[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is it underrated or actually just boring?
>>
>>2643168
I'm curious as well, I have a decent amount of family back there and would like to spend a month or so faffing about in the balkans and surrounding areas
>>
>>2643168
>>2643168
Depends on what you want to do. If you go expecting Ljubljana to be a secret undiscovered Budapest you're in for disappointment.
>>
>>2643171
Nobody in Slovenia wants to be reminded of or associated with Balkans.
>>
Everyone I've ever met who went there fucking loved it. I want to do it next year in the fall and hit Lake Bled for some hiking
>>
>>2643168
As far as nature goes it's pretty underrated. The cave systems are amazing and the rural villages are nice. As far as the cities go it's pretty alright.
>>
>>2643168
Just boring.
As expensive as Switzerland but without the beautiful Alps to justify the expense.
>>
>>2643168
Rightful Austrian clay.
>>
>>2643168
It's unironically just Austria but the language is different.
t. Austrian
>>
>>2643690
what does that mean? Liederhosen and yodelling, but in Slovenian?
>>
>>2643694
Same living standard but without the africans and other brownoids
>>
>>2643790
So... a higher living standard.
>>
>>2643581
What?
>>
>>2643260
>Everyone I've ever met who went there fucking loved it.
I didn't love it, but I was only in Ljublana for a few days and it was freezing cold at the time
>>
File: 1697160433295157.jpg (2.78 MB, 5312x2988)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB JPG
Lakes and rivers are great, mountains are very nice, cities are nice and diversity-free.
>boat down the Soča river in summer
>ski in Maribor in winter
>capital in summer
It's not cheap by CE/EE standards, but not Switzerland-tier either. Definitely underrated. Would I go back? More likely than no. I'd skip Slovakia for it, no doubt.
>>2643836
yup
>>
>>2643168
cheaper than switzerland or austria for alpine style holidays. Other balkan people make fun of them, calling them gay sissies. Idk why.
>>
File: 20230515_152240.jpg (4.07 MB, 4000x2252)
4.07 MB
4.07 MB JPG
>>2643168
I went there last year and absolutely loved it. Here's a small breakdown of every place I visited but take note that I visited during springtime:
>Ljubljana
Charming small city with great locals. Great place to eat pizza for some reason. Underrated part of town is by the river Gradascica where plenty of restaurants are lined up.
>Postojna & Predjama
Postojna is unironically the most touristy place in Slovenia imo but well worth it. The train ride and exploring the cave system was really kino. Predjama is boring in the inside unless you're into history stuff.
>Bled
Definitely don't recommend it as a day trip. Stay here for a few nights as a base for exploring the nearby mountains. Jog around the lake. Hike to one of the viewpoints of Lake Bled to appreciate the scenery. Not filled with tourists surprisingly. The town kinda feels empty.
The highlight of my trip was definitely picrel. I hiked to one of the nearby mountains from Bled and saw an endless field of daffodils. Just pure bliss, no people around. Just nature in its full beauty.
So yeah, visit it before it becomes the next big hotpots for cancerous travel vloggers. Think of it as Switzerland but no gondolas or trains to get to those scenic viewpoints, which keeps the leisure tourists at bay.
>>
>>2647145
How are the women?
>>
>>2643168
It's calm, peaceful but definitely not boring

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.