[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_5411.jpg (160 KB, 1500x990)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
Have you ever been to another country? Where was it and how was it?
>>
>>2648226
>Have you ever been to another country?
Yes.
>Where was it
Abroad.
>and how was it?
Foreign.
>>
>>2648226
Travel is a waste of money
>>
been to england with my family as a highschooler
was fun I suppose but I do want to get more of a culture shock when traveling, planning on going to vietnam with a uni friend at the end of the year
>>
>>2648266
forgot I don't have any friends
also I'm trans btw
canceling my vietnam plans as we speak
>>
There was a blog post here someone deleted out of shame I hope, I was about to light you up faggot
>>
>>2648226
>>2648226 (OP)
Yes.

>Where was it and how was it?

>Canada
Very boring but beautiful nature. Cities are smaller than what is on the map. Not much to do. Québec City was the only highlight. Best to go in fall.

>Mexico
Food was bleh but had a crazy time in Cancún. Beautiful nature and real freedom.

>Italy
Food was disappointing. Got my phone snatched by a guy on a scooter. They have no concept of queues and you had to be aggressive to get anything done. However, it is very accessible and full of things to do so I still liked it. I'm just used to my American creature comforts.

>Russia
Depressing as you would expect. Got spit on by gopniks and robbed by kids while riding the Trans-Siberian Railroad. The history was cool though.

>China
Hellhole. Couldn't see 5 feet past me due to the smog. Constantly surrounded by merchants selling me cheap trinkets. Pressured into buying a Chairman Mao watch which fell apart as soon as it was handed to me. They were obsessed with communism like it was a cult. That was the only part I found interesting but I had this overwhelming feeling of everything being fake and cheap. Was crowded and stressful. Women kept grabbing my curly blonde hair. Food made me gag. Nothing like the Chinese food back home. This was early 2010s so maybe it's different now.

>Iceland
Comfy. I drank out of the stream of a glacier. Everywhere was some kind of waterfall. The landscape was crazy. The grass covered houses were vibrant and cozy. The people were so nice and beautiful.

>South Africa
Loved it. Was surreal seeing a wild giraffe eating from a tree like it was just an ordinary deer. The locals were happy and friendly even though they lived in slums. The sunset was big and orange like in the start of Lion King. I didn't know that actually happens in real life. Got harassed at a local market by merchants who wanted me to buy their stuff but unlike China these were quality trinkets for souvenirs
>>
>>2648312

Had some typos sorry. Not ashamed though but sorry you feel that way about yourself. Also I am a literal faggot btw, so now what? Are you gonna call me a faggot again? Because you're right, I am a faggot. I'm glad I'm a faggot and not an incel.
>>
>>2648315
I kneel, fagbro. I was unfamiliar with your power.
>>
>>2648317

As you should. Sorry that your depression prevents you from enjoying the things you used to love and sorry you have to lash out on a random person an anonymous travel forum. Get help and stop being pathetic.
>>
>>2648328
SLAY, QUEEN
>>
>>2648226
no dude that's not possible
i mean there are oceans and things
you would literally have to swim thousands of miles to do that
or fly. you would literally have to fly like a bird
it's just not actually possible
>>
>>2648332

Perioddd sis

>>2648333
Alcoholism is destroying your life. Nice trips though so see as it God's sign to go to rehab.
>>
>>2648347
Did you go to church today? I did.
>>
>>2648351

No because I don't need to adhere to some retarded cult rules in order to believe that God exists. Anyone above a room temperature IQ knows that God exists.
>>
>>2648385
That's fine, but that's how I choose to serve Him and I don't appreciate you making a joke out of it.
>>
>>2648449
>>
>>2648449
>>2648454
>>
I don't travel. I just come here to shitpost about countries I don't like.
>>
fucking mentaloids in this fucking thread. fucks sake
>>
>>2648449
??? based faggot? now ive seen it all
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 259x194)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>2648226
There used to be a guy who posted on here that said he'd been to one, but I didn't believe him.
>>
>>2648226
>have you ever been to another country?
ya
>Where was it and how was it?
its a mixed bag
>USA
Varied by city. I personally really enjoyed NYC, Chicago, Boston, L.A., Gulf Coast of Mississippi and some pockets of the Florida coastline. Was not a fan of New Orleans, Las Vegas, West Virginia, Virginia, D.C.
>UK
Never had a bad experience but holy fuck can it get expensive. West Coast of Scotland is definitely a highlight for me.
>France
Paris is overpriced to hell and back, but not as bad as /pol/ would make you think. Amazing nightlife and bar scene. The South is great for comfy views, weather, more laid back shit, topless beaches.
>Italy
The weirdest mix of SOUL and gross degeneracy I've ever seen. Amazingly upkept architecture yet some cities had loud annoying nafris everywhere. Countryside was insanely chill and underrated.
>Switzerland
France costs x100 but with better natural sights and outdoors shit.
>>
>>2648258
how is it true when my travel budget is less than the cost of an apartment rental most anywhere in the USA?
chances are you're the kind of person dumb enough to sign a lease and then decide you want to see the world
>>
I traveled extensively throughout my 20s and grudgingly came to the realization my home country of America is by far the best country on earth. Always romanticized everywhere else, but no other countries can hold a candle to the USA sadly. I still travel for weekend getaways or 5-7 day trips abroad, won’t do month long stays anymore cuz I just want to get home after a week
>>
>>2649354
Did foreign countries when I was younger, and then in my later twenties and thirties started to travel almost exclusively inside the USA. You take it for granted when you grow up here, but the country has so much shit to see. Beautiful beaches, mountains, well maintained and not-litter-filled national parks, historic cities, etc. I suppose the only thing you really can't find here are Asian metropolises with their awesome malls, but there really is so much to see in the USA.

Overseas is fine, but I always tell young people with wonder lust to not sleep on their own country.
>>
>>2649219
Sounds like you've wasted a lot of money and are poor because you're renting
>>
>>2648313
>Italy
That's what you get for visiting Naples.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.