[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: philippines-map.jpg (305 KB, 1200x1677)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
Discuss everything related to Philippines travel here
>>
>>2638215
Is Bacolod nice or a dump?
>>
Had anyone done a tour of Bohol/panglao?
>>
>>2638261
I don't think the Philippines is necessarily filled with them. You can't even come here if you have sex crime charges back home. You will be denied entry and turned away at the airport. The creeps that do get through probably feel more comfortable here because it's easier to get a long term visa as a tourist. You can stay here for years instead of months like Thailand. But once caught these disgusting fucks will be blacklisted by immigration and never allowed to come here again.
>>
By the way I think the press release section of immigration.gov.ph should be required reading for all expats in the Philippines at least once in awhile. In addition to the pedos getting sent back home you can read about the Chinese and Koreans doing shady shit and other losers. It's a good reminder to always behave while you are here. Their visa policies are very generous and lenient towards us. That doesn't mean that you couldn't be put on the big immigration bus and put in immigration jail at any time though. While I'm sure it's better than real flip jail you don't want to go to either of them so stay on your best behavior.
>>
>>2638261
I think that reputation is really going away now. In Thailand you can do a lot of activities that aren't sex related. I've been there four times for 6 months in total and aside from two go go shows (as I was curious) I didn't do any cooming.
Philippines on the other hand... Wtf is there to do except cooming and beaches? Whole country is a grade A shithole.
>>
>>2638275
What else do you really want to do on a tropical island? I don't really buy that there's that much more to do in Thailand. You can't even talk to the people. You're forever stuck in tourist traps unless you learn the language. Reading Thailand general threads has taught me that even if you learn to speak Thai they couldn't give a single fuck about what a farang has to say to them anyway. Is it really more or less of a "shithole" outside of your gay farang tourist traps? Somehow I don't believe it. It's just cope for basic bitch faggots like you who want to be herded around like the cattle you are.
>>
I am really glad the Philippines has yet to be ruined by creating a tourist infrastructure designed exclusively to accommodate foreigners with prices that reflect their higher purchasing power. Every time someone complains about this, sometimes without even knowing this is what their big bitch with the Philippines is, I'm happy. I want to be the only white person around. I want to pay the prices the locals pay. I want to go through miles and miles of lush undeveloped tropical scenery to get where I'm going. I don't want to share a space with you.
>>
>>2638285
I know!

The intense development of Thailand has increased my meal's pricing from $1 to $1.25

It's intolerable. Nightmare-fuel.
>>
>>2638291
As if food had anything to do with it. How much do you pay for a roof over your head? You do live there full time right? Surely they love and trust farangs enough to let them stay more than 3 months at a time.
>>
>>2638294
See >>2638267

I could literally work 1 year in the US then retire.
>>
>>2638295
I could have a 1 bedroom apartment in Angeles that's nicer than your shitty hotel for around $125 per month. That's not to mention everything else but that's going to stay a secret. The Philippines should be gatekept. You fags already ruined Thailand and still think it's so wonderful. No need to try too hard to convince you otherwise.
>>
>>2638296
>I could have a 1 bedroom apartment in Angeles that's nicer than your shitty hotel
nah, you couldn't.

4 star hotel, free water, room service, studio setup w/balcony, laundry, all utilities+wifi.

what's with 4channers arguing about everything? learn to kneel, dog
>>
>>2638313
Here's the thing anon, you're retarded enough to think a discounted rate you got on an app is going to allow you to "retire". If you could stretch it out for months, you know long enough to fit in the maximum allowed time on your Thai tourist visa, it could make for a kickass vacation. But yesterday's price is not today's price. I don't expect you to be able to get a $2 per day hotel room every day for years just using agoda vouchers. Deals expire etc. You do have a backup plan, right anon? Hell even the visa is a hurdle to clear there. But Thailand is wonderful they love you they don't see you as an easily replaceable paypig Thailand numbah one in SEA.
>>
File: 12195.gif (933 KB, 200x154)
933 KB
933 KB GIF
>>2638316
>you're retarded enough to think a discounted rate
please find the sentence where I indicated this because I cannot find it.
>"retire"
You think elite visas are the only path? You aren't on my level.
>I don't expect you to be able to get a $2 per day hotel
And the dreadful alternative is $150-$200 mo. apartments. It's unbearable
>they love you they don't see you as an easily replaceable paypig
and here it is, the cope
>>
I've been playing with the idea of retiring early to SEA, I'm not sure if I should keep saving for a few more years, or if I could get away with it now.
I'm 43 and have over 300k in savings in an IRA that yields 8-10% annually on average.
I don't drink or party, but I would spend money on dating and some local traveling I'm sure.
>>
>>2638323
Either way you're still living with all the other farangs getting their sloppy seconds. You live in a nation where all the locals hate you and even the girls aren't too bothered about you until it comes time to negotiate a price.
>>
File: 777718221989.gif (170 KB, 1024x544)
170 KB
170 KB GIF
>>2638325
that's great.

>death to America
>>
>>2638324
You can probably get away with it now but perhaps you should do some more research first. Narrow down a few areas you think you might want to live and look at condo prices. Take a trip to see if you feel like you actually fit in these places. Actually owning your own place (which you can do when it comes to condos but not other kinds of properties) will greatly reduce your monthly expenses.
>>
>>2638327
Yeah I've been researching for a while now, but more is always helpful. I should just go bum around SEA for a few months and see how I like it I guess.
Cheap CoL, dating younger women, and warm tropical weather does sound like it has potential.
Thanks for the feedback and advice.
>>
>>2638324
>I'm 43 and have over 300k in savings in an IRA that yields 8-10% annually on average
I'm the same age as you and getting ready to retire. Got $500k in crypto. You should do what I do. Not gonna try and convince you though. Look into things.
>>
>>2638355
Oh well more pale skinned fatties for him I guess
>>
>>2638355
>>2638356
SEAsian sexpats are among the worst human beings on earth.
>>
>>2638359
I'm not a sexpat. Never paid for sex in my life. I'm just a normal guy who moved here to enjoy cheap cost of living, petite brown skinned gfs, and sunshine. The worst human beings on earth actually pajeets. Sexpats are pretty cringe but at least they don't litter and shit all over the place.
>>
>>2638324
don't listen to gatekeepers and roasties
retiring in SEA is easy, especially if you don't stay 100% of your time in a single country. why you would want that anyway? if you have time and money then there a lot of things to explore and experience

those who complain about visa rules are illegal english teachers or other scumbags
>>
>>2638363
Staying nearly 100% of your time in the Philippines is trivial though. Tourist visa can be extended up to 3 years. After your 3 years are up you can fly out to some other country and fly back in then get another 3 years from there. It's a lot less strict here than other places and can get even easier than that if you're on another kind of visa. I'm on a marriage visa now and never need to leave. I just check into immigration once a year and I'm good.
>>
>>2638364
Thinking about retiring or semi-retiring in PH. I can work remotely, 2mbps is enough. Is it possible or will the Internet go down and fuck everything up?
Also, what are the expats like? I spent a couple of weeks on Negros and the expats were grumpy, introverted and looked like they were made of foreskin
>>
>>2638367
The internet has improved greatly since I first came here in 2011. I remember using 1mbit 3G trying to download torrents on it. Now there's fiber internet everywhere and at the lowest tier that costs somewhere near 1000 pesos per month you're going to get 100-300mbit. Friends of mine that do critical work have 2 or more connections from different ISPs in case one goes down. If reliability is more important to you than speed just getting the cheapest package from 2 ISPs should be good enough.
>>
>>2638367
Expats I met here are usually old as balls and kinda assholeish. More rarely nicer ones will try to strike up a conversation with me because they aren't used to seeing other foreigners around and I'll engage even though I am quite introverted. I'm in my 30s and first came here when I was in my 20s. It's exceedingly rare to see someone younger than me still to this day.
>>
>>2638368
What about mobile data? Does that always work alright?
>>2638373
>Expats I met here are usually old as balls and kinda assholeish
That was precisely my impression. Wtf is up with that? Divorce raped, unhealthy and bitter?
>>
>>2638382
Mobile data depends entirely on the area you are in. My experience has varied wildly. From having 5 bars of coverage but shitty unusable internet to having 1 bar and being able to use it just fine. In some areas Smart is the best, in other areas Globe is the best, and in some they both fuckin suck and you're going to suffer. Your best bet is having a dual sim phone with both a Smart and Globe sim. If you're moving around and need data you can register to data promos on both networks. When one stops being useful you switch to the other. If you're staying in a remote area long term where there's barely any signal and no fiber you can acquire a modem and an antenna for mobile internet. I was in that situation for years until we got fiber here.

