[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: scandi.jpg (331 KB, 2560x1808)
331 KB
331 KB JPG
My buddy and I are planning a 1.5 week holiday to visit Oslo, Stockholm, Copenhagen, and Reykjavik this summer, thinking about spending 3 days in the first two, 2 days in Copenhagen, and then an afternoon and overnight in Reykjavik. We're both interested in history and cool museums. I'm suggesting that we stay in hostels, since they're cheap and pretty friendly from my experience in the Benelux. Any recommendations for places to go, stay, or eat at?
>Oslo
Viking Ship Museum, Akershus Fortress, Frognerseteren, Kon-tiki and Fram Museums
>Stockholm
Djurgarden + Museums, all the stuff in Gamla Stan, the Hornstulls Strand
>Copenhavn
Rosenborg Castle, Kastellet, Christiansborg Slot, Stroget Street
>Reykjavik
Viking Settlement Exhibit, and the downtown walking area, not enough time for a driving tour

On that topic, which language has the most cognates across the group?
>>
>>2643541
> going to the Nordics
> spending no time at all in the outdoors
> spending more time in airports than anything else

are you retarded

Norwegian, Danish and Swedish are more of a dialect continuum than separate languages. Norwegian probably edges it as it has had more influence on Icelandic (which is very different) but it’s marginal
>>
>>2643553
We were thinking about taking the trains between, they didn't look that long
>>
I wouldnt recommend going anywhere near sweden its such a miserable shithole.
>>
1.5 weeks for all of that is a cluster fuck and the only way to do it properly would be to spend assloads of money on the already assload you are spending to visit those places
>>
>>2643553
English would be fine for him the problem is just going to be the dogshit waste of time just getting around.

For reference OP you're essentially asking "Hey is 1.5 weeks enough for me to go see NYC, DC, Miami, take a bite and see cowboys in texas, then go to LA and check out the grand canyon+vegas?".

Sure you *can* do it but you're going to have to really schedule your time down to the wire on a few things and pay extra for premium flight times to properly see it all.
>>
10 days lol, not enough time for all that shit. cut off Iceland and take a look at seeing some nature on the mainland instead. Big cities are the same everywhere
>>
>>2643881
Right, we've cut off Iceland; we saw some flights had 13 hour layovers and thought it'd be fun, but it doesn't look like it'd be worth the effort
>>
I haven't been to Oslo or Reykjavik, you're cutting off Iceland anyway now so I guess that doesn't matter, but while Copenhagen and Stockholm are alright (back in 2016 anyway) I'm not sure why you'd go to Scandinavia and not go for the nature, the cities are the worst parts about those countries
>>
>>2643541
Dude. Tick off lots of countries in one go! Radical. 3 days in a huge country spend 2 at the airport. Cowabunge
Faggot
>>
>>2643541
>going to Norway
>just staying in Oslo
Don't even bother.
>>
>>2643553
>Norwegian probably edges it
The largest outlier of the three is Danish by far.
>>
>>2643541
I almost spit my coffee out when I read Hornstulls strand. Do not go there unless it's a really nice day and you want to go for a swim nearby.

I literally live on that street and it's nothing to see or visit. Some shitty food trucks and a few tables of garbage being sold. Insanely underwhelming if you've ever been to any type of market anywhere in the world.

Take a stroll around and in Södermalm though. It's nice in the summer. Långholmen is pretty. Rent a kayak there and see the city from the water. Pass by the market if you want but do not make it your destination.
>>
>>2643541
You shouldn't stay in the big cities
Use the extensive public transport and get a hotel near nature somwhere
>>
>>2645006
Also if it's 1.5 weeks you should focus on one country instead of all of them, unless you're planning on being somewhere close to the borders.
Choose a specific region, for example Western Northern, then create a route of hotels and places to visit instead of jumping from city-to-city that way
>>
just do norway and iceland. get the fuck out of the cities what the fuck are you doing
>>
>>2643541
>>2644994
>the Hornstulls Strand
yep, same. it's comfy definitely but something to go on a if you're a local and are bored on a weekend day. or if you're staying longer than a couple of days.
>eating
i'm happy to help if you want to be more specific? local? cheap/expensive?
>museums
if you still want to visit some there's Stockholm City museum near Slussen and the Nobel Prize museum in Gamla Stan. The city museum is relatively small but good if you're interesting more of the history of Stockholm and its inhabitants through the years. I haven't been to the Nobel prize museum.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.