[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is this accurate?
>>
What's even the logic behind what gets included and what doesn't?
It'd make sense if this was just a list of popular resorts but then you have shit like Tokyo and Delhi. I'm 100% sure there's plenty of places cheaper than Hoi An if you just start picking normal cities.
And what's the price benchmark?
>>
>>2644205
No, not at all
>hoi an
>64.51 per day
On what fucking planet? You could get a hostel room for ten bucks and eat for 10 bucks a day (including drinks)
But yes, if you waste money and aren't interested in cutting costs, yes, it is somewhat accurate.
>>
>>2644217
Considering the list has "Algarve" which is a region about the size of the country of Trinidad, it's probably bullshit or averages so rough they're pretty much useless.
>>
>>2644205
>tokyo on the list
>tokyo cheaper than delhi
GOOD MORNING SIRS
>>
Food is cheap in Tokyo, but even a hostel or capsule hotel is $50/night. A mediocre hotel is $200/night. Seems like clickbait.
>>
>>2644205
>source: forbes
>list of cities mixed with districts and beaches
It's just some half assed clickbait with some truth in it, but mostly useless.
>>
>>2644205
pretty sure Zimbabwe, Kyrgystan and Nicaragua would be cheaper
>>
>>2644205
>forbes
what are forbes contributors and readers doing?
>>
>>2644234
Wasn't true for me. Capsule was $20/night and APA Sugamo was $80/night and it blew my mind. You can't even get fleabags here in Florida for $80/night. Granted, sure, the APA room was for 1-2 people max and not huge but it was very luxurious. Not to mention the very good location. This was last year.

What they don't tell you in tourist blogs or whatever is capsule hotels are full of chinese and other foreigners. But outside of the clientele I enjoyed it.
>>
>>2644205
No
Forbes doesn't have a fucking clue what the real cost of living as a visitor in these cities is
>>2644292
>you can't even get fleabags here in Florida for $80/night
tell that to the anon who was bragging about his $20/night airbnb in Overton district of Miami
>>
>>2644292
Capsul/hostel I stayed in Shinjuku had a mostly western crowd with some people from India
>>
>>2644205
not at all
>>
>>2644292
Sugamo Deez nuts lmao
>>
Completely retarded list and prices.
>>
>>2644205
its wrong on Algarve and Costa del Sol at the very least
hotels alone are more than that
>>
>>2644205
I never understood why people get annoyed by tourist or feel like some countries get 'invaded' by tourist until I went to Ubud in Bali. For such a small town in the middle of the rainforest, there were so many fucking white people (and I'm white). So many people that you couldn't even walk on the sidewalk. Or find a place to eat. Or drive. And because it's cheap, you get the worst tourists (AKA bums and idiots) mixed in. I would never go back.
>>
Cape Town isn't close to being the cheapest city in Africa so how is it #2 in the world?
>>
>>2645585
good question dylan
>>
Sunny beach is ass
t. Bulgar
>>
>>2646982
What are the coolest spots in bulgaria?
>>
File: 1709139541394930.png (1.65 MB, 1280x720)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB PNG
>>2647407
A bit too broad, but here's what I can do for you:

>gommunism-related travel
The Lyulin and Levski G districts in the capital are a sight to behold if you're into dystopian commie-blocks.
The buzludzha peak flying saucer is a good meme. Pic rel.
>BG culture and heritage
Koprivshtiza, Plovdiv Old town, Veliko Tarnovo, Etar museum, Pliska, Madara, Shiroka Luka and Tryavna
>nature
non-urbanite beacahes, Bansko/Razlog/Dobrinishte/Pamporovo skiing, litany of trails

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.