I think a lot of the expats are just creepy slimy dudes who have always been losers. They come here to finish off their life in a place that won't entirely accept them but won't turn them away either. I guess there's always Filipinas desperate enough.
>>
>>2638277
Having been an expat, the expats I meet who are loudest about how learning the local language is a waste of time are those who speak it the worst or can barely speak it at all. I was living in Thailand and every fucking day I would encounter someone who couldn't speak shit for english. Was annoying as fuck. Learning Thai would definitely make living there bearable to me but I really don't want to as I dislike the entire country, people and culture. What's odd is that I have no idea why I hate it so much but like Vietnam so much. Both are quite similar. With Vietnam I actually try learning the language and enjoy the people.
I think Thai culture is slightly more similar to Indian culture while Vietnam is closer to China and I subconsciously find anything close to India as being dirty and gross.
>>
>>2638449
I can speak serviceable taglish but I'm not fluent in tagalog. I don't make any effort to let people know this unless they ask me, other than when I am speaking with my wife. The average Filipino speaks English well enough that it's not a big deal if you know tagalog besides a few words you will want to learn to get around here. Example saying bayad po to pay a jeepney driver or saying para po to ask him to stop. I haven't been to Thailand but the way people describe it makes me not want to. People here are helpful, friendly, and English speaking. A lot of people who come to these threads seem to be suspicious of Filipinos or outright hate them. I don't feel that way at all and my experiences have been great most of the time. But I don't know this board and this website is full of people who seem to have negative outlooks on damn near anything. People here would find something to bitch about if they were in a five star luxury hotel in a first world country.
>>
>>2638453
>I haven't been to Thailand but the way people describe it makes me not want to
kek don't believe shills and gatekeepers here
Thailand still offers amazing value when it comes to price, service, infrastructure, etc.
people are polite, friendly and clean
cost of food + lodging in Bangkok will be probably lower than in Manila if you want some kind of quality
>>
>>2638458
It's not that anon it's the people. Thais don't give a fuck if you live or die. Having married a Filipina I can't imagine I'd have as good of an experience with a Thai bitch that barely speaks English. Then there's the visa situation where a tourist can't stay there for more than 6 months. I lived here for 10ish years mostly on a tourist visa. How is Thailand better in that respect? The immigration officials there just see us as a nuisance while here we're their pet cash cow.
>>
>>2638460
I was talking about visiting it, not living there for 10 years as a tourist (why would you want to do it??)
if you are planning to marry a local then learning basics of each other languages isn't an issue unless both of you are retarded, and marriage will take care of visa issues
>>
>>2638462
Living in SEA and escaping the drudgery of their lives is what so many people on this board aspire to. I've already done that. In the Philippines as long as you can pay you can stay. I did the tourist visa renewals every 2 months for so many years and even kept doing them after I got married. I was too lazy to get the paperwork done for a marriage visa at first but did it in the end to avoid needing to do a visa run.
>>
>>2638453
>I haven't been to Thailand but the way people describe it makes me not want to.
nah Thailand is the shit

stop falling for FUDposting by literal feds.
>>
>>2638225
The entire Philippines is a dump.
>>
>>2638492
I don't care about the FUD posts because those mostly involve sex tourism. The posts by the anon in the Thailand general who went outside of the cities and spoke to the locals in Thai were really enlightening. Seems like a shit place to be a real traveler. It's just happy fun land for farangs who want to spend all their time around other farangs and whores. Not even slightly interested.
>>
>>2638495
It's not. But we gatekeep here so the nice parts are off limits to you. As they should be since you should kill yourself instead of traveling.
>>
>>2638497
the starving kids in the slums of manila really respect you

ill burden myself with taking the abuse from the thai for you dont worry
>>
>>2638522
I haven't been to Manila in a very long time. Do you think that's the only place that exists here? Yes? Good.
>>
>>2638524
>not muh hecking secret cluberino of angeles and cebu
>>
>>2638526
Yeah those are the only places I know anon and those are the only places you can visit as a foreigner. Just stay in Thailand retard. There's a Thailand general you could be posting in right now instead.
>>
Fuck trying to convince someone who has no interest in coming here to change their mind. I am not trying to reverse psych them either. I really don't want them to come here. It's better without them. I'll take the time to write out all kinds of info for anyone with genuine interest but none for others.
>>
>>2638527
>implying I'm not right
>>
>>2638533
Think whatever you want anon just stay where you belong.
>>
>>2638529
I love you anon
>>
I will be in Manila next week. Anyone want to hang out?
>>
>>2638652
I'll be in manila only in may sorry
>>
>>2638462
Based, that's my dream.
How do you make an income there?
I'm not in IT so can't do any remote work
>>
>>2638731
I'm doing IT work which is how I'm able to work remote. Seems like that's the main type of remote work but maybe if you look around you can find something else.
>>
>>2638458
>Thailand
>clean
>infrastructure
As compared to where? India? Sure.
>>
>>2638750
Just to be fair I need to say that the infrastructure of the Philippines fucking sucks and Thailand's is probably better. But I kinda like that about the Philippines. It keeps the unspoiled places unspoiled. Also just because Metro Manila is filthy doesn't mean that the entirety of the Philippines is grime and filth. If you're coming to Luzon it's probably going to be where you enter through but if you have any sense of adventure you'll also get on a bus and get the fuck out of there shortly after. You could spend your entire trip here in Manila ordering grab and foodpanda in a hotel or airbnb condo avoiding going outside because it's dirty and noisy. That seems to be the experience of a lot of people who come to this thread. Or you could go someplace quiet, beautiful, and clean. It's up to you.
>>
>>2638351
What do you do exactly?
>>
>>2638756
>Or you could go someplace quiet, beautiful, and clean.
Like Tagaytay. Wind Residences is the best.
>>
>I scammed a cheap hotel room on agoda a couple of times
>that means this is the actual cost of living
Holy brainlet
>>
>>2638780
Looks pretty nice, also looks like there isn't much to do in that town at all.
>>
>>2638791
There's a bit of exploring to do there and you can visit the volcano. Would make for a nice day trip out of Manila.
>>
Filipinos apparently believe that you're trapped in a hospital like it's a prison until you pay your bill in full.

I've asked a few about this now, but they weren't able to explain the mechanism by which individuals were restrained, because they aren't.

The doors aren't locked. Security isn't allowed to touch anyone. Nobody is stopping them from leaving.

They were just told by a nurse or somebody "in charge" they aren't allowed to leave until they pay, so they just stay in the unlocked cage begging their family to rescue them.

It's the strangest damned thing I've witnessed here.
>>
>>2638750
compared to all of SEA except Malaysia/Singapore
Vietnam is more than 20 years behind Thailand, Cambodia is even worse
>>
>>2638652
>Anyone want to hang out?
If you're staying in the Makati area, sure why not.
>>
>>2638768
Tour guide. My own business. But it's not lucrative and absolutely drains my energy. I am not born to please boomers. This was my semi retire life and it was a mistake
>>
>>2638813
They are honestly on par. Thailand seriously needs to do something about all the fucking rats everywhere. When I was in China I seldom saw them but I did notice the government laid traps to control the population. Why can't Thailand ever get their shit together?
>>
>>2638863
They must not be fond of cats there then? I've seen a few rats in the Philippines but the only ones I've seen near my house since getting cats were dead ones.
>>
>>2638869
Plenty of cats but all the locals feed them so the cats don't do shit and just laze around.
>>
>>2638871
My cats get fed too but they still feel like being little murder machines. They like killing geckos and birds too. They don't bother eating them they just play with them.
>>
>>2638863
all SEA countries are "on par"??? wtf are you smoking, have you been in Bangkok during last decade?
>>
>>2638285
Agree. I was there for two years and feeling I was the only whitey around feels excellent. Except in MOA and intramuros, I felt like that every time. It's amazing.
>>
>>2638756
a little dirty, noisy, overpopulated, cheap fast food and safe it's my greatest joy of staying in Manila.
I'd just take the mrt to do the loop from edsa to ortigas, eat somewhere and return just for fun.
I love Asia, man.
>>
>>2639206
Ortigas is where I stayed last time I was in Manila. It's pretty nice there even if there isn't much to do.
>>
>>2638750
anon bangkok is dubai compared to manilla
>>
>>2639354
Bangkok has slums too anon. If you have the least bit of common sense you won't see them in either Manila or Bangkok.
>>
>>2639362
How old and good looking are you? Are these city girls or province girls?
>>
>>2639403
I don't think most anons here would be able to figure out how to meet them.
>>
>>2639411
It's no more work than getting on a bus or asking them to get on a bus.
>>
>>2639362

