
>>
Yo, whats crackin my homies? It's ya boy tyrone comin atcha with a fresh update for vintage story! we done shook thangs up real nice with this one so listen close. ya heard? first thangs first, we done added some mad new mobs. there be creepers, enderman, and zombie motherfuggas runnin round. you be wantin to watch your back white boi, cause they dont play nice. we also added some dope new biomes, like the lush jungle and the frigid tundra. they the perfect spots to spark a crack pipe if ya feelin adventurous. speaking of which we done added some smokin new features for yall to enjoy. you can now light fires and cook up some real fine cuisine. and if you be finding yo'self hurtin, you can use bandages to patch up your wounds. aint no shame gettin high on your own supply, ya feel me? and last but not least, we done fixed up some nagging bugs and crashes. we be workin hard behind the scenes to make sure vintage story is runnin as smooth as a fresh crack rock.
>>
>>1263613
Are you drunk again?
>>
>>1263613
quality post
>captcha POPK
>>
>mold shattering in water
who asked for this
>>
File: drg.png (2.91 MB, 1920x1015)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB PNG
wigger srbr kinda cozy
>>
File: 2024-04-24_01-02-02.png (282 KB, 711x424)
282 KB
282 KB PNG
>>1263933
>unbothered.
>moisturized.
>happy.
>in my lane.
>focused.
>flourishing.
>>
>>1263933
So the janny spawns lava for his ugly mud base
>>
>>1264052
it's charcoal noob
git gud
>>
>>1262137
Whoops, I didn't look at the new thread. Try default SFTP port, 95.217.74.79.
>>
>>1265834
Thx, will save and upload for viceroy. what is westtown.json.zip though?
>>
>>1266274
It's some random copy of grassless's westtown from I don't know when.
>>
is there a way to pirate this? for mp or so? I am omegapoorfag
>>
>>1267100
or sp*
>>
>>1267100
I played on mazors server couple months ago with a copy i got from the high seas, but dunno if that's changed
>>
I used to hate HOAs but now that I am an upper middle class homeowner I now understand their importance.
>>
File: 662d2af6c1968777099702.gif (3.58 MB, 539x440)
3.58 MB
3.58 MB GIF
giddyup
>>
>>1268885
war elk would be pretty kino not gunna lie
tyrone will find a way to fuck it up though :(
>>
File: zstd.jpg (2 KB, 191x23)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
>>1266393
mazor do you care to explain what the fuck a .zst is? This isn't going to do viceroy any good. How do I recover the save?
>>
How do we make food good again? There are dozens of mushrooms and vegetable and they all count as the same thing, fucking vegetable nutrition (mushrooms are not vegetables btw TYRONE). there are fruits but they all have the same effect. etc. etc. there is no logical reason to have variety in a garden. you could just grow one type of veg, one type of fruit, and one type of grain. and obviously you would choose whichever variety takes longest to rot and provides the most nutrition.
The whole point of food variety for humans is morale, but the Seraph does not give a damn what he eats, since his morale doesn't exist. He's just a robot.
How do we incentivize the player to have food variety, and how do we reward the player who has food variety?
>>
>>1269134
nvm I'm DEEECOOOOOOMPRESSING,
with ZSTD. It's like disease X. But instead it's STD-Z.
>>
>>1268885
Kino.
>>
File: 2024-04-27_15-26-26.png (1.06 MB, 1920x1032)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>
>diaperdom
>>
>>1269399
What am I looking at?
>>
>>1269149
I grow different things to avoid soil depletion.
>>
>>1270796
Soil depletion doesn't matter because its super easy to stockpile food. Honestly Minecraft is more challenging in how much food you need to sustain yourself. In this game you plant a little plot of rye grain and all of sudden you have bread for a year.
Also you can always plow another field and put some dirt-cheap fencing around it.
I need a much stronger incentive to carefully manage a large food variety.
>>
File: bigmap2_lowres.png (1.88 MB, 1955x5532)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB PNG
Here is a download for grassless:
https://mega.nz/folder/9RxGBAKQ#T5ATGEwLnIZji4fsM6a3fw
included is a program to decompress .zst's for windows fags; just open a cmd line in same directory and run:
zstd.exe -d grassless-backup.vcdbs.zst -o /path/to/somewhere/reasonable
I didn't verify the file because I lack the space atm. Let me know if anyone is able to recover it.
Not even sure which version it is.
>>
>>1269149
Different food ingredients can give buffs when turned into a meal, certain combinations can give stronger or more unique buffs to the player like mining, night vision, extra speed, extra defence etc.
Though it might make potion crafting pointless if that ever gets added, and some autists would probably screech that the game is copying Minecraft
>>
>>1270981
Buffs? Fun?

