[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20230712_104218.jpg (105 KB, 785x963)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
I've been sent to Korea for a month for work and even in my off time I haven't been able to enjoy this country at all...

The nature is very nice, the gardens especially, but why is there litter absolute everywhere?
I could be walking through a trellis of the most beautiful Wisteria and find a pile of coffee cups at the bottom.
There's litter on the street, garbage bags dumped in front of buildings... It's disgusting.

The food is just... Not good.
Anything "savory" is salted to hell and covered in sauces to the point you can't taste it
Anything meant to be slightly sweet is stuffed to the brim with sugar and cream.

Convenience stores in Asian countries tend to be a little joy for me but even here it's just not as good as Japan or Singapore. No bottled cheap tea in ANY of them, snacks suck, items are just thrown about into the fridge racks...

I've got tomorrow off so I'm going on a short walk on a trail. The nature right now is really the best thing here.
>>
If you can't find good food in Korea you're a fucking waste
>>
>>2648887
Korean food isn’t even that good tho.
>>
>>2648876
>The food is just... Not good.
>Anything "savory" is salted to hell and covered in sauces to the point you can't taste it
Anything meant to be slightly sweet is stuffed to the brim with sugar and cream.
have you tried cooking and/or not just eating supermarket noodles and cheap fast food?
the audacity to say korean food is bad and expect people to take you seriously
>>
Where exactly in 'Korea' are you?
>There's litter on the street, garbage bags dumped in front of buildings... It's disgusting.
stop staying in the poor places please don't tell me you got asked to work in SEOUL and tried to minmax your allowance and stayed in some shithole like guri-si
>>
>>2648876
Fuck you. The Korean kpop qts would more than make up for any of this. Go fuck yourself
>>
>>2648905
>the audacity to say korean food is bad

Some people don't like spicy tho
>>
>>2648887
>>2648905
It's not specifically the Korean cuisine, but rather the quality of the food and services overall.
Cafès, barfood, restaurants, and chain just aren't up to par.
>>2648907
No not Seoul. One of the smaller cities. There's quite a bit more nature, gardens, and trees here
People just seem to litter a lot. It's genuinely everywhere from the public parks and trails to the malls..
>>2649055
There's no kpop qts here. I doubt anyone here exists between the ages 18-40.
>>
>When you just want an egg sandwich from a convenience store but they only have the egg, sweetcorn, strawberry jam, cabbage, topped off with 2 layers of sugar sandwich available
Weird as fuck country and I agree the food is not great at all. Their obnoxiousness about everything is the worst I have ever seen
>>2649064
the spicy chicken was the best food i had there. everything else was mostly just nonsense
>>2649117
it's all designed to get instagram photos and not actually enjoy anything about it
>>
>>2649117
>no kpop qts “here.” Soooooo why are you there?
>>
>>2649122
Literally the first line of the OP bro read
>>
As someone who's been to Korea a few times
>Cafès, barfood, restaurants, and chain just aren't up to par.
What do you mean by this? That's a pretty big generalization here.
>No not Seoul. One of the smaller cities. There's quite a bit more nature, gardens, and trees here
This doesn't narrow anything down, not sure of many companies who will send you specifically to a small town for work only a month that isn't butted near a main city.
>There's no kpop qts here. I doubt anyone here exists between the ages 18-40.
Who might want to at least mention what town you're in, this is exceedingly rare outside some fishing villages I can 100% guarantee there is no reason a company would move someone to for a month
>>
>>2649117
>There's no kpop qts here.
Literally no reason to go then.
>>
>>2648876
I don't really know how to respond because my experience of Korea is pretty much the exact opposite of this post.

I guess the shithole you're in just sucks so bad?
>>
>>2648876
South Korea outside of the major cities is kind of a shithole desu.
Safer than America sure but it has a distinctly third world vibe.
Also all the young people go to Seoul so you only see old people and children in the towns.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.