Good answer!
>>
>>2639462
Rural areas in the Philippines aren't slum like so I already know you don't know what you're talking about. There are cities in the provinces. You're not going to go to some rural place to meet girls even if that's where they are coming from. What would you even do there if you did? They aren't all stupid and I would let them know what my intentions were. I didn't even bother if it didn't seem like they understood.
>>
>>2639469
I'm white and I've lived here for 9 years now, this will be the 10th. There's no larp to it. I've been roaming around this place long before PUA retards came up with the geomaxx concept. I've seen so many buses, jeepneys, uv express vans, and tricycles. I've been to so many places where I'm the only white person around which is always preferred. It's not that hard to figure out anon. Even if there is a bunch of rural nothing in a province usually they have 1 or 2 cities that have SM malls or something like that. Both people who live in that city and people who live in the surrounding rural areas will go there. Buses will go through there or to there. If you meet someone online from up that way you can arrange for them to meet you in that kind of city. They can probably take some kind of transportation to get there. But this is too advanced for most coomer retards who stick to the same few oversaturated areas.
>>
File: 20240402_080723.jpg (62 KB, 720x915)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
Am I imagining this. Or did the whore at the baggage check in counter get disgusted when I told her that my destination as a solo man was Manila. I am not good with faces. Is this a common reaction among women working at the airport. Or ia it just me imagining it?
>>
>>2639532
I've never had any airport staff care myself but both times I came here I flew into CRK so maybe they've never heard of it.
>>
>>2639532
What's this?
>>
>>2639532
>tfw this was probably me
The biggest embarrassment I have from my visit was waking over completely hungover, $400 lighter after an encounter with two club employees.
>>
>>2639354
If you take the Ratchaburi train out of Thonburi station, you will see some of Bangkok's shanty towns, crowded together on swampy land next to the tracks. The difference is only 5% of Bangkok is slum, while 50% of Manila is.
>>
>>2638799
You can dine and dash too. You aren't shackled to your table until you pay the bill, but everyone still pays. It's inexplicable.
PH without its culture of respect for law, institutions and property would be Africa tier.
>>
>>2639958
50%? Where did you pull that figure from, your ass? Thaiboos are all fucking retards.
>>
>>2639608
saggy wrinkly boomer skin
I actually saw this IRL in Angeles, seems many foreigners prefer to play it safe by limiting the amount of cash in their wallet...but then they can't cover their bill when it's time to pay for the happy ending massage or bar bill. So they are accompanied to an ATM by sneering little whores who try to deduce the PIN, kek.
>>
>>2639963
>You can dine and dash too.
Nah every restaurant in the PH these days has a CCTV camera. Do that and you'll be famous on Facebook and local media overnight.
>>
Finally, no more pesky stopovers. When will United or Delta follow through?
>>
I don't think anybody who says something like that has even been to that many different parts of Metro Manila, let alone a squatter area. Just because a lot of Manila is dirty doesn't mean it's all slum like conditions. All of the squatter areas I went to were small cramped places that were difficult to reach. You would need to take multiple forms of transport to get there. You wouldn't even know they exist unless someone took you to them.
>>
>>2639964
>t-that's not a slum!!
>that's just a normal street in Manila!
exactly
I was being generous in assuming that only 50% of Manila is a slum
>>
>>2639972
And hospitals don't?
>>
>>2639975
It's a third world country anon.
>but in muh Thailand
I am sure you could cherry pick the dirty parts of there as well. They're still stinky thirdies after all.
>>
What is the local rock/music show and comedy show scene like in Manilla? Anyone know?
What other scenes are cool that are going on there?
>>
>>2639981
>cherry pick
Nawp, that was a random pin drop near a neighborhood I stayed in north Manila, and it happened to show a shanty house built up against a proper concrete home, as well as what appears to be shanties blocking half the street and turning it into an alley. Hell, there's even a ladder to the front "door" of the first shanty...if there is even a door behind that privacy curtain, kek.
Ratchaburi is the only smaller city I've been to in Thailand where I saw a few makeshift shanty houses built of recycled materials in plain sight next to a busy road...but in the Philippines, they are everywhere you look. So much so that you simply stop noticing them.
>>
>>2639989
Oh no anon not thirdies doing thirdie things in their dirty thirdy city. Surely that can't be the reason most of the anons who live in the metro who post in this thread are living in Makati or BGC. I've never been a big time Manila defender and even wrote a post in this very thread advising that the first thing you should think about once you get there is how you're going to gtfo. There's no such blight where I live even though you seem to think it's everywhere but whatever.
>>
>>2638237
Yes, did the standard Tarsier, Forest, mini zoo, river cruise, etc tour, and also did a custom tour with waterfalls. loved both.
>>
>>2639986
>What is the local rock/music show and comedy show scene like in Manilla?
Something like this?
https://www.youtube.com/@manilaconcerts/videos
>>
>>2640028
>https://www.youtube.com/@manilaconcerts/videos
I was thinking more small local club or house show type scene, but thank you. That YT seems like more normie pop stuff then cool underground stuff.
>>
>>2639973
Best bet still seems to be to hit Cali then fly over
>>
I am currently in Manila. Is it safe to keep your valuables with the hotel reception? I heard that airport security staff steal. Why not the hotel staff too?
>>
>>2640283
Yes it’s fine. You can also use your room’s safe.
>>
It's hot as fuck. That's all there is to say about life in the Philippines today.
>>
>>2640480
Welcome to the summer season. By June, you’ll be missing this heat.
>>
>>2640546
I don't think I will be missing it much at all. I could go to a resort to swim or something to make better use of this time but all I feel like doing is laying around with my air conditioner running.
>>
>>2639963
That's not the situation described at all, you stupid fuck. You must be hovering around 75iq if you can conflate hospital imprisonment and dine and dashing.
>>
File: images.jpg (109 KB, 678x452)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
What is that cadaver/pee smell that comes from food here in the Philippines?

It is usually from oil? The smell sticks on you, skin, clothes and even fruit that you buy. It makes me sick. I wanted to try all the steet food. But that smell... I feel like throwing up.

Do you smell ot too or am i imagining it?
>>
>>2640631
I don't smell anything like that. Maybe you bought from some really funky stalls.
>>
>>2640631
The stall you were buying from was probably near a sewer or a canal which gives off the pee smell.
>>
>>2640631
Flips cook entrails and organs next to normal meat and it puts off a nasty scent. The scrunched up looking things are pig intestines (still have a little bit of shit inside, which flips love).
>>
Also vinegar is a primary condiment, marinade, seasoning for a ton of filipino dishes. They slather vinegar on everything and even dump it in soup broth. You might have been smelling over use of vinegar depending on the type of food stall.

Vinegar is popular because it masks to taste of offal and spoiling food. Filipino food stalls usually recycle their meat for a few days and will spritz vinegar on day old 2 day old meats to mask the off scent.

Filipinos are sort of like street dogs in that they can consume and digest rotting meat and spoiled foods and gain sustenance from it.
>>
>>2639832
at least you had a threesome
>>
>>2639973
United flies SFO MNL daily on a 777-300.
>>
>>2640990
How can I, a Western tourist, avoid eating spoiled food in the Philippines?
>>
>>2641266
cook your own food
>>
>>2639973
I am an east coaster and I exclusively fly through Saudia out of Dulles. $1400 round trip. Downside? Shitty lounges in the lay over.
>>
>>2640990
The vinegar part is true. Flips love vinegar on everything. It's gross, I much prefer the limes that Mexicans and Thais use.
Food turnover is high enough in PH that food rarely has a chance to go bad. There's a lot of hungry mouths in the country. Eateries will cook up set dishes in the morning, serve them all day, then the family eats the leftovers.
>>2641266
I did not encounter spoiled food during my month of eating cheap food there, though I did chow down on plenty of low-grade gristle, shitty "gravy", and cold greasy slop. Indigestion was an issue, it often limited my food consumption for sure. But I never got sick or had any lower bowel problems.
>>
File: 20240405_161137.jpg (151 KB, 813x960)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
Good morning sirs
>>
>>2641351
Am I the only one here who eats at fast food everyday? Mang Inasal, Yellow Cab, McDonalds and Burger King are dirt cheap.
>>
>>2641351
Whatever leftovers the family doesn't eat go to the dogs and cats. You're lucky you didn't get the shits. I've been here for years now and I still get hit with it once in a while.

