[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

you now remember rift mmo
>>
>>1246976
The only game to ever make the atheists look kinda cool.
The Faceless Man, or whatever his name was, was cool as fuck. Cool voice, dope ass armor, and all the good side dudes looked kinda lame in comparison.
>>
>>1246976
The pinnacle of tab-target hotkey MMO. I desperately miss vanilla and Storm Legion, its first expansion.
>>
>>1247435
>>1247435
wuts the difference now??
>>
>>1247606
No one plays anymore and it's been gutted to be solo whale friendly
>>
>>1247606
Trion's poor decision-making skills. The game being arguably p2w, or at least offering gear for real money. During vanilla RIFT, each class had its own dedicated dev who met with its related community on a weekly basis. Trion being retarded. A new company now owning the game.
>>
It was fun for the first week then it became groupfinder instanced dungeon/arena slop with dead open world
>>
THE WOW KILLER
>>
>>1247653
So every MMO these days, solo RPG experiences with a cash shop constantly tempting you to whale
>>
>one faction starts in the past and sends You to the future at the end of the tutorial
>other faction begins in the future and sends You to the past at the end of the tutorial
fuckin rad
>>
>>1249849
>Oh wait; it's just WoW again.
>>
File: qNTG4Kz.jpg (41 KB, 547x519)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
this game sux i bought a razer naga for the cape and the code didnt work
>>
>>1246976
I really liked the classes in this game, think I was like 22 when it came out.
>>
File: 1712857049425928.jpg (172 KB, 1908x1252)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
Dude, me and my buddy played this game on release, both of us were Bhami chads. We once scaled the mountain behind meridian city using the racial jump, ALL the way to the fucking top of that shit while playing "your love keeps lifting me higher" by jackie wilson. I still laugh to this day about that shit. Our friends told us there was no way, but we did it.
>>
>>1246976
Used to work in their customer support center as a gm.(kitchener ontario, we handled the "hard cases" the poos always fucked up). Was balls, but came with a free subscription and we were expected to play at work (obviously prioritizing customers, but just keeping an eye on known trolls n shiet for communirty enhancement).

I actually found it fun, but ultimately, it was just WoW clone with some quirks. Too similar, not enough innovation to peel off all the wowautists.
Id love to see it come back and do everything wow should have but good luck with that.
>>
>>1246976
loved the classes there
especially dominator aka the most annoying shit in pvp
>find cleric
>mana drain and cc him for the entire match
>>
I played a Chloromancer. I remember very little about the game, I mostly remember people getting mad at eachother in Ventrilo for using their kicks for damage (interrupts were damaging abilities).
I came back to it a couple of years later and it had become pay2win garbage? Lootboxes and everything? And despite it now being free-to-play, I got nothing for my $60 collectors edition that I had bought in with.

8/10 the group content was great
>>
I liked it, shame it's apparently impossible to make a private server for.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.