[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: autism.jpg (40 KB, 500x375)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
Want to get into mmorpgs for the first time since I was like, 13 (which is 11 years ago, god damn)
Basically, my background is I had only played one MMORPG until it shut down and I haven't really played an mmorpg since then. Hell, I didn't even REALLY get into that game as a kid and especially got bored by fan remakes of it.
Redpill me on some FREE mmorpgs, preferably /vr/ kino, i.e has vga-ish 2D graphics or 3d graphics that look like it was on the n64 or earlier/weaker
>>
Thanks for reminding me about grown men with PFPs of their faces on Discord yelling at me over what Gadget is viable on a full-reconstruction of Toontown (i forgot what if was called but it's the one where they added shitty oceania animals over farmland ones)
>>
>>1255548
You missed out on the golden age of MMORPGs which was around the time you were born. The genre is dead.
>>
File: A. Miral HW ver.jpg (75 KB, 512x346)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>1255548
鋼鉄戦記C21
>mechas
>surprisingly in-deep customization
>pseudo open world a bunch of areas stuck together
>crafting
>can buy cash currency with in-game currency
>basically have the building blocks of what something like Anthem would've required to be good specialization of ARTillery, LaND (melee) units and AIR units with SUPport, if you're good enough you can make a jack of all trades, energy limitations that could be expanded, gear proficiency between MAIN (guns) weapons and SUB (mostly melee) weapons,etc.
>you can farm bosses to craft week-long "skip to boss" passes if you want a specific drop
>you can paint your /m/ and the cost is a rather cheap amount of in-game cash you can actually change the texture of the bot
The bad things are:
>the best server is the japanese one because Cyber$tep is japanese nexon and decided to butcher the english server until it was too late to be rescued
>you need to do missions to unlock planets
>there are multiple aborted arcs so there are no newer planets or story
>the dungeons were extremely simplified
>events are now "do derivative dungeons to grind for an overpowered weapon"
I really hate how C$ just dropped their most lasting IP's because Cosmic Break got enough cash cows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LSrl3qXuYM
>>
>>1255548
Unironically, I have found Minecraft, specifically Pixelmon/cobblemon, stratches that MMO itch. You just have to search for a decent server that isn't P2W or run by literal 12 year olds.
>>
>>1256581
Hey, I loved this game, especially the adventure mode. I really regret getting sidetracked with other games, if I knew it was going to be so temporary I would have focused on it more.
>>
>>1255548
Mabinogi is free, and still going strong. A lot of the p2w and grind (not all) has been taken out over the years too.
>>
city of heroes is something special.
>>
>>1259224
seconding city of heroes. private servers have the leaked source code of the game so it's the full thing instead of half broken private server jank for some games.
>>
>>1259235
Most private servers are a leaked build so the programmers have the key to a set amount of functions instead of having the blueprint of how everything goes
>>
>>1259961
>most
>can think of like 3
>out of dozens
>>
>>1259964
>Mabinogi Except Auranogi, which seems to be an emulation, therefore an attempt to reverse engineer Mabi
>Rusty Hearts
>WoW
>MU
>Gunbound
>S4League
>Rakion
>Dragon Nest
And those are the ones I can instantly recall
>>
>>1258090
Cyber$tep was so sloppy that they not only packed the source code on the client installation, but also had easily available websites with all their documentation, sadly people only realized when they were just cleaning that place up and were already replacing their old installations for cleaner ones
>>
>Anarchy Online
>City of Heroes
Anarchy Online is in an odd state. Game is on maintenance mode and rife with dupers and cheaters. Multiboxing is fairly common and content that used to be filled with players is like to see more than a handful an hour.
Despite that I still go back every once in a while, never really played a game with twinking like that.
>>
>>1261842
it really is a shame how funcom simply stopped trying to fight the duping problem, and now they absolutely don't care about multiboxes. they openly flaunt it too, you'll go to an area and see like 8 identical MPs standing in a row. however i DO appreciate the industrious person who set up the buff bots in OA, that must have required a decent bit of scripting.

its also a shame that there are like a thousand different weapons in AO and only about 5% are actually useful.
>>
>>1255548
Thanks for reminding me that Toontown Rewritten is ran by a bunch of sjw pedophiles.
>>
>>1276927
what do they do besides the faggoty pronoun option

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.