>>2641384
Only when I'm staying in a city. A long argument I had with a poster in another thread made me think about this a bit. I need to branch out more and start going to high quality Filipino restaurants when I'm traveling. The slop is familiar and comforting but I think I should try something else for a change.
>>
Got McDonald's today. Ordered everything using the touchscreen kiosk but couldn't find an option to make my fried chicken spicy. I figured I would just be able to have the cashier fix it, and that worked out because he just voided the regular fried chicken and replaced it with the spicy one. After that he noticed my wife's order for a chicken sandwich wasn't available so he decided instead of voiding it that it would be easier to just cancel the entire order and do it over again. So I ended up having to explain to him that I ordered a large drink with medium fries. When it was all said and done in addition to the time spent at the kiosk it took twice as long dealing with the cashier as it would have if I just walked up to him and gave him my order the old fashioned way. People love to gloat about how all the wagies are going to be replaced by technology but everything goes to shit in the process. The whole time I was there the single cashier had a long line backed all the way up to the kiosks. This shit barely works and they want to talk about robots. If McDonald's in the US can't keep a damn shake machine working how the hell are they going to manage robots? If it breaks down your whole store is just offline? Oh well at least it's still cheap to eat this crap here.
>>
This country sucks. Wow. No wonder it fails to become like Thailand. Despite people knowing English and all of that. This country simply sucks too much.

I saw a YouTuber who is an expat in Thailand saying how he became depressed when visiting the Philippines. I thought that he was being a pussy, or that he was a drama queen. But nah, this country is depressing.

No wonder they want to leave so badly. Even if it means being raped and treated like a Slave in some Arab country.
>>
>>2641489
Be more specific, what sucks so bad about it? You're really going to come to a third world country and piss and moan about it nonstop instead of figuring out how to adapt to your surroundings? It's always Thailand this Thailand that too. Get over it and stop being a pussy. I have a lot of complaints about the Philippines that are totally valid but I still like living here. I could probably fill up half a page with bitching about the things I deal with. But I live in a third world country and spend very little to do so. I take the good with the bad.
>>
>>2641435
Holy fuck you wrote that whole whine. Are you a miserable 57yo divorced fat man with diabetes and varicose veins?
>>
>>2641595
Lol no I just like bitching about fast food. It's a shittier experience than it used to be. I went to another McDonald's in a mall like a week before where they don't have kiosks. It was fully slammed with customers so even though all the registers were staffed it was moving slow anyway. You just can't win with this shit. Other than that I could write paragraphs ranting about the heat, inflation, the retards running this country, how shit just breaks down randomly like your electric or internet not working, but I still love the Philippines anyway.
>>
>>2641491
not him but i still haven't found a place cockroach-free in ph
>>
>>2641604
Never seen cockroaches in hotels or airbnb condos. I've stayed in a lot of them too. Maybe you're slumming it?
>>
>>2641607
in airbnb condos they come out in the middle of the night. I even tried some airbnb that were 100$/night
>>
>>2641612
I never saw any and the places I stayed were never more than $50. You must have horrible luck. Either that or the standards went way down after covid. I don't have a way to pay airbnb so I haven't stayed in them since before covid. But I've stayed in hotels and condos anyway with not a single ipis sighted.
>>
>>2641607
You must be half blind without your glasses, kek
I killed at least one bug in every room I stayed in PH
>>
>>2641617
I am reading this thread without glasses so obviously not. Even when I stay in a total dump like sogo it's the same story, walang ipis. The only ones I've ever seen were a couple of the tiny ones but those barely count. I'm not even bothered unless it's the big brown fuckers.
>>
>>2641619
the big brown ones are in the slums yes. I refuse to go to my girl's place or her parent's place because of those. But in airbnbs I always find the small ones and yes they count.
>>
>>2641622
If you see lots of them they would count but I can only remember one occasion where I saw one or two in the bathroom of some hotel. The big ones are everywhere really but they will come in the typical Filipino household looking for food and water. It's best to smash the fuckers with the bottom of a flip flop then sweep them away. Not leaving food scraps and shit laying around is a good idea too. My ex girlfriend's family failed at that.
>>
>>2641384
the only fast food I tried was Chowking and it sucked. It was like 130 pesos for a drumstick, rice, pigskins and some other crap, bleh flavor and overpriced AF. Of course, you have foreigners here thinking 110 pesos for a meal is a OMG SO CHEAP, but I've spent enough time in Southeast Asia to know what my two bucks is worth.
>>2641396
>high quality Filipino restaurants
I'd recommend hitting the SM City, the eateries there seem higher quality. Clean, air-conditioned, classy. Otherwise a lot of fancy restaurants in touristy areas are just nice-looking places with comfy seats who serve overpriced crap dishes.
>>2641489
It's only depressing if you're non-social. If you don't like flips, you will feel miserable in the streets, and everyone will act weird around you, which will only make you feel more miserable. Whereas Thailand is super comfy for non-social foreigners who just want to do their solo thing. And let's be honest weedbros, if you FUCKING LOVE Thailand but find the Philippines miserable and dystopic, we all know what you're missing.
>>2641603
I never experienced a power outage while in Luzon, nor do I recall problems with Internet access. Phone data would get as slow as constipation sometimes, but hotel WiFi was always passable. I stayed at a lot of RedDoorz properties, booking directly from their site with the Diamond Club VIP discount and all that.
>>
>>2641624
i usually see 1 small in the kitchen when i go grab water at 2 am, when i open the light they run away
>>
>>2641629
Internet service here has greatly improved since I first came here. I have fond memories of downloading torrents all day on hacked 1mbit 3g using USB dongles. I wasn't trying to deal with the data caps. Now that we're in the age of fast fiber internet everywhere it's mostly reliable but at random times it will just break and be offline for a whole day or something like that. My ISP is Converge and I like that they have a Twitter account where they post updates about outages. At least they let you know they know their shit is broken and you don't need to call them about it. The electricity issues on the other hand are also very random but there's less transparency. It could be off for a few minutes or a full day. It could be off and on over the course of a few minutes. You could go months without an outage then start having them every day. It's just the type of bullshit we put up with living in the Philippines. I do live on Luzon btw.
>>
I have been in Manila for a while. I want to go to Angeles City now. I know that I should go by Taxi, but I got burned from getting scammed when I took one from the airport.

How do I do this? Is metered taxis safe? Do they tinker with the meters making you pay more? Any advice?
>>
>>2641888
Just take a bus there. The ride will only take an hour to an hour and a half. Taxis are all scammers, use the grab app to get a ride where you need to go. Probably a bus terminal if you want to save a lot of money.
>>
>>2641889

The Bus things are confucing.

Say I am at Ninoy Aquino International Airport. What bus company am I to take, and were am I supposed to book and pay for a ride to Angeles City?

I tried googling it but you don't really get an answer.
>>
>>2641897
Nearest terminals should be in Pasay. First one I thought of is Victory Liner. So you could use the grab app to get a ride to the Victory Liner terminal and take a bus that says it's going to Dau. That's the terminal just outside Angeles. Once you get there you can either take a tricycle or a grab car to get to your hotel or wherever you are trying to go. The usual spot I use to get grab cars to pick me up there is the Jollibee near the front entrance of the terminal.
>>
>>2641897
Also forgot to say you just get on the bus and once it's in motion the conductor will go up the aisle collecting payments from the passengers. He will ask what stop you're getting off at and you just say Dau, it's pronounced like da-ooh.
>>
File: pic.png (261 KB, 497x742)
261 KB
261 KB PNG
>>2641901
>>2641902

Thank you! I tried googling it and got "Dau" but how are you supposed to know that it was Angeles City?

So you don't actually need to book anything in advance only show up? What if the Bus is crowded?

Also, is this map correct. This is were you go to the bus, right?
>>
>>2641906

Also, which one(s) are Angeles City?? I only see one with Dau?
>>
>>2641906
Yeah Dau is in Mabalacat City not Angeles City but it's right near the border of the two cities. If you're taking the bus it's your entry point into Angeles. I never experienced the bus being crowded. Actually the opposite usually where it wasn't full of passengers and they were waiting for more. Either way you shouldn't need to wait more than an hour at the terminal to leave. The map should be correct yeah.
>>
File: Which one.png (401 KB, 733x713)
401 KB
401 KB PNG
>>2641908
>>2641906

>Also, which one(s) are Angeles City?? I only see one with Dau?

