[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: download.jpg (454 KB, 1486x991)
454 KB
454 KB JPG
I'm currently in NOLA, Louisiana during the French Quarter Fest because it was on my way back from the eclipse. Here's what I've done so far
>architecture tour
>cemetery tour
>food tour
>Garden district
>WW2 museum
Food
>poboys
>crawfish
>oysters
>pralines
>muffaletta
>gumbo
>jambalaya
>red beans & rice
What am I missing? I'm still looking for a good place for sazerac and absinthe
>>
>>2644839
Congrats - that's really about it. Been 3/4 times; it's chill enough when you go outside of the busy times (Mardi Gras, Voodoo Fest, etc.), but really it's the best the first couple of times. Overall, you've hit all the culinary points - in my opinion, New Orleans food sucks anyway. But Willie Mae's is awesome, however it is temporarily closed because of a fire, so you're out of luck there. Honestly, by the end of the trip I just end up haning out a Harrah's and gambling.
>>
I did NOLA recently - if you have time, hit Frenchman at night, Royal + maybe Tulane's campus, which is very beautiful. Definitely hit City Park if the weather is nice, it's amazing and well worth the drive or bicycle. A ferry ride to Algiers is pretty cool too, try to hit an actual voodoo shop too, there's some good ones outside of the Quarter. Wanted to do the wwii museum but ran out of time, not sure if it's worth it.

I was underwhelmed with the food too and found prices even at "cheap" places to be ridiculous. Anything outside of bourbon + a shrimp poboy is my rec. I was underwhelmed with the rest of the good.
>>
Go to the Cafe Fleur de lis and try the grits.
Utter decadence lol

The water front is cool

The Sazerac museum gives you free historic cocktails.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.