[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: refunds.png (33 KB, 772x197)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/airlines-give-automatic-refunds-canceled-flights-delayed-3/story?id=109573733
New airline rules in america

>Good news for airline travelers: the Department of Transportation on Wednesday announced it is rolling out new rules that will require airlines to automatically give cash refunds to passengers for canceled and significantly delayed flights.
>Airlines can now decide how long a delay must be before a refund is issued -- however, these new rules define "significant" delay standards that trigger refunds. The delays covered would be more than three hours for domestic flights and more than six hours for international flights, the agency said.
>This includes tickets purchased directly from airlines, travel agents and third-party sites such as Expedia and Travelocity.

>The DOT rules lay out that passengers will be "entitled to a refund if their flight is canceled or significantly changed, and they do not accept alternative transportation or travel credits offered."
>DOT will also require airlines to give cash refunds if your bags are lost and not delivered within 12 hours.
>>
>Southwest fares go up 60% overnight
>>
>>2650004
Had this in Europe for a long time. They will always blame weather or the airport and fight at every stage to prevent compensation. Then if you do win it, they ignore demands to pay up.

Lots of reports of people having to send baliffs round to get their money (then a few finding they only have a virtual office with no assets to seize)
>>
>>2650011
When you fly with Ryanair, Easyjet, or another lowcost company, maybe, because they are scum.
However it happened to me a few times with Air France/KLM and the process was always smooth. Got my night and two meals paid for, plus 250€ by passenger three days later.
>>
>>2650011
In such cases you just take it to a lawyer company that specializes in these. You give them your case, and they do everything for you. It costs nothing for you if they lose, if they win they get a cut of the compensation claim.
>>
>>2650011
I would just dispute the charge on my credit card.
>>
>>2650004
All this means is prices will increase to offset their losses. yay
>>
>>2650011
>>Had this in Europe for a long time.
Not only do we have this in Europe for a long time, airlines also have to pay you compensation between on top of the refund. Between 250 and 600€ depending on the distance of your flight.
>>
>>2651270
If I'm not wrong, I think it's even better than that as it doesn't have to be an European company but any flight that is related to the EU (departure, arrival, transit).
>>
>>2651236
I bought a ticket for $1400 in January that is now $2300 two months from trip day

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.