Pic
>>
>>2641911
I think Baguio, Dagupan, and of course Olongapo will be going to Dau. Maybe others too. Usually they will say it on a sign in the front window of the bus but if not you can ask. Dau is what you want if you're going to Angeles.
>>
>>2641912

So to summarize, no need to book in advance and you pay the driver right away. If it doesn't say it in the window you simply ask the driver.

Thanks.

I hate it here in Manila.
>>
>>2641917
Yeah as far as I know that's correct. You can ask whoever is in the ticketing window at the terminal (if there is anyone or it even exists) to be sure. Usually they just directed me to pay on the bus.
>>
>>2641919

Found this map. Damn. Dau Bus Stopover is Angeles I assume. No way of knowing that before I asked it here.
>>
>>2641930
Yeah I can see how it could be slightly confusing since Dau isn't actually in Angeles. But if you look at it on Google maps you can see it's right near the most relevant part of Angeles, all the hotels in Balibago, walking street, SM Clark, etc. I actually prefer the Five Star bus line which would take you to MarQuee Mall instead which is actually in Angeles and has a much nicer terminal but it's a far less convenient location to arrive at. Your grab ride to your hotel would take longer and probably involve sitting in traffic.
>>
>>2641935
I’m not the person you were helping, but you are the man for sticking with him and helping him figure all that out.
>>
Any good travel vlogs from ph? Not interested in drone shot intro npc bullshit.
>>
>>2641906
Dude do you have down's sindrome or something? It's not the most complicated thing in the world.
Pitx- Angeles. That's it. If you can't read the signs or the tv's there, or ask the drivers. Then go fuck yourself retard burger
>>
>>2642167
walking guy ph dot net is fine.
>>
Why are filipino men so effeminate?
>>
>>2642281
Eh they aren't really like that in the provinces. I bet this new generation glued to their phones instead of toiling in the sun will be though. I'm not really one to talk because I spent damn near entire years of my life glued to computer screens. I can't compare to some macho flip dude who spends all day in the field and all night getting drunk.
>>
>>2642281
Survival strategy of the filipino race is soft colonization through servility. Filipinos are gene-selected to be as beta and non-threatening as possible, in order to survive.
Filipinas breed with whatever is on hand, so there is no selection pressure for typically "alpha" traits. Being physically present is all that is required, and so all genetic pressure leans towards 'community harmony'.
Community disruptors are socially ostracized and cast out of the barangay, thereby losing access to pussy.
>>
I don't blame the guy for being confused about the bus situation. Like almost everything else in PH it's a chaotic mess with no rules and nonsensical designations.

If it wasn't an emergent property from nobody giving a shit, one might assume it was deliberately designed to enrage and confuse.
>>
>>2642417
Flips seem to somehow just know these things. Like it's common knowledge for anyone from a specific area. If they didn't know they could ask each other and get an answer. For example I know how to get to the nearest bus stops from my house but not even that map the anon posted would make that clear. If you're white and didn't know some flip at your destination you could message and ask your best bet would be to ask the bus conductor but he's still only going to be able to help you get to the actual bus stops. If you need to go further you're on your own. The good thing about all of this is it keeps things cheap and not overrun with tourists outside of the most obvious areas.
>>
File: bus.png (67 KB, 1303x375)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
>>2641935

Thanks again. I will be going tomorrow. I bought the ticket today. Got a copy to show the driver and a personal one. All in all 207 PHP.

It was a bit awkward, I do not know if I should be worried. It was 4 tellers, 3 of them women. I thought I got lucky getting the one dude. I said Angeles City as a destination, he said there wasn't one. So I said Dau, he said yes to that. Why didn't he recommend Dau?

He said that the earliest departure was 2 AM. The next earliest 1 PM. Should I be worried? What if he dislike "sexpats" and will send me to the wrong destination?

I am being paranoid, right?
>>
>>2642445
You will know when you are in Dau because it's the very first stop when the bus gets off NLEX. Lots of people will be getting off the bus to piss and buy snacks for like a 10-15 minute break. Pic related isn't your route right? Because that's going to San Fernando. You could get to Angeles from San Fernando pretty easy because they have a jeepney that takes you to Dau at SM Pampanga but going straight to Dau is much more preferable obviously.
>>
>>2641901
Good advice, though if you don't have a local phone plan, you will be reliant on the airport WiFi to connect to your driver.
>>2641908
It's a common practice in multiple Asian cities for bus companies to have the name of the terminal as the destination, not the name of the city. You can find buses to Cubao, or buses to Sampaloc, but good luck finding a bus to Manila. Same with Kuala Lumpur...you'll hafta buy a ticket to TBS.
>>2641912
Partas skips Dau, I believe.
>>2642410
There is quite simply no room or tolerance for young men to be macho aggressive and push other people around to show their dominance. Also, urban filipinos have poor muscle tone because they are lazy as fuck, and few of them have enough gumption to work a real man's job. That's why the place remains a barely developed shithole. Most of the decent buildings in Metro Manila are built by the Chinese.
>>2642427
Filipinos speak English and are usually willing to help a foreigner. No reason to trip out over not knowing every little thing beforehand. Just don't ask the luggage touts at Dau for anything, or let them get their grubby hands on your bag...they expect a tip for every little thing.
>>
>>2642453
Yeah if he isn't set up for local phone data he should just get a tricycle at Dau to take him where he's going. A grab car is nicer and more comfortable but also involves a little bit of standing around in the sun waiting too. Both are around the same price.
>>
>>2642452
>Pic related isn't your route right?

I hope not. I just don't like the idea that he said that the Bus to Dau only comes 1 pm or 2 am. As if he didn't like "sexpats" and wanted to fuck with me. I am just paranoid I hope.
>>
>>2642491
As long as he actually gave you a ticket to Dau you're probably fine. It's unlikely they would fuck with you because the bus lines have complaint numbers posted up in the buses for you to report shit like that if it ever happens. You can see their hotline numbers on their website here too: https://www.victoryliner.com/TerminalGuide.aspx

I think in all likelihood you're going to arrive at Dau without issue and you'll just need to worry about how you're going to get where you're going from there.
>>
>>2642445
I am going to Angeles tomorrow too but I'd much rather be going to Iba, Zambales.
>>
>>2640546
June is not summer? I'm going there then and was worried I was gonna melt.
>>
>>2642698
>Using temperature and rainfall as bases, the climate of the country can be divided into two major seasons: (1) the rainy season, from June to November; and (2) the dry season, from December to May.
It might not be best to be here in the rainy season as a tourist. Depends on your luck really.
>>
File: 20240409_092540.jpg (1.36 MB, 4032x1816)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
>>2642493

I think I know how I fucked up. I thought that all 4 of the lines were the same. Only one is advanced booking ehich I did. This is the reason I have waited here for hours and will wait for hours more... I could just have gone to the two "actual booking" boots.
>>
>>2642806
Yeah most of the buses have hourly schedules so the other lines are probably to book them on first come first serve basis.
>>
File: IMG_20240409_111045.jpg (3.12 MB, 1836x4080)
3.12 MB
3.12 MB JPG
Another typical Philippines bus experience. Glad I remembered to bring my headphones.
>>
File: 20240409_120057.jpg (1.54 MB, 4032x1816)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB JPG
>>2642842

I am finally on the Bus. I left my suircase on the spot. I don't see it any longer. I hope it is the luggage space. I went to get water and didn't glimpse it... I am too paranoid, I know... but I am abroad and alone in a country that I don't know.