No.
I desire pain and punishment. Just debuff me if I don't have varied meals, please and thank you. How about a -75% movement and gathering debuff if you don't get a varied diet within a week or two
>>
>>1271042
But that's already a thing with the nutrient system, you get killed a lot easier when the bars aren't full
>>
>>1271045
Yeah.
It should be even worse.
You should have to crawl everywhere when you don't eat varied diet.
>>
>>1271094
https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/10343
>>
File: 2023-07-01_00-42-34.png (2.23 MB, 1920x1080)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB PNG
when is that austrian fuck gonna release a new update? The last two have been boring as hell
>>
>>1269149
What the buffs guy said. Some food/herbs acting like potions.
Some food giving bigger buffs.
More particular growing conditions to make localized food types.
>>
>>1268885
Are those saddlebags I see
Will we finally have more movable storage options
>>
wait can you not freehand draw with charcoal anymore? or was that never a thing? I sort of vaguely remember you could do that but I can't seem to do anything other than symbols
>>
>>1271423
drawing won't be worth shit until whatever you draw with doesn't have a random chance of being completely depleted
>>
>>1271423
Same as before.
Shift right click to select the pen.
Hold ctrl and spam rmb around to start drawing.
>>
>>1261824
I'd like to convince my friends to buy this game, is there any hacked dll that allows my friends to connect to me over a upnp hosted game?
>>
>>1271323
this is nice. not too over detailed but still fancy.
>>
>>1271042
If you don't get varied nutrition, your Seraph starts cutting himself, eventually resulting in suicide.
>>
File: 2024-04-27_14-35-48.png (2.62 MB, 1920x1032)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB PNG
>>1271323
nice fucking columns and ceiling you ceiling-and-column-chiseling nigger. REAL nice.
>>
>>1272063
systemic lead poisoning and overdependence on personal car infrastructure as well as shitcord influences cause your seraph to cut his dick off and post on twitter
>>
>>1272063
Add estrogen pills. You need them every 24 hours in game or you start cutting.
This would reflect the reality and diversity of around a third of the vintage story community.
>>
>>1272064
>think about playing vintage story in my free time
>end up doing real life productive hobbies only occasionally playing casual games with friends or single player shit like rimworld
Anyone else like this? I love imagining playing vintage story but it is such a commitment type game that it either consumes my life or is never touched at all.
>>
>>1272346
Vintage Story is a real all of nothing kind of game because if you play it in spurts you don't really experience anything fun, you just end up doing a couple of minor chores before logging off for the day. I got a divorce and when single I played 18 hours of the game straight and had a blast.
>>
>>1272363
Yeah I see that. In spurts I just parkour and do farm chores or mine a chunk of stone.
When I had covid, was single, and lived alone, I played for 2 weeks straight.
When I started with you guys I was a young, single, college guy and was online too much for my own good. Now I am a married, middle class, working man who relaxes on hikes with my wife instead of gaming.
4 years really can change a lot.
>>
>>1272346
Just take up all those activities you'd do in Vintage Story in real life
https://youtube.com/@primitivetechnology9550?si=zZg_B5Ql7T3FG4WT
Become this guy
>>
>>1272561
I already did but I like that in vs I can civ larp
>>
You guys still on 1.19.3 ?
>>
I always run the most current version because i'm not a mod-cuck tied down to his little mods while real chads play with the real game.
>>
>>1273903
holy based. I have never played online or with mods because i heard you can potentially get viruses taht way
>>
>>1273955
Online vs can give you a virus. I trust dove and mazor enough to not give me one (other than aids).
>>
Bros.. ultra high native copper and cassiterite that overlap for several chunks. Though i wish i could find iron
>>
>>1274600
Nice. In a single player world?
I hate prospecting. It helps but I get most my iron by cave hopping.
>>
We can like totally have a Vintage Story LAN party at my house with pizza and mt dew. Huh, what do you mean your mom wouldn't let you? She doesn't let you anything fun? Stranger danger? Wow she honestly sounds like a bitch bro, you're def mature enough to have sleep over, like by far most mature six year old I've ever met 2bh lol. You should sneak over anyways and we just don't tell her lol, it will be our ninja secret.
>>
What are you brewing irl?
>>
>>1274843
Jenkem
>>
>>1274748
Yeah SP. Maybe i should find a really deep lake and look at the walls
>>
>>1274843
Currently, wild apple-rasperry cider that is on the priming phase. I harvested some garlic mustard and have been looking for morels lately.
>>
>>1274985
You can jump into a cave, go to iron depth, and occasionally do a node search propic
>>
>>1274843
explosive diarrhea
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U759F-W-Aw

Bros why can't Tyrone be like this.
>>
File: IMG_1005.jpg (909 KB, 828x722)
909 KB
909 KB JPG
Tis the season
>>
>>1275894
i don't care how delicious that is, it looks terrifying and i wouldn't eat it if it looked like that
>>
>>1276107
It is one of the best foods on earth. You are missing out buddy. Had it with some pasta, butter, and toasted garlic-mustard green puree. I love foraged food sm.
>>
>>1276127
>butter
eat it without butter and tell me if you still love it
butter is like the duct tape of foods, it applies to everything and makes it better.
>>
>>1276129
>oh, you like steak? Well try it eating it raw, see how you like it then
what's your point anon
>>
>>1276129
I used a minuscule amount of butter. As an avid forager, mycology fan, and rural midwesterner, I have eaten hundreds of wild morels prepared in stews, as a seasoning, over a fire in the woods, etc.
For fresh morels, I love them best in a dab of butter, over a skillet, with the smallest pinch of salt, and slow cooked until they crisp up. It still tastes crazy like morel. Fresh morels are like fresh truffles in that their flavour overpowers. Two or three fresh morels is enough for me to disperse the flavour on a pasta dish for me and another. God it was so good. I will hunt after work today. Hopefully I can get another handful this season.
Morels are rare but I forage around 30-40 lbs of mushrooms a year. Mostly hen, chanterelle, lions mane, bolette, chicken/sulphur, and puffball.
>>
>>1276137
ok thats pretty cool. i still think that mushroom looks icky though.
this is why i play VS not live VS.
>>
>>1276141
If you want icky look up stinkhorn. Edible but that is my shroom limit.
>>
File: 2024-05-03_10-47-06.png (836 KB, 1920x1015)
836 KB
836 KB PNG
Forgive me Lord for I have sinned...
>>
>>1276151
basedcuck

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.