>>2642844
Not me btw. Or I hope not. Maybe my mind is fucked up? You aren't me right? Please tell me I'm not going insane.
>>
>>2642861
I am not you, I am arriving at Dau already. The conductor probably loaded your luggage under the bus and it should be there when you get to Dau.
>>
>>2642862

Okay. So I am not going insane. Thanks. Being in this country feels surreal sometimes. Like if you are on an acid trip.
>>
>>2642863
Once you've made one successful trip it will all seem much easier. I've done this so many times I barely need to think about it.
>>
File: IMG_20240409_121449.jpg (3.19 MB, 4080x1836)
3.19 MB
3.19 MB JPG
>>2642863
When you see this you will know you are in the right place.
>>
File: IMG_20240409_122132.jpg (1.99 MB, 1836x4080)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB JPG
This Jollibee right next to the front entrance of the terminal is the best place to get a grab
>>
>>2642865
>Tell them you want "pag pag"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhwufI_lNRo
Be a hero. Eat pag pag like this guy.
>>
>>2642844
>>2642861
If you're both white, be careful of horny Filipinos touching your crotch area when you're asleep. Happened to me once.
>>
How much cash would you need for ~10 days? I don't think credit cards are much use where I'm going. I'm just a regular guy, not gonna be buying expensive jewelry or sex slaves, mostly food, maybe some clothes/souvenirs.
Is 20k pesos too much?
>>
>>2642908
Sounds about right to me. You might want to bring a little bit more. You might end up spending less than that. Cash is king here. Most chain places you can now pay with gcash as well as credit cards but I wouldn't recommend that for a tourist.
>>
>>2642913
Alright cool. Forgot to say this is petty cash, hotel is separate.
>>
>>2642883
Closest I ever got to that was when I was entering SM Clark once some girl shoved her hand down my pocket real fast as she was exiting. Thankfully I didn't have anything in there.
>>
Bro you just left your suitcase outside? You're supposed to load it yourself dummy.

Hope you didn't have anything to expensive in there. You really need to get over your anxiety and nervous stupidity.
>>
>>2642927
You don't load it yourself. I actually had a bus conductor get mad at me because he thought I was trying to do that even though I wasn't. You put it next to the door for the conductor to load it into the bus for you. If you just left it there it will probably get loaded but if you're unsure you can hang around and wait for him to get there so you're sure he loaded it.
>>
I hope that anon got his luggage and made it where he was going just fine. There hasn't been any updates from him.
>>
>>2643233
that shit is gone or someone has stolen some shit from it
>>
>>2643325
I've never had someone steal shit from my luggage when doing bus trips. I always worried about someone trying to grab my luggage when we're at a bus stop before my destination but it never happens.
>>
>>2643444

I am also a remote worker. I was tired from working all day.
>>
>>2643426
LOL. How much autism do you have anon? Even more than me methinks.
Well you're braver than me anyway.
>>
File: IMG_20240411_122019.jpg (2.29 MB, 4080x1836)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB JPG
>>2643522
Angeles isn't that much of a shit hole bro. I can think of worse places you could be. It's just boring if you came to the Philippines for beaches instead of bitches.
>>
>>2643426
please be fake.
>>
Security guard at my hotel said the heat index is 43. It is hot as FUCK today.
>>
>>2643426
Amazing. Well done for trying anon
>>
File: Rum and soft drinks.png (2.41 MB, 2016x908)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB PNG
I was this Anon.

>>2643426

I will get drunk on Rum and soft drinks. I will be as fun and outgoing despite not having been drunk for close to two decades. I don't give a shit anymore. I will be the center of the party.
>>
>>2643798
That's a lot of liquor, don't tell me you're going to drink all of that yourself anon?
>>
>>2643798
You're gonna embarrass yourself again bro stop
>>
File: Puke.png (1.55 MB, 2016x908)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB PNG
>>2643812
>>2643821

I puked. Too much alcohol too quickly? It's better to just take some beers.

I better leave my phone in my safe too.
>>
>>2643798
>>2643822
>absolute gold
Anon. You need to make a brutally honest youtube travel channel. Will subscribe and turn on notifications
>>
>>2643830
agreed
>>
>>2643830
Please do this. I want to know what you look and sound like so much.
>>
>>2643855
You would probably have much better luck in a bar.
>>
>>2643856

I am at a place? Not sure what it is. But I am drunk now.
>>
>>2643852
Olongapo
Dumaguete
>>
>>2643426
>>2643798
>>2643822
>>2643855
Why are you like this?
>>
Should I try to go rescue this retard? I live in Angeles.
>>
>>2643880
Perhaps. I think he could use a wingman.
>>
>I'm going to get drunk so people like me more
>btw I haven't drank in almost 20 years

You're going to wind up unconscious in a booth somewhere, and you will be lucky of you still have your phone and your wallet when you wake up with a hangover.
>>
>>2643880
>Should I try to go rescue this retard? I live in Angeles
Please. This would be the best trip report of the year so far
>>
>>2643914
Ill only believe this isn't a troll if you post your flaccid weaner
>>
>>2643914
Are you on fin?
>>
>>2643914
Imagine paying for sex in flip
>>
>>2643935

Finastride? Yes. Does that make you soft?
>>
>>2643956
Yeah, bud. Well documented side effect in a minority of users.
>>
So, what's the actual deal with the tourist visa extension?
Can I Digital Nomad and just extend my visa over and over or will they ask for proof of funds, ask where my money is coming from, etc etc?
>>
>>2638295
>I stacked Agoda
Please actually tell me how the fuck this works, because I never get any thing remotely decent from Agoda.
I am a Platinum VIP or whatever the highest tier is and I get the same fucking prices you get signed out in a web browser, with maybe a 5-8% off coupon thrown in every once in a while.
How the fuck do I get actual bargains?
>>
>>2644039
He's bullshitting you goof. Sometimes there are crazy good deals for shithole hotels nowhere near tourist stuff and you get get like 60% off for a week, but there is always a catch.
>>
>>2644009
Yeah pretty much. You can renew visa for 6 months at a time and you only need to leave for a day and come back every 3 years.

Most laid back visa scheme around, since few people actually want to come live here.
>>
>>2644083
It's 6 months now? When I was doing it I could extend for 2 months at a time.
>>
>>2644126
You send it to the Manila office they will do 6 months, get a visa agent
>>
>>2644166
There's a bit of both. They do indeed have bars there and beach resorts too.
>>
I'm already back home from Angeles. Enough of that shit until next week. I hope that other anon found some pills to get his pecker working before he gave up completely.
>>
>>2644083
Judging by what I see when I go to immigration offices there are quite a few of us living here. Try going to the Angeles office sometime or worse the main one in Manila. If I go to the one in the province where I live there's hardly anyone but that's not really surprising.
>>
>>2644444
>Judging by what I see when I go to immigration offices there are quite a few of us living here

Dumbass comment from the resident bumblefuck, right on schedule.
>>
>>2644450
Chill out anon. Of all the things to get combative about this isn't one of them. This is a fairly friendly thread. If you want to be angry there's always the Thailand thread.
>>
senpai I'm a good guy.

I just want to lift weights, play guitar and donate to a sperm bank. I have never and will never pay for sex. Can I do this in Manilla for 2 months?

Are tourists allowed to donate sperm?
>>
>>2644539
This applies to the vast majority of places here. This is a no cockblocking zone.
>>
>>2644540
Yeah but i dont want them asking for their ID
>>
>>2644542
Most hotels should not. Condo buildings I'm not sure. They never hassled me when I was staying in airbnbs.
>>
>>2644544
The hotel i stayed in makati did and so did the other 3 condos in manila
>>
How is the sun here for a fly white guy? Is it like New Zealand where you get cancer in 10 minutes or can I manage? I don't want my skin to start peeling day one.
>>
>>2644565
You're gonna need sunscreen. It's fucking rough right now, it's summer.
>>
How are you guys not scared of the China shit escalating into a war right now? I heard multiple Philipino marines were attacked and injured at sea.
>>
>>2644598
If the shit goes down the US is obligated to defend the Philippines. China is going to start some shit over Taiwan before they get into the water and rocks that they have a much shakier claim over. Until then they will keep up with their pussy shit like water cannons.
>>
>>2644198
Happy to see my constant use of “pecker” has proliferated on /trv/. My work has been fruitful
>>
>>2644598
China will take over the Philippines anytime soon. Their ex "president" dogterte sold the PH to the chinks.
>>
>>2644624
He wanted to but all he really accomplished was bringing in a bunch of them to do illegal offshore gambling without even collecting taxes from them. The right people were getting paid so he didn't care if the government got any kind of cut. All the belt and road bullshit didn't pan out because it wasn't serious to begin with.
>>
Why is janny deleting questions about hotels? Hes going pretty wild in this general
>>
>>2644627
"Sex tourism" I assume
>>
Friendly reminder

Discussions of prostitution or sex tourism are NOT permitted on /trv/.
>>
>>2644598
Nobody is gonna invade Ph, they might get a few boats overturned tho.
Why would they invade when they can just buy it anyway?
>>
>>2644629
you're not a real tourist (tm) unless you live on the street
>absolute state of /trv/
>>
>>2644661
>Since when?

Hi anon, please see the pinned thread at the top of the board. Familiarize yourself with the board rules before posting. Discussions of prostitution or sex tourism are not permitted on /trv/.
>>
>>2644661
some filipino got mod power and he's seething
>>
>>2644677
Just saying it's a very third world mindset not to follow rules :)
>>
>>2644542
Most hotels and condos with gate guards require id. Even short time hotels will demand id for girls if they look like teenagers.

Airbnbs you're on your own, but that also means you can be easily victimized by scammers, so that is the price you pay for privacy.

If you stay in an airbnb do a sweep for hidden cameras. Last couple I stayed in had a couple.
>>
>>2644598
What weird propaganda are you reading? Nobody is going to go to war with PH, because PH has nothing anybody wants. Border skirmish shit over some atoll will never be a real war. Ph will capitulate and cry about it for awhile, but thats all.
>>
>>2644689
>If you stay in an airbnb do a sweep for hidden cameras. Last couple I stayed in had a couple.
How did you find them? I hope you destroyed them and wrote about it in the review and reported them, right?
>>
>>2644709
Nah just blocked them and went about my way.

If you fuck with people they will find ways to fuck with you back, and when I'm traveling my goal is to fly under the radar, not start shit.
>>
>>2644717
Ok, I'm just going to assume your bullshitting then
>>
>>2644732
ANYTHING BUT THAT OH NO!
>>
What's a medium to large sized city that isn't infested with whiteoids? I particularly do not want to encounter white cunts, I'd rather be around suhuman sexpats tbqh
>>
I already got the rundown on filipinos and their way of life, but what about cambodians? I'd rather go to cambodia cause it's less travelled I'm wondering why you guys chose Philippines over cambodia and what's the run down in cambodia and cambodians, what can I expect? I'm not tryna start a cambodia thread right now I'm just gathering intel
>>
>>2644751
the best sex i had was from a cambodian girl
>>
Another reminder

Discussions of prostitution or sex tourism are NOT permitted on /trv/.
>>
>>2644753
Do NOT try and guess her age
>>
>>2644598
China is not going to be invading a gigantic archipelago when that would mean engaging the US navy. It would make Afghanistan look like light policing work.
>>
>>2644751
You'd be in far less danger of being murdered or drugged in the worst parts of Manila. It's also very traveled because of Angkor Wat. Poorer, more exciting, less moral (for better or for worse), drugs extremely available. Philippines is for the quiet life.
>>
>>2644782
...I also felt like the amenities were better in Phnom Penh than in Manila (comparing big cities). Noticed a lot of American imports in the higher end supermarkets, as if there's more trade between Cambodia and the US; I guess they're making use of their dollars. Cambodian food is better than Philippines food, which isn't saying much. Most flips seem to think a pat of rice and some pork and an egg is a complete meal. There are entire aisles for mayonnaise in Philippines supermarkets. You go over to the deli and it's trays of hotdogs.
>>
>>2644748
Dagupan perhaps?

>>2644753
My first gf was Cambodian.

>>2644751
I will be the first to tell you that the infrastructure of the Philippines sucks but in Cambodia you would be going from sucks to non existent. If you were just going to travel to Cambodia you could probably deal with it for awhile but if you're like me trying to live in a country full time I'm quite sure it would get old fast.

>>2644783
You can find American imports here too if you go to the right supermarkets. Or of course somewhere like S&R. Most of the time I prefer to buy the local stuff because of the cost savings but it is an option if you have money to burn.
>>
File: received_1729074107566744.jpg (281 KB, 2006x1270)
281 KB
281 KB JPG
>>2644748
Baguio
>>
>>2644862
It's full of white grandpas. Few of them I saw had a woman by their side.
>>
I was in The Philippines for just 7 days before 7 days in Vietnam. It was nice to see family, I'm 27M Filipino, 6'0 muscular, so it was fairly easy for me to get play in Manila and Boracay.

I stayed in BGC for all of Manila but will probably not do that next time, it was not too interesting and other than convenient access to the gym not what I was looking for. I'll probably stay in Makati next time but my Airbnb was nice in a high rise apartment. Food options were overpriced and not too authentic in BGC, and I found myself leaving for more adventure / fun. I went clubbing in BGC a few times and hooked up with a Filipina that was upper middle class both times and into fitness so that was great.

Went to Chinatown but was a bit underwhelmed but maybe I should have made a better itinerary. I can definitely see why people say Filipino food is shit, because the best food I had was cooked by families. A few restaurants stood out such as some Chinese-Filipino places but all the street food was fried bullshit. In countries like Vietnam and Thailand the good food is easier to find and in any stall. The mom and pop shops are the treasures in The Philippines to look out for, at least in Manila.

Boracay was awesome and I wish I had more time. The food here was excellent and since Duterte came into power everything is so clean and convenient. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of Korean tourists here and hooked up with a few using Google translate. One thing was at a legitimate spa, the maussese started giving me a blowjob out of nowhere and it was awesome because she was quite attractive as well.

Overall I think The Philippines is great, and I'd like to do more Real Traveler TM things instead of typical touristy things.
>>
>>2644879
>the best food I had was cooked by families
I've said this before but most travel fags are never going to get invited into anyone's house to eat. Sucks to suck. If you really research it you can find higher end Filipino restaurants but you will pay for it.
>>
>>2644751
Language barrier is #1 reason.
Cambodians who speak English are almost guaranteed to try and rip you off.
Tourist visa requirement is another consideration.
Filipinos like Americans and America... not so for Cambodians.
Island/beach life is preferable to life in an impoverished interior lowland country for most people.
Temps are often milder in PH.
>>
I just finished watching the Best Ever Food Review Show on PH, uploaded like two weeks ago. What an absolute fucking shithole, you guys can't be serious
>>
>>2645204
Fuck off. Nobody cares about your YouTube videos. If you don't have any actual interest in traveling to the Philippines for any reason this isn't the place for you. >>>/int/
>>
>>2645208
You're absolutely right, take care!
>>
best breakfast i can order from grab in manila? My favorite dinner spot so far is italianni's
>>
>>2645255
>best breakfast i can order from grab in manila?
Pancake House
>>
>>2645261
I'm coming back in 3 weeks for a month, i'll try it out. Last time I was eating home cooking the whole time but now I feel like trying some restaurants out
>>
Pancake House is good but I'll also put in a good word for Filipino Dennys, it's better than American Dennys.
>>
>>2645204
It is a shithole. That's what keeps normal faggots away. The last thing I want to see around here are retarded piece of shit normals.
>>
>>2645306
It's not as bad as people make it out to be. At the same time the best possible experiences are off limits to clueless tourists. Retards never make it beyond Manila and go omg what a shithole. They need to be gatekept. Especially if they aren't smart enough to figure out that there's something more to this place than urban filth.
>>
>baby momma overdosed on meth and fucked her brain and is going to prison after she is out of hospital since she was dealing too
>her sister is also a methhead
>grandparents are ancient and crippled

Welp. Looks like I'm raising a kid for the foreseeable future. Wish me luck gents. She's 5 and has only met me twice before.
>>
>>2644995
Nah it's normal at places in boracay. Koreans expect it, and if it's private/behind curtains it's almost a sure thing.

Surely you didn't believe men are just getting random massages all the time? Come on now.
>>
>just date a pinay
>>
>>2644732
Yeah this >>2644689 guy is full of shit, he’s posting FUD.
>>
File: sspa.jpg (117 KB, 705x528)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>2644879
>>2645314
Bruh where was this at?
I swear this place called Sspa that's at Station 2 in the walkway near that tranny show, popular with the korean folk is more than it purports to be. There are private rooms, and a pool with balls / bubbles and giant inflatable flamingos
Didn't try kek, Boracay is a small town and word will surely get around to the sweet hotel worker that agreed to have my children
>>
I'm in s&r pizza and this dorky middle aged white dude sitting in front of me has his ass crack hanging out of his pants.
>>
File: 1565032203122.jpg (22 KB, 500x485)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>2645343
>coomers ruin board
>mods do their job
>coomers in damage control mode
>>
File: pinoy_dog-eaters.jpg (46 KB, 400x300)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
Uhh... how do i check if the food served is made of dog or cat meat?
>>
>>2645414
As far as I know nobody eats cats. Don't hang out with drunken tambays and let them serve you meat they cooked. That's all you need to know.
>>
File: pusakal.jpg (23 KB, 150x200)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
roasted cats hanged in dilapidated wooden stalls are also a common sight.
>>
>>2645417
Where? I've never seen it. I think you're just here to troll.
>>
File: 1568361.jpg (572 KB, 950x631)
572 KB
572 KB JPG
>>2645415
Are you sure?

>Half a million cats and dogs are slaughtered annually in the Philippines. The Philippine dog and cat meat trade is centered in the city of Baguio, in the northern Luzon Island province of Benguet.

>Historically, it was associated with celebratory events and rituals of mourning and only affected a small number of dogs and cats. However, over the past 25 years, the dog and cat meat trade has rapidly increased for commercial rather than cultural reasons.
>>
>>2645420
Eh I googled it and one guy on Reddit said there are restaurants in Baguio that serve dog. I don't know what your purpose is posting borderline animal gore in a travel thread though. Other than trolling obviously. You should fuck off.
>>
>>2645418
Why are you so defensive? are you a filipino?

>Inhumane Treatment During Transport and Slaughter

>Stray dogs and cats are rounded up off the street and shipped up to six hours to the provinces in extremely inhumane conditions without food or water. Steel cans are forced onto their noses and their legs are tied behind their backs. Many of the dogs and cats are people’s pets—some are still wearing collars around their necks.

>Due to the stressful transportation methods, nearly half the dogs and cats die before they reach their final destination. Sometimes 90 percent of them die. Mortality rates are of no concern to the dog and cat meat traders because the dead animals are processed along with the live ones.

>Behind closed doors, they are clubbed, their throats are cut, their fur is scorched off with a blow-torch, and their bodies are dismembered.
>>
File: 8184144.jpg (194 KB, 949x712)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>2645421
You seem upset. Filipino culture of eating cats and dogs is shocking to me too you know.
>>
Trikepatrol is based
>>
File: 1021214_orig.jpg (364 KB, 951x800)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
I mean it's culturally relative. think about how eating cows are seen as barbaric by indians. can't fault filipinos for eating cats and dogs, it's their culture. But i'm not interested in that and that's why i'm asking on how to avoid munching on cat and dog meat while in the philippines.
>>
>>2645432
>>2645433
>>2645434
What?! get away from me you perverted weirdo.
>>
Not hot, unfortunately. filipino women are friendly but tend to be quite ugly.
>>
>>2645451
Its the homeliness which makes them sexy
>>
>>2645475
>>2645478
Why are you so mad? Are you a filipino?
I'm not hating on you guys. Even though it irks me I understand that it's part of your culture and that while in the country i'm the one that has to adjust to it.
>>
>>2645487
>>2645488
Relax, Look at you! you're so worked up about this! Go outside and drink a san mig and eat some doggy barbecue before you blow a nerve.
>>
>>2645496
>tourism board he says while spamming white on asian exploitative porn

kek
>>
>>2645502
>pay someone to do something
>"omg that's exploitation"
go back
>>
>>2645502
This board is /trv/. That stands for travel. Meaning your pointless screeching about dog and cat meat is off topic. You seem to think you're going to find some offended Filipinos here but no such posters exist in this thread. You were already told where the Filipino posters on 4chan hang out but you're dumb as shit and cannot be helped with anything less than a bullet.
>>
>>2645504
>paying desperate and poor as dirt women to degrading stuff on camera. >Instead of admitting in being lecherous /trv/ anon continues to deny it - "not exploitation" he says.

kek
>>
>>2645513
Sure, mr. juan dela cruz. It's not as if my question on how to avoid consuming dog or cat meat while travelling has any pertinence to tourism. Not at all.
>>
>>2645515
I'm a white expat living in the Philippines just like everyone else in this thread, retard. If I wasn't I'd be in /asean/ with the other flips.
>>
File: file.png (78 KB, 1508x693)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
What posts from actual Filipinos look like, lmao. If I posted there I would have the flip flag too because I live there but I'm not a flip.
>>
>>2645514
>infantilising women into believing they cannot say "no" or are too stupid to say "no"
>>
>>2645516
sure jose. i'm sure your parents are proud of you spamming porn on the net.
>>
>>2645520
I'd post my ACR I-Card but I don't know where it is right now. My wife probably has it. Instead of that I'll just continue to assert the power of WMAF. There's also the fact that I have a command of the English language that isn't suggestive of someone who speaks it at only a 3rd grade level. Other than that you're going to need to take my word for it. I know you won't because you know exactly who and what I am and are just playing dumb to troll. You're not very good at it. I ran circles around you.
>>
How much you guys pay them for an overnight stay?
>>
>>2645522
>Be me an anon asking trv anons a about travelling stuff
>a flip anon answered the question by sperging out and went completely spastic.
>flip anon tried to prove his superior argumentative skills by spamming porn
>"I ran circles around you" he says

kek
>>
>>2645522
This gentleman is a native english speaker, totally trustworthy bloke he is I says.
Had been offering gems of advice the past couple of threads until this moron decided to turn up

Do continue to post in future, kind sir.
>>
>>2645528
"Do continue to post in future, kind sir" you know what I unironically agree. He's so unhinged that this ended up so fucking hilarious. Do keep posting /trv/ anon, a.k.a. Mr. Pedro of manila philippines.

As you said you "ran circles around me" so I will bow down to you and concede that your superior porn-cum-counter argument skills stumped me. if we ever meet in person i'll gladly buy you the filipinos roasted cat and dog adobo.
>>
>>2645533
You're playing a game that simply isn't winnable. The best you can hope for here is a draw. You didn't get what you wanted here. It isn't being offered. Let this be a lesson to you about what happens when you try to troll a troll.
>>
>>2645539
Okay but what a weird way to troll though, posting the entire content of your porn folder like that.

But whatever, so can my inquiry be answered, finally?

I'm going to Baguio in a few weeks so when i go there how can i check if the food being served at local restaurants has dog or cat meat in it (since some filipinos there eat them), as a way to avoid consuming it? or do i have to subsist on mcdonald's during my entire stay?
>>
>>2645542
You aren't going anywhere lmao. The real loser here is the janny that has to clean up this mess.
>>
>>2645544
lmao your own ass, juan. pity the janny that has to deal with your immature filipino drivel.
>>
>>2645392
This is 4chan you retard. If you wanted sanitized garbage, go back to plebbit.
>>
>>2644882
Yeah I'm Filipino so that was the easy part.

You can find good Filipino restaurants but definitely have to talk to locals to discover them.
>>2645360
Not this one, but you know how there are many workers who accost you and attempt to have you get a massage? I literally just asked who's gonna suck my dick lol. I was with a buddy and we were feeling brazen. We got a few chuckles, one guy got pissed and insulted, and we gave up. We finally accepted an invite from a midget filipina and at that point we just wanted a real legit massage. I thought mine looked pretty good, so I got naked, and upon turn around, had a raging boner, she laughed and started sucking it.

Boracay was lit.
>>
>>2645633
>the maussese started giving me a blowjob out of nowhere
>I literally just asked who's gonna suck my dick
so which way it was?
>>
>>2645633
Nice work. Gotta love Boracay, $20 bottles of test at kingfisher gym and $10 packets of Viagra at all the pharmacies.
Lots of action, and plenty of Korean / Japanese / euro tourists too.
Gotta love those filipinas though, legitimately horny semen demons and very sweet too.
>>
How the fuck do I get anavar in PH. I want to do a light cycle but can't find it.
>>
>>2645699
Both.
How it works is there's a bunch of unaffiliated people trying to get beach goers to get a massage, or do some sort of activity.
>>2645754
I prefer Koreans lol.
>>
>>2645786
Koreans suck. Most of them are severely brain damaged feminists. They don't deserve dick even if you want to give it to them.
>>
File: ia.jpg (166 KB, 705x1332)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>2645760
Go to any gym, walk up to the biggest guy there, he will know a supplier. I'm not memeing. Go tip a bouncer at a club and ask him. Unfortunately just not as easy to buy as Thailand.
I was offered multiple times kek, I was training at gyms that had competitors.
All openly dealing and using on the gym floor kek

If not, look up IA Superpharma - Philippines
>>
>>2645814
This shit is probably dirty as fuck.
>>
>>2644598
having China control the flips would be better than whatever corrupt bs they got going now
>>
>>2646502
Disagree. I have a friend who lives in China and it sounds like just as much of a shithole to me. If I'm going to live in a shithole I at least want a bit of freedom, know what I mean? I spent an entire day of my life setting up a special type of VPN on one of my servers just so he could watch YouTube. Fuck all of that.
>>
>>2647044
>>2647044
>>2647044
>>2647044
New thread

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.